OOC Notes, Revenge Plans, Vitriol - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > The Witch is Dead, Volume I
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Nov 5th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Sure, I'll take the shmuck bait- what's the worst that could happen ?
Let's find out! Meet or beat an 8 Sly to creep up undetected.
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG
  #137  
Old Nov 5th, 2020, 01:57 PM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 7,179
WELP

Looks like we're going to see what "the worst" entails. Good lord Beau, get your life together!

I'm assuming that's another point of danger?
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel
  #138  
Old Nov 5th, 2020, 04:56 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
Here's the outcome of Brie's Clever roll.

We'll know what happens as a result of Beau's Sly roll later tonight.
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG
  #139  
Old Nov 6th, 2020, 12:22 AM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Oh nooooo
I rolled so poorly for Brijida. Hahahahah
3 to recognize the goose
And 3 to sneak
Hahahah
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
  #140  
Old Nov 6th, 2020, 08:11 AM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
My apologies - I was so excited to post the results of Beau's investigation that I didn't allow enough time for everyone else to say what they were up to. To keep things from getting too muddy in the game thread, I've simply edited the original posts to include the results of lydklein's rolls.

So, here we find that Brie recognizes Bart's honk and Brijida does not.

And here we see Beau fail to be sneaky by stepping on a crunchy twig, which has now been compounded by Brijida yelping in surprise.

Now that the baddies clearly know they're being spied on, and Brie has warned the group of Bart's presence, I think we can forego any additional Sly/Clever rolls to investigate the scene.

As it stands now, Beau and Brijida are positioned near the clearing, and all the other Familiars are still on the Deer Path, nearby. There is one human running directly toward Beau and Brijida; Bart and the remaining humans are retreating "away to Summitstone, and [their] Master." They are currently crashing through the woods in the general direction of the Forest Road. The mob's current trajectory will see them pass by the Familiars at a safe distance.
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG

Last edited by Mallothi; Nov 6th, 2020 at 08:13 AM.
  #141  
Old Nov 6th, 2020, 11:50 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 7,179
Don't mind me, I'm just casually playing off my failed roll as being part of my plan all along .

Edit: aaaaaand casually slipping back into a failed roll again. Yay consistensy!
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Nov 6th, 2020 at 11:53 AM.
  #142  
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 06:45 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
Hello, critters! It looks like the group needs to reach a consensus before we can proceed.

To clarify what's going on: Only one of the Witch-Hunter's lackeys is actively pursuing the Familiars (Beau & Brijida). Bart and the remaining 5 men are crashing through the woods, presumably toward the Forest Road. Their current heading will lead them past the Familiars without incident. Bart has commanded the men to return to Summitstone, where the Witch-Hunter awaits their return.

So far, two courses of action have been suggested (these are not mutually exclusive):
  1. Brie, recognizing Bart's telltale honk, bids the group flee.
  2. Beau, in squeakish (rat), tells Brie to save the goblins while she and the rest of the Familiars draw Bart and his men away.
The clearing is only a few hundred yards away from the Deer Path, so it's safe to assume that all the Familiars can hear one another (they may need to shout, depending on relative position).

Feel free to come up with your game plan OOC, if that's most convenient.

Thanks, all!
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG
  #143  
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 07:09 PM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is online now
Astinus in disguise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 40390
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 9,302
If the other familiars insist that the goblins are to be rescued and refuse to flee as the black rat has wisely asked them to do, Brie will propose (or even act accordingly without proposing it) that he distracts/confuses their pursuer with his magic, while the rest save the goblins.

He thinks of casting a „mirror image“-like spell that will create many illusory Beaus or/and Brijidas that will hopefully confuse the soldier.

Brie would have magically imitated Old Bart‘s voice to order the soldier to stop pursuing the animals and visit some other place instead (the bridge?) but I am not sure what language the goose is using to communicate with the soldiers. Human-speech or the tongue of the familiars?

Anyway, that‘s how Brie sees things.

I (he probably less) am open to suggestions and other ideas.
__________________
He/Him - I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Running Dragons of a Broken World: A Dragonlance (Age of Mortals) 5e DnD campaign
  #144  
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 07:13 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
I will work on my post tomorrow as I have a question and a possible suggestion.


Who has the higher sneak/sly? Mine is 1. Anybody have 2 or more?

Am thinking if there is they could hide and then sneak back around and rescue the goblins.
Especially since Brijida has already been spotted.

Thoughts on that?
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
  #145  
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
Brie would have magically imitated Old Bart‘s voice to order the soldier to stop pursuing the animals and visit some other place instead (the bridge?) but I am not sure what language the goose is using to communicate with the soldiers. Human-speech or the tongue of the familiars?
Bart is speaking a "half-human, half-animal dialect not unlike the familiar's shared language" (here's the original post). It will be a DC 8 Sly to magically imitate Bart's voice. Remember: using magic is always dangerous.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
Who has the higher sneak/sly? Mine is 1. Anybody have 2 or more?
According to the rules, rats & hares are S2, cats are S3. (Aside: I find it funny that foxes are only S1, given the old "sly as a fox" idiom, but *shrug*).
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG
  #146  
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 10:11 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
I agree with that. But i will take clever
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
  #147  
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 01:37 AM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Ok, I put up the tiniest post, but I didn't know what else I could do and I have helped hold up the game long enough for my part. I just grabbed the Sweet Rat and ran.
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
  #148  
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 08:15 AM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is offline
Give it another go
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 15th, 2024
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 9,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
I agree with that. But i will take clever
I'd love to swap Ernest's Sly for Brijida's clever - never been the roguish type. Though it has been fun to make the old cat oblivious to the ways of humans.
--
Sorry for the sluggishness, work has been ramping up again.
__________________
(he/they) | Status: I'm here I think | Post status: halted
  #149  
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 09:35 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 7,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
I just grabbed the Sweet Rat and ran.
Much obliged! Though I did first look up whether rats have a scruff. Apparently they do, so you didn't chomp down on Beau's vertebrae by accident. So that's a good thing !
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel
  #150  
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 03:17 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Hahahah
She would have been careful and maternal-like
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB