The Silent Tide - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,529
Kria stares at Reyd with such a neutral expression it is difficult to tell whether or not she even understood him. It’s not until Skurvin speaks that she reacts at all.

Skurvin breaks the mental connection with Kria, and thinks quickly. It was unlikely that the thugs were even aware if their existence, which gave them an advantage. It was also unlikely that they would kill Yargos before getting the information, assuming that they were after the same thing. The man hanging off the cliff was likely a friend, and this was meant to intimidate him. Or it could be that this was over a completely unrelated matter, and their target’s life was of little value to these men.

Either way, Skurvin saw only one viable option.

“Kria, follow him. I’ll keep up as best I can.”

Reacting instantly to the command, Kria begins
Dice Acrobatics check:
d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20
moving quickly along the broken but dry landscape. Skurvin begins moving as quickly as he can through the muck, knowing that the invisible leash tethering them together only stretches so far.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
Taking time to swiftly move forward through the moving current that flowed through your moving legs and waist, the difficult terrain was very difficult to navigate through and as you drew near a formation of broken houses sixty feet away, it was relayed by Reyd that there was another sixty feet to cover and not much time to make it. Hearing faint screams in the distance, it seemed that there was no hope. But there was no room for thought, only the need to press on.

As the water becomes waist high, there were a few obstacles in your paths. A few broken fences that tipped the water and would become very difficult to pass through as well as some broken homes and buildings that seemed to dot the next few thirty feet. From here, you use your strength to pull yourself upon the roof tops which were partly submerged in brackish water. Slogging from this point, the Maw's Cliff is close by with six ruffians standing around laughing and carrying on at the displeasure of the men ready to fall off the cliff.

Reyds bolt whips through the air and is deadly accurate in stopping the chains from slowly decending into the swirling water. This alerts the men and surprise is lost. They turn to see your adventuring party closing in and gaining nearer to them. They take the time to withdraw their saps and clubs eagerly enticing all of you to try and protect them.

 
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,529
When Kria
Dice initiative:
d20+5 (15)+5 Total = 20
comes close to the enemy, she rips off her cloak, revealing her leathery blue skin, thick tail, and oddly shaped legs. She flexes her claws and lets out a
Dice intimidate:
d20+5 (11)+5 Total = 16
loud jungle-cat roar, revealing her fangs to the humans.



Dice initiative:
d20+3 (19)+3 Total = 22
Skurvin, hearing his companions challenge, smiles as he can just picture the looks on their faces. Hopefully her posturing will make them think twice about attacking and buy the group some time. If he was really lucky, they’d simply flee.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Jan 12th, 2014 at 12:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 11:34 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,195
Faunra gives a simple command to Amolas. The cat jumps upon his mistress' shoulders and scurries somewhere into her backpack.

Realizing her band might have the jump on the cronies, the elf darts forth in an effort to get in-range for a spell. The options float-around in her head as she hurries to make her way closer to the scene of the action.

 


 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 11th, 2014 at 11:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jan 11th, 2014, 11:46 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,195
With the villains alerted to the party, Faunra continues her move and waves her wand to armor herself.

 

 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 12th, 2014 at 12:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 12:12 AM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Reyd is satisfied at his shot and puts away his crossbow. The group's presence has been noted. Reyd moves into position, within 20ft of the nearest enemy, taking care to let the others catch up. He draws his rapier.

OOC
 
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 02:45 AM
Captain K Captain K is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Posts: 1,777
Morton Juniper is late again.

He was late to the briefing, something about some old fellow needed rescuing. Then he had to catch up when they wandered off through the streets. Didn't even know these people properly. No matter, for the greater good or something.

In the distance there is nothing but a darkening street going to the docks. This is annoying. Morton wants to be in a gang, get in with the in-crowd of thrusting young adventurers and now he has missed out like some fool wearing last season's coat (dusty cream objects, meant to be inspired from romantic desert Katapesh sort of thing, simply does not work in the city) and his escapades are over before they have even begun and

Oh wait up. There's loads of shouting and clanging up that side street. Some familiar voices. To the rescue then.

Morton splashes through the puddles, rushing to catch up and join what he sees is an imminent fight. Some of the guys are taking positions but Morton has no time for acknowledgements, he has to charge straight in.

A whole bunch of hoodlums torturing some poor blokes on the quayside. Bad odds, Morton. Still it doesn't look like the other guys are standing around gawping. Onwards!

Morton dashes forth, yelling lustily. "Friends! Drive these brutes away! We'll not stand by while bovine grunts shove fine men into the sea! What is that all about? They can answer when they are in their knees!"

He gallops into the fray. His crimson cloak must look awesome billowing in the wind like that.

OOC
Sorry I'm late.

I'm not rolling initiative, because Morton has arrived late running in.

Move action: Towards the thugs asap

Free action: Draw Longsword ( +1 bab, qualifies)

Standard action: Inspire Courage. Yeah!

An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

After this he will close into melee if possible.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
This city is a dark place. Darker than any cave. Crueler than any bear.

Naum's heart sank into his belly upon arrival. A snarl twisted his lips. The struggle for survival was not meant to be like this.

He noted the bolt in the chain as he loaded his sling and elated. Luck was on the chained men's side tonight. Luck and Reyd.

 
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
All that is needed is Mortin's inspiring words and Kria's loud roar and the War Hounder's simply become frightened and turn to flee. They have not seen or had any run ins with the explanar outsider and are to shaken to stand and fight. They simply cower and leave the area, running with tail between their legs all the while looking back to remember the faces of those that stood their ground and protected the innocent.

If it were not for Reyd the Assassins's quick wit of heart and mind, the men surely would have met their fates. As Reyd is poised upon the highest perch of a broken home and in the distance near the Maw's Cliff, the eight of you begin to help the four men up from dangling anymore from off the cliff. Their chains will need sundering as they left with the key. It will take sometime to break but the chain is poorly crafted as if the metallurgist was of human decent.

Asking the men about Yargos, the men know who he is but are reluctant to tell you where he is at. One of the men thanks you immediately but they will need charmed to change their attitude from indifferent to personable. "I surely thought I was a goner! If it wasn't for your purple skinned friend, I was just about to loose my grip and fall into the Inner Sea. So your asking about Yargos Gill? I can't say I know where he is at. Since the sightings of the mysterious figures stalking the streets of the Puddles District, we are such good friends with Yargos that we simply value his stance on not being found. I simply cannot tell you where he is at. I thank you for saving my life but I cannot betray my friends wishes. For all I know you might be some other sort of thug wishing him harm."

 
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,529
Kria smiles sadistically as she watches the little mice scatter before her. As Skurvin catches up to her, he retrieves her cloak and drapes her in it once again, stroking her cheek affectionately. “Well done my dear.”


To the chained men he approaches and offers a
Dice Diplomacy:
d20+7 (5)+7 Total = 12
friendly smile. “Our pleasure gentlemen, and while I applaud your loyalty to your friend, as his friend you must realize that those unsavory characters will continue to search for him. If you care for his safety, then surely you would prefer we find him first so that we may protect him. At the very least, perhaps you can go to him and relay this offer of safety. We have no desire to see him come to harm.”
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Jan 12th, 2014 at 01:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,195
The coast being clear, Amolas sticks his head up from behind Faunra's elven shoulders. Meow... The wizard quickly reached her right arm back and stuffs him back into her backpack. Faunra was not yet sure how the hereto-frightened men feel about felines. As for how her party felt, no matter; for they are simply stuck with him.

Faunra removes her hood and smiles gently at the men as Skurvin speaks diplomatically and convincingly. The summoner had a gift for gab to be certain. Meanwhile, Faunra has a spell on her lips just in case.

 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 12th, 2014 at 02:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
Will Save vesus Charm Person Spell DC 16

The man introduces himself as John the III, a noble aristocrat of renowned lineage. He warms up a bit to Skurvin. A like minded noble in arms but is reluctant to become swayed by diplomacy or even the charming effects of faunra's magics. He seems to be quite perturbed and his attitude is going from indifferent to more of a hostile approach."I again want to thank you for saving my life as well as these other men but I simply cannot divulge the whereabouts of Mr. Gill.

I never knew he was this important. I only know Yargo's because of his research and studies for something in particular I have invested a lot of gold crests into. But I will tell you to return to the Soggy Piper and inquire there! There is decent food and it is drier then this accursed place we are at. Now if you don't mind, can you break my chains so that we can be on our way? "
The man's air of authority is quite disturbing and has an note of haughtiness to it. The more you realize it, the more this man came off quite rude and bothersome. It's as if he thought himself better than the rest and quite mysterious indeed.

Out of CharacterI need someone to sunder the chains of the men to loosen them from bondage. A regular attack will suffice and please subtract ten hardness from the total damage. This will release them from their shackles. Also please note gained experience points.




 

Last edited by Storm; Jan 12th, 2014 at 02:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,195
The confident wizard steps forth and utters the words of her spell. Gentlemen, surely there is a bit more you can tell us.
Alas, the spell and Faunra's charms were met with little to really satisfy her. Reminder that sometimes the best-laid plans, and the best odds, just don't quite work out.

She listens to the statements of the one pompously calling himself John The Third. She recalls a "First John," "Second John" and "Third John" each of whom may have authored books long ago, but Faunra knows nothing of this Third, contemporary one. At any rate, she patiently (or impatiently) waits for an able-bodied companion to set him free so they can all move to a dryer, safer place.
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 12th, 2014 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Captain K Captain K is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Posts: 1,777
"John the third, how d'you do. Morton Juniper at your service. " Morton gives a casual and cheerful salute.

"Now. Will you be an upstanding gentleman for me and mind out a bit. I'm going to bust your chains!" He grins and waves his sword around. "Manumission, if you will. Bet you'll be thankful to be free.

Actually, "
Morton drops his sword and stands, ruminating. "I do appreciate it must have been awful, being so close to being thrown in the sea. Can you imagine? Washed away, just an unknown body with nobody to know there went John the third, a man known for his decency and generosity.

It's awful, isn't it? Imagine a world where such thugs rule. Well, we came to save you, so you have the luxury of imagining it. If we weren't here of course, you'd only be able to imagine the fleeting sky as you bobbed beneath the waves a last time... But I digress again. It's lucky those thugs don't rule. It's lucky people like us are here and have incentive to run around and rescue people. That the rescuees are noble benefactors is just happy coincidence.

I tell you what though. You are right about going to the Soggy Piper. We will soon, after I've done your chains. We will tell stories about our bravery and the fine, upstanding John the Third who was such a fine chap who deserved to be rescued. Such fine stories.

I hope none of our party sup too much of the free ale and misremember the story of your rescue.

Now, hold still again. "


Morton lifts his Dueling Sword above his head, concentrates for a beat while it shimmers, then brings it crashing through the chain.

OOCSwift action Arcane Strike for +1 Damage

Dice Poweeeeer Attaaaaack:
1d20+6 (17)+6 Total = 23

Dice Damage:
1d8+10 (8)+10 Total = 18

Do I subtract 10 from that? Not sure. Those are my rolls anyway.

And for Morton's little tale to John 3,
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+9 (18)+9 Total = 27


Ooh, hot dice.


Last edited by Captain K; Jan 12th, 2014 at 04:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
Naum edges around the conversation and remains quiet. None of the men look hurt so much they'd need immediate attention. He waits and listens, but when the chain is struck a query strikes him.

"If this does not strike your egos, I recommend traveling with us to the Piper. Better to part ways somewhere safer over parting ways here."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB