OOC Notes, Revenge Plans, Vitriol - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > The Witch is Dead, Volume I
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Sep 28th, 2020, 09:49 AM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Re:Animal LifeThe image I have of Ernest is that of a mix of being indoor/outdoor with a preference towards being inside. He's lived the outside life and has enjoyed the new-found comfort of a shelve in the mainroom by a window that only has a few remaining tomes on it since he claimed it as his spot

I imagine his attitude towards the others is very cat-like where the old tom holds an un-warranted air of superiority but will lend a hand and participate where needed as it is the 'gentleman thing to do.' When it comes to the rodents he holds his more primal urges at bay for it would be down-right stupid of him to betray the mistress who took him in. Fetching components from the higher shelves and keeping most of the workspaces uncluttered would've likely been his task.

Re:ToneI believe the difference mainly comes from f2f vs pbp. I can guarantee you if I were to take this (which I've been considering) to my weekly f2f session to play it would be a madhouse.

Personally I'm a fan of 'serious to crazy' instead of 'crazy to crazier' or 'crazy to serious'

As it develops the 'at any cost' type thinking can probably give way to absurdities and hilarious situations.

Last edited by Retry; Sep 28th, 2020 at 02:23 PM. Reason: OOF those typos! :eek:
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 02:09 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
Oh don't worry. Im sure we will get to the silly campy side of our characters. Hahahah

Just stretching our creative muscles, im sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry View Post
Personally I'm a fan of 'serious to crazy' instead of 'crazy to crazier' or 'crazy to serious'

As it developes the 'at any cost' type thinking can probably give way to absurdities and haliarious situations.
Agreed & well said!
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 03:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Ok, I have been researching fox calls and other vocalizations and wow! Hahahaha

I promise Brijida will not be quite so... THIS. Unless, you need her to be
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 04:15 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
@Mallothi- Do I need to roll for Magic? And to carry a book in my mouth, do I roll D10+ Fierce rating?
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 04:43 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
@All: Whoa! That's some rapid-fire posting! Sorry to stomp on your last entry, lydklein. I'm going to try to reconcile all three posts (me, lydklein, Retry) before we move on. Hang tight; I'll post again when I'm done.

@lydklein: I am hereby amending the rules on magic to say that performing your spell in the course of your at-home duties (e.g. lighting a fire in the cottage) is not dangerous, and will require no rolls. It wouldn't really be a useful trick if there was constant danger of burning the joint down.

@lydklein: Yup, that's exactly how to roll that one. Your jaws are bigger than a cat's, so let's call it a DC 6 for Brijida.

Last edited by Mallothi; Sep 28th, 2020 at 04:44 PM.
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 05:00 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, all good to continue in the game thread. I think I've sorted out the sequence of events in a way that preserves everyone's intent.
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 06:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome. I would like to try to see if Brijida has ever seen what Abigail's (main?) spell book looks like.
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 07:07 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Abigail’s main spell book (grimoire) is an encyclopedia-sized tome bound in leather dyed purple, stuffed with scraps of parchment and vellum. The book includes hastily scribbled spells, recipes, and diary entries. The two books that Ernest dropped look almost the same, except for the colors of the covers - one is purple and one is blue.

Cue frantic Google search: “Are cats/rats/foxes/rabbits colorblind?”

Last edited by Mallothi; Sep 28th, 2020 at 07:08 PM.
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 08:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hahahaha!
Ok then. Whether they are of not, one of us has the book.
Old Sep 28th, 2020, 10:20 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 562
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
I don't know if I could play Raindrops on Rose seriously if I tried. He is way too much fun to write as delightful and earnest nonsense.

I'm assuming that I don't need to roll for the dumbest use of a spell ever (opening books, already noted as a free actions)

Old Sep 29th, 2020, 01:54 AM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Hahahaha!
Ok then. Whether they are of not, one of us has the book.
Indeed. Any animal would wager itís definitely one of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arundel val Estar View Post
I don't know if I could play Raindrops on Rose seriously if I tried. He is way too much fun to write as delightful and earnest nonsense.

I'm assuming that I don't need to roll for the dumbest use of a spell ever (opening books, already noted as a free actions)
Freebie! I would say thatís an intended use of the spell, cast near the cottage. No danger involved or roll required.
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 07:20 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallothi View Post
Cue frantic Google search: ďAre cats/rats/foxes/rabbits colorblind?Ē
I looked it up, and it turns out rats are, indeed, mostly colourblind. They can tell the difference in the blue-green spectrum, but have much more trouble than humans, and they are downright colourblind in the red-green spectrum. I don't know exactly what that means for purple, but seeing as how I myself am slightly colourblind and have major issues telling the difference between purple and blue (or telling green/grey/blue apart, or red and brown or green and brown, for that matter), I'm thinking rats wouldn't recognize the difference either.

(seriously, one of my favorite sweaters turned out to be green, while I had always thought it was grey, and I've offended more than one ex by providing the wrong answer to the question "what colour are my eyes?" )
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 04:21 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
(seriously, one of my favorite sweaters turned out to be green, while I had always thought it was grey, and I've offended more than one ex by providing the wrong answer to the question "what colour are my eyes?" )
Haha, I believe that is what they refer to as "big oof."

Quote:
Dice * Clever Read A Lone FromBook:
1d10+2sch9 (9)+2 Total = 11
Nailed it! Brijida is able to read several lines from the book of her choosing. She can pick those lines at random or make her selection based on adjoining pictures.

Last edited by Mallothi; Sep 29th, 2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 04:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Pictures please! Do i make those up? *please say no please say no* lol
Old Sep 29th, 2020, 05:10 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Haha! I’ll list a few from each book for Brijida to choose from. Post will be up soonish.