Old 11-17-2019, 01:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 798
Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
Yesterday I came down with a sudden cold and didn't get to do much on the site, so I'll be catching up this morning. Everyone's apps are looking super exciting and if anyone is looking for feedback, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide it!

A couple things that I wanted to make sure you all had was the additional Elturel information as well as the new backgrounds and features. The game forum hasn't been made yet, most likely because it's a weekend and the site admin are busy. So, for now I've included them in the Q&A section.
I hope you are feeling better!
Old 11-17-2019, 01:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5379
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Feel better soon Days! It's going around everywhere.
Old 11-17-2019, 03:04 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46
RetiredTownGuard
**Place Holder**

Basic Character Details:

Name:Sorrow vor'Kephri

Race:Tiefling

Class: Barbarian Berserker

Alignment: True Neutral

Background: Noble

Character Appearance:

Sorrow stands almost 6ft tall from her worn leather boots to the tips of her horns. Short black hair tops a face scared as to be almost unrecognizable. She proudly wears the red hand on her chest. A memento from her time in the fighting pits. Her armor is white trimmed in sky blue.

Character Personality:

Two Personality Traits:

Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood

If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.

One Background Ideal:

Blood runs thicker than water.

One Background Bond:

Nothing is more important than the other members of my family.

Two Character Flaws:

I too often hear veiled insults and threats in every word addressed to me, and I'm quick to anger.

I hide a truly scandalous secret that could ruin my family forever.

Summary:

Backstory:

RP Sample

TENETS OF VENGEANCE
Fight the Greater Evil.
No Merey for the Wicked.
By Any Means Necessary.
Restitution.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8310
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Knightfall, great start. Don't worry, there's still plenty of time.

In the Mix, long time no see! Can't wait to see your character.

Aurius and Binnford, I marked you as complete! Feel free to tweak up until apps close (and, as always, message me with questions or ideas.)

tomplum, hi! I don't think I've ever seen anyone play a bugbear character before. Excited to see how you develop him

RetiredTownGuard, Welcome to the site! Let me know if you have any questions!

Everyone: I updated the applicant table. If I missed anything please let me know! If anyone needs anything let me know here or in PMs. I will have plenty of time tomorrow to read through everything.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2802
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
@DaysUntold, will the classic Forgotten Realms factions come into play much in this game? As in the Harpers, Zenths etc.?

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
krymel, not much. By level 5 you're in Avernus. Everyone's backstories will be woven into the story, including into the hell portion, but many of the background features will be less-than-useful at that point. So if you're looking for contacts, etc, probably not. That's not to say that devil's wont have their own agendas either supporting or hindering people of those groups if it suits their needs, though.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:07 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2962
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
left-aligned image

Name: Bethani Johansdottir
Race: Half-Wood Elf (Momma's Side)
Class: Ranger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Outlander (Origin: Hunter)

Character Appearance: Bethani is of average height, for a Half-Elf, with long unkempt hair. Half is pulled back in an extreme pony tail, and the other half lays over the right side of her face, to hide a mark she earned long ago. She has sad, dull-brown eyes that show no emotion while meeting prospective clients. She typically wears a scale mail that was passed down to her from her mother. Under the armor is hidden a lean, but strong body, with more than her fair share of scars, each with their own story likely to never be told, but always to be remembered by her.

Character Personality: Bethani is friendly... enough. Actually, most would not consider her to be friendly at all. But most of them are men who want to share a drink with her, rather than leave her to drink in peace. No one has, or ever will, consider her to be a great conversationalist. But the women and men who serve her drinks, and show her respect, find that she can be very generous with her tips. And those who hire or work with her often tell others of her professionalism and impressive skills.

Personality Traits
  • I have no patience to be gentle or unnecessarily kind. Nor do I care to gather gold simply for the sake of being wealthy.
  • I like to remain calm, no matter the situation. Acting on emotion is what gets fools killed.
Ideal
  • Vampires and other creatures of the of the grim magics of the world are abhorrent to nature, and need to be destroyed.
Bond
  • My mother trained me to follow in her path. Her armor shall always remind me to remain on course.
Flaws
  • Even though I know I am a "lightweight", when it comes to drinking, I can't seem to keep away from the wrong side of taverns.
  • I secretly love letting go and losing myself in my emotions.

Summary: I was raised by my mother, a full-blooded Wood Elf, to be a Monster Hunter just like her. Specifically hunting vampires, but others have fallen to my bow as well. She gifted me with an old set of her armor, before setting me on my final test. Having been taught that emotions are an unnecessary luxury has had its own toll on me, and I found myself looking for a way to bury my feelings. I found the opposite.

What began as an occasional respite, has become a nightly need. A need that landed me in prison for three years, derailing my quest and leaving me knowing that Mother would be ashamed of me.

Backstory: Bethani was born to an Elven woman in need of an apprentice to follow in her footsteps. She has no idea who her father is, only that he was a human adventurer that Mother once shared a passion with. Whether that passion was just the passing in the night that conceived Bethani, or an adventure the two shared beforehand, Mother has never told. From the time that Bethani could pull a bowstring back, and let it loose with control, she has known nothing but her training. Everything she did, was in the service of being the perfect Monster Hunter. She learned not to show any emotion, good or bad, during her training years. Only later does she realize what it was costing her, and yet she still needs her Mother's love and adoration.

Five years before, Bethani was sent out into the world on the quest to bring home the lower jaws of twenty vampires. This, her mother told her, was how she would prove that she was a true Monster Hunter, and not to come home until she had such proof. At first, Bethani was steadfast and true to her goals. But after the first month, she realized that in order to continue her pursuit, she needed a more steady income. She began hiring herself out as a tracker, a hunter, or any other odd job that could pay for her room and board. And that was when she first found ale. And of course, ale lead her to prison, which eventually lead to her learning of the vampires that inhabited the city of Elturel, or at least had at one time.

Excited by the idea of having such a rich hunting ground, Bethani traveled North to Baldur's Gate. From there she began her journey to Elturel, only to find herself in the path of a tidal wave of refugees that quickly engulfed her and pulled her along with it, heading back where she'd just come from, Baldur's Gate. Keeping her wits about her, Bethani stayed near the middle of the flood. When it finally crashed upon the gates, she dove low and slipped through the throng, pushing those in her way aside, down, and on one occasion, into the arms of a mercenary reaching for her. Once safely inside, Bethani made her way back to the tavern she'd only a few hours before called home. She wasn't sure what her next move would be. But she had a feeling that her skills might come in handy, for a price.

RP Sample: Bethani woke with a start! Her heart beat quickly in her chest as she took in the unfamiliar surroundings. Something sticky coated her chest and her arms. Slowly, she started to look down, but a sudden spike of pain seized her, and her hands went to her temples instead. After what felt like forever, she released herself, and took another look. The sticky substance was blood, and she was covered up to her neck in it. Confused, she checked herself for wounds, but there wasn't any. Deciding she needed to leave, now!, Bethani slid her legs out of bed, reaching out for the ground. Instead, she found the leg of someone else laying on the floor.

Bethani's feet immediately retracted back to the bed, before she looked down upon a man she vaguely remembered. Another stab of pain inserts itself into her brain. Fighting through it, she finally gets off the bed and turns the man over. Just as she had feared, he was the source of blood that covered her. Worse still, she found one of her stakes under him, clearly the weapon used to kill him. Bethani felt sick. She turned away and tossed her insides near the foot of the bed.

After a few breaths and more heaves, she was beginning to feel a shy bit better. The pain lanced her skull once again, but she grit her teeth, trying to think on what to do next. She could use the wash basin, clean herself up, and make a run for it. And part of her wanted to do it. It was a nice city, but she had no real connection to it. It wasn't her room. Was it? She stood up and made for the basin, then stopped when she saw herself in the mirror. Before her she saw a monster, no better than those she hunted. No, she couldn't bring herself to run. She had to face up to what she might have done. Pulling her tunic on for decency, Bethani padded down the stairs to retrieve the tavern owner, or one of her assistants.

The owner, a Halfling woman who always had a warm smile for her patrons, heard Bethani's approach and began greeting her without looking up. "What'll ye be having m'd..." Her smile falls as she sees the girl covered in blood, her arms covered protectively over her stomach. "Come here, come here, come here." she took Bethani by the arm and pulled her to the back. Bethani, not entirely in her wits, was not a little surprised by the strength of the Halfling, and so was easily pulled along. "Tell me what happened?"

"I... I don't know." Bethani answered honestly. "There's a dead man laying in my... I don't even know if it's my room, or not." The fear overwhelmed Bethani, a sudden onslaught of emotions she wasn't used to having, and she burst into tears. Her arms began to open, but closed over her belly again. "He's dead." she says quietly.

The Halfling pulled herself to Bethani, holding the young woman in a hug. "It's alright dear. Everything will be alright, you'll see." It was a lie, of course. But she needed the girl to remain calm. And a hug was what she needed, not harsh words. Those, unfortunately, would come later. "Let's get you clean up, and I'll send somebody to fetch the authorities." she turned her head to one of her boys just starting to take out the morning trash. "Willem, go get the magistrate." she ordered, before leading Bethani to an unoccupied room to get washed up.

Last edited by In the Mix; 11-23-2019 at 12:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2802
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
I figured as much. Just trying to narrow down my options. There are just so many character concepts I'd like to play!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:14 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Riley Shade's Application
Name: Riley Shade
Race: Human Variant
Class: Fighter
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Urchin

Appearance:
right-aligned image

Riley has a blueish hair color and purple irises. Usually wears a handcrafted leather dress, used as armor and to look inconspicuous. She has a tendency to act as someone else to strangers, she only shows her true self to those she trusts.

Personality:
Traits
I sleep with my back to a wall or tree, with everything I own wrapped in a bundle in my arms.
I eat like a pig and have bad manners.
Ideal
Change. The low are lifted up, and the high and mighty are brought down. Change is the nature of things. (Chaotic)
Bond
I owe my survival to another urchin who taught me to live on the streets.
Flaws
Gold seems like a lot of money to me, and I'll do just about anything for more of it.
I will never fully trust anyone other than myself.
Summary: Riley has always been the trustworthy type but after her so-called "friends" changed and abandoned her, she started to mistrust people around her. That's when she met her lover, that was the breaking point for her after he stole everything she had. She decided that day on a goal, to put the rich in her status and rise up to become better so she can forgot her life in the slums.
Backstory
Once, in the city of Baldur's Gate, their was Riley Shade, a common street urchin. Like all urchins, she live a life alone, with no food, water, or even shelter. But she wasn't completely alone, their were other children fighting for scraps and stealing each other. However their was an odd group of urchins, they stole food and gave it all to the other urchins, and resolved all our conflicts. Riley was amazed by their deeds and wanted to be like them. So she ask to join their group and these urchin rogues accepted without hesitation. The years she spent with them, breaking in a noble high elf's mansion, acting as a young girl who lost her parents to the Flaming Fist guards to bust their friends out of jail, and stealing a diamond from a musuem, it was an adventure. But it didn't last long when they found a man on the streets. They took him in thinking he was a homeless like them, dying from starvation. When they gave him food and water, the old man saw how this urchins operate in the streets and offered them a job. He revealed to himself as a pirate captain and will pay them an extreme amount of gold, however the group didn't want to leave the other's behind so Riley volunteered to stay and help the urchins in surviving the slums. So the group parted ways, but a few years past and no one's heard of them since, everyone was getting worried. Then one day, explosions were rampant throughout the city, Baldur's Gate was being attacked. Us urchins new what to do in situations like this, hide in the sewers. They were hold up in their for awhile until they heard footsteps. And to their surprised, it was the leader of the urchin group that left a few years ago, but something was different about him. After that, everything happened so fast, first the screaming started followed by a bone shattering sound, then an explosion was set off by the leader straight through the group of urchins, and last thing Riley saw was a glimpse of the leader and a demonic entity next to him, the word he said to her shook her,"Sorry, but you guys were always slowing me down." after that everything went blank as Riley fell to unconsciousness.

When she woke up, the attack was over and she was the only survivor. She buried the bodies of her fellow urchins and left the slums, feeling traumatized and betrayed by what happened. Once she left, she used her skills to disguise herself into a different persona and sewed a dress made of leather to feel protected and inconspicuous. She worked alone now, for the past few months she didn't trust anyone and live off of pickpocketing wandering merchants. Then she met Rick Sanchez, a thief who she met when she was caught at pickpocketing a nobleman's bag, he swoop in and convinced them to back up with a convincing lie. At first she didn't know what to make of him, but when he revealed that he pickpocketed the nobleman's bag when he wasn't looking, she was impressed but still suspicious of him. However everytime they meet, she felt like she could open up to him, as if all her worries disappeared. After a few months working together they developed a relationship, but one day Riley learned a valuable lesson, never sleep with a thief. She woke up, and found all her gold, jewelry, and other valuables gone except her equipment and a note from Rick. She was furious and mad not at Rick but at herself for ever falling for him, angry at the life she was forced to live and witness at the same time. She wanted out of it, to shut this world out, but she knew she couldn't. So she made a goal to change, to make her persona a reality, to be the real Riley Shade.
RP Sample:
The sounds of explosion and screaming fills the night sky's serene sound as Riley looked at her telescope to find a torch.
"Wallace, are you sure these Gateguides will ensure safe passage." she says to the new urchin she found.
"Are assure you Miss Shade that Mike wouldn't lie to me, he owes me 10 coppers?" the young boy says as he spotted the torch,"Their it is Miss Shade, the safehouse must be over their."
Riley moves her telescope on that direction, seeing the torch right next to a manhole she saids "Oh how revolting!" in her best noblewoman accent resulting a chuckle from the group of urchins. They then proceeded to use the explosions to their advantage to sneak their way to the sewage entry. Riley opens the hatch and gestures everyone to come in,"Everyone keep your eyes peeled, I don't know if Baldur's Gate is being under siege or at war, it's best to be cautious everyone." she says as the urchins head in the man hole one by one, leaving Riley on top. She then proceeds to head in, but looking at her surroundings one last time and close the hatch.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The safehouse rumbles less as the distant sound of explosions weakens and stops."Hah, told you it wouldn't last long, and you guys all cried that this is the end." Riley says laughing at the children's reaction. "Hey, but you were about to cry to Miss Shade, you were shaking and all that." says Wallace sniffing,'Thats called acting, Wallace. I used to do that with the old crew back then. Boy, do I miss them." says Riley reminiscing the good times."Hmm, do you really think that their still alive though?" "Maybe they've abandon us?" "Typical" says the urchins. "No, they would never do that to you guys. We're your family, no matter what, will stick together." Riley words manages to calm down the children,"Now, let's pile all that stuff you've stole?"
Then suddenly she heard footsteps coming at their direction, Riley signals everyone to hide and grabs her dagger at the ready. The figure appeared on the room with a familiar face and with blood all over him, Riley couldn't believe her eyes and she move straight to the figure, "Arthur! What hap..." as she said that, someone's scream interrupted her and she saw this red fiendish creature, with horns and wings of that of a giant bat, piercing Wallace straight through the heart with a trident.
At the same time, Arthur throws a device at the center of the safehouse, and exploded. Riley managed to be out of range and was only hit in the head. "Sorry, but you guys were always slowing me down." were the last words she heard from Arthur as she fades to consciousness.

