... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-22-2019, 10:24 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4643
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Sonya's application is done and ready for review!

I took the Oath of Sangus
Old 11-22-2019, 10:34 PM
Hunter of the Wumpus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 254
Knightfall Knightfall Knightfall
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
Knightfall, perfect. You're now my official accountant. :P
I will take this job, and fulfill my duty with pride.... Mostly because I lack skill, so pride is about the only thing I can offer this position. Pride and heart. So, chalk me up to both of those.

Last edited by Knightfall; 11-22-2019 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4349
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Old 11-23-2019, 11:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 698
Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius
Old 11-23-2019, 12:53 PM
Chocolate Chips

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2962
In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix In the Mix

Last edited by In the Mix; 11-23-2019 at 12:54 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8210
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
The table should be updated!

Last edited by DaysUntold; 11-23-2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 05:30 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey

Last edited by Odyssey; 11-23-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 698
Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius Aurius

Last edited by Aurius; 11-25-2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Update
Old 11-25-2019, 05:18 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
Ruhkiam Ruhkiam
Application
Basic Info
right-aligned image

Name: Jamison Hugh
Race: Variant human
Class: Monk
Alignment: CG
Background: Entertainer - Singer

Appearance: Jamison is average in height with a lithe, almost athletic build. One of the most apparent features about him are the tribal paints around his torso and the lack of any sort of upper garment, the paint stretching from his torso up to his face and through to his temples. Dark skinned, one of his other most apparent features are his stark, almost icy blue eyes underneath thick eyebrows.

Discounting the few scars on his back and a few on his chest from training, he has little other blemishes. He wears no shirt or any sort of upper garment, instead covering himself with white tribal paint to honour both his ancestors and those that developed the art of combat that he now uses. Underneath the waist, he wear a sort of sash over loose pants that close off at the ankles, and below those he wears simple slippers.

Personality: Jamison has always been a laid back type of individual, the sort of person with an easy smile, that could diffuse any situation where a person was angry or cross with him. He's also the type to seek perfection in any of his endeavors, rarely ever giving half-assed efforts; constantly pushing himself to be better than he was previously. One of the many ways he does this is by looking to the past, he sings of those that came before, of old legends, if only to glean a lesson from them for himself and for others, while also keeping them fresh in his audience's mind since he believes those that came before shouldn't be forgotten.

Due to his determination, he will go to no lengths to find his father, who disappeared without explanation and left behind a small pool of blood. The trauma it left behind perhaps accentuated his flaw, whether it was subconscious or he simply didn't care anymore he didn't know, but he'd always had trouble keeping his true feelings hidden and staying his sharp tongue, which has put him in trouble more than once.

Personality Traits:
Trait: I'll settle for nothing less than perfection.
Trait: Nobody stays angry at me or around me for long, since I can defuse any amount of tension.
Ideal: Tradition. The stories, legends, and songs of the past must never be forgotten, for they teach us who we are.
Bond: I will find my father, whatever it takes.
Flaw: I have trouble keeping my true feelings hidden. My sharp tongue lands me in trouble.

Backstory
Jamison was the middle child of three kids; his family particularly well off in the sprawling city of Baldur’s Gate. His father a merchant and his mother a leather worker in one of the city’s various guilds. His early childhood was uneventful, spending his time playing with his siblings and friends, running around through the streets of Baldur’s Gate, and making wild scenarios with his overactive imagination.

His father and mother were careful to teach him to respect his ancestors while he was still young, tell him of their great deeds and the various ways he was to show respect to their spirits. Laying the foundation for his reverence to the past. As he grew older, he became more and more interested in singing, and decided to take it up as a hobby at first. Going form tavern to tavern, singing whatever songs he was able to write that morning or the night before. Or just altered renditions of famous folksong.

To his surprise, people were beginning to like him and his songs. And soon, what was once a hobby to pass the time, became a job. He moved out of his home and began going from tavern to tavern, spending most of his nights in one of their rooms. And before long, his name was beginning to spread throughout the city. And with it, taverns were requesting him to play in their venue, offering up large sums of coin and free drinks to him and whatever friends he brought along.

One particular night, while he was outside taking a break after a rather ruckus song, he witnessed a man trying to mug an unarmed, blind individual. Jamison quickly stepped in and broke the thug’s nose. The blind man told him the situation was under control, but that he was grateful for the help, and should he want to get better at his skills in defending others, he should visit the Jade Temple. Jamison thought nothing of it, and went back to his usual routines for several months.

Then, his father disappeared. His mother was in panic, his older brother furious at the lack of help the Flaming Fist was giving, and his younger sister utterly distraught. The only sign his father left behind was a small puddle of blood. Jamison first went to the Flaming Fist, then to any adventurers willing to help, but when nothing came of it, he decided to take matters into his own hands. Remembering the invitation of the blind man, he went over to the Jade Temple some distance outside of Baldur’s Gate where he trained in the arts of defending himself and others.

His training was tough at first. His masters relentless and bordering on cruel, but he adapted, grew stronger. His body toughened, and his mind expanded. Within the span of a couple years, and after hours of meditation, he unlocked his Ki. Once he’d unlocked, his masters told him they had nothing more to teach him, that he was meant to go out and learn the rest of his lessons by experiencing the wider world.

The night before he left, he applied the first set of paint along his body and face. Then, saying goodbye to his instructors, left the temple and returned to Baldur’s Gate

Last edited by Ruhkiam; 11-27-2019 at 02:26 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Some Believe in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2787
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Old 11-25-2019, 07:14 PM
Blink and you'll miss it.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8613
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Bethrynna's application is finished!
Old 11-26-2019, 03:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3299
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Phew! Cosmas is complete as well and I'd be happy to accept feedback
Old 11-26-2019, 08:39 AM
pushing poo uphill

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12243
phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar phinar
I think my re-write of Erna is complete. I'd welcome feedback!
Old 11-26-2019, 12:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8210
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Perfect! I'll have some time later tonight to get feedback to everyone.

Just a reminder, the deadline is coming up in three days
Old 11-26-2019, 12:21 PM
Epic Level Enchatment

Tools
User Statistics
Eyyyy phinar! Glad to see ya!