Notices

Old 10-01-2019, 06:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1172
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
Phoenix

Applications ARE OPEN for Group 2 and run until 21st December.
Game NamePhoenix
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeJoin the Watch, become a Hero
FlavourNew recruits to the forces of the Duke's Watch serve and protect, with a potential side of intrigue
Plot Summary
Ask YourselfDo you want to protect your home? Do you want to defend the good people of Schutzberg from the depredations of bandits? Or are you just so darn poor that life in the guard is the only hope you have? Whatever your reasons come and sign up, the Wache is recruiting today!

This game will start off at level 1, with a broad world to explore and a lot of plot threads waiting to be unravelled. Whilst the initial position is simple I will be developing the flow of the game based on the characters selected. There are several major plots to be discovered and played through, but revealing them would be unsportsmanlike.

Application
Please fill out the below, taking note of the comments and requirements outlined in Permitted Sources. Characters will be level 1 with no equipment. Don't worry you will be issued equipment before any battles break out.

Name:
Race:
Class:
Background: Mechanical
Trait: What are you like? (Choose 2)
Bond: What is important to you in your life?
Ideal: What would you be willing to fight for?
Flaw: What don't you like about yourself?
Appearance: Give a general appearance of yourself prior to joining the Wache
Personality: Write a paragraph (no more than one!) describing your character, base this on your mechanical background traits.
Backstory: Write no more than 2 paragraphs and try to answer the following questions (in the prose, not as bullet points)
  • Where are you from?
    1. Are you from Schutzberg?
    2. Are you from a different town in the Dukedom?
    3. Are you from somewhere else in Aldan?
    4. Are you a foreigner?
  • Do you have family in the area?
  • What event most shaped your personality?
  • Why do you want to join the Wache?
RP Sample: Write no more than 2 paragraphs showing an interaction between your character and a key character from their past. At least 3/4s of the text must be from your character's point of view and you must include at least one line of dialogue and one thought from your character.

Permitted SourcesAnything official, plus UA, but with the caveats below:

Point buy: 27 points
Character Sheet: Please use D&D Beyond. Making an account is free and you will have access to all of my content.
Classes: No Mystic
Races: Natives to Aldan can be Human, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Orc, Goblin, Dwarf, Aasimar and Tiefling. Other races will typically be from other lands, they are playable, but we'll need to discuss a little of why they are enlisting in Schutzberg.
Backgrounds: No nobles.
Languages: See below

Application Assessment MethodJust a bit of information on how I intend to decide which apps get in, so you can tweak stuff if you need to. Essentially I'm going to score them and take the top 5, maybe 6.

Scores will be as follows and will be mostly based on my preferences, but you won't be hurt by following good writing standards:

Sticking Entirely Within the Guidelines: 10 pts
Writing Quality (Backstory): 0-10 pts
Writing Quality (RP): 0-10 pts
Character Concept: 0-10 pts
Appropriateness to the world/party: 0-10 pts

Nativeness

I'll only be taking a maximum of 2 none native characters if you want your character to be native make sure they come from somewhere within the dukedom (see map below). If you are from anywhere on that map or described in the City and Dukedom information you're a native.

LanguagesLanguages are a little different to normal. There is no Common Tongue, however for the purposes of at least the early parts of this campaign Aldanisch will suffice as such. Each country (and some subcultures) have their own languages and as such, I'll list common ones below to help in choosing which are appropriate for your character. There are other languages and it may be relevant to speak something else depending on your character design.

LanguageCountry of OriginNotes
AldanischAldanSpoken throughout the country by just about everyone
DonavischDonavaSpoken mostly in the borderlands (Common in Schutz Herzogtum)
TerranoirischTerranoirSpoken by natives visiting the port, mostly Dragonborn and Elves
KlauischDrachen KlaueCommon language shared by Dwarves and Goblins of the mountains
ImperialAncient ImperiumSpoken mainly by Cult of the Dragon followers and Orcish tribes
High ImperialAncient ImperiumThe language of spells and scholars (and dragons)
DawnischEmpire of the DawnCommonly heard among the Halfling and Minotaur sailors in port
CelestialPlane of CelestiaSpoken by Aasimar and celestials
InfernalNine HellsSpoken by Tieflings and devils
SylvanFeywildSpoken amongst Fey creatures, including certain groups of Elves

About MeI've been DMing 5th since the playtest and DMing in general since 2nd. This particular world is one I've been running for over three years in real life so I am very familiar and comfortable with the setting. I'm happy to answer questions and expand on anything that you might like to know. As a DM I tend to play very fair and not put a thumb on the scales in either direction in encounters, whether combat or social. You should also note that I am not a fan of 'evil' creatures existing, so for the most part they don't and creatures of any stripe can be good or evil, though more often things you meet will be unaligned and working for a more nuanced purpose (outside of Fiends, Celestials etc.)

Last edited by Drager; 11-26-2019 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2019
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome

Name: Barakas Brimstone
Race: Tiefling, Winged
Class: Fighter
Alignment: CN

Background:Town Guard

Traits:I am always on watch and never let my guard down. I can stare down a hellhound without flinching.

Ideal: I fight for myself in this life because no one else will, including the Gods.

Bond: The town guard spared my life so I begrudgingly owe them.

Flaws: I can be bribed easily, what harm can a few gold pieces do?

Appearance: He stands just short of 6’. His body is toned and wiry. He has a constant smirk that just comes naturally. His black hair starts from in-between his brownish red horns and flows down to his shoulders and between his bat like wings. His red eyes are constantly searching. His fairly sharp chin protrudes from his face. His ears have spiked growths. He moves with grace and agility.

Personality:He is a loner for the most part. Partly self-inflicted and partly because most stay away from him due to his heritage. Working with the guards he is friendly enough and gets along with most. His smirk makes most think he is planning something nefarious. He is confident in his abilities, but not arrogant. He poses no sign of threat until his swords are drawn. His demeanor changes to cold and calculated.

Last edited by Clawsome; 10-24-2019 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Sammi
left-aligned image
Name: Shuisuhliul Sseztee "Sammi"
Race:Yuan-Ti
Class:Druid
Background: Sailor
Trait: I feel out of place in any sort of company; I have a joke (funny or not) for every occasion.
Bond: My mother was the most important person in my life and I want to live up to her memory.
Ideal: I want to be accepted by my own kind, though I've never known met another like me.
Flaw: I don't like my humanity, it makes me feel weak and worthless; I don't like my reptilian side, it keeps me from fitting in.

Appearance: Sammi looks generally like a typical underfed teenager from a distance. As you draw closer, things change. First, you notice the masklike patches of gold and black scales across his face and cheeks, duplicated across his chest, biceps, thighs, and shins. Next, you see his slitted green eyes that don't blink enough. Third, you can hear the sibilant speech from his forked tongue.

Personality: These differences made Sammi a victim of all the bullies growing up. "Lizard boy, lizard boy," they would chant as if they couldn't tell a snake from an iguana, or, "Liar speaks with forked tongue." He had heard all the insults there were to hear by the time he was old enough to answer and frequently felt the odd beating or kick. But no one wanted to mess with him too badly because of his mother. To everyone else, she seemed cold and dangerous, an exotic but poisonous beauty that men feared and desired and women feared and hated. Everyone knew she was a spy for the Imperial Dawn, as she was. To Sammi, she was just his mother until she died and he was left alone to fend for himself.

Backstory: He didn't actually remember the Empire of the Dawn. His mother had come to this cold, dry land when he was but a young hatchling. He didn't actually know anyone from the Empire except by rumor about various ships that would come to port. He didn't know the first thing about his mother's life as an agent or even who his father was. He had asked, but his mother was not a woman who shared secrets, even with Sammi.

Her death nearly broke him. He had nothing. He didn't know how to be Yuan-Ti and didn't want to be human, even if anyone would let him. He didn't know any spy contacts or protocols; the kind of rumors preteens who didn't like you whispered about you or spit at you were clearly not based on reality even if they made any kind of sense. He had a little nature magic he had studied and a childhood spent on ships, so he became a sailor. To avoid getting "accidentally" knocked overboard one dark night, he learned protective coloration. He became something of a clown, with a foolish grin his first defense and a hundred lame jokes he had heard or made up. To some degree, it worked. He lived, the other sailors didn't fear him, and they would even include him at times when they needed a butt for their practical jokes. But, he hated himself for it; this was not what his mother would have wanted.

RP Sample: "Yo, snake boi, fetch me a lef-handed wetstone,"" growled Jago, the massive tattooed bosun. Sammi wasn't stupid. He knew whetstones weren't handed, but he also knew that Jago could and would casually break several of his ribs if he didn't play along. "What's the matter, Jagoff, your right hand getting too much use?" Sammi dodged as one of the barbarian's horny feet swept toward his skinny butt. Off he went to the quartermaster. The quartermaster sent him to the forecastle so the dawn watch could appreciate his wit. They sent him to the cook, not that the cook would have any such thing around, but they were stupid men and didn't really get the subtleties of the humor. The cook sent him to the second mate and the second mate told him to ask the captain. Sammi froze. "Whetstones are nav tools now? You need to sharpen your wits?" he rasped but he knew this was trouble. Until now it had been an annoying joke, typical of a hundred others played on him that kept the crew entertained on the dull days when the sea was not angry. But the captain was not a man you joked with. He wasn't a man you spoke to at all unless he had summoned you and everyone knew you didn't ever speak to a captain, much less THIS captain, on his quarterdeck. On the other hand, the second mate was a sadist who liked hurting people and was always looking for an excuse to exercise the cat. It was a choice between the whirlpool or the sea monster, a slow death or a quick one. Sammi knew he wouldn't survive another whipping; the last had been too recent and the wounds had festered.

The captain stood on the quarterdeck, his large, hairy knuckles locked behind his back. Sammi paused again at the afterway, this was no place for a ship's boy but he saw no choice. "Sir, if you might, the Second Mate sent me for a whetstone, sir. . . . (he paused) a, uh, left-handed whetstone as it seems I am not in my right mind. " For a minute, maybe two, the captain made no response. Then, slowly his head turned. "Did you address me, boy?" Sammi whitened. "Yea, uh, yes sir. The men were having a bit of a joke with me sir and they told me to . . . . " The captains unnaturally black eyes locked on him. "You disturbed me for a joke?" "Well, sir, it wasn't my joke and I'm not supposed to talk back or anything and they, well, I didn't have a choice. " Sammi stared at his feet for another interminable minute. Finally, those big hands moved, hooking into Sammi's hair and pulling his head up. "You are the boy they whipped two days ago for insolence, yes? At sea, you either learn or you die. You don't seem to be learning." Sammi had a retort for this almost ready but captain's grip tightened. "Well, I guess it's choice number two then," and the captain backhanded him across the quarterdeck and over the side as casually as you or I might toss away a maggot infested biscuit. Sammi slammed into the deck rail and over into the cold, salt sea. He drifted for two days but didn't die, not of thirst, not from sharks or sea monsters, not from humans killing a helpless castaway (literally) just for fun. When he washed up, Sammi was alone in Aldan, no food, no job, no prospects. That's what leads a man (well, boy) to apply for the City Wache. No one else would, not if there was a latrine that could be cleaned instead. And yet, here he was.

Last edited by penbeast0; 11-30-2019 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 08:06 AM
DINOSAUR-VIKING?!1

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 416
Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus
Hey mate, I am coming back from a fair hiatus of PBP. What kind of post frequency are you looking for?
Old 10-03-2019, 01:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8684
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Vothug Bonesplinter

Race: Orc

Class: War Cleric

Background: Outlander

Trait: The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity.

If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.

Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.

Ideal: I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family.

Flaw: In my quest to prove myself to my people and family, those I associate with are little more than a means to an end, not individuals to be respected or even admired. While my actions may be altruistic, my motivations are selfish.

Appearance: Standing two inches over six feet, Vothug carries a thick silhouette at nearly 250 lbs. His light green skin contrasts the shock of blonde, almost white hair that covers his chin in a beard and a mohawk standing straight atop his head. His skin is mottled with darker green swaths including one that runs right over his left eye. His ears are pierced numerous times, he wears a nose ring and has tusk rings on each extended tooth.

Personality: Vothug is on a personal quest to achieve renoun, honor, respect, and accolades from the people of Aldan so that he may return home 'a hero'. As the Dukedom is the primary power in the area, he will swear himself to their glory. The negative aspect to this approach is that he holds his personal honor to a frighteningly haughty degree and sees it as an insult if he is not recognized for his good deeds for without that appreciation, it was pointless for him to endeavor in the deed. His honor is so important to him that any who malign his good name even with mere words are called an enemy to him and he would not feel any remorse for destroying an enemy's position in life even if it would mean taking that life in extreme circumstance.

Backstory: Dishonor to one's clan is the ultimate sin. Banishment from the clan is the ultimate punishment. Vothug must now prove his worth in the world and hope that one day his people will accept him back within their ranks.

RP Sample:

The land flattened out before him as he descended the last slope of the mountain. Humans. He had little choice now but to join their world. To prove himself worthy of his own people, he would have to champion another. His first chance to prove himself did not take but a day travel's toward Handelsnabe as he fell upon a lone merchant beset by bandits. Though he hadn't gained the wondrous Earthcracker, he had been sent away with a maul fit for any orcish warrior. He closed the distance quickly and let out a war cry of challenge as he swung the giant hammer. It connected with one thief and the orc used its momentum to swing it in a wide arc and smash it into a second. That left only two attackers. "The maggots and crows shall feast upon them. Will they feast upon your flesh as well?"

