Game Thread Chapter 2: Over the River and Through the Woods - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > The Witch is Dead, Volume I
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Oct 7th, 2020, 10:10 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
Chapter 2: Over the River and Through the Woods

GM
right-aligned image
Sweetbriar Forest is ablaze with color. The autumn leaves are an explosion of vibrant reds, yellows, and oranges. The trees glow where slanting shafts of brilliant morning light warm their trunks. And yet the earth is cool underpaw, making the first miles of the Familiars' journey pleasant ones.

The animals travel at a brisk trot; Brijida and Raindrops have to moderate their pace slightly to accommodate Ernest, but they still manage to make good time.

Apart from a half-dozen birds and a pair of squirrels, the Familiars have the woods to themselves. The birds are useless; their sing-song tongue is as perplexing as it is beautiful (Alexa is only intelligible when she uses the Familiar's shared dialect, and even then her voice is shrill and unpleasant). Brie and Beau are able to speak with the squirrels, but they can't be convinced to talk about anything other than a cache of beechnuts they've misplaced, the rubes!

After about an hour of steady walking, a new sound joins the chorus of swishing breeze and crunching leaves. First a low hiss, then a deep rumble - it's the sound of rushing water. The Familiars break out of the woods and onto a rocky riverbed. The stones that comprise the banks of Bluewater Beck have been polished smooth by the relentless rush of mountain runoff. The water is so clear as to appear almost blue, and frigid, nipping at paws that stray too close.

From her previous expeditions to the village, Brijida knows that the river can be crossed (without swimming) in one of two ways - by the stone bridge on the Forest Road, or by Birchfell, the fallen tree that spans one of the river's narrows. Each crossing is roughly equidistant from where the Familiars now stand, less than a half-mile's walk up or down-river...
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG

Last edited by Mallothi; Feb 11th, 2022 at 11:45 PM.
  #2  
Old Oct 8th, 2020, 05:23 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 7,179
Beau
right-aligned image

Beau's tiny heart was pounding rapidly in her chest. On one paw, she was afraid to hold on too firmly, fearing her nails might scratch Brijida. On the other paw, she was absolutely terrified of slipping and falling, while the fox was running faster than any rat had ever been meant to go. She was relieved when, finally, the fox stopped running, and quickly clambered down to see the obstacle in front of them.

'Not to worry!' she squeaked happily, glad to have a bit of a pause in their break-neck speed. 'Just a quick refreshing dip in the water, and we'll be across in- oh,' she finished, looking at Raindrops. 'Oh dear,' she continued, looking to Ernest. Rats were good swimmers, and Beau had heard tell foxes weren't so bad either. But cats and hares? Not so much.

Looking up at the others, her tail lashing about while her whiskers twitched nervously, Beau turned to the river and realized this was going to be a bit more of a challenge. 'I guess... I guess we can look for a way across?'


 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Oct 8th, 2020 at 05:23 AM.
  #3  
Old Oct 8th, 2020, 11:54 AM
Arundel val Estar's Avatar
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 562
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
Posts: 500
Raindrops on Roses
right-aligned image


Raindrops had been through the forest once before, but it was as a mere terrified leveret of a hare, fleeing into the tempest of rain and darkness after First Master was taken away. Second Master had found him and carried his wretched broken form to to her cottage. In the subsequent seasons, Raindrops had never ventured far beyond the cottage, and certainly not without the protection of Second Master. Despite the heroic bravery instilled into the very core of Raindrops on Roses by the ancient tales of love and valor, he was never comfortable in the woods beyond Second Master's purview alone.

That, he realized quickly into their journey, was foolish.

The forest was a marvelous cathedral to the venerable and vigorous strength of the natural world. The archaic tales often described the magic of forests, especially old groves untouched by mortal men. Some of the most ornate and embellished folios even had grand depictions of the timbers and thickets described therein, but that all paled in comparison to the simply majesty of the forest around him.

The forest is.....beautiful. Raindrops caught himself saying on the journey, to no one in particular. Graceful, gorgeous, divine, resplendent.

The arrival at the river did little to quiet his racing mind, and he struggled to even find words to describe the scene around him. He had nearly forgotten the other familiars entirely when Beau spoke up. Just a quick refreshing dip in the water, and we'll be across in- oh,' 'Oh dear' 'I guess... I guess we can look for a way across?'

Surely the most expedient path was directly across the quiet river, a delay would take time away from their quest! Raindrops wasn't quite sure what the time limit was or why they had one, he assumed that he missed that while immersed in Tunics Asunder, but every good adventure had a ticking clock somewhere. He also wasn't quite sure what a clock was now that he thought of it. Loathe to leave the route they were making such good time on, Raindrops
Dice * Clever to gauge if Raindrops could hop his way across the river:
1d10+0 (2)+0 Total = 2
examined the river with what he hoped was a discerning look to see if it was crossable by his powerful legs.


OOCHow wide is this river? Quick research leads me to believe that a 10ft jump is fairly reasonable for a hare, and if there's stones it could be doable.

Edit after roll: Dear god Raindrops, how are you this dumb?

Quick Stats
 
__________________
Characters:

  #4  
Old Oct 8th, 2020, 09:44 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
I am not in danger. I am the danger.

GMRaindrops on Roses gives the river his best once-over. Where the Familiars now stand, Bluewater Beck stands perhaps 20' across, with no stepping-stones in sight. The icy water rushes past in a stomach-churning roar, making it clear even to the overzealous hare that crossing here would spell the animals' certain doom.

GM - MechanicsAll animals must add +1 to their current DANGER score while near the river.

Here's a reminder on the rules surrounding DANGER:
When you try to do something, roll a D10 and add your most relevant trait. The GM tells you what number you need to equal or beat. If the task is dangerous, you gain a point of DANGER if you fail. If you ever roll equal to or under your DANGER, you’re in serious trouble—dead, trapped, lost, or captured.
I've also ruled that some situations (i.e. standing near rushing water) are inherently dangerous, and will increase your DANGER score automatically, without a failed roll. You can lower you danger by either mastering or avoiding such environmental perils.
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG
  #5  
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 02:51 AM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is online now
Astinus in disguise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 40340
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 9,301
Brie
right-aligned image
Riding on the back of a fox was an experience Brie was not eager to repeat. No matter how gentle and trustworthy Brijida was -and she was both!- clinging to the fur of one of the most skilled predators in these woods had a touch of foolhardiness that the rat was unable to shake off. Making matters worse was the forest itself. Where the others saw beauty and wonder around them, Brie saw only danger. Anyone could be lurking among the trees‘ gnarled roots, the branches high above the rat’s head served no doubt as the perch of hawks, eagles and ravens, and the carpet of fallen leaves was surely the hunting ground of poisonous centipedes and snakes. No matter where he looked, Brie saw death traps! Even the stupid chattering squirrels grated on his nerves for their mundane concerns did nothing but distract him when he had to be vigilant.

Reaching the river seemed like a good excuse to get off the fox and Brie lost no time in doing so. Now that he was (relatively) safe on the ground, the rat turned his head to look at the way behind them. It was amazing how far they had come! Oh how he would have loved to have such long legs and strong jaws as Brijida, to not be afraid of every rustle of the leaves or bird’s cry. He knew of course that there were animals even larger than her, horses and cows, not to mention wolves and bears, but being a fox was a good compromise, he found. With a small sigh, Brie cleared his head of such useless thoughts and approached the riverbank. The roar of the river deeply unsettled him as he pondered sweet Beau’s suggestion. The rats might, just might make it swimming across, but Brie didn’t really like their chances.

"Has anyone been here before? Is there a way to cross the rushing water? The humans must have a way."

Humans were tall creatures, able to take long strides and run swiftly, but foolishly refusing to use their front legs to walk often made them prone to lose their balance. The fact that they didn’t have a tail also didn’t help. Brie doubted even a human would be able to cross here without danger. Lacking the natural gifts of many of the animals, humans often resorted to changing things around them to serve their needs like building homes, erecting fences and walls and keeping fire in small see-through boxes. There was no way the humans would let the river have its way and stop them from crossing. Perhaps they could also make use of the human contraptions?


 
__________________
He/Him - I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Running Dragons of a Broken World: A Dragonlance (Age of Mortals) 5e DnD campaign

Last edited by Elanir; Oct 9th, 2020 at 01:29 PM.
  #6  
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 03:31 AM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 7,179
Beau
right-aligned image

Beau had already scurried away from the water's edge, thinking it unsafe to try and cross it- and even if she succeeded, there was no way for the others to follow. Except Brie, of course, but even the dark rat seemed reluctant to approach the river. Have consigned herself to finding the long way around, Beau took one last look at the river- and rose to her back paws with a start.

