Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46
RetiredTownGuard
Name: Tim
Class: Warlock
Species: Human
Background: Sage
Personality trait: Seeks the hidden knowledge behind everything.
Ideal: No Limits (Nothing Should Fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all
existence)
Bond: I sold my soul for knowledge. I want to find out where it went
Flaw: The voices hold great knowledge. And great trouble.
Appearance: 5'10", tanned skin from too much time outside. Torn robes that look like they used to be those of a scholar. Brown scraggly hair starting to form dreadlocks. Piercing green eyes.
Personality: A kinder person you have not met. Willing to help anyone in need. Definition of help may vary. A keen eye for the esoteric.
Backstory: Once a student of the arcane in the small ocean side town of B͘҉̨o̷̡̕͟͢s͡t̛̕͜... Tim dug into the references of the library. Perhaps too far. He found a book, a book he had never seen before it was written on scraps of paper of all different colors and shades. As he read it a p̙̜͉̖̮͑ò̟̬͍̱͊̅̏̉̇͋ͨ̃r͕̪̳̲̊̽ͯ͊̿ͅt̼̜̺͑ͯ͆ͩa̯͍͔̠̪̬̦͌ͫ̓ ̍ͧͦl͔̖ͮ̔̏ opened to something stranger than a reality. Howard left that room a changed man. Able to cast some spells and speak with any person or animal he met.
Assumptions: A crazed man left on the side of the road. Mumbles and sometimes shouts to voices only he can see.

Last edited by RetiredTownGuard; 10-16-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:03 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Zangul

Name: Mongrel the mighty
Race: Goliath
Class: Wrestler
Background: Gladiator
Personality trait: I dont back down from a fight, no matter how much the odds are against me.
Ideal: I will liberate all the slaves that I can.
Bond: I help the weak and is loyal to my companions.
Flaw: I don't believe in the use of weapons and armour. But will use my whip and dagger, if needs be.
Appearance: I am 8ft tall, weigh 340 lbs, red eyes, bald with a grizzled brown beard, my skin is tanned golden light brown, chest has scars from what looks like daggers and swords, back has scars from whippings and lashings. Forearms has scars from blocking strikes with whips and bladed weapons. My clothing is tethered. Pants now look like shorts and the shirt is ripped and without sleeves. I wear a large hooded robe tied around me at the waist by hemp rope.
Personality: I will defend the weak from the tyranny of the strong. I will gladly show off my strength to scare those who think the are tougher than I. I don't fear death, and I fear no man or beast.
Backstory Taken from my tribe at 5 years old, by a slave dealer named Cannibal Kane, sold to Augustus Benevolant owner of the finest Gladiators. Because of my heritage of being a Goliath, was fashioned and forced into intense battles. Luckily for me I caught on quick. I specialized myself in wrestling, but trained in the whip and dagger style of gladiator fighting.
Roleplay: Rain and lighting thurndering through the night I move my way from the slave quarters to the main house, grab one guard from behind and snapped his neck body slamming him onto the next guard, I choke him out. Drag both guards into the bushes. I move into the front door, and enter the foray. in the room north of the foray four guards are sitting and eating at the table, to the east a shadow of a guard patrolling. I move east to take out the one guard, but, he is ready and slashes with his sword, I spin around the sword and grab him by the forearm twisting his arm and adding pressure to the wrist he drops the sword. I bring in for a bear he contests but is futile for I over powered him I bring him above my head and I slam him back first across my knee. sounds of bone cracking and screams of pain extinguishes out of his mouth. I toss him a side a waiting for the other four to rush in. Thunder sounds the halls lucky for me. thunder muted this fools cries. I rush in to the room with the four guards, grab the table and flip it over, the guards stunned fall back on the floor in their chairs. I curb stomp the first one on my left, football punt the one next to him, the other two make it to their feet, I turn to face one who is on the left is lunging at me, he is trying to tackle me, but I wrap my left arm around his neck and right hand grabs his pants I hoist him in the air and toss him on the guard on the right side. Both are down again, as they get up I grab both by the neck and jolt the body's up and down fast. bones breaking the two guards fall limp. I grab a sack with 2 loaves of bread 2 cheese wheels and 2 pounds of jerky. Make my way through the house and out the door. freedom at last. I need to get as far away as possible. I'll be a wanted man here. I shall seek passage to waterdeep.

