: +

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 05:25 PM
Very Young Gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
GNOME GNOME
I dunno if we should make character sheets already or not?
Old 11-18-2019, 09:19 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3971
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Nah, you don't need a character sheet to apply.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:30 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
Raada Raada
I have a bit of an odd question, I don't know too much about the Saltmarsh Campaigns, so forgive me if this is obvious. What kind of campaign were you looking to run, I mean along the spectrum of spontaneous and meandering to focused on completion? Just out of curiosity.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:30 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy
half pint hairdresser
right-aligned image

Ambrose Thripp

Race: Ghostwise Halfing
Class: Cleric, Grave Domain
Background: Guild Artisan/ Haunted One

At the bustling center of every town of a certain size you’ll find a barber’s shop, a place for beards to be freshly shaved and fresh gossip to be freely traded. In the town of Saltmarsh that shop is called Thripp’s Snips, and the barber at the center of the activity is Ambrose Thripp. Fresh faced and sharp tongued, Ambrose is the cheerful ringleader of his shop’s ever shifting circus of townsfolk.

Short in stature but big in personality Ambrose is more than just a tender of hair. The halfling also provides services that range from blood letting to teeth extraction to minor amputations. He prides himself on being a jack of all trades when it comes to serving the wide range of needs in the town of Saltmarsh, and whether it’s trimming the moustache of the town mayor or applying leeches to expectant mothers, he always provides customer service with a smile and a quick joke.

On any given day you can find Ambrose standing behind the counter of his shop, jars of mirror finish razors gleaming brightly in the lamp light. His soft brown hair frames a face which always seems to have a perpetually crooked smile, and his crisp white shirt is rolled up to his elbows where a soft leather apron, lightly bloodstained, hangs down to his boot tops.

Though most townsfolk would have difficulty remembering a time before Ambrose’s shop, in truth its only been a few years since he arrived in town. You’d be hard pressed to get a straight answer from him about where he’d come from, or what exactly his whereabouts were before arriving in Saltmarsh.

Truthfully Ambrose can never stay in one place for long and, as much as he enjoys the bright commotion of daily life in his shop, he's never happier than when on the open road, destination unknown. If you look closely at the corner of his shop you’d see a black leather satchel, worn soft with age and use. Occasionally Ambrose will glance at the bag, knowing that when the time comes, he can pick up his bag, walk out the door of his shop, and not look back.

RP

Last edited by RJonesy; 11-22-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:19 AM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raada View Post
I have a bit of an odd question, I don't know too much about the Saltmarsh Campaigns, so forgive me if this is obvious. What kind of campaign were you looking to run, I mean along the spectrum of spontaneous and meandering to focused on completion? Just out of curiosity.
I think it's a good question.

I'm not sure if I said it previously, but the campaign is a list of best-of D&D adventures, refurbished to fit the Saltmarsh setting and 5th edition. Around the town, there's a lot of little plot hooks and opportunities for side-quest adventures, exploration of the town, and intrigue.

I don't want to say I'm aiming for completion of the entire campaign- as that's probably a multi-year goal at the rate of weekly/biweekly PbP even without meandering; and, realistically, really anything can happen in that stretch of time in terms of myself or the group.

Instead, my goal is to complete the first adventure at least, and if we keep going beyond that- awesome!

As stated in the opening post, I do want to encourage and take part in more casual, less-focused roleplaying and creative writing on the side - just for the sake of fun and such.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:16 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
Raada Raada
That sounds perfect, if you don't mind my saying so. Thank you!
Old 11-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22771
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Good call Inu, let's see where this story takes those who get accepted, completion is a long shot.
I'm in Carrion Crown AP with Sass, we started in 2013 and we still have to finish book 2 of 6, so... yeah these things tend to take time if they manage to survive the first 3 months.

On a side note, I think my character is ready, might put some tweaking to it if I find the time, if you're doing feedbacks I'd love one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuvash255 View Post
I think it's a good question.

I'm not sure if I said it previously, but the campaign is a list of best-of D&D adventures, refurbished to fit the Saltmarsh setting and 5th edition. Around the town, there's a lot of little plot hooks and opportunities for side-quest adventures, exploration of the town, and intrigue.

I don't want to say I'm aiming for completion of the entire campaign- as that's probably a multi-year goal at the rate of weekly/biweekly PbP even without meandering; and, realistically, really anything can happen in that stretch of time in terms of myself or the group.

Instead, my goal is to complete the first adventure at least, and if we keep going beyond that- awesome!

As stated in the opening post, I do want to encourage and take part in more casual, less-focused roleplaying and creative writing on the side - just for the sake of fun and such.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3972
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
left-aligned image
Character name: Vix Lockhardt

Character Concept: WildhuntShifter druid urban bounty hunter. Was head over heals for her bounty hunting partner, but to her dismay he's fallen for a prostitute. They're getting married presently, and Vix is looking for any excuse to get out of town for a while.

Appearance:
One look at Vix and you realize that everyone you ever thought was a redhead was actually an orangehead. Without any evidence of dye, her head sports an impossibly vibrant red mane, cascading down off her shoulders and back. Peeking out from beneath her bangs, those large orange pupils are reflective, tiny mirrors, especially at night. Her face is young, no freckles, with a small nose. She smells faintly like laundry that got left out in a rainstorm.

Around town she typically wears a hat or beanie and a dress. But you know a guardsman that saw her in her armor when she delivered a bounty. He described her as having fluffy animal ears positioned too high on her head, and long bushy tail.

RP Samples:

Last edited by anamiac; 11-20-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:15 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 957
RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy RJonesy
Application complete
Old 11-25-2019, 08:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3535
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Unfortunately I'm going to withdraw, having a tremendous amount of writer's block for this particular PC. Just not feeling it. Best of luck Inuvash!
Old 11-25-2019, 08:06 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry to hear that Grouchy, but good luck in your other games! ^^

@Everyone else: Reminder that the cutoff is the end of the day this Wednesday! After that, I'll be looking over applications over the weekend.
Old 11-26-2019, 03:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10977
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
-
right-aligned image
Character name: Ilari Daylander

Character Concept: Fighter, folk hero, who was something of an outlander years ago, but doing hard work and stepping in a dangerous situation made her a local hero.

Appearance: Ilari stands just shy of 8' tall with a muscular physique. Her skin tone is that of her racial heritage, and she also has tribal tattoos from her clan. She strikes an opposing figure until she smiles. Her whole face lights up and her friendly, infectious smile, laugh and attitude makes everyone feel safer.

Bio/Background: Ilari is from a Goliath clan far away in the high mountains. When she was a young teenager, she was put on a ship by her clan leaders that was headed anywhere. She was to work for her keep until they dropped her wherever they wished.
The "why" wasn't discussed, but the truth is, she fell in love with a young male who was spoken for when she was just 13, and soon found she was with child. As the young male was set for an arranged marriage, she was 'kept up' until the child was born, a daughter, and then she was banished from the tribe without her daughter.
She was a emotional wreck for half a year, first scrubbing decks and lifting anything heavy, and then on the docks in Saltmarsh.
A local smith saw her size and stature, and having heard how large her race can get, he gave her room and board along with a bit of coin in exchange for her manual labor. It worked out for them both, as she grew a foot taller and more lean and muscular, while she fell in love with this community that at least tolerated her.
She took to grave digging, and even working or the local dwarven smithy, The Dwarven Anvil, even picking up a bit of the trade.

There was a short time in which she hadn't learned from her past really, and she took up with a large half-orc adventurer who was something of a Rogue as well. He was harsh, hardcore, and a skilled fighter, working out of Saltmarsh. They became a couple and given their races, it wasn't frowned upon by the locals. She was again smitten, and crushed when he was killed on an adventure a few months back. Despite his outward persona, he hadn't pushed her into becoming physical in their relationship. Instead, he listened to her story and said he understood from his own past. Upon finding out, she was working almost night and day to try and quell her despair.
One night, while digging yet another grave - which didn't help her mental state - she caught some grave robbers. She bested three of them with a shovel and after it was found out that they were part of a small cult that dug up bodies and defiled them for some dark God and his purposes.
She was hailed a hero.

Now, she's arming herself to set out on adventures for the greater good, herself, and in honor of her fallen love.

What she brings to the RP table: She's a large presence who goes beyond just being a hulky protective fighter in that she's as caring and loving as they come. Befriend her, and she'll go above and beyond trying to keep you cheerful and more importantly, from harm.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 11-26-2019 at 04:47 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10977
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Don't know if I'll make it, but I'm throwing in my friendly Goliath Fighter for consideration.

And, there's a lot of competition.
I don't know if everyone has a completed app up, but those that look like they do have some good submissions out there.
For my own mental clarity, I made a list.
If I misread anyone's 'Class', or type, I apologize, but this is only a list.
  1. Halfling Ranger type
  2. Fire Genasi Bard
  3. Half-elf Sorcerer
  4. Halfling Rogue Smuggler
  5. Human Fighter Smuggler
  6. Lizardfolk Druid
  7. Halfling Rogue
  8. Aquatic Half-elf Bard
  9. Half-elf Sorcerer
  10. Goliath Barbarian
  11. Tabaxi Rogue
  12. Triton FIghter
  13. Lizardfolk Ranger
  14. Ghostwise Halfline Cleric
  15. Shifter Druid
  16. , and unless someone else throws their hat in the ring as well before time's uplastly, my Goliath Fighter type

If no one else submits, and there's a standard 5 player/characters selected, that's a bit over a 30% chance.
Good luck everyone!

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 11-26-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3972
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
I think you missed Shaede's application. Half elf bard, looks complete to me.

My shifter bounty hunter is the only one without a class. She is a druid. Bounty hunter is her background.
Old 11-26-2019, 05:23 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6815
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
1 in 3 that’s not the worst odds ever