Other [Champions 6e] 9 11 Teen Supers - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 2 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 10:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Just because I was losing track of the apps.Hope I got everyone.

Applicants

Player Character
Kenjitsu Tempo
Drachenspirit Slider
Komaru Dynamo
MrKinister Striker
Nightshade Kaiju
SalmonMax Kitsune
Kaiya Bright
JaredSyn Pitbull

Last edited by Nightshade; 08-13-2019 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:17 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 508
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
My character's alias is actually 'Bright'. 'Crunch' is a term for RPG stats.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Fixed, sorry about that!
Old 08-13-2019, 11:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4224
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Rework of Pitbull Hoping this is correct. Waiting to hear back from MrKinister on suggestions since he is familiar with the system. Of course GM suggestions and recommendations are also welcome.

Last edited by JaredSyn; 08-14-2019 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:31 PM
Ancient Emerald Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 332
MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister MrKinister
Hey JaredSyn,

Those two pictures you are linking. They are small squares with text that says: "Adult Role Playing elliquiy.com". There's no actual subject on the image there.

I see the changes. I am assuming the math is good. =)

The new PD/ED will now assure that he'll be able to take a good number of even-powered hits, and keep his mug in the fight. =)

The 20 CON will help him to not get overwhelmed. Specially in the Energy damage range, which used to be a problem for him, but not anymore.

Speed is low, but it all depends on how everyone else does. If you can, I would raise to at least a 4, but up to you. It's a points management game at this point. =)

I think this puppy is ready to rumble. Let's see what the GM has in mind.

(FYI: I think the remainder of what can be learned here is best left to an actual game session. You'll see how the numbers work out in the field with practical applications and results.)

"Life doesn't give you purpose. You give live purpose." - The Flash
Old 08-14-2019, 01:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1878
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Plenty of knowledgeable players here that can help you JaredSyn, I'm unfortunately not one of them.

Revised my App and concept.

I have a pic or two to add and I'm going to start the rough build. No doubt I will need some help as well.
Thank you all! I thought I was going to be able to start on the in-depth review tonight, and am still doing some reinstalling on the new, clean machines. You all are absolutely awesome, and I really really appreciate everyone stepping up to help each other and me to make sure nobody gets neglected or lost in the shuffle.

I am very happy with the mix of experienced and new to the system players and am so impressed with the quality of people on this site as human beings pitching in to help one another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
OH I see his super build makes him very attractive, teamed with his animal magnetism. The Bitches be loving him. LOL

I made some changes myself hopefully I have all the numbers right.
I got your spreadsheet, and it looks completely kosher to me. The resistant damage reduction is interesting in that it will help more with big damage, while allowing multiple small arms or even knife attacks to do significant damage. The actual Resistant Physical Defense is relatively modest at 5 PD/ 5 ED, but is enough to stop most pistols or knives, so it's a workable approach. At one Body per Hour, the Regeneration is going to be an out of combat thing.

All in all, I am okay with the build and appreciate the relatively straight forward approach. I will GM in good faith and the character should do fine, while I expect you will be eager to upgrade certain areas with experience.

One thing, there seems to be a five-point Social Complication that is yet to be defined?

Quote:
Just because I was losing track of the apps. Hope I got everyone.

Applicants

Player Character
Kenjitsu Tempo
Drachenspirit Slider
Komaru Dynamo
MrKinister Striker
Nightshade Kaiju
SalmonMax Kitsune
Kaiya Bright
JaredSyn Pitbull
Thank you SO much! This is a big help, and one of the things I was meaning to do once I was able to post from a computer instead of just a phone browser! I have copied it to the Original Post and will work to keep it up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Rework of Pitbull Hoping this is correct. Waiting to hear back from MrKinister on suggestions since he is familiar with the system. Of course, GM suggestions and recommendations are also welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Hey JaredSyn,

Those two pictures you are linking. They are small squares with text that says: "Adult Role Playing elliquiy.com". There's no actual subject on the image there.

I see the changes. I am assuming the math is good. =)

The new PD/ED will now assure that he'll be able to take a good number of even-powered hits and keep his mug in the fight. =)

The 20 CON will help him to not get overwhelmed. Especially in the Energy damage range, which used to be a problem for him, but not anymore.

Speed is low, but it all depends on how everyone else does. If you can, I would raise to at least a 4, but up to you. It's a points management game at this point. =)

I think this puppy is ready to rumble. Let's see what the GM has in mind.

(FYI: I think the remainder of what can be learned here is best left to an actual game session. You'll see how the numbers work out in the field with practical applications and results.)
The FYI is particularly true! I fully expect a lot of experience both points and learning to come through play as players not only learn or brush up on the game system but get a good feel for the types of challenges that I as GM favor and or avoid. Case in point, a slower SPEED tends to be workable in my games, even a Brick type with a 2 speed can probably contribute meaningfully in most combats, while really speedy characters can be frustrated if they sacrifice an ability to do damage over about 5d6 normal or so. That is just because I tend to avoid trying to manage huge numbers of lower power minion types because it bogs me down.
Old 08-14-2019, 01:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan HeroFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
Application
Name: Matt Galloglach
Hero Alias: Tempo

Appearance: Matt looked like one of the Greek gods, with striking features and a perfect smile. His rugged good looks went well with his Jet Black hair and blue eyes, standing nearly six foot tall and already sporting an athlete's physique. But Matt wasn't just a pretty boy, he was the whole package with brains and ambition as well.

Background:
Matt grew up in a military family, being home schooled while moving around base to base. He was going to be a third generation marine. His grandfather had migrated to the United States as a little boy from Ireland, living and working in New York. Matt's family has lived in almost every state at one point or another, depending on where his father was stationed at the time. His father included Matt in his own workout program as well worked on training him in the martial arts that he would one day need once he enlisted. Matt loved his parents and wanted to be just like his father and worked hard to make sure he would not only pass every test thrown at him, but be the best at it as well. His dreams was to eventually go into Force Recon, the special forces of the Marines. When Matt's powers started to manifest, Matt's father decided to focus on the hand to hand combat training and limited weapon training to just blades instead of firearms like he had been planning. After the 9/11 invasion, the military would need soldiers like Matt who could fight within the bubble and take the fight to its source, assuming Matt's powers works inside the bubble.

I love the background! I notice there is room for another Complication, so please make it Code Against Killing.

The Multi-Power needs to be more limited as just throwing Characteristics into a Multi-Power is too "efficient" for this game. I would like it better if you had each slot actually cost significant Endurance to keep it running.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Slider - WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Jennifer Lawson

Hero Name: Slider

Sex: F

Physical Description: Jen is 5'10" tall with a lean athletic build. Currently, she dresses in t-shirts, a hoodie, stretch jeans, or leggings with athletic running shoes. She always has a ballcap of a professional baseball team of New York on her head, wearing it backwards. She has auburn hair, cut to shoulder length, and green eyes.

Powerset Description:

SLIDER'S CHARACTER SHEET

I really like the Complication about being determined to fight crime. I would like to learn a little bit more about why that is her motivation in her background. Did she have an "Uncle Ben" experience ala Spider-Man? Did she have a friend forced to join a gang and get killed or just get killed in a random gang drive-by shooting as an innocent bystander? Maybe some kind of indication of what kind of crime, in particular, is she determined to fight, and why? I am wondering about Code Against Killing only being for 5 points. That could indicate that it just very rarely comes up, but for someone whose main power to explode things, it seems to indicate that it just isn't that big a concern for her? Please describe where the Code Against Killing comes from in the background too. Also, where did she get the armor from?

The Multi-Power is good, with just variations on her ability to energy blast and not a bunch of different power types thrown in for "efficiency", thanks for that!

That said, I am going to ask you to bite the bullet and replace the explosion mechanic with the full point "Area Effect" instead. Basically, I don't want the extra math of subtracting damage for each hex complicating my combats.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komaru View Post
Dynamo working 1st draft, so you have an idea where I'm headed.

[Stats: 120 pts]
Str 10
6 Dex 13
Con 10
8 Int 18
Ego 10
Pre 10
15 OCV 6
15 DCV 6
OMCV 3
9 DMCV 6
30 Speed 5
2 PD 4
5 ED 7
8 REC 12
6 END 50
6 BODY 16
10 STUN 40

[Skills perks talent: 34 pts]
9 Striking Appearance
6 Combat Luck
3 Lightning Reflexes

3 Electronics
3 Deduction
3 Science Skill: Electro-magnetism
3 Charm
3 Persuasion
1 TF cars

[Powers: 117 points]
55 Lightning M/P Pool: 55 active.
5 [ultra] 11d6 blast = 55
3 [ultra] 7d6 blast dmg shield (+1/4), reduced end (+1/4) = 52; no range (-1/2)=35

17 Running (accelerated electrical impulses) +12m, x2 NCM (+5)
2 Swimming +4m (ditto)

20 Electro-location [Like a 'pinging' Spatial Awareness: Detect Physical Objects (10), targeting, active, fully penetrative - not through magnetic shielding (conductive metal mesh/walls), may not distinguish multiple objects of similar capacitance/conductivity, detectable by magnetic field instruments (or just the presence of static on devices using RF)]. 30 active. Requires Concentration (1/2 DCV) and imposes -3 on PER rolls to initiate (-1/4). Extra time (segment) to initiate (-1/4).