The brigands exchanged looks and seemed to wonder if one orc could best them both. Vothug put enough doubt in their heads to make them reconsider. "You may kill me, but I swear on the Blood God Nulgreth, I shall take one of you to Hades with me!" One look in Vothug's eyes told the bandits the threat was serious. As they turned tail and ran, Vothug approached the merchant and helped him up. "Vothug Bonesplinter has saved you this day. You shall speak of my bravery and battle prowess this day to many ears." He then continued his journey to Handelsnabe where he would surely find more opportunity to prove his worth.

Last edited by tomplum; 10-22-2019 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:43 PM
TRIGUY

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 454
Rweasel Rweasel Rweasel Rweasel Rweasel

Name: Briston Lodder
Race: Human
Class: Barbarian
Alignment: CN
Diety Soiryk

Background: Outlander

Traits: I'm oblivious to etiquette and social expectations. Thinking is for other people, I prefer action.

Ideal: It is my duty to respect the authority of those above me,just as those below me must respect me.

Bond: The common folk must see me as a hero of the people.

Flaws: Violence is my answer to almost any challenge.

Appearance: I stand a few inches short of 6' at a muscular 5'9". I may not look powerful as I only weigh 175 lbs but please don't let my size fool you. I will destroy you quickly. My skin is covered in blue symbolic tattoos to honor my clan. I wear jewelry in my ears to honor the important kills of my past. I am a little on the high strung side and will turn to violence in a hurry.

Personality: I have always been taught to fight first and figure it out later. This is something that has served me well since I am still here and many others are not. I carry a big chip on my shoulder because I can bare the weight of anything that is put towards me. If you ask for me to complete something consider it done or I have died trying to complete it. If you put me in that position you will die before me.

Back Story: I hail from my clan encampment that is located to the North East of Handelsnabe. We do move around but we really stay to the same area near the mountains and tree line. The hunting and foraging is great in this area and we have prospered well. My family has decided that we need to start making more of a presence in Handelsnabe and I have been ordered to join the Wache. It was not my decision but if it will bring honor to my clan and myself then it shall be done. I have made my trek through the forest and the plains until I have reached the city and would like to put in my application for the Wache. I believe that my aggressive personality can not be traced back to anything that would define me as a barbarian. But the aggression is a trait that I was taught and it has served me well.

RP Sample I walk across the encampment from my tent to my parents. They have summoned me and I will not be caught dead disobeying a summons from my elders. They deserve respect and I will give it to them. I wave to a few of the ladies in the encampment causing them to blush and giggle. I have yet to decide on which one I will make my life vow to. But hey, I've got time right. It's not like I am going to be leaving any time soon. I have plenty of time to make a decision and plant my seed. As I approach my families tent my little brother runs out of the entrance and rushes right past me with out even saying hello. Little trite. Someone needs to teach him some respect. I enter the tent and notice that it is not just my mother and father in the tent. The clan council have gathered to greet me as well. "This can't be good" I say.

The head councilman moves forward and begins to explain what is going on. "The council has voted and we have decided that the clan needs to make more of an impression on the Handelsnabe citizens. We have decided that you will need to join the Wache and become an important figure. This will allow us to move into the town and become an influential voice." The councilman stops to catch his breathe and hopefully gauge my reaction. When I don't show anything for him to gauge the situation he continues. "You will leave tomorrow. We will provide you with the food rations you will need to make the journey but as for any gear you might need. You will have to get that from somewhere else as we need your gear to equip your replacement." The councilman bows his head and moves towards the door.

Last edited by Rweasel; 10-22-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2019
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Hmmm Sammi and Barakas should get along good bring outsiders to the town.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:02 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5436
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Willow the worthless wizard AKA Weeping Willow

Race: Human Male

Class: Wizard Illusionist

Background: Sage

Traits: I am tolerant of other races and faiths. I always expect the worst so I am never disappointed, but occasionally surprised.

Ideal: I will never give up no matter how often I fail

Bond: I am obligated to help fellow wizards when they ask for it.

Flaws: I am an alcoholic

Appearance: I am a disheveled forty year old gentlemen with a unkempt beard, shabby robes, an eye patch, and I don’t bathe too often, so I’m often covered in dirt. My hair hasn’t been cut in some time, and my clothes need washing.

Personality: I am a very gloomy and depressed downtrodden individual with low self-esteem. I always expect the worst and I am rarely disappointed. My failures weigh heavily on my and I try to drink my despair away which is where I spend most of my gold. I am not judgmental of others, because who am I to judge, so I can tolerate a lot of questionable behavior from others. Despite all of this, I keep trying and never give up.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Last edited by Togot; 11-10-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-06-2019, 08:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 938
Grimbreath Grimbreath Grimbreath Grimbreath Grimbreath Grimbreath Grimbreath Grimbreath
Very interesting! When do you close applications?
Old 10-08-2019, 07:58 AM
DINOSAUR-VIKING?!1

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 416
Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus Berzerkersaurus
I too was working on a human rogue before Treble posted Warner, so apologies for the double up of the Rogue/Urchin character. I don't personally have any experience with 5e, but reading the write up got the ol' juices flowing and I had to submit a character. So if you're willing to take on someone new to the system, lemme present my submission. I can work on finding a picture if you need it.

ApplicationName: Felix Haig
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Background: Urchin
Trait: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide. (Both from the Criminal background)
Bond: I owe a debt I can never repay to the person who took pity on me.
Ideal: I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive. (Neutral)
Flaw: When I see something valuable, I can't think about anything but how to steal it. (From Criminal background)
Appearance: Felix is a young man of only 16, but a hard life makes him seem a little more world-weary than that. With brown eyes and mousy brown hair, the only thing that truly stands out about Felix is his whippet-lean build. Standing at 5 feet 10 inches he’s neither tall not short. He wears nondescript brown leather armour over the top of a shirt that had originally been a blue colour that has now faded to some kind of grey.
Personality: Always the smaller child, long ago Felix forsook the childhood dreams of his body filling out. That speed became his advantage getting through the city. A childhood raised on the streets, Felix has leant into his average appearance and tries incredibly hard not to stand out in a crowd. Not content to live a life as a beggar or pickpocket, Felix has grander plans to raise himself out of the gutter as a burglar.

Backstory:
Felix was born in Handelsnabe to a prostitute and one of any number of men. Like all fatherless bastards, Felix has cursed whoever the gutless coward to the realm of Soiryk for not stepping up to be the man he needed. The handful of men who followed, with only one real intention in mind, have given Felix a rather jaded outlook on the words and actions of men. Hollow words or the back of a hand is what Felix grew up with as a father figure. On the flipside, there is a sense of community and belonging behind the walls of a whorehouse for one who is raised with plenty of “Aunties”. As such Felix is slow to trust men who present themselves friendly or doting manner. He willingly defines himself against the standard of men he has experienced in his life.

Felix has been trying to lift himself, as well as his mother, from their lowly station by committing burglary. His planning has been meticulous. The execution has been flawless. His luck has been horrendous. Twice now he has been caught red-handed – the most recent of which, he was making a clean get away when he turned a corner and bumped into a member of the Wache. A gold bracelet from his take fell to the ground, sparking the keen interest of the guard. The ensuing foot chase resulted in his arrest. In order to escape some heavy corporal punishment, Felix accepted an offer to join the watch and bolster their numbers.

RP Sample:
Felix was caught between a rock and a hard place. This was his third strike and the normally pretty friendly Sergeant Grimes was going to take his thumbs. The sergeant was very insistent that he would do it if he ever caught Felix again. He wasn’t sure how he was going to get himself, as well as his mother, out of the lowly situation life had dealt them when he had no thumbs. He had tried to undo one of his buttons with his thumbs pressed against his palms – it was impossible. But the sergeant had given him a way out. Sign up with the Wache and all would be forgiven. It galled him to even be thinking it, but the alternative was not much of an alternative.

I’m the most unlucky thief in the world. That was the thought constantly running through Felix’s head as he sat in the Wache lockup. Everything had gone according to plan. Felix knew that the family of Otto Nolte was away for an extended holiday to the capital, leaving only a skeleton crew of serving staff. Felix had stalked the patterns of work of the staff and knew the best time to be raiding the personal quarters of the family was late afternoon, while staff were preparing the evening meal. He had made clear his escape only to round a corner a bump straight into the shoulder of a member of the Wache. Felix was awoken from his miserable mindlessness by the metallic screeching of the cell door being opened. "O-okay, I’ll join your damn Wache."

Last edited by Berzerkersaurus; 10-23-2019 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Adjusted RP Sample
Old 10-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
"Self-respecting kid of street?" I feel old, not keeping up with the current slang. Sigh.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:18 PM
TRIGUY

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 454
Rweasel Rweasel Rweasel Rweasel Rweasel
Just so you are aware. You have me listed in the application chart 2 times.
Old 10-09-2019, 11:17 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 916
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Would multiclassing be all right, even if it's later on or something? Not really a deal-breaker though, just thinking of things...

I shall swear no oaths, but I will be here, and if I cannot, I shall tell you.
Old 10-09-2019, 03:20 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Throwing in a WIP application. I'll keep working at it throughout the day and get it finished when I get home from work.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Tallion Ashworthy
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Warlock (Archfey)

Background: Haunted One
Trait: I put no trust in divine beings.
I don't share my thoughts with others anymore, my mind is a muddled place that scares people away.
Bond: I keep my thoughts in a journal in the form of words and drawings, one day somebody might actually see sense in my ramblings because of it.
Ideal: I want to make sad people smile again, just like he did for me.
Flaw: I see and hear things that nobody else does, and it scares me.

Appearance: Tallion could be a good looking young man, if not for his unkempt dark hair, the haunted look in his dark eyes that his easygoing smile is never able to fully hide, and the dark circles that show the world how little he sleeps. His tanned skin shows that his Elvish half is that of a Wood Elf. His body is almost completely covered in mystical white markings that go all the way from foot to neck. The only markings on his face and head are underneath his left eye. Despite never making an attempt to hide the markings, Tallion almost always dresses in layers and sleeves, claiming that he gets cold easily, but everyone knows the truth, that it makes him feel less vulnerable. He gets his height from his human side, standing at about 5' 9" with a slightly too skinny build that's hidden by baggy clothing.

Personality:

Backstory: Write no more than 2 paragraphs and try to answer the following questions (in the prose, not as bullet points)
Where are you from?
Are you from Handelsnabe?
Are you from a different town in the Dukedom?
Are you from somewhere else in Aldan?
Are you a foreigner?
Do you have family in the area?
What event most shaped your personality?
Why do you want to join the Wache?

RP Sample: Write no more than 2 paragraphs showing an interaction between your character and a key character from their past. At least 3/4s of the text must be from your character's point of view and you must include at least one line of dialogue and one thought from your character.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:33 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Alysm
Here's a little work in progress I'll be chipping away at
Application
right-aligned image
Wirry, observed mid 'snack'
Name: Wirry An 'Aldanized' Goblin surname, from the Klauisch Dallidolche, meaning 'they who are quick with their knives.'Briskshivovitz
Race: Goblin
Class:Flavored as a Rat-Catcher in gameMonk
Background:I'll be doing a custom background as described in the phb Handelsnabe Ratter

Traits: I am an incorrigible gourmand by even goblin standards and will often gnaw on whatever is at hand, food or not. / Though my wife and I have surely grown to hate each other we do so dearly love being miserable together.
Bond: Merrymaking. Today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.
Ideal: Family. In spite of all evidence to the contrary I see myself first and foremost as a father. Arguably even a good one. Objectively better than my own.
Flaw: There exists a strange enmity between animals and myself that puts us at each other's throats without fail.

Appearance: If the beautiful are a banquette to behold than Wirry would be the fat you cut from a steak: knob-kneed, crook-nosed, lank-armed little whatsit that he is. Ugly yes, but in a certain light endearingly so. A Three feet flat and fourty pounds. He's a tiny lil' curmudgeonyard of pudge, rash and skittish muscle crumpled up into his ill-fitted town clothes like a pug in costume, toadish grin plastered beneath eyes that could only be described as peepers. Appealing--just as fat from a steak--to a very particular palate, or to a broader one when taken in appropriately small doses. You'd never suspect he could eat you alive.

Personality: Wirry likes to laugh. More so at than with but he likes to laugh all the same. The self-described unhappily wed father of 13 as quick to make a joke out of a tense situation as he is of himself. Leavening the harsh realities of his loveless marriage, violent upbringing and status as a second-class citizen with a ready stream of folksy truisms and crude humor. He works very hard at being lazy and perhaps it is this very affront to Axela that sees his dreams of infidelity and leisure evade his grasp time and time again.

Backstory: Most goblins throw their lives away, that's why its called a litter.
Wirry was born the runt of seven siblings but time and the predations of tenement life whittled that down to a tidier sum of three; the rats of Handelsnabe do grow larger than the ratters after all.

Last edited by Alysm; 10-12-2019 at 01:27 PM.