Last edited by GoombaJosh; 11-17-2019 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:49 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
I'm finished with this app, feedback is much appreciated. Though my writing sucks and I just realized that this character's backstory is basically that of a faceless but I'm just gonna stick with urchin cause I'm lazy
Old 11-17-2019, 11:11 PM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4029
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
*APPLICATION COMPLETE!*

Solas Harann: PUBLIC PROFILE
right-aligned image
Name: Solas Harann
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Sorcerer
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Background: Courtier

Character Appearance: Angular, clean-shaven face with close-cropped black locks and slightly pointed ears frame Solas' unnaturally purple eyes. To some they were a feature of great mystery and therefore, attraction; to others, a reason to fear and suspect darkness. The perks of youth gave the half-elf strength and vigor, which coupled with broad shoulders and a tall, muscular build made him often a popular topic amongst maidens from noble families. His smile bore the promise of secrets most succulent, or perhaps a mischief left undone. Solas preferred dark and plain clothing, albeit still made with rich material and embroidered in the elegant elven styles. He almost never wore armor and was seldom seen with a sword or other weapon on his person, but it was rumored that Solas once beat Iriaebor's Captain of the Guard in a quarterstaff match, making several soldiers a little bit poorer in the process.

Character Personality: Throughout most of Solas' young life, the half-elf considered himself incredibly lucky. For one thing, as the second son of prominent a horse merchant in Iriaebor, Solas inherited a life of comfort and luxury. As he grew to maturity, it was discovered that he had quite a magnetic personality, mingling easily with all sorts of individuals. Unfortunately, he did not inherit his father's talent for horse breeding; that privilege was his older brother Sadarr's, heir-apparent to the equine empire. Solas instead served in the Iriaeben court, mostly getting by with his easy charm, good looks, and sharp wits; Trait 1: I'd rather make a friend, as being my enemy is usually a poor choicehe made friends quickly, enemies rarely, but was still invited to all their parties. Solas himself thought of his duties in court to be simply another form of entertainment, but he was Bond: My family made me who I am today.loyal to his family and was always concerned about preserving the family reputation. His reputation, not so much.

However, despite this privileged life, Solas hungered for adventure; he Trait 2: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.was always interested in what made the heroes of old great, or how empires fell from the most insignificant events, yet understood the nature of his magical talent so little. He knew that somewhere out there he would find answers about how he was the only one in his line with this arcane heritage, and what his real purpose was in the world; surely it wasn't simply to waste his life away in the next entertaining spectacle at court. If there was a way for Solas to Ideal: Aspiration. When you're from the City of a Thousand Spires, there's nowhere to go but up!enhance both his skills and craft while also building on his family's legacy, then he was willing to go out of his comfort zone to accomplish it.

That said, Solas isn't without his faults. His father always berated him for being Flaw 1: I like the pleasures and comforts of life a little too much.too distracted, often chasing after petty things like women or baubles and not hunkering down to gritty, hard work for what really mattered. Flaw 2: Money is only good when you spend it.His spending habits have also been a matter of jest by his father and siblings; Solas would never stoop himself to beg, but his predilection for gambling was only tolerated because most of the time, it was what kept him out of actual debt.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

THE SECRET LIFE OF AN IRIAEBEN COURTIER

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 11-20-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 08:13 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 323
BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord BinnFord
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
...Binnford, I marked you as complete! Feel free to tweak up until apps close (and, as always, message me with questions or ideas.)
Thanks so much for the opportunity! It was fun to dig into something new.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
jrod, yes, multiclassing is allowed

Arete, looks great. I resized the image for you

Koookan, updated you app to complete in the table. Feel free to tweak it up until deadline if you want to change anything.

In the Mix, GoombaJosh, DanshiiWithWulfs I'll get you updated on the applicants board once I'm back at my computer where it is a bit easier haha.

BinnFord, you're welcome! Thanks for applying. I'm having a lot of fun reading all of the concepts.

I know a few of you asked for feedback. I'm working on that now

Last edited by DaysUntold; 11-18-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6031
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Just dropping in to say this is a fantastic game ad that really gets me as a player excited and inspired. Well done, DaysUntold!

Working on an app now.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool, Thanks so much

Okay, I think I got back to everyone who had questions or wanted feedback. The app list is updated as well. If I missed anything let me know!

You are all coming up with great characters I really appreciate all of the time that you put into your applications