DnD5e Eberron: Rising from the Last War - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 5 4 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-21-2019, 07:36 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 61
ProfoundBeggard
Eberron: Rising from the Last War

Game NameEberron: Rising from the Last War
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemePulp adventures, Noir Intrigue
FlavourExploration, Investigation, Daredevil adventures
Plot SummaryThe basics:

No fixed alignments, creatures including monsters aren't locked in their alignments on Eberron.

There's a place for everything in Eberron but it might not be everywhere. If you are playing an unusual race like one from Volo, you might want to consider how it fits in Eberron, if you need ideas, feel free to ask me.

It's a world full of Magic, everyday magic mixed with science.

The Last War, a century-long conflict between the Kingdom of Galifar and the Five Nations have ended two years ago. As you can imagine, there are many social repercussions with such a conflict.

You are the only heroes. Epic Good Guy is not a common trope of Eberron and many of the powerful good guys can't help literally. The Great Druid is a tree, or the leader of the Silver Flame loses her powers when she leavers her Citadel. It's a world in need of Heroes and you are the ones to do the job.

Gods aren't confirmed to exist, everything is based on Faith.

Common languages of Eberron:

Common, Dwarvish, Elvish, Giant, Gnomish, Goblin, Halfling, Riedran

Exotic languages of Eberron:

Celestial, Daelkyr, Draconic, Infernal, Orc, Primordial, Quori, Sylvan

The Forgotten Relics:

It is the year 998 YK, two years since the Last War, our adventure begins in Sharn, the City of Towers.

Sergeant Germaine Vilroy of the Sharn Watch has invited your characters for a job in the Upper Central Plateau.

Who is Vilroy?

Germaine is a female Brelish human veteran of the Last War. Come up with a positive connection with the veteran.

If you lack ideas, here are some suggestions:

-You served with Germaine during the Last War.
-You have been friends with Germaine since one of you was a child.
-She saved your life
-You saved her life
-You had a friendly chat with Germaine during an airship trip or lightning rail journey.
-Germaine helped you while you were in Sharn or visiting Sharn.

Forgotten Relics is the short introductory adventure to Eberron/Sharn found in Eberron the Rising from the Last war.

Character creation:

Races: The prominent races of the setting are from the PHB and Eberron Rising from the Last War but Eberron has the if it exists in D&D...it exists in Eberron. Note Warforged has been modified since its Wayfinder days.
Level: 1
Abilities: 27 points buy
Class: All Official ones
Starting wealth: As per Class/Background

New Eberron rules that are worth acknowledging:

-Crafting Magic Items, making Common Magic items is widespread and easy in Eberron. Anything above common magic items requires crafting magic items as per rules described in Xanathar Guide to Everything or finding them as treasures. Common magic items have reduced times significantly for crafting and relatively reasonable cost. You just need proficiency in the nonmagical item tools version or acana skill plus a dragonshard.

-Dragonmarked Marks usually replaces racial traits or for some races even subraces. As usual, they are limited by your race except for the Aberrant Dragonmark.

-Spellcasting services, can't find any spellcasting service above 3rd level in most circumstances. Cost above 3rd level are considered unique and requires to consult powerful spellcasters or consulting with a dragonmarked person.

I need to know about your character backstory, how the Last War impacted your character and how they fit in Eberron of course.

I'm looking for four to six players.

Deadline: December 5th

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-21-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7986
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
I love an Eberron game! Posting interest.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:57 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 216
JustcallmeArby JustcallmeArby JustcallmeArby
Posting interest but also a question, what is the expected posting rate?
Old 11-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berith View Post
I love an Eberron game! Posting interest.
Well come and join up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
Application=WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Mortimer
Race: Gnome
Class: Rogue

QuestionsDo you allow multiclssing?
Multiclassing is allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustcallmeArby View Post
Posting interest but also a question, what is the expected posting rate?
Aiming for 3-4 times a week.
Old 11-22-2019, 11:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4174
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Is there a large amount of additional material in the Eberron Rising from the Last War i do not have that source but was curious about what is new?
Old 11-22-2019, 11:52 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredSyn View Post
Is there a large amount of additional material in the Eberron Rising from the Last War i do not have that source but was curious about what is new?
Wouldn't say large amount but let see what is new mechanic wise:

New races:
Changelings, Goblinoids (Bugbear, Goblin, Hobgoblin are playable but of course, they are the eberron goblinoids), Kalashtar, Eberron Orcs, Shifters, Warforged

Technically subraces/alternate racial traits: The various dragonmarks

New Background: House Agent (for anybody who wants to be part of a dragonmarked house)

New Class: Artificer (Subs are Alchemist, Artillerist, and Battle Smith)

Some new magic items/treasures.

New foes/monsters of course.

Most of the book content is for roleplaying in Eberron (like origins of your character or connections to a group patron) or help enhance the roleplaying experience in Eberron. If you are familiar with Keith Baker version of Eberron (the original creator) it's pretty much what you would expect.

Last edited by ProfoundBeggard; 11-22-2019 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Arjhan Fireborn

right-aligned image

Name: Arjhan Fireborn
Race: Half -Elf
Class: Sorceror (Draconic)
Alignment: CG
Background: Haunted One
Personality:
Personality Traits: I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized.
Ideal: I kill monsters to make the world a safer place, and to exorcise my own demons. (Good)
Bond: I would sacrifice my life and my soul to protect the innocent.
Flaw: I feel no compassion for the dead. They’re the lucky ones.
Description: Arjhan is average in almost every way standing an average height and build. If anything he is lighter than the average person his size. While not sickly he is not a strong young man by any means. Most of his time during his youth spent focusing on controlling his budding abilities. While his stature is purely average his hair is a blonde almost orange in coloration, with amber eyes and strong facial features.

Germaine Connections:
-You saved her life

Last edited by JaredSyn; 11-22-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:47 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Arjhan Fireborn

right-aligned image

Name: Arjhan Fireborn
Race: Half -Elf
Class: Sorceror (Draconic)
Alignment: CG
Background: Haunted One
Personality:
Personality Traits: I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized.
Ideal: I kill monsters to make the world a safer place, and to exorcise my own demons. (Good)
Bond: I would sacrifice my life and my soul to protect the innocent.
Flaw: I feel no compassion for the dead. They’re the lucky ones.
Description: Arjhan is average in almost every way standing an average height and build. If anything he is lighter than the average person his size. While not sickly he is not a strong young man by any means. Most of his time during his youth spent focusing on controlling his budding abilities. While his stature is purely average his hair is a blonde almost orange in coloration, with amber eyes and strong facial features.

Germaine Connections:
-You saved her life
Growing with Germaine going to assume that you are Brelish (easier to think that in Eberron most people have a stronger alliance to their Nation than what race they are). You went with the route of Half-elf with different parents, in Eberron most of the Half-elves have become their own major culture, the Khoravar and half-elves even have two dragonmarked houses. House Lyrandar with the Mark of the Storm control sailing ships, flying ships and even use their mark to bring the rain to the farmlands.

You grew up in a Human dominated village, which works for small villages of course but should be interesting when you run into the various Khoravar of Eberron and of course coming to Sharn.

Sharn the city of Tower is ridiculously cosmopolitan and "monsters" are everywhere. You can find Gargoyles serving as messengers/couriers or run into ogres walking down the streets going on about their everyday business. Just something to consider with your slayer of monsters angle.

Just some tidbits that you might find useful.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I can adjust the background if need be. What race is Germaine. I went the half elf in a human village because of primarily. Yes I am certain he will be in awe upon arriving at Sharn and probably ask after Germaine k owing she is there. I do not see him being dragon marked. His father was elven with some drcaonic heritage hence how he acquired his power. If you want me to actually change anything just let me know and I will.
Old 11-23-2019, 10:30 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
I can adjust the background if need be. What race is Germaine. I went the half elf in a human village because of primarily. Yes I am certain he will be in awe upon arriving at Sharn and probably ask after Germaine k owing she is there. I do not see him being dragon marked. His father was elven with some drcaonic heritage hence how he acquired his power. If you want me to actually change anything just let me know and I will.
It's fine, I was just providing more lore of the setting, as Eberron can be a little different compared to the usual fantasy settings. As mentioned in the introduction, she is a female human and she is Brelish (from Breland).
Old 11-23-2019, 11:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
OKgreat so him growing up among humans works as well as them being friends and at some point testing more. I imagine it was just they were so young, I picture him still having some feelings for her though that could possibly explored in game. Entirely up to you. Of course she would not be familiar with his new look LOL.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53
fancyjellyfish
KadeName: Kade
Race: Halfling
Class: Warlock (Celestial)
Alignment: NG
Background: Folk Hero
Personality:

Personality Traits: If someone is in trouble I am always willing to lend help.
Ideal: No one should ever pay for their crimes with their life.
Bond: I have a girl back home, I hope I can see her again.
Flaw: I am incredibly conscious of the fact that I have no dragon mark and I am incredibly ashamed of it.
My patron is far more sinister than I believe them to be.
Description: Kade is a quiet halfling who stands at exactly 3'. Skinny by halfling standards but you wouldn't know it by the way he bundles for warmth. Kade is always under at least two layers and a fur-lined hood but poking out of that hood is a button nose, pursed lips, and anxious eyes.

Germaine Connection: recruited by Germaine at the end of the war.

One thing I had in mind was that his warlock pact makes him cold-blooded, I don't know if that's enough of a detriment. What do you think?
Old 11-23-2019, 07:33 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyjellyfish View Post
KadeName: Kade
Race: Halfling
Class: Warlock (Celestial)
Alignment: NG
Background: Folk Hero
Personality:

Personality Traits: If someone is in trouble I am always willing to lend help.
Ideal: No one should ever pay for their crimes with their life.
Bond: I have a girl back home, I hope I can see her again.
Flaw: I am incredibly conscious of the fact that I have no dragon mark and I am incredibly ashamed of it.
My patron is far more sinister than I believe them to be.
Description: Kade is a quiet halfling who stands at exactly 3'. Skinny by halfling standards but you wouldn't know it by the way he bundles for warmth. Kade is always under at least two layers and a fur-lined hood but poking out of that hood is a button nose, pursed lips, and anxious eyes.

Germaine Connection: recruited by Germaine at the end of the war.

One thing I had in mind was that his warlock pact makes him cold-blooded, I don't know if that's enough of a detriment. What do you think?
Well if you want a strong connection with Eberron using the warlock pact, with the gods not interacting as much in Eberron, the usual patron is a celestial entity, each patron has a different focus depending on where they are from.

An ancient Coualt let say Hezcalipa, for example, might seek someone to fight the rising darkness, granting you abilities similar to the Silver Flame and not trusting the modern Silver Flame church.

But yeah angels, archons from crusaders hunting fiends or scholars from The Azure Sky.

The pact with a celestial patron will usually not be too bad when it comes to the terms. Something like shouting your patron name when you use eldritch invocation is most likely the case.
Old 11-23-2019, 07:46 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6472
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
I do love a good Eberron game;

Question: is the Artificer in Rising From the last war different to this? Artificer link
Old 11-23-2019, 07:54 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ProfoundBeggard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatere View Post
I do love a good Eberron game;

Question: is the Artificer in Rising From the last war different to this? Artificer link
yeah, it's different. There are some changes a bit too long to list since the playtest.