10 Energy Damage Negation, 4 DC's, lightning only (-1)

5 Mental Defense 5 pts (Over-clocked brain harder to affect)

Complications:
Physical Limitation, 5 points: Sensitive electronics (computers, smart phones, etc) tend to bug-out when she's using them, due to residual magnetism or static electricity effects. Primarily a non-combat hindrance (Infrequent, Barely).

Distinctive Features, 5 pts: Strikingly beautiful super-powered teenager (ref 3 levels of Striking Appearance, plus wearing the uniform that they put us super teens in, plus the aura of electrical power that flares up from time to time: sparks from fingertips, a glow in the eyes, surges of magnetic interference). Concealable without too much effort.

Social Complication: Subject to orders (if we're drafted), and/or perhaps public ID or secret ID - much depends on the campaign set-up.

Psyche Lim X: Feeling this out still, so may require some messaging and background development.

Psyche Lim Y: Because one Psyche Lim just isn't enough for a teenage girl.
Love the background! Hm...that Damage Shield slot costs just 1 Endurance to maintain though. I will tentatively accept it depending on whether it seems abusive in play. Please add Code Against Killing. Also just to make sure we're on the same page, the special sense doesn't seem to be bought to provide much in the way of detail about any physical objects that are detected using it. Is that how you are expecting it to work? "Something is behind the door."?
Old 08-14-2019, 02:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKinister View Post
Here's an idea:

Name: Michael Albright

Codename: Striker

Powerset: Spatial/Temporal Dimensional Shifts, allowing for extraordinary reaction times due to temporal distortions, as well as matter and location manipulation due to spatial distortions.

Background: Mike A. was a bit of a rebel. Never was a part of the "in" crowd at school, and he didn't fit in with the rest of "weirdos" and "geeks", or what ever people call them nowadays. But he was alright. He loved being a bit anonymous, a bit of a "hacker". He wasn't world class, but he could do a bit, assuming he had some time to prepare. His parents were generally absent, but they had money, so he never lacked anything. They thought he was going through a phase, wearing black and staying at home with his computer, or wandering the mall until late at night, or looking up YouTube videos on everything from making pipe bombs to taking an ATM apart. Heck, all the default passwords were online and ready for the taking anyway, so he never really lacked money. He enjoyed being a bit of a thief. But he knew the risks. "Never take so much it gives you away", he would repeat to himself.

He had a friend or two. Not many kids his age were into the things he loved. Then again, he wasn't your typical teenager either. It could be argued that his considerable talents and intelligence could have been better used for something more productive, but there just wasn't the right people in his life to guide him to something better. Until that happened, he would have to rely on his own intuition and his street smarts.

Then something weird happened. He woke up one day and his entire world was spinning. No, not spinning, it was moving at strange angles and speeds. He didn't know what happened, only that something went through his room at night, charred half of his possessions and turned the other half to chalk. And he himself had been changed. He lost all bodily hair, head, eyebrows, body hair, private parts. It was weird. He had to start wearing hoodies to school to hide his face, or people would start asking questions. He was relieved when it all started to grow back slowly. And then, another strangest thing was that he would know things. Things that would happen just an instant before they did. He discovered that he could do things... with his mind. He could move fast, he could move slow, he could make himself "step sideways", and people wouldn't notice him, even if they were standing right before him. Like they weren't there. It's like he had some sort of strange sensory super-awareness. And then the "jumping". He sneezed once and found himself outside on a street half a mile away from home. It took some time to figure out what had happened, but it only took him two days to make it happen at will. And so on it went, discovering his newfound physical abilities.

The news were full of stories of others who were also unusual. Super strong, super fast, able to fly. He learned that he, too, could fly, if he focused his ability to distort space on himself, but it wasn't very fast. The ability he liked the most was being able to jump across a distance, maybe half a mile at a time. He could cross all of Manhattan in a few moments.

But it then dawned on him that maybe this might have been something too good to be true. The news talked about government agents wanting to speak to anyone who had these abilities. He had seen too many movies about G-Men to know they were not be trusted. He would avoid them if he could. In his mind, they were going to capture him, put him on a metal slab of a table, poke and prod him, do experiments, then cut him apart to see what made him tick. He was not going to give them that chance. Never.

And that strange column of fire in the middle of the city. It had been there for as long as he could remember. The grown-ups never really liked to talk about it much, but reports online and in news casts were going about the "invaders returning one day" and "needing to be prepared for the next phase". He felt it was weird, and people went about their own business anyway.

With his newfound abilities he learned to travel about the state without worrying about money or fares. But what he loved most was jumping to the top of the tallest buildings and pulling a "brooding batman" pose. He was surprised one day as we walked by a store front to see his profile captured on an amateur camera, a cell phone. After that, he made sure to keep his face hidden, and started wearing a mask. Who knew how many people were going to come after him, try to find him, try to talk to him, now that he was out in the open. It was both a bit frightening, but also a bit exciting. He would try to make it a chase. Let them come close enough, then he wold disappear to another building, leaving them guessing. What a way to make an exit.

But all that changed when he walked by an alley as a pimp was beating one of his girls. He never really liked bullies because he remembered the ones at school. But he knew now what he was capable of. In a manner of five seconds he picked the ugly mug shot of a man up and hurled him against the wall. He must have broken several ribs and gotten a major concussion because he was lights-out right there and then. The girl screamed and ran. So much for the "you're my hero" kiss. Might as well. She wasn't really his type.

That moment changed his world. Up to now he had used his abilities to help himself. But now he understood that he could use them to help others. Suddenly the whole "with great power comes great responsibility" made sense. He wasn't sure exactly what he was going to do, but he knew he had a few choices to make.

Things were never going to be the same again.

Striker HDC
The background is good. I confess I am a little iffy about him being a hacker stealing money most of the time and fighting crime maybe sort of just as he runs into it? I haven't seen the write up yet, so the Complications will clarify the in character motivational priorities for me. Haven't gotten Hero Designer reinstalled yet; that's next!

Also, full disclosure, I am in InfoSec IRL, and while I don't believe in being nitpicky and ruining player's fun with their character's super cool abilities, there are some significant risks and limits to hacking that might come up if it was a regular activity for the character. Kind of like if the background said that he regularly shoplifted for his daily needs or amusement....
Old 08-14-2019, 02:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Application
Code name: Kaiju

Name: Valerie 'Val' Emerson

Appearance: Val stands a few inches shy of six feet and has a lean, muscular build that does not diminish her statuesque beauty. Her hair has a wave to it and normally hangs to mid-back and her eyes are reminiscent of a raptors. it is there color that draws people's attention. Except for the irises, which are black, both her hair and eyes, including the what world normally be white, is the color of the green flame that is located where the World Trade Center once existed. Val has tried coloring her hair and wearing contacts but unless the contacts completely cover the visible part of her eyes then the green can be seen. her hair always seems to change back to green within a day.

It is her other form, nicknamed her Kaiju form by the scientists, that gives her extended family nightmares since she changed into it by accident for the first time at a family reunion. Thick scales cover her between chitinous plates and long spikes and claws adorn her. Green fire seems to burn within her and can be seen through her eyes and various places on her body. She normally stands under seven feet but she can grow bigger, much bigger. Luckily, no camera or video device seem to be able to capture her image. The Kaiju form also seems able to adapt to a small degree depending on the environment.

Wow, nice background! That's the kind that makes me as GM want to fill in and support the story! Okay, so a few questions in no particular order: 1) Do you picture her working for the government in some kind of secret agency? 2) She has a human form and a kind of monster with wings and scales form that is invisible to electronic detection? And can be in at least large and super Grande size? That's doable, and I would be happy to write up a draft in game terms for you to give feedback as to whether it's in line with your concept...though the points will be interesting and may require that some of it is stuff she develops later with experience points.

Last edited by HeroFan; 08-14-2019 at 02:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2019, 02:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Alrighty...a little first draft time...

Name: Keiko Ichimura
Super Name: Kitsune

Value: 250

Personality
Impulsive, carefree, sometimes even a little manic. Keiko is always torn between her craving for the admiration and adoration of others and her love of making others look foolish. Her compromise is generally to win over the admiration of 'normal people,' and to make anyone who is a little too full of themselves, or who likes to feel big by making other people feel small, look foolish. Between her age and her temperament, she has trouble holding down regular work, but she often does work as a runner or courier just to get food in her belly. She's also not above a little 'harmless' shoplifting to make ends meet when necessary.

Backstory
Keiko only has dim memories of her parents. She was very young when the pillar of green flame split the sky, changed the world, and took them away from her. Without other living family in the USA, she entered into foster care but immediately had trouble adjusting. For years she would sneak out of the house and creep into the militarized zones, hoping to find her parents. It was doing this, and trying to stay unnoticed by her foster family and inhuman invaders alike that she first discovered her powers. Bending light to become invisible was the first trick Keiko mastered.

She very skillfully kept her powers hidden from her foster family. Later as her control grew, she could even make images of herself one place...while sneakily working mischief in another. Over time, though they never actually caught her, they figured out Keiko was behind the many disturbances and finally she was moved to another family. The second family was larger, with several other foster children, and much more strict. Keiko immediately came into conflict with them, and a similar pattern played out. Though she was successful in framing other kids for her antics for awhile, eventually they worked out who was behind it...if not how...and more punishments were imposed.

And finally Keiko just left.

Her story would almost certainly have had a tragic ending if not for her ever-growing mastery of her powers. Not just invisible now, she could make herself appear to be someone entirely different. A gorgeous young girl alone in New York was on borrowed time...but an old, scabby man with a terrible cough? People barely noticed him. They didn't want to. Keiko was a quick study when it came to people...she could often watch them when they didn't know they were watched. She learned what kind of face to wear to get the reaction she was after.

She grew, and her powers matured further. Keiko found she could use her control of photons to create electrostatic effects...manipulating electrons in matter to behave as if they were 'solid' to one another. In this way she could affect physical objects. At the same time, she had grown fond of a small group of other homeless people living around a local shelter. They cycled in and out as they could, but were familiar faces. Friends even.

One of these friends was killed though in a drug deal that went bad...and this galled Keiko to action. Though she'd never used her abilities for more than self-gratification before, now she used them to track down and find the men who'd been at the deal. From there she found out who was behind it; a local drug lord who was pushing into new territory in the neighborhood. While Keiko wasn't much of a fighter, she went after his operations...turning his people against one another and playing on their paranoias. For this she used one of the very few objects she had from her old family...things she'd carried in a shoebox since she was old enough to carry anything at all. The item in question was a somewhat battered kitsune noh mask, given some shine and polish courtesy of illusions.

A bit of overconfidence and a couple of mistakes led to the drug lord working out that he was being stymied by someone wearing a fox mask with powers...but for the moment at least, that's all he knows. Aware of the danger, Keiko's kept her head down lately, waiting for an opening she can use to bring the operation down once and for all.

Very intriguing! There are a lot of interesting elements to her background! Being an orphan for one. The Japanese heritage and language fluency for another!

I would like her to be more clearly a hero, though adding the Code Against Killing will help, still as written I get the feeling that she could easily be a villain that plays pranks and avoids killing people...except for having a vendetta against one particular drug pusher?

Also, the multipowers as written are an issue for me. I would like to see just one multipower if any, with only slots that are variations on a mechanical theme, i.e. different EB's or different types of Flight or Teleport or Force Field (Resistant Protection, Barrier, etc.).

I do not like that the only power that she can use from her image is a killing attack with penetration. I understand that with fewer points to spend, a killing attack can seem more "efficient", but I want to see something less specifically lethal for her most versatile attack. How about a nice STUN Drain? Power Defense is pretty rare.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:01 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1241
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
Yeah, if I stick with Kitsune, that would be changed to a normal Blast.

I've been mulling that though. The multiple multipowers is a thing, and it's a much harder thing to compensate for. I think I'm trying to do too much for the character generation rules of this particular game. Too complicated, powerwise.

What I'll probably do is keep the 'basic' shape of the background, and change the powerset to something more conventional and easier to model on 300 points.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
I don't have much experience with the Hero System. It's been quite a while since I last used it. So instead of posting my full character right away, I'll post a first draft of her stats. Does this look mechanically sound? Let me know if there are any mistakes or problems with it; Or even just areas with wasted points and poor optimisation.

The general write up seems okay. I will put it into Hero Designer to check it out thoroughly. I would like you to drop the killing attack. And add a Code Against Killing. With a 45 Strength, the killing attack is not necessary and will kill people. My only real problem is that the premise of the character's main motive being political is just not something that I want to spend the game energy and time on. I just don't want to run a game that focuses at all on the political scene as anything more than a backdrop. I recognize that it's a valid and even interesting idea to play out, but I don't want to do it in my game.
Old 08-14-2019, 03:08 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalmonMax View Post
Yeah, if I stick with Kitsune, that would be changed to a normal Blast.

I've been mulling that though. The multiple multipowers is a thing, and it's a much harder thing to compensate for. I think I'm trying to do too much for the character generation rules of this particular game. Too complicated, powerwise.

What I'll probably do is keep the 'basic' shape of the background, and change the powerset to something more conventional and easier to model on 300 points.
Agreed. You could even make the killing attack, "Stun only".

Maybe focus on the shapeshift? That's cool and pretty straightforward in the possibilities. How could she be more overtly heroic in focus?