Old 11-15-2019, 11:27 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
SharkBait SharkBait
Severed Bonds

Severed Bonds

Katapesh is prouder than any other city in the world of the sins it sells in its streets. Its gold-lined coffers overflow from the blood and scars of a million slaves, and its people think nothing of consorting with the monstrous or immoral if it means getting a better price. Theirs is a conscience wiped clean by greed, their transgressions absolved by the only god they truly worship: the flickering gleam of gold.
- Horvus Arbenchal,
Den of Vice: An Andoren View of the Southern Slave Trade

Overview:

The Twilight Talons, a covert branch of Andoran’s noble Eagle Knights, use undercover agents to root out and bring down evil organizations from within. One of their longest-running operations is an aggressive campaign against slave rings throughout the Inner Sea region. Field agent Othine Dalanse rose to prominence in the campaign by infiltrating slave rings, unraveling their command structures and resource chains, and successfully dismantling them with minimal casualties. Othine has been missing since wrapping up her most recent endeavor in Katapesh.

The adventure begins in a Katapeshi coffee shop where, at the behest of a Twilight Talon commander named Whispershade, you will undertake the search for Othine. The coffee shop is a front for the Twilight Talons in Katapesh. Exactly why you are there is up to you. You could be an operative of the Twilight Talon interested in helping another member. You could be a friend or family member of Othine wishing to confirm that she is still alive. You could simply be a mercenary know for being trustworthy. Perhaps you owe a favor or your life to Whispershade, or to the Twilight Talons in general (ex-slave?). There are many options to choose from, but you must be at the coffee shop intending to assist Whispershade.

Katapesh:

South of most civilized lands, sprawling across a valley of blazing-hot sand, is one of the most incredible and wondrous cities in all of Golarion: the great desert metropolis of Katapesh. Katapesh is a city of organized chaos where cash is king and commerce is the highest god. From its early beginnings as the Golden City, Katapesh was rich in natural resources and is located on the shores of the Obari Ocean. It retained its mercantile importance no matter who occupied the city. The metropolis is the home to many bazaars and fairs that sell anything one might desire. Two notable permanent markets within the city are the Peculiar Emporium and the Nightstalls.

Katapesh overlooks the ocean from a sandy promontory above a series of black, glass-like cliffs called the Obsidian Wall. Beneath the cliffs a flat stretch of ground extends to the sea. Katapesh is surrounded by 40-foot-high sandstone walls, topped by ramparts and interspersed with crenelated towers. The city is divided into five separate areas: Dawn Gate, Docks, Inner City, Lower City, and Twilight Gate. Three more smaller communities shelter in the shade of the city's tall walls. Dog Town huddles around the Dawn Gate. The Daystalls located outside of the Serpent Gate and the Sprawl near the Twilight Gate. A fourth community outside of Katapesh's walls, Castle Glarion is located just south and east of the Sprawl and has attracted neighbors and a few shops. The River Scorpion wends its way through part of the city, passing through the Serpent Gate, exiting into the Sprawl, and flowing out into the Obari Ocean.

Generation:

Level: 6

Health: Max at first. Roll after first, but wait until after the selection process for this.

Ability Scores: 25 point-buy.

Races: Anything marked as Core, Featured, or Uncommon from the Advanced Race Guide. Gnolls. I think I am pretty open to third-party material, especially if they are an improvement to relatively weak races like the kobold. Katapesh doesn't care what you are, as long as you have coin to spend.

Classes: Spheres of Power and Might. I am also fine with non-caster classes from Paizo, as well as open to third-party options. I just don't want to mix Power with your typical casting. I am primarily running this in order to learn more about the Spheres rule-set. Advanced and Legendary Talents are only available by using a feat to take them. Emerging guns, you will be able to find them in Katapesh.

Alignment: Don't really care much, but you must select one that fits your character best since there are spells and abilities that work off which alignment you are. You do not need to follow alignment restrictions for classes (eg, monks don't have to be lawful). I won't really be enforcing this except in such cases where you chose NG but are blatantly acting evil whenever possible. Characters whose behavior swings more toward good make more sense for this adventure.

Traits: Two. No drawbacks to take another.

Wealth: 16,000gp. No pregame crafting.

Other: Background Skills. Elephant Feat Taxes.

Information to include in applications:

A finished character sheet isn't necessary, but would be helpful. There should be enough present to show me what direction you are taking your character in.

Name:

Race:

Class:

Spheres: Just list which spheres you are using. This will make it easier on me.

