: +

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 01:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 72
Ermine
I really want to try the spheres of power stuff, but don't understand it at all. Currently reading more about it. As of right now, I'm still working on my same character, too, but I don't know how all those spell-like abilities work alongside Spherecasters. I might have to make a new character >< If I do, Alteration, Creation, Time, and Warp spheres look fun, as do the Incanter, the Reaper, and the Thaumaturge. I don't HAVE to take an arcane tradition, do I? (And I can make my own if I do, right?)

Edit: I think I understand it now? But arcane tradition questions still stand. Also, think I'll go Incanter if you don't want me using all the spell-like abilities Magical Tail and Drow Nobility lines grant and JUST want spherecasting. (And as an Incanter, that's a LOT of spheres and/or talents to pick O.o)

Last edited by Ermine; 11-18-2019 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:08 AM
You wouldn't.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7978
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Ermine, consider the rules provided by Spheres of Power for alternative racial traits, which replace certain magical features of Paizo's races with more compatible versions. For Kitsune with Magical Tails, for example, you can choose to gain extra spell points instead of the spell like abilities.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ermine
While really cool, I planned on taking Witchmarked and Innate Curse for tails anyway for the new one. (Plus the old one was TECHNICALLY half-elf)

Any chance, as it says it's up to the GM, that I could take a drawback feat instead of a boon? (Specifically Curse Mastery) I really like this character (Miira), and it fits with backstory (I'll take it as a regular feat if you say no, so it's not a huge deal).

Last edited by Ermine; 11-18-2019 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:52 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1447
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Intersted! I'll think up a concept and put together an app here.
Application
right-aligned image
Making a Gnoll! (using the race build as per Advanced Race Guide, link to build Here)
Name: Tsieng Mirefangs (T-see-ng)
Race: Gnoll
Class: Brawler (snakebite striker AT)
Spheres: I would like to use vanilla brawler if possible! (gotta have a baseline somewhere, right?)
Physical Description: Art is not 100% accurate, ofc. hard to find gnoll art you know? A young female gnoll with golden fur dappled with black spots. She has decorated her exposed fur with bright colored paint over her shoulders and muzzle. She wears surprisingly civilized clothing for one of her kind, including well kept armor and spiked gauntlets on her hands. Her ears are pierced with an eclectic collection of rings of different metals.
Personality/Quirks/Likes/Fears: Tsieng doesn't get along with other, what she sees as 'uncivilized', gnolls. She likes feeling strong, but that is almost always in conflict with her desire to be liked by other humanoids. She knows people think badly of her for being born a gnoll, but she's going to try to take the high road when dealing with them, try being the operative word.
Background: Once a full on follower of the older ways: Slavery, eating any sentient, and raiding for a living. She gave up that life when she was younger when she realized that it would be easier to get ahold of these things they were taking if instead she just lived with the civilized folks. Tsieng worked as a bouncer, hired muscle, and has actively fought others of her kind, though sometimes it's just snarling and shouting angrily at each other.

Last edited by Runetide; 11-20-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ermine
Heheh. I had a snakebite striker brawler until I made a new character. It's good to see it might still happen~
Old 11-21-2019, 07:47 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
SharkBait SharkBait
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasons End View Post
The latter I think
The latter is totally fine by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
I really want to try the spheres of power stuff, but don't understand it at all. Currently reading more about it. As of right now, I'm still working on my same character, too, but I don't know how all those spell-like abilities work alongside Spherecasters. I might have to make a new character >< If I do, Alteration, Creation, Time, and Warp spheres look fun, as do the Incanter, the Reaper, and the Thaumaturge. I don't HAVE to take an arcane tradition, do I? (And I can make my own if I do, right?)

Edit: I think I understand it now? But arcane tradition questions still stand. Also, think I'll go Incanter if you don't want me using all the spell-like abilities Magical Tail and Drow Nobility lines grant and JUST want spherecasting. (And as an Incanter, that's a LOT of spheres and/or talents to pick O.o)
You don't have to take a tradition. If you want to make your own, run it by me first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
While really cool, I planned on taking Witchmarked and Innate Curse for tails anyway for the new one. (Plus the old one was TECHNICALLY half-elf)

Any chance, as it says it's up to the GM, that I could take a drawback feat instead of a boon? (Specifically Curse Mastery) I really like this character (Miira), and it fits with backstory (I'll take it as a regular feat if you say no, so it's not a huge deal).
That would be fine.
Old 11-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ermine
I have the tradition in the app already.
Old 11-23-2019, 12:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3015
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Withdrawing. Going to use this concept for another game.

Last edited by Kshnik; 12-03-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 01:17 PM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13798
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Question: You said that legendary talents require a feat to access. What feat is that, and when would it become available? I don't think it makes sense to have one in my base build, but there is a legendary talent that would be good to come online in a few levels.

Application complete!

Bloodclaw

Bloodclaw - Crushing Juggernaut
The Killer of Katapesh
"For the Golden Eagles! Wait, that's what you call me?"

Race: Gnoll Sex: Male Class: Equipment, Brute spheresStriker Age: 21 Height: 7'2" Weight: 294lb
Shock and Awe

A Different Sort of Gnoll

A Gnoll Apart

Last edited by DAquilina; 12-02-2019 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Ermine

Last edited by Ermine; 12-01-2019 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Nevermind
Old 11-26-2019, 02:38 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11062
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Posting interest for an Armorist, possibly of the Soaring Blade Archetype.
Old 11-28-2019, 06:03 PM
Master of Madness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4036
Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis Sirviantis
I have a character I'd like to use here, I'm just a bit uncertain about if I can keep up another game at a high post rate (I might, but that'd leave less time for other hobbies, which also would be a problem).

That said, I've got some questions:
QuestionsI don't think you've mentioned anything about a posting rate, so... what are you aiming for?

while planning out my character I also noticed the reaper class, and was super hyped to play it, but then I saw it was third party, would you allow it nonetheless?

When browsing through oracle curses just now (I was looking into taking it as a casting tradition drawback) I came upon the Legalistic trait. I really like it, but I've currently got enough drawbacks and don't need another one. Could I take the curse with benefits for flavour reasons? Otherwise I might still take it as a regular drawback and take spell points for it.

Any set of deities we should pay attention to?

Let's start with an application in the meantime, I feel creative juices running strong today and I really feel like I ought to post.

Application: Vrirvi Tyrin
Name: Vrirvy Tyrin
Class: No archetypes, Cult of the Wyrm, Dual wielding and Nature sphere (based around metal and fire)Reaper
Race: Tiefling
Allignment: True Neutral, they mostly do what they feel like, without worrying too much about the implications it has on their soul. As far as Vrirvi is concerned his soul was promised to hell from the moment he was born.
Appearance: There can't ever be a mistake over Vrirvi's tiefling heritage, nor their Rakshasa connection. Their skin is runs from red-orange along their back towards an allmost humanlike skin colour on their belly. Dark stripes, disfigured by tattoo, scarring and branding, now look vaguely flame-like. Short peach fuzz hair runs over Vrirvi's body like a veil, leaving him with a soft touch. As with most mammals the palms of the hands and soles of the feet don't have any hair on them, neither does the face or chest. The body, when clothed, looks mostly feminine, with a slender build obscuring developped muscles. Anyone touching the warrior would be decieved by the fat which hides well-developed muscles underneath. The hands are inmistakably male, with strong fingers and thick veins running over them.

In everyday life Vrirvi's appearance demonstrates his past pains and victories. their carreer in the fighting pits is referenced by the two daggers hanging on his left hip. A pair of cuffs around their wrists reference being bought and sold. Their time as a working in a pleasure house is referenced several silver tears on his left cheek, but this isn't the only metalwork the tiefling has branded himself with. To bolster his resilience they've grafted small metal plates on his arms and exposed belly. Other common clothing items include a tight fitting shirt, leaving the belly and arms exposed while displaying the shape of two well formed breasts. They usually walk on bare feet, this because most cobblers fail to accomodate Vrirvi's digitgrade tiger-like feet. Most people don't notice this however because over their trousers they wear a set of long multicoloured skirts obscuring the visibility of their feet.

Vrirvi's face has strong angular features and a long chin which points to originally elvish parents. This is only increased by the angled almond-shaped eyes, with amber-like irises flecked with black and grey spread over the entire opening. Thick brows and a squat nose can then only be attributed to Rakshasa corruption, as well as the lynx-like ears. They keep grooming away the sideburns that grow onto their face, as well as the beard, mostly for aesthetic reasons, instead they grow out their hair quite long. Notable about the dragonslayer's hair is that it's strangely resistant to fire, and the two significantly longer braids he's worked in, a symbol of past victories: those against his master and the dragon.

Quirks:
  • Vrirvi is prone to gesticulating a lot when they're talking.
  • They value staying true to themselves more than anything else, and occasionally try to break away from the status quo just because.
  • That moment where they've subdued an opponent and they're just pinned on the ground. It makes them feel like a god.
  • Recognising people from his previous line of work in the brothel, and making them feel awkward by referencing how they've met before
Fears:
  • Small insects, By fire be purged! Who knows what diseases they can carry.
  • Failing to perform when it matters, from saving lives to taking lives.

Personality: When people meet Vrirvi they're left with very little doubt about what sort of person they are. The tiefling values self-expression over anything, and or this reason they're loud-mouthed and dead honest. This also makes Vrirvi rather quick to act on impulse, not to say they're not capable of better thinking or has bad impulse control, the warsmith simply values the impulses more than a better plan, choosing fully aware for a possibly worse ending. With terrible choices come worse consequences, and Vrirvi accepts these, as anyone should. They're a big believer in attonement and corporal and ironic punishment.

Beyond that, the slayer values strength, anyone who proves themselves is worthy earns Vrirvi's respect. And they're unyieldingly loyal to those who they value, both as friends and individuals. These men and women will find Vrirvi to be rather enjoyable, allways ready to spin a tale or tell a joke. Overall Vrirvi is mostly after the good things in life: Music, drink, celebration and to an extent battle. They're not quite quick to make friends, being betrayed as much as he has tends to extinguish many optimistic embers that live in a person, but despite that they're capable of working together of anyone who's accepting of their hiddeous appearance. Some traces of awkwardness allways linger, and are rarely smothered, but they can be ignored if the people around Vrirvi are supportive and accepting.

Backstory: Vrirvi was cast out from the point of his birth, abandoned in a graveyard. His parent's appearantly thought leaving him here would be an ironic kindness, at least he'd have a proper burial. Instead the young fiendblood was taken in by the gravedigger, and taken to a priest of pharasma, Paccalo. He thought Vrirvi headed to his unavoidable end too soon, and with nothing better to do he took it upon himself to raise the boy. Vrirvi was kind growing up, but he grew up lonely, confined to the stonework and lichen that he allegedly was born on. Nonetheless, Vrirvi was content with his life, and his somewhat strange home situation.

As the boy grew older his body started to change, and not quite in the normal ways. He allways had the familiar purplish tint of skin, and his brow ridge allways ended in pointy bone-like structures. Instead where other boys grew more broad and muscular, Vrirvi became more... feminine. By the time "he" had matured, Vrirvi's body was completely hermaphroditic. By now they'd also started to notice that their father, Paccalo, had received a lot of local distrust for allegedly fathering such a devilspawn. They'd realised that Vrirvi was kept in the graveyard to not expose them to the trouble the townfolk put their father through. This abuse only became more apparent as Vrirvi started to explore the town, whethlon, and threats turned into physical violence on occasion. Deep down they knew it was their fault that Paccalo was put through so much trouble, and so the youngling fled. In hopes of repaying the kind old man.

They never made it far. The next town over chastised them, and chased them off. Eventually they ran into a rather wealthy man, Vunkis Goldroot, with no reservations about their tiefling lineage or miscreant appearance. They were to stay inside, but for now Vrirvi was glad to be rid of constant trouble these folks put him through. They took kindly to isolation, and moreso to being pampered a bit. For once they were nothing, nowhere, no one, and they loved it. No one was getting hurt because of them. Vrirvi started to love their saviour for the kind gesture, and they lived happily.

Time doesn't let things go untouched however. One day Vunkis returned in panic, and barred the door as he frantically eyed his mansion. Vrirvi asked what was wrong, and Vunkis explained: "The town's found out I've been hiding you." Vrirvi offered to run, and they did. With the tiefling stuck in a hidden compartement beneath the bench in case of investigation.
The click of a lock finally brought back some healthy scepticism to the tiefling's mind, but it was too late.

When the lock opened Vrirvi soon found themself shackled and stripped of their belongings. They'd finally learned where Vunkis managed to get his wealth. The youth was marched to a podium, another man stood behind a desk, calling out numbers and pointing to the crowd that had gathered. As the ritual was completed another man pulled them by the chains. They brought the tiefling to yet another carriage, this one a cage on wheels, covered with a sheet.

Vrirvi resisted his captors from the moment he arrived. When guards came to unhook his chains he'd lash at them with the thick metal links, succesfully strangling one of them before being drugged and passing out. Their master, a fat man named Don Mortello, then decided to use him for gladiatorial combat as well as for his pleasure house. Their accomplishments as a gladiator, as well as their rare biology and exotic appearance made them quite an expensive consort, but nontheless he was popular.

Months passed, before a strange old man paid for his services. By now Vrirvi was conditioned enough to no longer brutalise their clients, the man asked why. "I've been lashed more times I can count. And branded so often they started to leave the metal in as a reminder." Vrirvi explained through missing teeth. "Ah, I see" the man said casually as he laid a hand on his shoulder. The metal still embedded in him burned, but by the time it stopped he felt lighter, quicker, nimble. "There," spoke the old man, as he placed a sphere of metal in his lap, "Those flames they burned you with, put that anger into this, forge it, wield it. Take back what you're owed." The blob turned into a double ended sword, and in blood they repaid their hosts.

Days passed with Vrirvi free of their captors, who were now but puddles of blood. They met a girl, named Milavi a minstrel and admirer of their skills in the arena, the woman used the magic of song and words to sway the tiefling. It wasn't long before Vrirvi knew he wanted her, and that was ofcourse Milavi's goal. For a year they were happy, and Vrirvi had taken up a career alongside his love. Using the combination of their vocals and instruments to earn them a permanent room at a local inn as long as they helped cook when not performing. Around this time the man started to take up some acrobatics, particularly fire-eating, to make more money and buy his freedom. After a year however the old man who freed him reappeared. He finally gave Vrirvi his name, Aeveid, and demanded he come with him. "No, I'm happy with my life, I'm not coming with you," Vrirvi rejected the man, and Aeveid left quietly. A few days later Mivali was gone.

It didn't take long for Vrirvi to work out what had happened to her, and with haste he traced the old man's whereabouts. This brought him to a cave in a mountainside, Aeveid revealed himself, in his true form, a black dragon with lava flowing from it's skin. "Where is she!" Vrirvi Bellowed. "Not here," the dragon responded. Vrirvi sensed he was needed, or he'd be dead allready, and asked: "What do you want?" And the dragon responded "My son," Spoke the dragon calmly. "Fine," Vrirvi conceeded in a defeated tone, "Then I get Milavi back? Where is she now." The dragon could only admit he'd sold the woman.

Vrirvi took a month to find the egg, and they learned it was locked in what might as well be a military camp. They needed an army, that much was clear. The fighting pits were his main recruitment grounds, promising to unchain anyone willing to pledge them their sword. Vrirvi managed to gather a following before moving towards the camp again. They liberated it with stealth, guile and intimidation, and then Aeveid appeared on the sky. A trap was sprung, the fortress was capable of withstanding a dragon, and now Vrirvi held it with a dragon on the way. When the beast wouldn't give back Milavi it didn't take long for the freed men to spring a trap, chaining a the dragon. Using the same magic of forge and flames Aeveid once gave him, Vrirvi managed to lock the dragon in an iron shell.

With Aeveid done however, the only lead on Milavi's location is the words that sealed the dragon's doom: Sold. They now seek to reclaim their lover by the same magic they used to end the dragon's life.

OoC: Because throughout Vrirvi's backstory their sexual identity changed, I've occasionally switched which pronouns I use. In game I plan to specifically use whichever their conversational partner isn't using, to demonstrate how they feel like they don't quite fit in.

I'm striking a delicate balance between edge and furry, and somehow managing to cross the line into both of them... How did I manage that?

Last edited by Sirviantis; 12-06-2019 at 03:52 AM.
Old 11-30-2019, 07:58 PM
...go on.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 797
Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante Keante
My image is a little large, so I've put my application inside a spoiler.

Last edited by Keante; 12-04-2019 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 05:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2661
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
I haven’t tried spheres yet, but I would really like to give it a go.

Character sheet

Name:
Qaup Hoi Xuong

Race:
Gnoll

Class:
Sphere Magus/Prodigy

Spheres:
Athletics, Brute, Life, Destruction

Role:
Striker/blastet, combat healer and some flexibility

Physical Description:
Qaup Hoi Xuong, who normally just go by the name Hoi, looks like a hodgepodge of Tian warrior culture. He weares the O-yoroi armour of a samurai, but is also weares black clothing like a ninja. He is armed with a katana, shurikens and a three-sectioned staff, each weapon taken from a different Tian martial tradition. It is like someone have taken the look of the Tian samurai, ninja and warrior monk and mixed it all together into one incoherent mishmash. Hoi is properly the butt of many jokes, but he wouldn’t know as few people dare say it directly to the tall and well-built gnoll.

Background:
As a small child Hoi was sold as a slave to the rich and essentric ulfen merchant Karl Norregaard. Karl wished to make a personal guard of exotic warriors, believing that having such a band would increase his prestige, besiddes enabling him to strongar, his way through difficult situations. Hoi was chosen to be Karls eastern warrior monster. Combining all the best parts of Tian warrior culture, at least like Karl saw it, into one warrior.

Qaup Hoi Xuong the Tian Master Warrior, would serve together with several other slaves Karl bought, styled and trained. Gnarl the Northen half-troll, Arden the Aldorian Swordlord and Slasstok the Cannibal Lizardman became Hois best friends during their early years of training.
As a Gnoll Hoi grew fast and he joined Karls personal bodyguard at the age of 10. The majority of Hois work was to stand behind Karl and look intimidating, but as he grew older Karl started to use Hoi and other members of his bodyguard as assasins, bullies and enforceres. In this way Karl expanded his influence and trading house over the corpses of his rivals.

Hois last job as a slave to Karl, was to kill a rival merchant. A Garundi slave trader named Jaware, who Karl feared was expanding into his market. What neither Karl nor Hoi knew, was that Jaware really was a member of the Twilight Talons and a Swordbound spellcaster, so Hoi stabbed Jaware in his bed, the spirit of Jaware fleed into Hois sword. Using his own skills, together with the knowledge and magic of Jawares spirit, Hoi killed Karl and fleed from his household. It would take several years for Jawares spirit to convince Hoi to contact the Twilight Talons, but in the end Hoi contactrd the secret organization and he have since worked for the organisation several times as a mercenary.

Last edited by Frederik; 12-01-2019 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:46 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
Ruhkiam Ruhkiam
Character Application
Basic Details
right-aligned image

Name: Akrelm Sunfist
Race: Human
Class: Sphere Sorcerer
Spheres: Darkness and Destruction

Physical Description: The first features one would notice about Akrelm is that he's tall, pale, and sickly. His eyes are almost constantly watery, his skin white as plaster, as though he hasn't seen a minute of sunlight throughout his entire life. And frail of form, not hunched, but one can see just how little meat is on his bones underneath his cloak. Despite all these features, Akrelm is in good health and relatively good physical shape; it's just the nature of his sorcerous heritage that he looks the way he does.

He wears a thick black cloak underneath black robes to draw in sunlight as a way to add warmth to his body. Being so frail and pale makes him prone to get cold and shiver despite the weather being mild or even slightly hot. Thus, he takes any measure to add heat to himself, and found that dark clothes work the best, especially in climates where the sun is sweltering and unforgiving.

Personality:
  • Honest
    • One of the most surprising features of Akrelm is his honesty. He rarely ever speaks lies and when he does it's only to protect those he cares about, and only then. Otherwise, he only speaks the truth. He is known for bending the truth, or distorting it, getting away with technicalities or even half-truths. But so long as it isn't a blatant lie he's alright with saying it. In all other circumstances, where he doesn't feel the need to hide anything, he says things as it is and expects others to be honest with him as well.
  • Rash
    • Akrelm isn't one to always think things through to the fullest. He's rash and impulsive; he gets an idea and he goes for it, attempting to do whatever popped in his mind right then and there. He's also prone to jumping to conclusions at times; taking things at face value and giving a knee-jerk reaction instead of taking the time to absorb, reflect, and think about the situation. It's gotten him in trouble more than once and put him in unfavourable situations more than he'd like to admit.
  • Open and easy-going
    • This goes hand-in-hand with his honestly; Akrelm is open and friendly to those he meets, offering warm smiles to anyone he interacts with and falling into easy conversation with just about anyone. He knows the way people see him when they first meet him, as a silent and brooding type due to the pale skin and all the blackness, but he's quick dispel any of those thoughts, and is open to telling others why he looks the way he looks. If they aren't frightened or put off by it.
  • Ruthless
    • Akrelm can be quite ruthless. Especially to his enemies. Taking pleasure in seeing them suffer due to his sorcery and prolonging their torture before finally allowing them to die. He knows it isn't normal, but there's something about watching his enemies scream out in pain and beg for mercy that gives him a thrill and want to make them suffer even more. He's careful not to prolong it too much, as this side of him scares even him, but he indulges himself every now and again just to get a taste of that thrill.

Likes and Fears:
Fears:
  • Being unloved
  • Becoming Evil
  • Being insignificant

• Baking/cooking
  • Heat

Traits:
  • +1 trait bonus to Sense Motive, and it's considered a class skillBastard
  • +1 trait bonus to concentration and to initiative checksArcane Temper

Backstory

Last edited by Ruhkiam; 12-03-2019 at 08:59 AM.