OOC Notes, Revenge Plans, Vitriol - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > The Witch is Dead, Volume I
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 562
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
It happens to all of us, no worries.

I think that will work? Raindrops is all for helping a person in distress (albeit for stupid reasons), but as a rabbit there isn't a whole lot I bring to the table in this situation. My backup failsafe plan is to cast open on his pants to release him, but I want to minimize uses of magic for the danger score. Regardless of how funny that use might be.

Old Oct 19th, 2020, 12:28 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Raindrops' powerful legs should be especially well-suited to kicking a big log into the water
That is also a really good idea

Old Oct 19th, 2020, 02:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Quote:
Beau will also help chew through the clothes- but maybe we should try and find a log or something, first? A "floaty thing"? One of us (I'm guessing one of the Raindrops' powerful legs should be especially well-suited to kicking a big log into the waterbigger animals) could stand ready to toss it into the river, and then the rest of us (Brie and I would have the easiest time navigating the narrow branch together, I thinkspace on the branch permitting) can chew the troll free?
Is the branch narrow? I don't remember. I just imagined it was a fallen tree.
Brijida could also do that jump and stomp with the front paws thing that both foxes and huskies are known for if it is large enough for her.

But I agree that the rats are best suited to the chewing. Raindrops has the teeth, but is he a jumbo rabbit or the smaller ones that typically come to mind?
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 05:41 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
@Elanir: It looks like poor Brie was roundly outvoted on the matter of helping Tolle. Does he come around to the group's decision and lend a hand, or cast judgement from a distance?
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 05:59 PM
Higitus Figitus

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arundel val Estar View Post
My backup failsafe plan is to cast open on his pants to release him, but I want to minimize uses of magic for the danger score. Regardless of how funny that use might be.
No hare was meant to wield such terrible power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
Is the branch narrow? I don't remember. I just imagined it was a fallen tree.
Brijida could also do that jump and stomp with the front paws thing that both foxes and huskies are known for if it is large enough for her.

But I agree that the rats are best suited to the chewing. Raindrops has the teeth, but is he a jumbo rabbit or the smaller ones that typically come to mind?
The birch is a medium-sized tree, ~16" in diameter. It's definitely sturdy enough for a fox to pounce on (just not a troll, apparently).

Feel free to correct me, Arundel, but I imagined RR being more of a jackrabbit than a fluffy bunny (something in the realm of 16-24", 6-12 lb).

Quote:
Beau will also help chew through the clothes- but maybe we should try and find a log or something, first? A "floaty thing"? One of us (I'm guessing one of the Raindrops' powerful legs should be especially well-suited to kicking a big log into the waterbigger animals) could stand ready to toss it into the river, and then the rest of us (Brie and I would have the easiest time navigating the narrow branch together, I thinkspace on the branch permitting) can chew the troll free?
Let's say the tree can accommodate one Cat, hare, or foxlarger creature and one rat side-by-side (so definitely yes to both rats). Probably too tight a squeeze to put two larger creatures side-by-side, though.

There's plenty of organic debris lying around (branches, small logs, etc.) for improvised floaties. While we determined Beau can't grow a whole tree, I'm sure there's an opportunity to bust out Plant growth here, too, if you want to risk the danger.

Last edited by Mallothi; Oct 19th, 2020 at 06:09 PM.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 06:06 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40149
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallothi View Post
@Elanir: It looks like poor Brie was roundly outvoted on the matter of helping Tolle. Does he come around to the group's decision and lend a hand, or cast judgement from a distance?
He will grudgingly help, but if anything goes wrong he will make sure to remind his fellow familiars that he was the only one to have been right for the rest of their lives...
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 06:10 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
I am still unsure if a fox or rabbit can carry a branch large enough to keep a larger-than-a-human troll afloat. Are there any other ideas? Could Beau use her gift with plants to make a „ladder“ of sorts out of vines? I‘m afraid, Brie can’t really help with this one, other than with his teeth of course.
Old Oct 19th, 2020, 08:49 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallothi View Post
No hare was meant to wield such terrible power.

Feel free to correct me, Arundel, but I imagined RR being more of a jackrabbit than a fluffy bunny (something in the realm of 16-24", 6-12 lb).
I've honestly played a little fast and loose with what hare vs rabbit attributes RR has. I've mainly been deciding by the rule of funny, though some things (like the abysmal lifespan of wild hares) were ruled in or out for practicality.

Old Oct 20th, 2020, 09:01 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
I'm guessing Raindrops is somewhere between this;

and this;

Also, Beau will gladly help to make a bigger floaty! Not sure whether she's able to create a vine ladder, though? If that's possible I'll do the latter- I'll go ahead and roll, and wait on a ruling before writing the IC post .
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 09:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Good lord. Lol
That is quite rabbit the range. Lolol

I will try to get my post up today. I just needed to know a thing or two before i did. Thanks.
Old Oct 21st, 2020, 11:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Working on my post as I type. Will be up tonight.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 08:19 AM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Post will be up for Ernest later this morning
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 12:30 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Awww, only got a 6
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 01:04 PM
Astinus in disguise

Tools
User Statistics
ThatĎs good enough, Lyd! You could use your witch bonus, but I donít think itĎs worth it. OOC I donít think the Troll is trying to trick us, which, of course, gives Mallothi the perfect reason to prove me wrong!

Canít wait to see what happens.
Old Oct 22nd, 2020, 02:44 PM
Give it another go

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
My apologies, I tempted fate by stating a time frame.

Our product launch has finished and we're moving into upgrading the phones. So still a bit chaotic but I should be able to up my post rate for Ernest as it should have been. My apologies for the delays!