Last edited by Zangul; 11-04-2019 at 11:19 PM.
Old 10-21-2019, 09:44 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 122
AidynMcKinney AidynMcKinney
bump
Old 10-22-2019, 03:22 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 124
Lord Lord

Name: Bran Anderfrith
Race: Human
Class: Twilight Cleric - Helm
Alignment: Choatic Good

Background:

Personality Trait:

I face problems head-on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.

Ideal:

Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.

Bond:

Someone saved my life on the battlefield. To this day, I will never leave a friend behind.

Flaw:

My hatred of my enemies is blind and unreasoning

Physical Description: Average height, olive skin, muscular build, and short lightly salted black hair. His face is accompanied with a well-trimmed beard and diagonal scar starting from the bridge of his nose and ending just underneath his right lower jaw. He adorns chainmail, a charcoal tunic with Helm’s Symbol, and a black hooded cape. His upper extremities are covered by thick leather gloves while his feat are armored by boots plated with iron. trinkets, pouches, vials, his holy symbol, and a sizeable text all rest on his belts and straps as well.

Personality: Bran may not be outwardly teeming with joy, but he is far more content and friendly than he used to be. He remembers the wretch, crooked and corrupted that he was, and doesn’t want to return to that. Having said that, old habits die hard and at times he can come across as overly stern and impatient.

Character Bio: Bran Anderfrith is a former Infantry Swordcaptain of the Purple Dragons who fell deep into disillusionment after an abrupt death of his lifelong friend, shield mate, and secret lover. After his service to the Cormyrian crown was over he ventured aimlessly along the dragonmere, as a cutthroat, bounty hunter, and anything for anyone that would use his mace & Shield. A year or so into this bleak period he got wind from former imperial shipmates that his thought dead shield mate was still alive and enslaved by Zhentarimian fiends. In response, he used what resources he had to gather a small party and rescue his former lover. This ended in abysmal failure, unfortunately. His party was apprehended and consequently slaughtered, tortured, or worse. The love he tried to rescue was in turn killed in front of him as a double consequence. Then, in their practical cruelty, the Zhentarimian camp had Bran tortured and left for dead.

He would have died... he would have died if not for a venturing party that rescued him from certain death. He was nursed back to health by the traveling party and vowed to help them in their journey for a time. Along their journey, he found a deep kinship with a cleric who Anders credits for restoring a spiritually and emotionally broken man. After the party disbanded, Anders heeded the cleric's advice to accompany him on his voyage back to his temple. There he found a group of clerics, paladins, and warriors that called themselves the Order of Twilight. They claimed to worship an array of gods who ordained them to help the living any way they can. They must travel both in the light and dark to seek true and meaningful justice, light, and protection. They serve as slayers of monstrosities, abominations, evil spellcasters, healers for hire, priestly officials, reformers for the poor and suffering et cetera.

Enthralled with this order Bran used his martial skill under his clerical friend becoming something of an apprentice. Along their journey, he felt his heart and mind touched by the god Helm and gave his life and his service to become something greater than he had been. He had seen and inflicted enough pain in the world and wanted to heal and protect those around him. Thus, he trained and was eventually accepted in the Order and his now an adept Cleric of Twilight. With his new purpose, he left his old life behind and tries to bury it. It was thought that Bran Anderfrith had died along with the others and he tries to keep it that way.

Roleplay Sample:

I tried to blend two of the options, hopefully I did it well!
  • Describe a romantic encounter your character has had, that they will never forget.
  • Where you grew up, there was an annual event that was always special to you. Let us see why it was special.

The night air was alight with bangs and crackles as fireworks soared and kaboomed in the sky. The smell of smoke powder lightly coated the chilly breeze. The streets were especially filled with the aroma of foreign and delicious food and spices sizzling on skillets. The merchants cranked out the most alluring of food, weapons, attire, and everything in between in the hopes of capturing the drunk and merrily stupored. Every building and person had elaborate design or decoration adorned. Sailors poured out as trade and imperial ships alike docked into port. Lathanderian priests paraded among denizens of Teziir on their annual Rebirth Festival.

Bran and his three friends are running through the streets attempting to escape the clutches of Teziir guards.
“Was that damned coat worth it?” Bran yelled as he led in front trying - though mostly failing - to not bump into everybody along the way. “I hope so because we could’ve actually been able to enjoy some of that fine smelling food this year!”

“Why waste some of that hard-earned money?” A spry and golden hair lad wearing the expropriated coat asked as he snatched a kabob of a stand. The merchant yelled a string of curses and pointed as the guards struggled to keep pace.

“Gods dammit, Dorn, if you snatch another thing I will cut your hand off myself!” yelled a stout redheaded young woman running from the rear.

Dorn glanced back with a smile and tossed the half-eaten kabob back. “Here, Karra, I know you’re only saying something because your clumsy hands couldn’t snatch one without knocking the whole stand over!”

Karra clenched her jaw and fist as Ceph used his long arms and slender fingers to catch the kabob just before it plunged on the cobblestone road. Karra scowled at him in disapproval, but he shrugged and then finished off the kabob. An encroaching guard caught the thin stick in his eye after Ceph threw it over his shoulder.

The Guard cried in pain and then tripped over his feet and caused a small pile-up - further distancing the small group of scallywags.

Bran turned his head to look at the commotion then slammed into a gargantuan drunken sailor. He let out a loud oof as he smacked into his back. The Sailor turned around slowly in disbelief with ale soaking his unkempt beard and rather smelly clothes. His look was menacing as he looked at himself and Bran with his hands open.

“Heh heh, Sorry friend,” Bran said nervously as he raised a half-drunk mug of ale. “Here’s to the festival?”

“I’ll wring your neck, you little ****!” The sailor declared.

In response, Bran quickly wound his right arm back and landed a strong right cross with the mug across the large man’s face shattering on impact. He stumbled back in a daze then shook his head violently to regain focus. As he stomped forward Bran heard Karra yell, “Get down!”

Bran obliged and then ducked. As he lowered he could feel the wind from Karra and Ceph bull-rushing the angry brute and sending him straight into a crowd of sailors and tables. Unobservant, drunk, and immediately defensive the Imperial Sailors began to brawl.

“Let’s go!” ordered Karra.

Yes ma’am Bran thought to himself as he stood back up and began to navigate through the crowd.

The task proved more arduous than running from the guards and found himself almost entangled as he caught a few lucky punches. As he was almost out he caught Doran cornered by three angry sailors. Bran sighed and then charged at one of the men from behind with a leg from a broken wooden chair. A loud crunch came from the leg as it smashed and split against the mans back. He fell to the ground as he winced in pain.

Bran stepped in front of Doran with a splintered hunk of wood.

“You’ve missed all the fun, Bran,” Doran said with a faint smirk as he pulled out his dirk. “I thought I was gonna earn a few battle scars.”

“When we get out of this, I’ll give you some, you damned idiot,” Bran Growled.

The two men picked up their third companion and began to approach Doran and Bran with grins. Just as they could lay their hands on the two a number of Teziirian guards rushed into the brawling crowd to rest control.. Luckily, these guards were not savvy to the coat theft and most ignored the two young men entirely. The few who glanced at them probably assumed they were defending themselves from the harbor havoc.

Using the moment of opportunity Bran grabbed Doran by the collar the led him away from the chaos. They met Karra and Ceph who waited impatiently at the wooded bluffs just outside Teziir.

“What is wrong with you, Doran?!” Karra asked arms crossed.

“C’mon, we’ve done this every year since we’re kids. This time i wanted something more than an apple or scraps. Live boldly! Right, Bran?” Doran proclaimed defensively as he thumped his friend on the shoulder in hopes he would back him.

“That’s just it, Doran. We’re not kids anymore. We love you but sometimes you’re a real jackass,” Bran said frustrated.

“C-c’mon, guys. Really?”

Karra simply shook her head and Ceph walked with her.

“Ceph? I know you agree, buddy,” Doran said with a desperate laugh.

Ceph shrugged his shoulder and simply continued to walk with Karra.

“How can y’all be such stiffs on the Rebirth festival?”

Bran simply sighed and walked toward the bluffs gazing at Teziir. “We’re not kids, anymore. Running from guards, stupid pranks, and petty theft are above us, now. We can’t steal anymore simply because we feel like it. We’d be no better than pirates.”

“Where is this coming from?” Doran inquired.

“I’m going to join the Purple Dragons, I leave at the end of summer.”

“What!? Y-you can’t leave! What about your folks, Karra and Ceph, what about me… what about us…”

Bran turned to look into Doran’s eyes. He stared for a moment and then chuckled. “At this rate, you’d be no better than a pirate.”

Doran looked down and then chuckled as well. He took his newly acquired coat off and then stepped up to Bran.

“I got this for you, y’know,” He said as he placed it around Bran’s shoulders. “I’ve seen you glance at it for a while now and know you hate the cold wind.”

Bran smiled then put the coat on properly. It was comfortable and warm. He really did hate it when the water wind would nip. This was nice and thoughtful. Whether or not Doran actually did the steal the coat for him or he just said that to save his ass didn’t matter. Bran loved it and considering tonight's events he loved it even more, but he’d never admit to it.

“Well… I guess ill have to join as your shield mate.”

Bran broke his contemplative stare. He was slightly taken back by the conviction in Doran’s voice.

“I’m not gonna let you risk your life by yourself, and you’re not leaving me here in Teziir. Plus, you’re right, If I did stay then id probably end up a bloody pirate.”

Bran grinned as he looked attentively into Doran’s eyes as blue as the Dragonmere.

“I love you,” he said as he leaned in and kissed his lover softly and passionately.
Old 10-25-2019, 12:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4224
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
right-aligned image

Name: Corrin Leagallow

Race: Lightfoot Halfing

Class: UA Revised Ranger (Beastmaster)

Background: Folk Hero

Alignment: Chaotic neutral

Traits: I judge people by their actions, not their words.

Ideal: Sincerity. There’s no good in pretending to be something I’m not. (Neutral)

Bond: I have a family, but I have no idea where they are. One day, I hope to see them again.

Flaws: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Appearance: Corrin is tall for his people standing a whopping 3'3" in height and weighing 40 pounds. He has Wavy sand brown colored hair a large sideburns typical of his people. His eyes are hazel in color and and almost seem to sparkle in the light.

Personality: Corrin is a jovial fellow especially in the city where he can often be found enjoying drinks at a tavern here or there. He is quick to make friends, but once wronged equally as quick to dismiss someone, and does not easily forgive those. As most halflings he is also quite curious about the world as a whole and loves traveling and experiencing new things.

Backstory:

Sample:

Last edited by JaredSyn; 10-25-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-26-2019, 11:31 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul
Is this going to start soon?
Old 10-27-2019, 02:57 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'll officially let everyone know by Thursday because I need to go through and decide who works best with my story and together and we'll start soon after thank you everyone for your patience anyone with question pm me.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:11 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
Robbie Exley Robbie Exley Robbie Exley
Definitely interested. I have a Half Orc Blood Hunter all planned out if Blood Hunters are allowed of course. Also if I can flavor my weapon to be a Warscythe but using the same rules as a Greataxe. If not its cool but to me the idea of a furious Half Orc Werejaguar waving a giant scythe that has been set on fire is absolutely, hilariously amazing.

I will roll for stats here but if I am not satisfied with the results I will use Point Buy.

As for the character himself his full name is Raphael El Johnson.

Adapted by the famous El Johnson family of monster hunters at a young age, Raphael was the younger brother scion of the family tradition and worked dutifully to fulfill his role in the world. This drive contrasted sharply with his adapted brother Talion who wished to live his life as he wanted while still protecting the innocent. While Talion became a member of the town guard Raphael traveled to Neverwinter from his home in the town of Embers Folly and joined the army, serving with distinction for many years as an officer but all of which was supposed to be a preparation stage. The way his fate went was radically different.

He received word from Talion that Embers Folly was going to attacked by a horde of savage Gnolls and he desperately requested to his superiors that a contingent of troops be sent immediately, to his relief the response was quick and they managed to reach the town in time. He fought with furious skill, his parents and younger sister were alive but when he came to the city center he was met with a horrific sight. His brother was kneeling dead, with several spears through him and a dozen Gnoll corpses arrayed around him. Despite all that he had done to prepare himself he was still too late.

In the months that followed Raphael lost himself in his grief and through his family connections found a secretive order of Blood Hunters known as the Order of the Jaguar and they initiated him gladly. But there was business he wished to attend to in the city of Waterdeep before he underwent the final test, The Taming.

Example of Roleplay;

Last edited by Robbie Exley; 10-31-2019 at 11:43 PM.
Old 10-31-2019, 06:24 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 240
Joria Joria Joria
I wanna ask first, do you accept this homebrew: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Way_of...t_(5e_Subclass) ? It's basically an airbender

edit: actually, I changed my mind. I'll play a kensei monk. Will edit this post with my app later.

Last edited by Joria; 11-01-2019 at 03:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:18 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul
Hope everything is good with you. Haven't heard if I made it or not just checking in.
Old 11-08-2019, 12:29 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry, there's been a couple of delays Wednesday everyone will be notified sorry I've been kind of busy lately but by Wednesday I promise.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:03 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul
No worries bro, just glad to know your ok
Old 11-08-2019, 01:07 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
yah thanks man
Old 11-08-2019, 02:24 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul
No problem.
Old 11-08-2019, 03:19 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Zangul
This will be an epic adventure.

Last edited by Zangul; 11-08-2019 at 03:28 AM.