The Silent Tide - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 06:20 PM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Seeing the would-be-invaders flee Reyd stops and sheaths his sword. When the chained man speaks of nobility, Reyd spits on the ground Here I thought we were saving innocents

He retrieves his bolt and reloads his crossbow. About the men he seems indifferent. we should ask all their names before letting them go, friends.

Walking over to Naum, the Druid, he hands back the brown potion. Thank you again, good Sir.

Inventory
 

Last edited by coldmug; Jan 12th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
"Well yes....yes of course! I couldn't imagine such a thing happen and although it almost did, I really cannot fathom the consequences." At the thought of such a circumstance happening, John shudders a bit as he begins to shake from the cold breeze wafting through the terrain. "I tell you what...I don't think Yargos will mind if you are representing a good cause. If you are too aid him and protect him and his interest, I can see value in your point Bard! It's just that in times like these, Nobles such as I have been singled out as the bad guy. It is not our fault that the commoners do not have the intelligence and power of fist to firmly root their presence with more clout, positions of authority and coin.

I care little for the war the secessionists wage against us but Yargo's is a wanted man and I have to protect my interests in keeping him alive. It's to the point that everyone wants him and for what? I will tell you what I know if you can convince me your not just another hired cut throat commoner trying to kidnap the poor sap. Where are you from and what are your views of the secessionists versus the loyalists? "


Out of CharacterI will need someone else to respond to Johns question and roll a interaction based skill. His attitude has went from hostile to indifferent and one more passed skill test and he will be friendly and assist in helping you.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 07:18 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
"I am from the trees and forests and I have opinions on those matters, not the ones you speak of." The half-orc upends his palms pleadingly. "The guild's esteemed Adril Hestram sent us, pushed us quickly into the cold you see. Time is of the essence."

With a bow of the head, "We are novitiate pathfinders and us each seek Yargo's safety. For fame, fortune or what have you is hardly the matter."
 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
"Ah the ways of a Druidic Half-Orc. Then you know of the schism between people of different races and cultures. You can agree that sometimes not everyone feels the same about certain knowledge but are systematically judged and labeled because they are apart of something. This stigma of the noble blood is taxing me financially.

I say your good people and because I have a wisdom about such things. I would do well to hire you on to take care of some of my colleagues work but I see that you have an employer. So druid of the Half-Orcs....I will tell you where Yargos Gill is located. Yargos spends his time his small sanctuary away from home. A library of sorts. This building is run down and is kept open by the Tax Collectors of the city. It is an eye sore to the Aristocrats who want to totally renovate this District and build new buildings and shops.

Yargos spends his time in this library towards the eastern border of the Docks District and the Puddles District. the Building is located near a block or two away from the main hubris of activity from the docking ship yards. There are a few taverns of ill repute and both districts share activity of low lifes and scum around. If you can find Yargos there tell him John sent you and he should warm up to you nicely. Now if there are not anymore questions thank you for the rescue and you can come to me for a favor."
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 08:22 PM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Reyd listens intently, but holds his tongue. He would have a thing or two to tell this pompous oaf, but this is not the time nor place. Let us hasten to Yargos then

He speaks closer to the ranger, Molrim, do you think it would be useful to track the pack of cowards?
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Captain K Captain K is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Posts: 1,777
"Excellent, sir.

Thank you very much.

Absolutely delighted to have made your acquaintance. Shame it was in such perilous circumstances.

We hope Mr. Gill is not suffering under such a burden. No kidnapping from me, certainly. All a bit grasping and infra dig, wouldn't you say?

Very well gentlemen, I suggest you repair to your more comfortable quarters. Enough adventure for today, eh? "


He smiles widely again and tips his hat as a goodbye. No need to be rude, they were possibly just distressed from the ordeal. Well, probably not, Lord Muck here has made his attitude clear. Still, I have my name out and he has offered a favour. Chalk one up in the ledger.

In any case, it probably isn't enough adventure or one day, not for us, anyway.


"Hmm. Reyd?

Can we do that? Have these thugs not got too much of a head start? If the pair of you think the trail remains hot, please do lead on. Yargos is not expecting us, a half-hour delay may not make a difference.

Other opinions, companions? Vote?"
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 09:00 PM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
It seems that these thugs were after something. Yargos may be in peril, but for now his location remains secret.

But I do not like walking into places unprepared. We should perhaps visit Yargos and figure out exactly what is happening around here.


Reyd thinks for a moment. He has
Dice Knowledge Local:
1d20+8 (16)+8 Total = 24
heard the name before, but he can't quite put it.

Last edited by coldmug; Jan 12th, 2014 at 09:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
GM Note

 
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 09:28 PM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Ah, I recall now! Reyd snaps his fingers and relays his knowledge on Yargos to the rest of the group.

It might be smart to go visit Yargos first then. Try to see if he'll give us any more information. The War Hounds must still be looking for him.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
As everything seems to come to a conclusion, Belros comes charging up with a great scowl upon his face and a soggy and muddy boot in hand. "Sorry... Boot got stuck in the mud and I couldn't get it out," he says sheepishly to the others. "Looks like you all handled it quite well."

The large cleric finally pauses to empty the boot of the water in it and hops around on one foot as he puts it back on. Finally getting his balance once more and trying to collect his dignity, he says, "I'm all for heading to find Yargos. I have no doubt of the skills of those who could track their attackers but I doubt much would be gained from finding them and might even allow time for others to catch up with Yargos."

Thinking about the book that Yargos is rumored to have been working on, Belros tries to think about anything he might know from his own research about the book or the Taldorians that would help them figure out what is going on.

Knowledge - History check
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (17)+8 Total = 25


OOC QuestionAre we using the Fast level progression or one of the others?
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
GM Note

 

Last edited by Storm; Jan 12th, 2014 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is online now
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,534
A favor hmm? Skurvin thinks to himself. That could come in very handy.

Skurvin maintains a carefully guarded smile while the noble speaks. It is best to let such men prattle on and feel important. It makes them easier to manipulate. As to the current course of action, it seems obvious to him.

“I agree.” he says to the party, referring to Yargos, “Finding our quarry is top priority. Once he is in our custody, we can better protect him and deal with these thugs.”
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Jan 12th, 2014 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
Naum bows deeply at the noble's response and edges politely away. Shlepping, he nears the edge of the maw and peers over. He fingers the soaked ledge, then his right temple. Frowning now, because his thoughts are on death.

His associates demonstrate their knowledge and the half-orc groups nearer. "I agree with Reyd that we should find Yargos first and foremost."
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
Continuing back from whence you came, through the muddy water and through the run down homes water level high, there was a sense of urgency. Not because you valued Yaros life nor the fact that a Thieves Guild is newly forming but a dreadful feeling that an ancient enemy has resurfaced and the thought of their presence lingering so long after their last invasionary attempt four hundred centuries ago by their Imperial Naval Fleet against the shores of Absalom were mostly defeated by the smaller kingdom of the small isle nation.

Now pressed for time, the back tracking was slow and tedious till blocks later, water level was foot high. The Puddles District is known for their flooding and most tenaments and buildings are poorly rotted and soaked from ages in the refuse of the Inner Sea.

The time is near dark and now the lamp lighters light the scones and torches that dot the sidings of houses and shops along the way. There is little merchantile or street vendors in Puddles, mostly the poor trying to salvage some type of food for the night. The poor decree starvation in their deepest holds of the home as food is scarce, the word on the streets is that a naval blockade has stopped Absalom from obtaining it's needed food source such as staples of grain, livestock, vegetables and fruits from the Jungle Expanses and other multitude of various sources.

Because of Absalom's neutrality, most viewed Absalom as a rich nation steeped with enough coin to fill the merchants and sellers pockets full of brimming coin. Not many enemies but maybe one that has a navy and is trying to stop Absalom and raid the shipping lanes.

Beggars and Commoners hold out metal and pewter cups trying to beg for a penny or two as woman slosh through the water with children in tow trying to get home in time for their husband returning from work. Many men of common distinction held down employment in the city guard or shoaled coal in the mines on the outer fringes of the inner city. Some were store vendors who competed with other business but were failing miserably because of competition. They were a proud race of mostly humans who believed the taxes that were collected were too high to afford and wanted a new regime.

These secessionists believed in lowering taxes and more freedoms for the common person. The Fife Hierarchy of the Grand Council decreed that person not born of wealth or compared tithe's should sell their first born into the Military. Some Commoner Loyalists believed in this right but it was an older tradition that was dying with each passing year.

Within a few more hours through traversing through the crowded and slum district, you are near the outlaying border of the Dock district where the Puddle ends. Turning through streets and corners you have arrived at the building. The name on the building is of old age to the point that clear words have been erased from the annuls of time. The building is made out of brick and mortar to withstand the temperamental weather coming from the near shore. In the Winter, the winds are viscous and harsh as the rain in the spring and fall can be taxing on a building. Someone at some point has made a clear effort to make this building stand the test of time.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jan 12th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Captain K Captain K is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Posts: 1,777
"I'm certainly not one to argue with such a sensible majority. Excellent! Lead on... someone. Ahem. Sorry, I am not local - bit vague on the docks library. Mr. Blackmane? Skurvin? Doubtless you know your city... Or we could take a taxi carriage like grown-ups. Your lady friend fond of taxis? Can she fit in them?"

Last edited by Storm; Jan 13th, 2014 at 12:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:18 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB