... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 11-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1793
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
The Coffers of Ravenholm

Game NameThe Coffers of Ravenholm
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeThe greatest crossover event of history.
FlavourSuspense, black comedy, insanity, and enough ham to wash that turkey taste out.
Plot SummarySomewhere, deep in the dizzying underbelly of Sigil, three figures sat around a table. Well, two figures and the holographic display of the third. It would have been impossible to fit a dragon into this small room after all. These three members were the owners of the Silver Sea Salvage Company, a small but up and coming salvage and resale operation that had come into existence just a few years ago, and they were currently in discussions of a new proposal brought forth...one that seemed just as insane as it was profitable.

“So, let me see if I have this straight…” Mala Darkthorn, a Dark Elandrian dressed in tight leather who also served as the Company’s hands-on operating manager, finally broke the tense silence. “You want us to send a crew to bloody Ravenholm of all places?”

Gibitz Bolt, the crazed goblin who had brought up the idea, nodded excitedly as he rubbed his greasy hands together. “Yes, yes exactly! Ravenholm was a massive mining operation, think of all the gear that is left there! And not to mention raw ore….”

“Emphasis on was, Gibitz.” Mala cut in, the tone in her voice betraying her desire to drag her business partner back home to Commorragh and make a new corset out of his skin. “You know what happened in Ravenholm. EVERYONE knows what happened in Ravenholm.”

“Bah, that was years ago. And now, Vectron be praised, there is just a pile of salvage waiting for someone to come and pick it up.” Gibitz responded, his maniacal grin growing even wider. “Now, I’m not saying we send our own staff in there. Vectron knows what terrible things might have moved in as well in that time. But there are plenty of berks in Sigil looking for a quick score.”

Mala rubbed the center of her forehead, feeling a migraine impending. Before she could say another word though, the third and most prominent member of the Company’s ownership spoke up. “There is much potential for profit in this plan, especially if we enlist the use of mercenaries.” Sprague, the silver dragon and primary financial backer of the company, finally spoke up. Sprague was young by dragonic standards, and more willing to take risk than others of their kind. “We will simply pay them after the job is complete, and if they fail we will not be out anything other than the initial costs of fuel and bribes.”

The operating manager sighed, her shoulders slumping as she realized she was outvoted. Before Gibitz could go on about another rant in praise of his chosen deity, Mala turned and walked towards the exit. “Very well, I’ll get together a pilot and find some desperate fools. This better work Gib, or else.”

The story of Ravenholm is one of many tales as to why people should stay away from the Crystal Sphere of Pandemonium. An attempted mining operation that was shut down after the entire place was violently massacred, then the same thing happening to the research team sent to investigate why. Why in any gods’ name the Silver Sea Salvage Company would be wanting someone to go there is beyond you, but they are. And for whatever reason, either the need of gold or just need to get away, you agreed to join up. Luckily though, you aren’t just another band of mercenaries. Oh no, you are Heroes, all touched by Fate in your own particular ways. Either you will succeed where others have failed, or you will fail so colossily your names will be remembered throughout all of time. Only one way to find out, berk.

Greetings and salutations, fellow gamers. As we approach the holiday season, especially Turkey Day here in the US, the concept of pure excess abounds. And what is more excessive, my fellow RGPXers, then the Turducken of RPGs; the strange golem that was, as the author themselves wrote, “a monster made from the corpses of a dozen roleplaying games, animated by a vital spark that knows only darkness and terror.” That’s right people places and things, I’m talking about Dungeons The Dragoning 40,000 (7th.6 Edition). It is a wondrous, beautiful but horrible thing, terrible in all senses and definitions of the word. And so, from its ancient slumber, I summon it once again, and call forth any gamer willing to cast their lot into this void to join for a game.

The actual books (PDFs but whatever) can be most easily found on the game’s 1d4chan article here. You will only need the Core Rulebook, but anything from Book 2 will be allowed as well. As far as the supposedly defunct Book 3 goes, the Races are given the go-ahead but anything else is case-by-case. Some of the things get a little OP, as is the risk with community made content for a fanmade game.

There is currently no set closure date, but I will give more than enough notice once I have one.

Application DetailsWe will be making brand new level one characters, as per the Character Creation rules in Chapter 2.

Name: Go ham, folks.
Race: As previously stated, The Book of Races from Book 3 is allowed in addition to any race from Books 1 or 2.
Exaltation: Keep this in mind for your Background
Starting Class: This too.
Personality: What makes your berk tick?
Description: Pictures are nice, but text is required.
Background: Your history and backstory, not the mechanical Background stat.
Theme Song: I’m a multimedia gal. Tell me what song should play in the background whenever your Hero does awesome Hero things.

Last edited by MaximumUnicorn; 11-23-2019 at 02:17 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 02:11 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
FAQ

Applicants

To be determined....

Last edited by MaximumUnicorn; 11-23-2019 at 11:41 PM.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4526
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
That system looks like an awful mess... which could be great fun! How serious is this game meant to be? And how many posts a week are we looking at?
Old 11-23-2019, 11:42 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
@Sage: "Awful fun mess" about surmises my experiences with this system. I'm going to say this game is going to be about 60-70% serious. I'm in it to have fun with a wacky system that allows for some off-the-wall meetings that other systems don't.

As far as post rate, I'm looking at a good 1/week, maybe 2 on a good week.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:42 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4526
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
If I can think of something i will throw my hat on the ring. Can only really do one post a week though. Unless i am lucky. Reading the book now.
Old 11-27-2019, 03:03 AM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds great Sage, look forward to seeing what you have in mind.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:43 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Alysm
In the spirit of wild ideas my quick skim of books 1 + 2 put me in the mood to play a vampiric Kobold with just as much starting wealth and spending power as is mechanically possible. Not planning to skimp on holdings or followers either, though the question would be whether she gallivants around in a mech built out of the vehicle section or helms an impressive star ship. Likely a very un-combat oriented character that could benefit from having beefier exalts around.
Old 11-28-2019, 07:50 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66
WeBeGoblins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysm View Post
In the spirit of wild ideas my quick skim of books 1 + 2 put me in the mood to play a vampiric Kobold with just as much starting wealth and spending power as is mechanically possible. Not planning to skimp on holdings or followers either, though the question would be whether she gallivants around in a mech built out of the vehicle section or helms an impressive star ship. Likely a very un-combat oriented character that could benefit from having beefier exalts around.
...apparently I need to read these books. That sounds amazing.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:18 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeGoblins View Post
...apparently I need to read these books. That sounds amazing.
It's the sort of system that allows one to play a gun-slinging tri-kreen sheriff with the soul of a dragon.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:20 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
WeBeGoblins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alysm View Post
It's the sort of system that allows one to play a gun-slinging tri-kreen sheriff with the soul of a dragon.
Yeah, no kidding! I don't know how I haven't heard of this game. I have so many ideas reading through this book.
Old 11-29-2019, 12:32 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Definitely. So far as my own goes I'm leaning hard into being the money behind the venture (Wealth 5, holdings, followers, peers, etc.) and a Face. The only real question being how ready the rest of the party / GM are to suffer the fiddly bits of ship mechanics. That being more or less the deciding factor on whether she'll be captain of a Kobold crewed ship that serves as the party's base or sitting in the seat of her own personal Guymelef. It's a question of interest and scale.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:26 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
WeBeGoblins
My only complaint is that I want a ship too. :P

Really though, it sounds like a good time to me.

Last edited by WeBeGoblins; 11-29-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:37 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBeGoblins View Post
My only complaint is that I want a ship too. :P

Really though, it sounds like a good time to me.
Why not both? I could have the great big battleship that serves as a hub and you could have a sleeker specialized vessel. Choosing a smaller hull and relegating things you might want to mine (Like diplomat quarters and the like) could make for a very, very interesting dynamic.

Alternatively you could have a ship and I could run with a mech or vice versa. Escaflowne meets the Enterprise.
Old 11-29-2019, 01:48 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
WeBeGoblins
I'm having a hard enough time figuring out what I even want to play; adding a ship to the mix isn't gonna' make it any easier. Haha.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:19 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Well let me know if you want to collaborate on an idea.