'Raindrops!' she squeaked loudly, her pink eyes wide at the rabbit's brave but ill-advised proximity to the roaring waters. 'Please be careful! The water is cold and angry, and the stones along the bank slippery- you will be washed away, if you're not careful!'


 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel
  #7  
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 12:30 PM
Arundel val Estar's Avatar
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 562
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
Posts: 500
Raindrops on Roses
right-aligned image


With his keen adventurer's eyes, honed by years of partaking in great tales of adventure, Raindrops can tell there is no way to leap the river, even for a mighty hare. Beau's call cements his assessment, the water does indeed look cold and unpleasant. He doubts that being washed away would result in his death, even the most casual scholar of the ancient tales would be aware no hero or villain ever died from being washed downstream. Instead Raindrops would find himself ashore far downstream and be nursed back to health by a kindly older couple or beautiful hare maiden in order to plan a timely revenge out of prying sight. Still, there wasn’t time for that particular twist of fate in this adventure. They were racing an unknown clock to achieve their goals.

“You are of course correct little Beau. There is no crossing at this point.” With a polite nod of acknowledgement towards Beau, Raindrops turns his head towards Brie.

“There will be a way across, an ancient feat of man’s construction called a bridge. A massive path, skin and spine made from the very bones of the mountain, will span the river and allow travel over it with ease. Many ordinary men have lost the secrets that allowed for their construction, bridges often require the direct power of a Lord or King to create. They are often so unique and important that they are granted names of their own, as if there were beings in their own right. That would certainly be a fast path of transit however there will be risks. According to the knowledge of the ancient texts, most bridges are guarded by a pair of fearsome beasts called a Troll and a Toll.”

Raindrops pauses for a breath, remembering the gallant fights and witty ways to defeat these pairs of foes.

“A Troll is a giant horror of a creature, a cross of bear, lizard, and man. They can stand heads tall over even the tallest of men, and raid villages with impunity. A Troll will often eat men as we might east a berry,” Raindrops spares a quick glance towards Ernest and Brijida, “….or other things.”

“A Troll can be fought and slain by a true hero, but that will be beyond our skills. A Troll can also be defeated in a battle of wits. Defeating a Troll in this manner will satisfy the mighty Toll, and it will command the Troll to allow us passage. The challenge takes many forms, the old tales mention riddles, questions, and puzzles of logic. Failure oft results in becoming dinner for the Troll however, so the risk is still large.

If the bridge is not guarded by a Troll, we must still confront the true master of the bridge. Almost all bridges have Tolls, the living spirit of the bridge. The Toll will prevent any creature, living or dead, from crossing the bridge unless the proper sacrifices are made to the Toll. These of course power the living spirit of the bridge and allows it to continue bending the bones of the mountain across the stream. Tolls are commonly the bits of metal men use, but can also take less common forms like a portion of harvest or a firstborn.”


Raindrops on Roses shakes his head sadly.

“Despite the risks, the bridge seems to be our only option. We must put on a brave face to defeat these challenges.”


Quick Stats
 
__________________
Characters:

  #8  
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 01:09 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is offline
Give it another go
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 15th, 2024
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 9,774
Ernest
right-aligned image
How long had it been since he tread paws through this biome? It had been some time, though the fiery pain that wracked the eye socket of the younger tom was completely absent at present time. Memories better off left to just that.

As the rodent called out inquiring of familiarity or ideas the bombay called back in the ba dum tssfamiliar dialect "The cold season is nearing, the water is equal to death for the most of us. A last resort at best." before the tom could continue the OOC - wondrous and amusingincessant chatter of the hare pick up once more.

Waiting for Raindrops to finish all Ernest could muster at that point in time was an unamused "Right." after a pause he looked to the others "So this 'bridge' thing is our better bet? Does anyone have a clue where one might find such thing?"

 

  #9  
Old Oct 11th, 2020, 09:56 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 12th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Brijida
right-aligned image
Brijida was ecstatic to be on the way. With the two rats on her back, she did her best to move as smoothly as she could, offering a warning or two when the path forced her to veer to the side. By the time they reached the river, the rats had scrambled off of her back so fast the vixen had not had the chance to ask about her performance.

Ernest's question had her nearly trotting in place. "Oh! I know! There is a nice stone bridge that way that connects with the Forest Road. OR! Or we can use Birchfell that way," She pointed her nose in the general direction of the massive fallen tree. "Is a huuuge old tree. Is large enough for use to cross. And no people either! I think. And I wouldn't go in the water at all. Nope. Is far to dangerous. Come. The bridge is safest for us. Come, I'll show you the way!"
OOC and Stats
 
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
  #10  
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 01:32 AM
Elanir's Avatar
Elanir Elanir is online now
Astinus in disguise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 40340
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Posts: 9,301
Brie
right-aligned image
Drops could be annoying at times, but one could not ignore the fact that he was knowledgeable about the wide world around them. He might not possess Brijida‘s practical knowledge about the forest or Ernest‘s insight into human ways, but he was smart in a manner the other familiars were not. Educated-smart. Brie supposed the often cited „First Master“ must have been a venerable human of great wisdom tasked with the instruction of other, less knowledgeable humans in all kinds of subjects. She probably was what some called a „teacher“ or „professor“. Brie had never met such a person, but was certain they must be radiating some sort of „light of learning“, much like a candle or torch.

This was the reason why the rat could not in good conscience disregard Drops’ warning. His story about the „Troll and the Toll“ was horrible enough to put fear into the rat’s heart. He didn’t think he would be able to put much of a fight against such a fearsome thing as the Troll. The best he could do was try to hide, but that wouldn’t get them safely across the –how had Drops called it?- bridge. As for the Toll… what had a poor little rat to offer, especially now that his nice human mother was gone? He neither had nor cared for the pieces of metal humans loved so much. He had tried to eat one once, a small round thing that reminded him of autumn leaves, but he found the taste horrible. The picture of some bearded human with a silly hat with spikes didn’t help as well.

Brie shook his little head. No, the old tree called Birchfell seemed a much better way to cross the rushing water. Seeing that the fox was about to lead them to the dangerous bridge, Brie squeeked as loud as he could to get the others‘ attention.

"Wait, Brijida, wait! The old tree sounds a much better way to be crossing than that dangerous bridge. I’m sure the Troll could eat all of us without a second thought and I wouldn’t know what to give to satisfy the Toll. My whiskers? My tail?" Brie shuddered at the thought of the terrible Toll wearing the rat’s whiskers and tail. "Let’s have a look at this Birchfell first, shall we?"


 
__________________
He/Him - I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Running Dragons of a Broken World: A Dragonlance (Age of Mortals) 5e DnD campaign

Last edited by Elanir; Oct 12th, 2020 at 04:22 PM.
  #11  
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 12:41 PM
DemonSlayer's Avatar
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 11680
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Posts: 7,179
Beau
right-aligned image

Trembling, planting her snout firmly against the ground in an effort to appear as small as possible, Beau chimes in. 'Troll and Toll sound dangerous,' she whispers, clearly unsettled by the story. 'I agree, the tree sounds much friendlier. Besides, I don't trust what men built,' she admits hesitantly. Looking to Raindrops, she continues.

'This... Bridge sounds- it sounds impressive. But I like the trees and the plants better, I think.'


 
__________________
Characters: Anchor, Selanet, Aramil, Mhurren, Hazel

Last edited by DemonSlayer; Oct 12th, 2020 at 12:42 PM.
  #12  
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 09:50 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
You gotta pay the troll toll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elanir View Post
"Wait, Brijida, wait! The old tree sounds a much better way to be crossing than that dangerous bridge. I’m sure the Troll could eat all of us without a second thought and I wouldn’t know what to give to satisfy the Toll. My whiskers? My tail?" Brie shuddered at the thought of the terrible Toll wearing the rat’s whiskers and tail. "Let’s have a look at this Birchfell first, shall we?"
GMAfter some deliberation, the group comes to a consensus: rather than risk a run-in with humans on the bridge, they will hike the roughly half-mile upstream to Birchfell. Worldly Brijida has used the natural crossing before. The eponymous tree-trunk is wide and sturdy - easily as serviceable as any man-made archway.

The animals trace the meandering line of Bluewater Beck upriver until, after 20 minutes or so, they catch their first glimpse of the hoary old birch. To the surprise of all, Birchfell spans only half the river, it's far end is bobing wildly up-and-down over the water's surface, like the end of a rod with a fish on. Only instead of a fish, it's a troll jouncing on the end of the tree, snagged by the seat of its trousers.

Tolle, a troll
right-aligned image
The troll is once-and-half-again the height of a man, with gray-green skin, a broad, warty nose, and a set of formidable yellow tusks. He thrashes his great gangly arms, sending up sheets of white spray. He calls out in a harsh, barking tongue that none of the animals recognize. When they don't reply, he tries again in language common to humans of Whitebridge, but the only word the Familiars can make out is "Help!"

Finally, spotting Ernest, the troll begins frantically meowing and trilling like a cat. The monster's accent is thick, and his conjugation is all wrong, but Ernest can understand the troll, and is able to translate for his companions:

"Oi, friends! Seem t'be a bit stuck here. A little help, eh?" The Familiars' trepidation is plain to see.

The troll quits kicking and does his best to affect an air of nonchalance. He spins in a slow circle, still suspended from the tree by his pants. "I know how it looks, eh? Mean ol' troll, bum in the breeze, lurin' you innocent lot out into the freezin' cold waters to gobble you up, eh? Pfah!" He spits. "No, sir! Not me, not ol' Tolle!" He jabs a thumb at his chest. "That's me. Tolle the Troll. Pleased to meet the lot of ye!" he hollers over his shoulder as he continues his ponderous circuit, round-and-round.

"Can assure ye," he swears, crossing his heart with a gnarled claw, "I am a life-long pescatarian. Lived under yon bridge all my days. Or did, till those dirty rats"--he gulps and offers Brie and Beau an apologetic glance--"er, those dirty men-folk booted me! Tried crossin' at this tree, but alas! Snapped clean 'n two, she did!" He howls manically.

"Oi! Help me down, gentle creatures, and I'll give reward - a good luck charm, for your journey!"
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG
  #13  
Old Oct 12th, 2020, 09:55 PM
Mallothi's Avatar
Mallothi Mallothi is offline
Higitus Figitus
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2024
RPXP: 8572
Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi Mallothi
Posts: 1,539
GM - MechanicsJust to clarify, Tolle is speaking entirely in yowls, mews, and purrs. For expediency's sake I'm writing it out for all to read, assuming that Ernest will translate.
__________________
Adventure skeleton, Exquisite Corpse RPG

Last edited by Mallothi; Oct 12th, 2020 at 09:56 PM.
  #14  
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Retry's Avatar
Retry Retry is offline
Give it another go
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 15th, 2024
RPXP: 39056
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Posts: 9,774
Ernest
right-aligned image
Following the pack upstream the bombay is utterly dismayed at the soreness of his paws and the results of their travel. Nature's bridge was only half of what he had hoped. Not only that, it seemed to be infested with odd vermin.

If a cat could hum Ernest would surely be letting out an apprehensive, yet inquisitive one. The words crude and dialect seemed a touch unrefined. Ernest made sure to stay as far from the water and unlucky troll as he could. "We stand before our 'friend' Tolle. Tolle the troll." the tom translated back into the familiar's tongue with a touch of uncertainty. The fairy tales the jabbermouth spoke of held some truth to them and they were currently in front of them.

Not blocking, from what the cat could tell - just there. Pleading. Helplessly. It was quite odd.

"He pleads as a fellow victim at the hands of the villagers. Offers a charm if we lend him a paw." the golden eyes of Ernest turn to his familiar kin "This can be a trap, it can be a boon - what say you? The longer we dally the more danger he is in - and the faster night will arrive."

 

  #15  
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 09:06 PM
Arundel val Estar's Avatar
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 562
Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar Arundel val Estar
Posts: 500
Raindrops on Roses
right-aligned image


Deep down, Raindrops on Roses knew that he would eventually be forced to accept that the world of the ancient tales was now his world. From careful observation of First Master, Raindrops had always been certain that every human had a deeply held and secret heart's desire to live through one of the old tales. It was doubtful to be the same for most hares, but Raindrops did suppose that he had secretly wanted the same.

There was little in life to make you question your beliefs quite so powerfully as a creature of legend in your path.

A quest! Raindrops squeaked excitedly. Everyone knows that an normally evil race has a few members born with pure heart! It is a universal truth, as true as the rising of the sun on a winter morn, true as a tree grows towards the light. Surely if we help this poor soul out, the laws of kindness that balance the realms will reward us with future boon.

Raindrops looks towards the giant Tolle then says more quietly, Also, my keen adventurers senses lead me to believe he is stronger than us. I say we help the kindred spirit.

OOCI'll flesh out some extra Raindrops level nonsense into this tomorrow. Just wanted to get the plot crucial elements out there.

Quick Stats
 
__________________
Characters:

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:51 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB