PF-1e Rise of the Runelords - Anniversary Edition - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 6 6 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-17-2019, 11:15 PM
The red pandas are coming

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18449
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
So, we're definitely using Spheres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LupusRegalis View Post
Evening, Little Blue!

I just got around to reading the article you posted on the Feat Tax problem, and I have to say I love it! I've downloaded his PDF and am now eager for the release of Hearth & Blade as well. So many classes that lack the feat slots of Fighter so often feel gimped or pushed into cookie-cutter builds to stay relevant. Thank you for posting this!

Along the same lines, I wondered if you had considered Consolidated Skills, as well? Except for some of the Crafting, Knowledge and Profession skills, so many of them just fit better together as a whole IMO.
Evening, Lupus!

You'd think I'd know about all the alternative systems by this point, but I haven't seen that before. I wouldn't be opposed to it if the players want it.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:28 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6584
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Application
left-aligned image

Race: Blue

Class: Wilder - Contemplative

Alignment: Neutral (goodish)

Party Role(s): Utility/Situational Magic

Description:

Personality:

Background:

Roleplay Sample:

Traits/Drawback: Scholar of the Ancients (campaign)/ Armor Expert (combat)/ Secret Knowledge (religion)/ Naive

Quirk/s: Kiyoto is obsessed with books. He loves to read any book he might find.

Last edited by ricktur63; 11-25-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:33 PM
Get Stung

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1814
Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez Beez
I guess I'm supposed to actually officially do this

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Thalia Longhouse
Race: Human
Class: Thaumaturge (Soulfire Master)
Party Role(s): Healbot, buff/debuff-ish?
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality: Tries to keep to herself as much as possible, due to fear - well-founded, she thinks - that the gods will smite her should they learn what she really thinks. She's not very good at that, and her excitable personality tends to come out more often than not.
Background: Thalia had plenty of free time growing up on her family’s farm outside Magnimar. While her brothers were doing chores, she skirted those and played in the rolling hills. While she was young, she found a place, a little valley between hills, where odd thoughts came to her. As time progressed, the thoughts taught her, through concepts and rough images, how to pull on a new power, how to heal others and twist reality to make life a little easier. They also taught her, after some crusaders passed through on a geas, the horrors of deific spats, and how that always came back down on mortals. She saw entire civilizations crumble at the whims of angry deities, and knew it to be wrong. The gods were overreaching, their powers stretched to uses Ao would never have allowed, had he known. They should be shut down. And the thoughts gave her the way to do so.
There was a being, they said, cast out of time. A being that fed on the gods themselves, sucked them dry until they were completely powerless, and then, when they could do no more, snapped them up. Once this set were gone, they said, more would come, repopulated by the stray divine power in the universe. Mortals would no longer have to worry about the whims of the gods, and could live peacefully after. If only it could be brought back.
In the meantime, the thoughts said, something had been kicked off that would interfere with their plans, and she should follow the trail and see what could be done about it. The thoughts had a confidence she did not, but she had faith the thoughts knew what she did not, that if she kept to the path things would be right again. This path would begin in Sandpoint, just in time for the festival.
Role-play Example: Sandpoint, two days before the Swallowtail festival. The city was already bustling, areas being marked off, the pre-festivities in full blast. Even the Desnan clerics were in a tizzy, what with the rebuild Cathedral and the upcoming dedication. After observing the priests moving around the new Cathedral for a good few minutes, Thalia made her way to the furthest reasonable inn - The Hagfish. While Desna was generally alright by her, some of the others were problematic more than she deemed reasonable.
The Hagfish was an interesting locale. Even at his hour, it was crowded enough, with some struggling to drink from the eel's tank and others singing bawdy songs. Thalia considered for a moment helping some of those who looked a little queasy after their mug, but that felt like it'd be against the spirit of the competition, and besides, they knew what they were getting into when they paid.
"Do you know the song?"
She started at the voice. "Sorry?"
"The song. About the Sandpoint Devil. You want to give it a go?" The bar patron grinned and nodded at her, trying to convince her to the stage.
"Oh, is that what they're singing? No, sorry, I'm afraid I don't know it. I don't know much about the creature itself, truth be told. I don't get out much, unfortunately." It sounded like they were taunting a devil? Why? That seemed like a great way to get dead. If it heard you, it was probably worse than taunting a god, and everyone knew how fickle they were. Were all city folk like this? What an odd hobby.
Traits/Drawback:Student of Faith, Aura, Chronosense; Doubt or Helpless

RL Wizard
Aspiring Grey Gear

Last edited by Beez; 12-01-2019 at 03:22 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:21 PM
Cleaner of the Royal Butt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1816
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Posting interest! I've been using the Central Casting: Heroes of Legend book to randomly generate characters, and I have a character concept, but I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask before going ahead and doing an app, or if I should reroll a new character.

1) So, the character that I rolled is the daughter of a warrior and a shaman of an obscure ocean dragon god [randomly rolling characters gets you weird results like that] How against homebrewing said obscure god would you be? Would I be allowed to go nuts, or pick a Golorian god, or work with you to craft something fitting? I'm not against any of those, btw, just wanted to ask.

2) As an add-on to the above, I'm divided between using Friends and Enemies as a trait and saying the warrior was a friend of Davrien Hosk, or going for Student of Faith. With the whole 'religious background' thing, that makes a lot of sense for my character, but I also wanted to go for a blaster sorcerer, and the Student of Faith trait pretty much is only useful for clerics. Is there a chance of replacing the benefit of Student of Faith is something that's a bit more blaster-friendly, or should I stick with Friends and Enemies?

3) Would I be allowed to use the 'Fire God's Blessing' feat and/or the Elemental Pupil trait?

That's everything that I can think of for now. I played Rise of the Runelords for a tiny bit before the game died, but the festival bit was by far the best bit, so I am well looking forward to playing it again! Hope all's well!

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; 11-18-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:53 PM

Tools
User Statistics
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
Posting interest! I've been using the Central Casting: Heroes of Legend book to randomly generate characters, and I have a character concept, but I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask before going ahead and doing an app, or if I should reroll a new character.

1) So, the character that I rolled is the daughter of a warrior and a shaman of an obscure ocean dragon god [randomly rolling characters gets you weird results like that] How against homebrewing said obscure god would you be? Would I be allowed to go nuts, or pick a Golorian god, or work with you to craft something fitting? I'm not against any of those, btw, just wanted to ask.
What I'm going to do for this campaign is take Varisia as-is, but the rest of Golarion is much less strict-to-canon, so there's a lot of room for homebrewing. If someone wants to claim a region of Golarion as a place where their particular breed of weirdness is more common, we'll do a first-come-first-served basis, so go nuts.

Quote:
2) As an add-on to the above, I'm divided between using Friends and Enemies as a trait and saying the warrior was a friend of Davrien Hosk, or going for Student of Faith. With the whole 'religious background' thing, that makes a lot of sense for my character, but I also wanted to go for a blaster sorcerer, and the Student of Faith trait pretty much is only useful for clerics. Is there a chance of replacing the benefit of Student of Faith is something that's a bit more blaster-friendly, or should I stick with Friends and Enemies?
I'd be inclined to allow some sort of blaster-friendly modification to your casting for Student of Faith. Are you thinking of a themed blaster because of your god? It seems like you could go for cold if you pick a northern region or electricity based on an area with wicked storm systems.

Quote:
3) Would I be allowed to use the 'Fire God's Blessing' feat and/or the Elemental Pupil trait?

That's everything that I can think of for now. I played Rise of the Runelords for a tiny bit before the game died, but the festival bit was by far the best bit, so I am well looking forward to playing it again! Hope all's well!
Both Fire God's Blessing and Elemental Pupil(would you be interested in having this be the mechanic bonus for Student of Faith, and the fluff is the reason for going to Sandpoint?) would work if you do go themed based on your religion. Replace Fire with whatever element you choose.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge Lentil Sponge
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueNA View Post
What I'm going to do for this campaign is take Varisia as-is, but the rest of Golarion is much less strict-to-canon, so there's a lot of room for homebrewing. If someone wants to claim a region of Golarion as a place where their particular breed of weirdness is more common, we'll do a first-come-first-served basis, so go nuts.
That's fine. As before, I was thinking of her having one parent from Sandpoint, so at least she has some connection.

Quote:
I'd be inclined to allow some sort of blaster-friendly modification to your casting for Student of Faith. Are you thinking of a themed blaster because of your god? It seems like you could go for cold if you pick a northern region or electricity based on an area with wicked storm systems.
So for gameplay reasons I was thinking of fire, given that half-orcs get bonus to fire damage as a favoured class bonus and I like half-orcs, but I'm not against exploring other elemental options either.

Quote:
Both Fire God's Blessing and Elemental Pupil(would you be interested in having this be the mechanic bonus for Student of Faith, and the fluff is the reason for going to Sandpoint?) would work if you do go themed based on your religion. Replace Fire with whatever element you choose.
If you're willing to have Elemental Pupil be the mechanical bonus for Student of Faith, that would be excellent for me. I'll make sure it fits the theme and all makes sense.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:24 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentil Sponge View Post
That's fine. As before, I was thinking of her having one parent from Sandpoint, so at least she has some connection.

So for gameplay reasons I was thinking of fire, given that half-orcs get bonus to fire damage as a favoured class bonus and I like half-orcs, but I'm not against exploring other elemental options either.

If you're willing to have Elemental Pupil be the mechanical bonus for Student of Faith, that would be excellent for me. I'll make sure it fits the theme and all makes sense.
We can reflavor the FCB to any element. I look forward to seeing what you come up with
Old 11-18-2019, 06:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1423
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Gyaald, The Wyrd Knight
right-aligned image
Gyaald
Name: Knight of the Wyrd (Gyaald the Green Knight)
Race: Human
Class: Kinetic Knight (Wood)
Party Role(s): melee, tank, magic(utility, battlefield control, maybe secondary healer 3rd module on)
Alignment: True Neutral
Physical Description: An ancient, overgrown simulacrum of humanity given flesh, the vine covered knight stands immobile and immortal in his eternal slumber, awaiting such a time as he is called to fulfill his duty. While decades of inaction have left him in disarray from the flowers in his beard, to the moss growing up his knees, this forgotten defender stands faithfully vigilant as the last guardian of the Grove.
Personality: Years of inaction have taken their toll on the elderly knight. Much of what he was has been lost to the slow grinding of time. Skills, abilities, memories, and personality have slowly slipped away with the ages, leaving a somber blank slate behind. All that the being once known as Gyaald can remember is his mission, to protect the Grove and nature. Behind his cold stoic gaze though a shadow of his former self still remains: a random smile, the odd quip, an occasional prank gives insight into the man he once was, and perhaps may someday be again.
Background: Gyaald knows little of his background or history. Recently resurrected from his long hibernation the eternal guardian’s mind is troubled and fractured. Decades, perhaps centuries have passed since last he was called, but called he has been all the same, awoken by the Grove to fight some external threat to all that the Green Place represents.
Role-play Example: An almost supernatural calmness radiates from the hidden paradise once known as The Green Wyrd, ancient overgrown trees bow after years of neglect, their caretakers long gone as this abandoned Druidic Circle has slowly devolved back into what it once was: A forgotten source of power, a place of Deep Growth, and Old Magic. The remaining denizens, small forest creatures and insects mostly, flit about the grove as they go about their business, the eternal summer of the Grove ensuring peace and prosperity for all that reside within.
The vine covered statue is an oddity, but one long familiar to the birds who nest on its helmet, their bed making an odd crown for the strange figure. The squirrels also, are quite fond of the statue, as it’s armor has long contained many hiding places for their nuts, to store for a winter that has never come. It was with great alarm then, when the statue opened it’s eyes for the first time. Acorns fell from their hidden catches and the birds frantically took flight as the elderly man slowly started to move. With all the speed and inevitably of a glacier the rusted knight slowly stumbled forward, joints frozen in both armor and limb from it’s century long slumber. And yet it’s emerald eyes were sharp as they surveilled their surroundings.
”Eassssst......... Ssssssssandpoint.......” The Grove whispered to it’s champion, who without any delay started the slow trek to civilization. A threat to the Grove had appeared, and the Knight of the Green must go to protect his charge
Character Sheets: Not required before selection.
Traits/Drawback:Monster Hunter, Bred For War, Awakened from stasis. I’ve got ideas for an appropriate homebrewed defect.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 11-20-2019 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:16 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6584
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
I've also never seen the consolidated skills before but me likey! I didn't see if there was a penalty to class skill points or not...

Kiyoto will have a little blasty-ness but will be mostly utility powers to help him in combat.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:38 AM
Airship Pirate

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6870
LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis LupusRegalis
It does change the amount of Skill Points gained:
Class Skills Adjustments

Nifty thing, you can still use Consolidated skills with the Background skills ruleset as well! :P
Old 11-19-2019, 07:05 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1447
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'm interested! Let me ponder a build and I'll be back with an application on this post!

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Lief Ebonbough
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Investigator (Lamp Lighter Archetype)
Party Role(s): Skill Monkey, Trap Finder, Social Judo, Guy with a Plan.
Alignment: CG
Picture: To the right!
Physical Description: Lief is a man of average size, being not too tall or broad-shouldered, but he cuts a sharp silhouette, from his stance to the narrowing of his eyes. Dark haired, his human side is quite diluted by elven blood, though hints remain of some kind of planar influence on his human side. He wears dark shirts, a light-colored vest, loose pants and soft-soled leather shoes. He walks with a cane, though he doesn't seem to have any kind of limp. A rapier hangs at his hip, the handle worn but well-kept. He usually smells of flowers and almost always has one on display on his vest.
Personality: Lief is a curious person, but that's not the whole of it. His desire to learn more is tempered by caution, as he's lived long enough to have nearly lost his nose several times for the amount he's been poking it into other's businesses. Still, he feels more driven to poke around into things that might cause others harm, and feels that learning the truth will ultimately do more good than harm. He's not like the stereotypical investigator, in that he isn't terribly rigid in his thinking; instead he tries different approaches and his spontaneity has achieved useful, if unorthodox, perspectives. It's occurred to him to use his skills at finding out information to earn a living, he just doesn't feel drawn to that kind of life; to him, adventuring is where it's at.
Background: Born in Magnimar, Lief's mother is a varisian woman whose mother was an Ifrit, while his father was an elf visiting from Kyonin. They've since moved out of the country, but Lief eventually found himself wandering back to Magnimar, where it felt the most familiar. He's solved some mysteries around the city, had a few adventures, and more than a few close calls, but he always found that in the end the risks he took were worth it.
He actually made a living growing and selling flowers in a little shop near the docks, where he made most of his sales offering bouquets to sailors returning to their home in need of a gift for their partners/sweethearts. He wasn't alone in the business, a pair of widowed old ladies owned the building and garden and he merely contributed his expertise in the matter, since gardening was a hobby he'd picked up from his father back when he was a boy.
Recently, though, the desire to pick up and travel has again started to take him, and he made arrangements to have the shop taken care of. He heard of the Swallowtail festival and has decided to make that his first stop on his next walkabout.
Role-play Example:

Character Sheets:

Traits/Drawback: City Born (campaign), Student of Philosophy (social), Wild Stride: Urban (racial). Drawback is Oppressive Expectations.

Last edited by Runetide; 11-19-2019 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:07 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Tamba Mayfield-Kongalis
Tamba Mayfield-Kongalis

Race: Half Orc
Class: Crossblooded Sorceress (Orc & Draconic Bloodlines)
Party Roles: Face & Magic Blaster
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Traits: Student of Faith (Campaign), Ease of Faith, Convincing Liar
Drawback: Dependent

Physical DescriptionTamba is a tall, curvy woman, owing much to her orcish heritage. In addition to her height, her orc blood also gave her strong facial features, skin the same green as grass and a burning head of hair. Her most distinct feature, however, is a large, blood-red btattoo of a dragon snaking from her right shoulder to her face. She intentionally styles her fiery hair to keep it exposed, proudly showcasing her heritage.

This also carries to her voice. She has a very thick accent, and her low voice rumbles through a room even when she isn't shouting. She's tried elocution lessons, but they've not stuck, and she drops her syllables all of the time. She struggles to keep still wherever she is, with her ink-dot beady eyes darting around looking for something new to peer at, and when she moves she does so wildly and with vigour.

Tamba is used to a much colder climate than most, so finds Sandpoint to be an oppressively warm environment by comparison. As such, she tends to dress lightly, in simple and unrestrictive clothing. However, she does try to take some care with her appearance, so as to always make a good first impression.

PersonalityTamba cuts a strange figure so far away from home, but she didn't fit in too well in her native lands either.

She's an immediate presence in any room she enters, with a wildness in her eyes and a confidence in her stride - she's a playgirl in many ways, with a lust of life flowing through her bones and an infectious sense of fun. In particular, she fancies herself a prankster, and nothing brings her more joy than playing a practical joke on someone. She is excitable, impulsive, and very, very curious. She's an eccentric and a party animal, bursting at the seams with energy, but it never gets in the way of her kind and generous spirit. She tries to make sure that wherever she goes, she's leaves it a better place than she left it, even if by a small margin. How successful at this she's been varies, but her intent is always pure, even if her impulsive nature sometimes leads her to make bad decisions.

Anyone who might see her prankster nature and underestimate her, however, need beware. While she can seem scatter-brained, in reality she's wily, sly and calculating, with a cool head on her shoulders. Her strongest trait, however, is her gift of the gab; she is incredibly comfortable talking to people, and those who aren't the target of her many jokes often find her quite charming. She is a master of the chess game that is conversation, and can flip between friendly, soothing, seductive or terrifying in an instant. Whatever approach she needs to take to get what she wants, she is more than capable. Both a confident diplomat and a convincing liar, she's the sort that can smell someone's personality and immediately use that to her advantage, and she is very rarely flustered or left without words.

Tamba oozes confidence and charisma, and projects both greatly. The reality, however, is that Tamba is incredibly insecure. She has grown up always hearing about how important she will be one day, and how greatness and importance will be thrust upon her. Under the tremendous pressure, Tamba cracked, and she instead downplays her own skills. She'd rather look like a fool than try and fail to be something more. In addition, she feels that she is responsible for the well-being and happiness of everyone around her, and feels especially guilty if she somehow fails to make everyone's day better. Other people not liking her is something she takes very personally. This, along with her more scatter-brained antics, are what hold her back from being the truly great scholar her parents said she would be, or perhaps something truly greater.

Perhaps she is destined for greatness, like she has been told in her past. For now, though, Tamba is simply known as 'that strange prankster', and it is fate that will decide if she is meant for something more than that.

History

Role Play Sample

Sommeir the Eastern Dragon of the DawnSommeir the Eastern Dragon of the Dawn

Alignment Chaotic Neutral
Worshippers Shamans, northern orc tribes
Portfolio Fire, Wisdom, The Sun, Dragons, The Morning, Tricksters
Domains & Subdomains Fire, Trickery, Sun, Luck, Dragon

Sommeir is one of The Four Sisters; her sisters are Kikrik the Northern Mammoth of Sea and Snow, Suf the Southern Bear of the Thunder, and Atgormax the Western Tiger of the Night. Of the four sisters, Sommeir is by far the wildest and most unpredictable. Sometimes depicted as a fiery woman, sometimes as a dragon, she is always seen as a trickster goddess. While she has formidable power, she would rather outwit and humiliate her enemies. However, she is a slave to her whims and has a very bad temper, and is just as likely to save the world as she is to almost doom it. Much like fire itself, she is a giver and destroyer of life, and her worshippers would do well not to displease her.

Last edited by Lentil Sponge; 11-22-2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:20 AM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19303
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Fiery Sensualist
left-aligned image

Name: Daxis Karpathian
Race: Rift-Born Peri-Blooded (Emberkin); Substitute Resist Cold and Acid 5 for Resist Fire 5.Aasimar
Class: Fey Adept; Illusion and Summoning SpheresSolipsist
Party Role: Battlefield Controller, Face (depending on build), Damage.
Alignment: Chaotic-Good
Traits: Innocent (Race), Gifted Adept: Illusion, Outlander: Lore Seeker: Illusion, Trick, Summon.
Drawbacks: Hedonistic
Region: KarpathCustom archipelago that I would add to Golarion with your permission. It would be relatively small and the Shadow Magics that were used to create made them invisible to all outsiders not attuned to its location. I would need your help to locate it on the map so would you have any suggestions?*
Deity: Mahathallah

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daxis Karpathian Avatar.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	82373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kynlyn Purple.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.82 MB
ID:	82376   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aithne Perfect.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	82378  

Last edited by LeoByron; 12-01-2019 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:37 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6615
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
I have updated Percival’s app, he is now a swashbuckler. Other than that he is still mostly the same.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:08 AM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3916
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
Ithoma
What she is
left-aligned image

~~If you curse a curse, is that a blessing?~~

Name: יתומה { Ithoma }
Race: קליגהמן האור { "Caligni of Light" == Caligni with DM-adjusted Crystal Creature TemplateKligaman Aaore }
Class: מוות ויבר { "Death Weaver" == Cryptic: Brutal Disruptor + Pattern Wielder Mo Vibr 1 }

Who she is
I am the symbol of everything my people are not, but once were. My parents were rulers among the dark folk. To me...to me they were always beautiful. There is a purity, a simplicity in their smoothed and indistinct features. We have souls. We have hearts. We did not ask to be Dark Stalkers, but such we were made. We were desperate.

I, though...I can be accepted by the people above. For though I bear on my skin the darkness of my parents, yet my features speak of the inexpressible noble beauty of our ancestors -- The Azlanti. I am their scion.

There are others of my kind. Others who bear the Azlanti blood with pride. It is strange, really...we are both revered and feared. We are considered the greatest of the Dark Folk, and held in esteem as symbols of what was. Yet...yet that very symbolism drives home the morbid truth that the rest of us have become monstrous, murderous, and terrible. The darkness of our flesh speaks of the darkness of soul. And so we, the Caligni -- named after the Azlanti we once were -- are driven away from shame.

I was more than most. I was born on the anniversary of the Earthfall. My flesh bears a blessing and a curse, a symbol of the Starstone itself. The last of the Azlanti converted the Starstone into his vehicle for godhood, and removed the last symbol of our former overlords' power. Pharasma's guidance saved our kind, even though our own faithlessness led to our dark transformation. If I have been chosen to be made a symbol, then I will do all in my power to find the way to reclaim that which was lost.

So...so I rose from the darkness. My blessing let me escape the last hold the darkness had upon me and be the first of my kind to stare unmasked, unshrouded, unashamed...straight into the noonday sun. The same sun that once blessed the eyes of the Azlanti now blessed my eyes again. My features are dark, but my right arm reveals the brightness possible, and the crystal serves as a window to my heart -- as crimson as any Azlanti's ever was. For now...I wander. I seek knowledge, I seek power...I seek acceptance. To shed the horror with which my people are viewed and rejoin the human fold. To live on the surface as one of them, rather than a predator from below. I aim to spread my name far and wide. For now...for now I am just another mortal. Yet, perhaps, I will fulfill my potential and found upon the surface a New Calignus...and break the curse of darkness upon my kin.

What she looks and feels like
right-aligned image

Ithoma is, certainly, a Caligni. She bears the tradition of all Dark Folk by typically wearing wraps of darker hues. These are layered over light, silken ceremonial armor which forms an under-layer. This under-layer includes gloves for her right hand, and forms a tighter skirt beneath her flowing gown, keeping all of her dusk-grey skin concealed. Her left arm, however, is left bare, exposing the nearly-translucent white skin and the crystal formations on her shoulder and forearm. Around each hand she has wrapped crimson ribbons, a slight nod to the old Azlanti love for the color and a departure from her own kind's traditional grey-scale garb. She is tall, standing over six feet, but somewhat willowy...her weight comes from the density of her crystallized anatomy. Were one to see beneath the mask -- itself a simple black veil fastened at all corners to her gown's hood and adorned with three of her own crystals -- they would likely be surprised.

Her features bear the combination of softness, fullness, and refinement that is said to have characterized the Azlanti, specifically those from Calignus. Her ashen hair is long and flowing...and often covers the crystals that line the left side of her cheek and jawline. Her body is mostly flesh, and well proportioned, although her breastbone and lower left ribcage have also crystalized, revealing throught a misty whiteness the organs and bones beneath. The crystals wrap more around her back, thoroughly covering her shoulderblade, spine, and ribcage from that point of view, although still primarily limited to her left side.

She is a rather awkward person. She was raised by some of the most feared humanoids in existence -- ones who terrify even drow, often times. As expected, her social skills are somewhat lacking, made worse by her unusual appearance and garb. She has the ability to disguise herself when absolutely necessary, but her nearly fanatic view of her destiny means that she will never do so normally. She is proud of who she is as well as what she is. For those who can tolerate her brusk and bumbling social behavior, they find someone eagerly seeking to learn how to simply be a normal person. How to exist in a world where her kind has not belonged for thousands of years...where she can find a place to call home. She is incredibly inquisitive, though she often prefers quiet observation to outright questioning...when she does decide to trust someone, they can expect to find curiosity at every instant. Her innate power means that she shuns weaponry, preferring instead her synchronized terror of mind and body weaponized at once. Keenly aware of the stigma upon her kind, she does her best to follow laws and remain on good terms, avoiding conflict when possible. When necessary, she will often attempt to simply defuse a conflict with her rather impressive physical and mental presence alone...but if combat does ensue she sees to it that the fight is brief.

The force that drives her above all, however, is not only the search for a home and a sense of belonging...but a way to lift the transformation from her people so that they too can find what she herself is seeking.

The Roadway
She never tired of the sunlight. Darkness remained her home, but...it was more like a childhood home now. Familiar, comforting, but no longer the place where she truly belonged. She turned her face up to the light as she walked, letting its rays filter through her black veil and seep into her dark skin. Her left arm glistened in the rays, occasionally sending beams of light shooting out like golden arrows. Her footsteps had the settled, comfortable pace of someone used to walking long distances. Feeding off the sunlight made daytime travel much easier...it was as if she was constantly snacking and refueling her body.

Her time at the Abbey had been refreshing. Though some pilgrims shot her long glances, her wraps served their purpose and avoided any major conflict. The ability to worship Pharasma in such a history edifice was quite the respite, however, and gave her time to practice obediences that she rarely had the chance to do. She knew that she did not belong yet...but it was a taste of things to come, she felt. Other worshipers spoke of a festival happening to the south. She had never been to a festival of surface dwellers before, and thought the concept sounded wonderful.

Last edited by Alphaeus; 11-25-2019 at 04:27 PM.