Physical Description:

Personality/Quirks/Likes/Fears:

Background: Make it fun. Your character isn't level one, so you should have some experience under your belt. Try to include where you came from, why you are at the coffee shop, what drives you, and where you see your character going in the future.

Other:

The Spheres of Power and Might can be found here.

Disclaimer: This is a pre-generated module. I am using this to learn new third-party rules, though that doesn't mean this won't continue after the module is finished. If the active players are still having fun we can either continue down a homebrew path or start an entirely new adventure.

Applications will go until 12/6/2019 since there is a holiday coming up.

Last edited by SharkBait; 11-16-2019 at 02:58 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:08 AM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7978
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
This is very much my speed, though it seems you've beat me to the punch of actually hosting such a game! I'll fix up an application right quick.
Old 11-16-2019, 02:33 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6026
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
App Complete

Last edited by Vaerdis; 11-17-2019 at 03:02 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 72
Ermine
App Complete, I think

Last edited by Ermine; 11-26-2019 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Name:

Race:

Class: Prodigy

Spheres: Lancer, Shield, Guardian, Life, Light(?)

Physical Description:

Personality/Quirks/Likes/Fears:

Background:

Last edited by Seasons End; 11-16-2019 at 08:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:31 PM
Damn the Torpedoes!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9418
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Before I commit to anything I figured I should swing by and ask what level of mechanical optimization you're expecting of the characters submitted. I have recently come to realize that what I tend to create is not the most "correct" of character models, and that it can be disruptive to party balance. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:55 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
ImperialProphet ImperialProphet
Does anyone have interest in a tandem application? Specifically, one of us would play a Spirit Blade Armorist, the other the wielder. I'm imagining amusing dichotomies, good sword/evil wielder or vice versa, swordsman with a possessed pistol, wizard with the Sword of Fighting.

Last edited by ImperialProphet; 11-17-2019 at 01:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:23 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6026
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialProphet View Post
Does anyone have interest in a tandem application? Specifically, one of us would play a Spirit Blade Armorist, the other the wielder. I'm imagining amusing dichotomies, good sword/evil wielder or vice versa, swordsman with a possessed pistol, wizard with the Sword of Fighting.
See, you have a similar angle to something I was going for. My character was going to be a bloodmage that passively possesses a party member consistently, healing them with the blood of their enemies.

Edit: Thinking over of the concept, this reminds me of a great amount of Soul Eater. With two possessors a Spirit Blade Armorist and a Wraith can probably switch about possessing each other to use up actions in each other's humanoid body between rounds.

Last edited by Vaerdis; 11-17-2019 at 02:27 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
SharkBait SharkBait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
Before I commit to anything I figured I should swing by and ask what level of mechanical optimization you're expecting of the characters submitted. I have recently come to realize that what I tend to create is not the most "correct" of character models, and that it can be disruptive to party balance. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Are we talking like trying to break the game level of optimization, or sticking so thoroughly to a character concept that your character may or may not be useful to the party?
Old 11-17-2019, 02:58 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1241
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
These rules seem very interesting!
Old 11-17-2019, 08:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialProphet View Post
Since I'm debating between a scholar and a conscript I would be willing to play the wielder.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon Cristal08Darkmoon
Name: Mielas
Race: Elf

Class: Scholar
Martial Tradition: Field Medic
Spheres: Equipment, Scout, Alchemy

Physical Description: Mielas is about average in terms of height and build for an elven woman. She has skin rivals caramel for it's golden brown hue. Her eyes are inky pools that normally reflect her calm demeanor or dance in quiet merriment. Nearly black hair hangs several inches below her shoulders and is usually pulled back from her face. She wears comfortable clothing that allows for easy movement and air flow.

Personality/Quirks/Likes/Fears: Mielas is calm, steady and confident and is a firm believer in mind over brute force. She has an extreme dislike of cruelty to others, especially helpless beings.

Background: Make it fun. Your character isn't level one, so you should have some experience under your belt. Try to include where you came from, why you are at the coffee shop, what drives you, and where you see your character going in the future.

Last edited by Cristal08Darkmoon; 12-01-2019 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2019, 02:37 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1241
SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax SalmonMax
I'm kind of liking this Fey Adept thing I'm seeing here. I'll need some time to decipher the system to the point where I can make a submission, but I do want to try this!
Old 11-17-2019, 04:50 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End Seasons End
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
Are we talking like trying to break the game level of optimization, or sticking so thoroughly to a character concept that your character may or may not be useful to the party?
The latter I think
Old 11-17-2019, 07:36 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 105
ImperialProphet ImperialProphet