Name: Theo "Whistler" Ravensight
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Ranger (Hunter)
Alignment: TN
Background: Criminal

Character Appearance: WIP

Character Personality:
Two Personality Traits:
  • I meticulously plan for every foreseeable complication.
  • The nature of my profession has made me somewhat of a compulsive liar, I struggle to tell the truth unless it strategically aligns with my goals.
One Background Ideal
  • I understand the hard life of the common folk, I will only take jobs against those that take more than their fair share.
One Background Bond
  • I use my earnings to provide a comfortable life for my family.
Two Character Flaws
  • I find myself paralyzed when events stray from my plans.
  • I question everyone's intentions and verify information before acting.

Summary:

Backstory: WIP
RP Sample: WIP

Last edited by HoJoonYun; 11-20-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:54 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 78
Koookan
@DaysUntold - there are several WIP flags in the Applications table, for my character. Anything else I need to provide?

Thanks!

Last edited by Koookan; 11-19-2019 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 07:44 AM
All Bark & Husky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3891
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
Finally got the free time and brain cells to finish that RP Sample! Hope it's worth your time reading, @Days, and please, feel free to give feedback!
Old 11-19-2019, 10:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2802
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
My application is now complete! I present Edmund Trellian, a human wizard and an investigator with the Baldur's Gate City Watch.

I would welcome feedback on the character. As always, nothing in the application is written in stone, if something is unsuitable, or if something else would make him fit into the game better, I'm happy to make changes.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 11-19-2019 at 10:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:40 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Darklin Darklin
Player List

Are there a lot of people already signed up? I am new to 5E and in another 5e game but am interested in this one too. i normally post every day but some times life gets in the way. Will have to make a new character so was wondering if there are a lot of applicants if I am wasting my time?

Last edited by Darklin; 11-19-2019 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:45 AM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 254
Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall
@Darklin, to answer your question, I can't actually speak for Days but I'm sure he would say apply anyway.

But to answer your literal question, 17.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8210
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Koookan, I hadn't filled them in because you originally had your app secreted and didn't want to give anything away It's all set now! Thanks for the heads up

Danshii. Awesome! updated you. I'll pm you when I get a moment to do a deep read of it.

krymel, Got you updated! I'll be sure to provide some feedback a little later today.

Darklin, Knightfall hit it pretty much spot on. There are currently 17 applicants, though, only 9 of them are complete.

As for if you should apply, my initial gut reaction is to tell you to go for it. If the game is something that you are really interested in then I would always advise to try, whether it is my game or not. This isn't a first-come-first-serve game, so if the last person to apply has a really great application with a character that feels like it will come alive in the world then that person would be chosen over someone who applied earlier with a character that doesn't fit as well. In almost all of the games I play in, I have applied last minute and it hasn't seemed to affect my acceptance rate.

Obviously, I can't accept 18 characters into the game, though some who aren't accepted may be reached out to once someone drops from the game (which always happens in pbp.) So, whether or not you apply should largely depend on your interest level and how much you enjoy making character concepts. I know a lot of people, myself included, who enjoy the exploration of a new character even if they don't get accepted. You won't know if you don't try though

Lastly, being new to 5e or the site won't affect your chances of getting in. One of the nice things about PbP is that it gives plenty of time to learn and answer questions. My first game on the site had 23 applicants and the dm took a risk on me (I had a literal 3 posts on the site at the time.) I'd like to think they didn't regret it and would like to show the same openness to new players that they did.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2962
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix
Old 11-19-2019, 12:09 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3427
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Days App is complete and ready for review
Old 11-19-2019, 12:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
Darklin Darklin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
Koookan, I hadn't filled them in because you originally had your app secreted and didn't want to give anything away It's all set now! Thanks for the heads up

Danshii. Awesome! updated you. I'll pm you when I get a moment to do a deep read of it.

krymel, Got you updated! I'll be sure to provide some feedback a little later today.

Darklin, Knightfall hit it pretty much spot on. There are currently 17 applicants, though, only 9 of them are complete.

As for if you should apply, my initial gut reaction is to tell you to go for it. If the game is something that you are really interested in then I would always advise to try, whether it is my game or not. This isn't a first-come-first-serve game, so if the last person to apply has a really great application with a character that feels like it will come alive in the world then that person would be chosen over someone who applied earlier with a character that doesn't fit as well. In almost all of the games I play in, I have applied last minute and it hasn't seemed to affect my acceptance rate.

Obviously, I can't accept 18 characters into the game, though some who aren't accepted may be reached out to once someone drops from the game (which always happens in pbp.) So, whether or not you apply should largely depend on your interest level and how much you enjoy making character concepts. I know a lot of people, myself included, who enjoy the exploration of a new character even if they don't get accepted. You won't know if you don't try though

Lastly, being new to 5e or the site won't affect your chances of getting in. One of the nice things about PbP is that it gives plenty of time to learn and answer questions. My first game on the site had 23 applicants and the dm took a risk on me (I had a literal 3 posts on the site at the time.) I'd like to think they didn't regret it and would like to show the same openness to new players that they did.
Alright I will start on a character. The reason I was talking about time is being new it takes me a while to create a character. i am an old 1st and 2nd edition player that has just started to play 5e. It takes me longer since I have to unlearn all the prior 1st and 2nd creation rules. I'll get started. If I make it great if not I have another character creation under my belt.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:40 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 78
Koookan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
I understand, thanks for your consideration!

Just a minor detail. My background should be Folk Hero instead of Outlander.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5921
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklin View Post
Alright I will start on a character. The reason I was talking about time is being new it takes me a while to create a character. i am an old 1st and 2nd edition player that has just started to play 5e. It takes me longer since I have to unlearn all the prior 1st and 2nd creation rules. I'll get started. If I make it great if not I have another character creation under my belt.
You can message me if you'd like some help translating an idea to 5e and I'll do my best to help.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8210
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Koookan, got it! thanks for pointing it out, was an error from copying/pasting the format lol

Darklin, ahh, I totally get it. Take your time. Even if I close apps early, I'll give a couple days notice for new interest and then several more for people to complete apps they've already started on. I don't want anyone to feel rushed or blind-sided
Old 11-19-2019, 02:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5921
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Public Application Section
Public Application Section

Name: Malconus Galt
right-aligned image

Race: Half-elf
Class: Bard1/Hexblade1
Alignment: CG
Background: Entertainer

"Give me a case to put my visage in!
A visor for a visor.—What care I
What curious eye doth cote deformities?"
-Romeo and Juliet, Act I, Scene 4

Character Appearance: Charisma. It's a word that is often thrown around, but true charisma is a force as powerful as magic. Mal has charisma in spades. It is more than a warm smile that sets you at ease or an empathetic furrow of his brow that makes you feel truly understood to your core. Mal has a way of making you feel that you are the most special person in the world and that you can do anything simply because he believes so completely in you. There is an energy when he locks eyes with you. He can hold a room with the silence between words, or bring a tear with a slight inflection of voice. He is strong and soft at the same time, handsome and lovely. Mal wears comfortable clothing that can be dressed up to court or down to the outer city streets with little more than the addition or subtraction of one or two accoutrements. A rapier hangs with casual familiarity at his side, but perhaps his true weapon of choice is a worn lute that has seen countless performances and battles alike.

"I went down to the crossroads
Tried to flag a ride
I went down to the crossroads
Tried to flag a ride
Nobody seemed to know me
Everybody passed me by"
Cross road blues, Robert Johnson

Character Personality:

Summary: Malconus is a people person above all. He seems to feed on the happiness of others and their mood can influence his own to a great degree. It is why he gravitated to performing as a way to entertain and lighten the burden of everyday woes for as many people as possible. To that end, he is a constant critic of himself, always trying to perfect his crafts and never quite achieving it.

To his closer friends, Mal is a consumate cheerleader in words and actions of support. It gives him no greater pleasure than to see them succeed . Gold is of little consequence to him beyond the little he needs to survive and he is quite generous with it if he feels it can help. He seems to find beauty in even the ugliest of things and universal beauty has been known to blind him to unscrupulous intent. He is so good at fulfilling the needs of others that rarely is the attention turned back to him. For all his easy manner and open heart, Malconus doesn't allow people in to help him. He may not even realize he needs help.

"And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?"
The Second Coming, William Butler Yeats

Backstory:
Malconus Galt appeared on the bustling docks of Baldur's Gate a little more than five years ago. Among the teeming crowds he emerged into his new city and took to it immediately. In a town of smugglers and thieves, cutthroats of murderous and political intent, he carved a niche among the lowbrow jesters and satirists to present noble and famous monologues, beautiful music to the general public of the lower town. It was not always an easy task, but time he sympathetic audience among the jeers and rejection. In easy conversations among the inns and taverns scattered around the city he has told his tale: "I am a native son, returned these many years to my home. Stolen, along with this Black Blade, from the home of a patriar family. One day I will find them again and rejoin them on the high hill. Fear not, gentle people, for I will never give up the river bottom, nor the people outside the walls no matter my high birth!" The rapier he carries with a blade as black as obsidian seems to be his only proof of his tale and he claims it is magical when wielded by a true heir. "The black will fade and it's honor extinguish, should it fall from my hand." For all his stories, Mal never seems to actively seek out entrance to where the patriars reside. Perhaps he is building his story and case before he makes his move. He seems more interested in bringing light to the dark city and darker times. News of Elturel has hit him especially hard and as of late, his plays are tragedies and his songs a dirge to remind the people of the woes their holy neighbors have faced.

RP Sample:

Secret Application Section
Secret Application Section

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 11-27-2019 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Dwarven Master-at-Arms

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1714
Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea Anea
Started updating some of my App, please feel free to DM me any feedback or improvements you would like to see in it! Hoping to have it finished by next week

Tomb of Annihilation | Labyrinth | Broken Isles | Descent into Avernus