OOC Notes, Revenge Plans, Vitriol - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > The Witch is Dead, Volume I
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Sure, I'll take the shmuck bait- what's the worst that could happen ?
Let's find out! Meet or beat an 8 Sly to creep up undetected.
Old Nov 5th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
WELP

Looks like we're going to see what "the worst" entails. Good lord Beau, get your life together!

I'm assuming that's another point of danger?
Old Nov 5th, 2020, 04:56 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Here's the outcome of Brie's Clever roll.

We'll know what happens as a result of Beau's Sly roll later tonight.
Old Nov 6th, 2020, 12:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Oh nooooo
I rolled so poorly for Brijida. Hahahahah
3 to recognize the goose
And 3 to sneak
Hahahah
Old Nov 6th, 2020, 08:11 AM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
My apologies - I was so excited to post the results of Beau's investigation that I didn't allow enough time for everyone else to say what they were up to. To keep things from getting too muddy in the game thread, I've simply edited the original posts to include the results of lydklein's rolls.

So, here we find that Brie recognizes Bart's honk and Brijida does not.

And here we see Beau fail to be sneaky by stepping on a crunchy twig, which has now been compounded by Brijida yelping in surprise.

Now that the baddies clearly know they're being spied on, and Brie has warned the group of Bart's presence, I think we can forego any additional Sly/Clever rolls to investigate the scene.

As it stands now, Beau and Brijida are positioned near the clearing, and all the other Familiars are still on the Deer Path, nearby. There is one human running directly toward Beau and Brijida; Bart and the remaining humans are retreating "away to Summitstone, and [their] Master." They are currently crashing through the woods in the general direction of the Forest Road. The mob's current trajectory will see them pass by the Familiars at a safe distance.

Last edited by Mallothi; Nov 6th, 2020 at 08:13 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2020, 11:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Don't mind me, I'm just casually playing off my failed roll as being part of my plan all along .

Edit: aaaaaand casually slipping back into a failed roll again. Yay consistensy!

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Nov 6th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 06:45 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Hello, critters! It looks like the group needs to reach a consensus before we can proceed.

To clarify what's going on: Only one of the Witch-Hunter's lackeys is actively pursuing the Familiars (Beau & Brijida). Bart and the remaining 5 men are crashing through the woods, presumably toward the Forest Road. Their current heading will lead them past the Familiars without incident. Bart has commanded the men to return to Summitstone, where the Witch-Hunter awaits their return.

So far, two courses of action have been suggested (these are not mutually exclusive):
  1. Brie, recognizing Bart's telltale honk, bids the group flee.
  2. Beau, in squeakish (rat), tells Brie to save the goblins while she and the rest of the Familiars draw Bart and his men away.
The clearing is only a few hundred yards away from the Deer Path, so it's safe to assume that all the Familiars can hear one another (they may need to shout, depending on relative position).

Feel free to come up with your game plan OOC, if that's most convenient.

Thanks, all!
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 07:09 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40390
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
If the other familiars insist that the goblins are to be rescued and refuse to flee as the black rat has wisely asked them to do, Brie will propose (or even act accordingly without proposing it) that he distracts/confuses their pursuer with his magic, while the rest save the goblins.

He thinks of casting a „mirror image“-like spell that will create many illusory Beaus or/and Brijidas that will hopefully confuse the soldier.

Brie would have magically imitated Old Bart‘s voice to order the soldier to stop pursuing the animals and visit some other place instead (the bridge?) but I am not sure what language the goose is using to communicate with the soldiers. Human-speech or the tongue of the familiars?

Anyway, that‘s how Brie sees things.

I (he probably less) am open to suggestions and other ideas.
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 07:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
I will work on my post tomorrow as I have a question and a possible suggestion.

Who has the higher sneak/sly? Mine is 1. Anybody have 2 or more?

Am thinking if there is they could hide and then sneak back around and rescue the goblins.
Especially since Brijida has already been spotted.

Thoughts on that?
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
Brie would have magically imitated Old Bart‘s voice to order the soldier to stop pursuing the animals and visit some other place instead (the bridge?) but I am not sure what language the goose is using to communicate with the soldiers. Human-speech or the tongue of the familiars?
Bart is speaking a "half-human, half-animal dialect not unlike the familiar's shared language" (here's the original post). It will be a DC 8 Sly to magically imitate Bart's voice. Remember: using magic is always dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
Who has the higher sneak/sly? Mine is 1. Anybody have 2 or more?
According to the rules, rats & hares are S2, cats are S3. (Aside: I find it funny that foxes are only S1, given the old "sly as a fox" idiom, but *shrug*).
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I agree with that. But i will take clever
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 01:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Ok, I put up the tiniest post, but I didn't know what else I could do and I have helped hold up the game long enough for my part. I just grabbed the Sweet Rat and ran.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 08:15 AM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Quote:
I agree with that. But i will take clever
I'd love to swap Ernest's Sly for Brijida's clever - never been the roguish type. Though it has been fun to make the old cat oblivious to the ways of humans.
--
Sorry for the sluggishness, work has been ramping up again.
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I just grabbed the Sweet Rat and ran.
Much obliged! Though I did first look up whether rats have a scruff. Apparently they do, so you didn't chomp down on Beau's vertebrae by accident. So that's a good thing !
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hahahah
She would have been careful and maternal-like