... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 03:14 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1385
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
I'm glad you're doing a second group since I forgot about this and was never able to finish my sheet.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:42 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5436
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
still waiting to hear what i could do better
Old 10-29-2019, 04:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1272
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togot View Post
still waiting to hear what i could do better
I will get that to you! Sorry, this week has been mad. International music deals, workplace promotions, court cases and a sick child have graced our house this week, so I'm slower than usual on my postings. Only managed an apology post yesterday.
Old 10-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
OK, just making sure you didn't forget about me since I'm hoping to get into group two
Old 10-29-2019, 04:12 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 861
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drager View Post
I will get that to you! Sorry, this week has been mad. International music deals, workplace promotions, court cases and a sick child have graced our house this week, so I'm slower than usual on my postings. Only managed an apology post yesterday.
International music deals and workplace promotions sound GREAT. (Court cases could be too if one of you is the lawyer, otherwise not so much). Hopefully the sickness passes and the greatness remains.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4224
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Would love feedback as well very interested.
Old 11-01-2019, 02:50 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
made changes to my app
Old 11-01-2019, 05:30 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 966
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
There's still mention of Handelsnabe in the ad and in the map. Do we just assume it's replaced by Schutzberg?
Old 11-01-2019, 05:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Yes! Sorry I thought I'd got rid of it. Fixed now.

Last edited by Drager; 11-01-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Would love feedback as well very interested.
Sorry Jared, the feedback was for Round 1 Applicants. I only do assessments at the end. They take forever. It's important to stick to the guidelines in the OP and try to weed out spelling and grammar mistakes. Round 1 folks can tell you I'm a bit of a stickler, as it helps separate out the different applications which are typically all good. I can tell you by glancing at your application that you are down 10 points (so have a max 40/50) for not following all the requirements. Shouldn't be hard to tweak and get those though. Last rounds winners were all scores of 45+ so getting those extra points really matters.

Last edited by Drager; 11-01-2019 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-01-2019, 11:45 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4224
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Added some of the missing information.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 828
Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite Stadiumite
Completed Application
Name: Lumin
Race: Scourge Aasimar
Class: Sorcerer (Wild Magic)
Background: Urchin
Trait:
-Lives with a chip his shoulder
-Eager to punish injustice and evil
Bond:
-I was sent to this world to fulfill a special destiny
Ideal:
-Change: The low shall be lifted up, and the mighty shall fall.
Flaw:
-I can never trust anyone other than myself
Appearance:
Lumin is a very young looking man. His appearance is almost child-like. He is frail and thin. But his features are perfect. He has the face of an angel.

Personality:
Lumin is bright and charismatic. He is eager to befriend those who are open to him. He is well liked in the circles that he frequents. But he is often misunderstood by strangers. He distrusts power and authority. He is resentful of privileged people. And when someone has made him an enemy, he can be ruthless.

Backstory:

Lumin is from Donava. He has come to Schutzberg in search of answers about his mother.

Lumin knows very little about his parents. His whole life he has bounced from orphanages to street people to traveling caravans and back again. Once, there was a seer among the travelers he was with. This old woman claimed to divine a tale about Lumin's mother. She told many people about it, and it was spoken of like some sort of a legend. The seer seemed sort of crazy and often her visions were wrong. He doesn't know if he could believe the story or not. But it is all he has.

According to the legend, Lumin's mother was a peasant girl who stumbled upon a fey princess, chained to a tree in the forest. She freed the princess. Her reward for this feat was to be granted three wishes. She wished to be beautiful. She wished to be as rich as the richest merchant in her town. Then feeling guilty about her vanity and greed, she wished for a child that would bring light into this dark world. In several months, she indeed bore a beautiful child. But the boy possessed powerful and uncontrolled magic. The young woman came to believe that the fey princess had tricked her, and that the child was some sort of curse. So she abandoned the boy to an orphanage, and took her wealth to far away Schutzberg.

Lumin possesses inherent magical abilities, and he has learned to use these abilities to protect his neighbors. He has a deep need to fight injustice and evil.

Roleplay Sample:

Lumin had made up his mind to go to Schutzberg to see if he could prove the seer's tale to be true. He waited in town until a band of travelers came through that were headed in that direction. After some time, he found such a ground, and he asked them if he could join. He promised he could pull his own weight on this journey. The caravan captain reluctantly agreed.

One night he was awakened by a sound. He peered out of his tent to see the night guard slumped over the camp fire outside, with an arrow in his back.

Bandits! he thought. He clenched his fists and Cast Mage Armorsummoned protection for his body against weapons. Then he darted outside and looked for the source of the attack.

He spotted a man hiding behind a tree. These bandits were humans, not goblins or orcs.

He ran toward the tree and shouted. "To arms! To arms! Bandit Raid! Bandits!"
He extended his arms and called forth another spell. His intent was to call forth a Cast Ray of Sicknessgreen streak of magic that might poison the attacker.

Lumin could see in the campfire light that the spell had made some change to his skin. But he had no time to worry about it now. Until the others could get to their weapons, he was the only defense against the bandit attack....

Last edited by Stadiumite; 11-03-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Name: Lyndon Nightwind (child name was Aryn)

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Sorcerer
right-aligned image

Background: Hermit

Traits: Quiet and Thoughtful

Bond: Seeking friendship and fulfillment

Ideal: Fun, Excitement, and Home

Flaw: Without direction, impatient, and lazy

Appearance: Clean-shaven and sun-tinged, Lyndon has the copper eyes and sharp ears of his elven heritage, but his face and body have assumed the broad and rounded shape of his more human nature. Dark hair, regrettably a wreck, is often tied behind him with a leather band--somehow.

Personality: Slow to anger and pegged as a good listener among friends, Lyndon is thoughtful and tight-lipped; one might call him considered in both action and speech. Often, people mistake his reserved nature as some symptom of a haughty elvish upbringing, and the half-elf has little desire to dissuade strangers from this rather false narrative. Instead, Lyndon is direct and assured when necessary, but would much rather keep his judgments to himself. Generally unmotivated but equally aware of passing time, he is both impatient to begin new ventures and completely disinterested in working toward anything significant.

Backstory: Although many the half-elf came of age with have since gone on, there are some who remember that Lyndon was born and raised in Schutzberg. In fact, he still resides in his mother's modest house, though she passed nearly forty years prior, and only takes the occasional trip to visit his father and half-siblings in nearby Terranoir; he is neither prince nor pauper, but he's often bored, and he tries to amuse his rather young human cousins with magical parlor tricks and made-up tales of his father's trading successes. If ever a person was listless, it was Lyndon. Existing and unhappy about it, he tried various careers without any luck, preferring to tend to his herb garden or lend a hand toward a particularly lucrative and short-term offer. Lyndon was a stable community presence and little more, easily forgotten until needed. What personality he had was ever-hidden in the humdrum of daily life.

Recently, Lyndon's interest was piqued by a pair of rogue bandits who thought him and his home an easy target. After convincing them otherwise and delivering them to the Duke's Watch, he found himself wholly fascinated by the bravado and desperation among the ranks. Fascination was a new feeling, and a bit surprising after all these years, so Lyndon signed up for service and hoped a good run as a guard would cure the curdle that had settled so many decades prior. Finally, Lyndon might be able to find some fun--if not himself.

RP Sample:

"Is this really necessary?" said the boy. "Yes, Aryn, it is." The young half-elf frowned at his mother, then eyed the tree that stood between them. The trees of Schutzberg weren't legendary, not like the rumored woods in the stories his grandfather told, but this one was tall and wide with few footholds and only one low-hanging branch. The trunk didn't sway, and the leaves didn't fall, but he knew from the smell that his hands would end up sticky. "It's not for climbing. It's not for anything." Aryn's mother leaned to her left, her eyebrow raised in a way the boy knew would see him without supper. Aryn wasn't one to miss supper. It was the highlight, most days. It's only a tree, he thought. It's not even that high. It's only a stupid tree, and it's only a stupid seed. The sun began setting, and his mother began tapping her toe in the dirt. "Fine," he said. "Fine. Whatever. It's nothing."

A fear of heights had always followed Aryn, and he'd spent a good many years figuring out the very best ways to avoid anything taller than a stepping stool. Now, today, out of nowhere, his mother told him he had to pluck that damn seedling from this stupid tree or be sent to live with his father. It wasn't the worst threat, but it wasn't ideal. Terranoir had more rules than his mother, and it also had siblings, and Aryn wasn't fond of either. With a deep breath and shaky hands, he began the journey upward. Don't look down. Don't look down! Then, just as he managed to reach the errant branch, Aryn's hand slipped and his eyes darted toward the ground; his body, anxious to greet the grass, followed soon after. Light exploded behind his eyes, his limbs began to tingle, and it was many minutes before he realized he'd landed safely in a feather pile, the seedling resting carefully in his palm. Later, when his mother had smoothed his hair and fed him his favorites, she asked him what he'd like to be called. "You're grown, now," she said. "You've come into your own." It took only a moment: "Lyndon," said the half-elf, the newly-minted man. "Call me Lyndon."

Last edited by BinnFord; 11-11-2019 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:58 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10962
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
I am new to 5e, and will wait for Iron DM(or my participation therein) to end before starting on anything but feel the need to check, are variant humans allowed?
Old 11-15-2019, 07:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
They certainly are!