OOC Notes, Revenge Plans, Vitriol - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > The Witch is Dead, Volume I
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2020, 10:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Sounds good by me.
Old Oct 7th, 2020, 03:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 562
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
I am the worst. I'm so sorry everybody.

I think Raindrops would have a decent idea of the town, if slightly distorted through his absurd worldview. The first year or two of his conscious life was spent in town with the little girl who was his first master.

Old Oct 7th, 2020, 11:57 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
With Arundel's most recent post (and a final GM entry), Chapter 1 is closed.

Chapter 2 is up and ready for PC posting now!
Old Oct 8th, 2020, 09:34 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
The amount of google search history I have that is a variant of "Are rabbits/hares X?" is getting comical

Old Oct 9th, 2020, 03:42 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
So, just throwing this out there, but growing a nearby tree trunk so that it crosses the river, long and wide enough to serve as a bridge, is probably a bit outside the scope of what my Plant Growth spell can do, right?

Also, considering Danger- I assumed that, whenever we gained Danger from rolling too low on a dangerous task, that Danger stuck- we couldn't get rid of it afterwards, it would just keep accumulating over the course of our adventure, so that each skill check would be more dangerous than the last. Is that true, and if so, is that also true for gaining Danger just because we're near the water? Or does that point of Danger go away once we move away from the river?
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 07:39 AM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
So, just throwing this out there, but growing a nearby tree trunk so that it crosses the river, long and wide enough to serve as a bridge, is probably a bit outside the scope of what my Plant Growth spell can do, right?
Great idea, but sadly outside the scope of the spell's power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Also, considering Danger- I assumed that, whenever we gained Danger from rolling too low on a dangerous task, that Danger stuck- we couldn't get rid of it afterwards, it would just keep accumulating over the course of our adventure, so that each skill check would be more dangerous than the last. Is that true, and if so, is that also true for gaining Danger just because we're near the water? Or does that point of Danger go away once we move away from the river?
Excellent question. I think the accumulation of danger is part of what makes the game fun, and very much RAI; however the very last line of the rules reads, "You can lower your danger by solving, or running away from, your problems," so there should be some opportunity to reduce that total.

In short, I'll have to consider each point of danger case-by-case. If the threat is ongoing, the danger sticks.

ExampleYou're being chased by a villager with a pointy stick. You roll Quick to outpace her, but fail, so you get a point of danger. Let's assume the roll wasn't bad enough to land you in "serious trouble," but now the villager closes in on you. You roll Fierce to climb that nearby rock wall, out of reach, and succeed. Phew!

If the villager decides to let you be, and walks away in defeat, your point of danger from the chase would disappear. I don't see how failing a roll to run fast one time should haunt you forever.

On the other hand, if the villager goes full xenomorph and continues to pursue you relentlessly, the danger would stick.

"Environmental" danger (from standing next to a rushing river, or traveling on the human road e.g.) is my own invention. It seems to me, certain situations are inherently dangerous, and even performing normally easy tasks should carry some risk. This type of danger will always disappear when the animals conquer or escape the risky environmental factor.

Lastly, magic: Using magic is always dangerous. Magic danger will "stick" forever and accumulate over time.
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 02:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
@Elanir- Thank you for voting the tree.
This is what i meant to write, but accidentally switched it around. Hahahahah
I was tired as I wrote therefore my error. I likenit this way best. Hahaha
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 01:30 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Sounds like we’ve got a majority vote for the tree. I’ll get a Birchfell post up tonight.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 12:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
I will wisely wait for Ernest to post first. I'd like to see how he approaches the situation.

@Mallothi this is gold. lmao An actual troll. I have no idea why that surprised me but is did! hahaha
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 08:51 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
My sides.

Oh my poor poor sides.

RR is so earnestly incompetent that he is changing reality around him.

Old Oct 13th, 2020, 09:14 AM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
We all thought that book-opening trick was cool till we discovered Drops was the ultimate practitioner of chaos magic.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 09:47 AM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Sorry for the delays folks, I'll get Ernest going here today.
Had a product launch at work and i feel that about sums up the utter chaos i'm in
Old Oct 16th, 2020, 09:06 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
Howdy, critters!

I just wanted to extend an invitation to use this thread for strategizing quickly and casually, if that suits your style of play. In other words, you needn't feel obligated to workshop all your plans in-character, unless you want to.

Because so much of this game comes down to puzzling out how, logistically/mechanically, to manipulate the environment, I think it's totally appropriate to hash out your plans OOC and then present your chosen course of action in-game. I see the OOC thread as a tool to help keep the pace brisk and avoid getting bogged down.

Example[OOC]

PC 1: What if we pick the lock?
PC 2: Maybe we could break down the door?
PC 3: Let's just burn down the building!
All: Agreed!

[IN-GAME]

All: We burn down the building!
GM: *gleeful chortling*

All that said, if you prefer to work through (some or all) problems IC, by all means do that; I don't want to rob anyone of an opportunity for character development.

See you out there!

Last edited by Mallothi; Oct 16th, 2020 at 09:08 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 01:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Mallothi Sound good. I think it would help a lot.

@All- Apologies for my slow post rate this time around.

With that, I would love to try and chew through the patch of the troll's clothes that is hooked on the tree.

Hopefully this isnt a trick by the troll. lolol
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 12:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Beau will also help chew through the clothes- but maybe we should try and find a log or something, first? A "floaty thing"? One of us (I'm guessing one of the Raindrops' powerful legs should be especially well-suited to kicking a big log into the waterbigger animals) could stand ready to toss it into the river, and then the rest of us (Brie and I would have the easiest time navigating the narrow branch together, I thinkspace on the branch permitting) can chew the troll free?