... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 12-02-2019, 01:32 PM
Slightlystitious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1014
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Thinking out loud...

My concept for Voyager makes her a bit of a tabula rasa, which is making Backgrounds in particular a bit interesting. I'm planning to assert that she "inherited" the mining skiff whose captain she decapitated. So, that would gives us another small ship to play with, if she joins the game.
Old 12-03-2019, 01:38 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66
WeBeGoblins
Finally got away from work long enough to ask a question re: vehicles (or I suppose anything background related). Say I want to build a vehicle, but conceptually speaking it isn't something that's just been built or purchased; since all backgrounds cost the same, could I spend X amount in a background more suited to the flavor of what I might want to build? I don't know to what extent you're okay with reflavoring things, and while I know this is a very "out there" game I figure it's wise to ask before I do something like that.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:43 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82
Alysm
Cool, I've been delving into that section of the book myself. A few things to keep in mind about vehicles and backgrounds:

As written background dots can't raise a background above 3. Rating of 4 and 5 must be bought via xp, and cost double (100xp each).

Holdings require resources to support, demanding dots equal to their own rating from either Wealth, Followers or Backing.

Vehicles/Ships -can- be bought, upgraded and improved during play using And I plan to be as wealthy as the system allows. Able to make Mythic Rare tests without straining my resources...wealth tests. And downtime passes as quickly as it takes the DM to say 'one month later.'

Vehicles also suffer the added complication of facing, and so far as I can tell most move like rocket-powered You MUST move on your turn unless at a dead stop (which has its own penalties). And move along or diagonally to the cardinal direction you're facing. (Some drives have more options.) Crashing is also fairly deadly.chess pawns.

Last edited by Alysm; 12-03-2019 at 11:46 AM.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:27 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 232
gwythion gwythion gwythion
So I'm writing up a Yuma Daemonhost. But I want to check in while the personality is still fluid, will daemonic pursuit of lust and hunger take this game in directions you don't want to go?
Old 12-03-2019, 04:33 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
WideningGyre WideningGyre
I've tweaked Anara's background a little, tidied up around the place, added some music, and picked my starting gear package. Technically, I still have two major contacts to work out, but I imagine that's the sort of thing to discuss when and if I'm actually selected for the game.

There's also 100 XP still unspent. I may or may not cash that in before game start.

In any case, for the purposes of evaluating whether you want the character in your chronicle, Anara's application can be probably be considered ready to go.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:55 AM
Slightlystitious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1014
auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie auntmousie
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntmousie View Post
Thinking out loud...

My concept for Voyager makes her a bit of a tabula rasa, which is making Backgrounds in particular a bit interesting. I'm planning to assert that she "inherited" the mining skiff whose captain she decapitated. So, that would gives us another small ship to play with, if she joins the game.
So, yeah, I trashed the ship, both in and out of character. Since I needed the wealth to support it, and never learned how to fly OR command a ship, I decided that my character would have liquidated it in every sense.

Voyager is hereby submitted.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:35 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 232
gwythion gwythion gwythion
Vivian

left-aligned image
Application - WIP

Name: Vivian

Race: Youma

Exaltation: Daemonhost

Starting Class: Apprentice

Personality:

Very inquisitive and hungry for knowledge. Also hungry for new experiences, power, wealth, pleasure. And food, drink, intoxicating substances.

Doesn’t really manipulate people just for the sake of manipulating them, but isn’t hesitant to do so if there’s a reason. Generally friendly, not really interested in risking themselves for others, but quite willing to take risks for other reasons, such as satisfying their many hungers. Not a good person, but not evil either; feeds off of sins but not maliciously, views it as a fun game, and anyway… people tempted into sin aren't really doing anything they don’t want to.

Description:

As a Youma, can be anything; but favors an androgynously beautiful human form. Quite happy to take many different forms, and does, but also understands the value of having a recognizable form with a good reputation and connections, resulting in the androgynous sorceror beginning to be known around the Wheel, especially within the Signers.

Tells:

No horns, but tattoos, not extensive yet and still easy to cover. Heavy clothing is unnecessary now, but wearing it now will make it less remarkable later, when the tattoos grow and become harder to hide.

Personhood:

A fusion of a creature to whom gender is a whim, and a creature to whom gender is irrelevant. They are two beings, but two beings in love and in harmony; one darker, the other more whimsical, but in love with each other and enjoying life together immensely. They are in close enough harmony to seem like one person all the time, especially externally, but they do occasionally disagree.

Theme Song: Working on it.

Background:

Vivian snaps awake. It's been months since they dreamed of that day. It was a very sad day, but the memory now has an element of joy to it. That day marked the beginning of freedom. The Materium was fun, the great, endless city of the Wheel fascinating in its variety, every day different and special. Full of secrets, never boring, the perfect place to live a full life and accrue secret knowledge and magical power. They'd discovered that Court Wizard or not, magical power and secret knowledge were delicious.

They realized it was the anniversary. A year since leaving the Umbra. Is that why the dream came? They'd come a long way, in a year. Their curiosity had led them to explore a variety of the factions, for brief days in different forms, but they found the Sign of One to have the right answer to life. They realized it was just as well they pretend to be human, and that had worked out well. Nobody ever asked, so they never had to lie about it, which was nice. They were careful to keep their hungers sated quietly. They had done well, even taken a little training and passed the Sanctioned Sorcerer exam, just passed two? or three? days ago. The drunken revelry with their handful of classmates had blurred the time. They recalled the final exam, an hours-long interview with a fearsome Examiner, at the end of which they had almost let slip their secret. A chilling moment.

It wasn't until the next day that Vivian learned the results. They'd resisted the urge to look in the examiner's thoughts, for if detected this would have ruined everything. Summoned to a ceremony before their fellow Signers, Vivian and the other three recently examined magicians were granted titles and badges. Sanctioned Sorcerers, and Factors of the Sign of One.

The next two days were a blur of drinking and dancing and celebrating. This was the morning after. Vivian checked, and found that the two very important badges were still where they should be. A sigh of relief completed a lovely morning; compounding the self-satisfaction of the perfect hangover cure. (Just a quick step into the Umbra, and back.)

Crunch

Last edited by gwythion; 12-07-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Old 12-05-2019, 02:45 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Just putting everything in place now that I've got it mapped out. Shooting for sunday or before to have it done.
Fluff
Appearance.

Crunch

Last edited by Alysm; 12-09-2019 at 05:26 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4626
sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart sageheart
Sorry been too busy to really focus on this. I dont think I can make an application but this game does look awesome and wish you the best of luck!
Old 12-09-2019, 04:53 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Alysm
Ended up with less time to myself today than I'd of wanted but enough to get deep into the guts of building a vehicle. Enough to know I don't want to actually have one (They're many orders of magnitude more powerful than a 5th level party on their own. Throwing a rock-tunneling fighter jet with optical camouflage into a 1rst level encounter is more of a munchkin move than I can muster.) So instead I'm opting for a bit of a rewrite as I drift away from my initial concept and move towards a sort of Surgeon-of-Fortune. A medical mercenary that comes calling when the Ventrue's blood-debts come due or some chromed out cutter decides to skip a few too many payments on his latest aug.
Old Yesterday, 12:43 AM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1893
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Sorry if I've seemed a bit distant over the past week, between work and working out some computer issues I've been limited to my phone a lot. But I am still here and I am happy to see what I've been seeing.

gwythion : In regards to your earlier question, I'm fine with it, so long as you behave yourself in regards to the site rules and your fellow players. This system is built around tropes, and so the more we have the more fun they can be. Be warned though, (and this goes for everyone) I will take advantage of any character flaw you present and use it for subplots.

Alysm: Yeah, in hindsight I should have said "No Vehicles", but I didn't because I didn't want to remove the chance for a player to own a motorcycle a la Kamen Rider or something. New concept sounds fun though, kind of a "Repo! The Genetic Opera" vibe.
Old Yesterday, 01:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 66
WeBeGoblins
It turns out I'm working almost every day this month, and the handful of days I'm not working are days spent at the airport or in airplanes for work. So free time has been sparse. That said, I'm thinkin' this party needs a werewolf, and I think I've settled on a full concept. I'll be piecing together fluff and crunch over the coming days and will hopefully have something up by the end of the week!