The Silent Tide - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:22 AM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
"Well no use to just standing around, lets keep trying!" molrim grunts as he gives his own shot and ripping down the door. He walks a couple steps back and before he tries, quickly looks at Faunra and nods his head and grins "I feel lucky." Molrim
Dice Strength check:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
Charges the door with all his might.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Belros looks at the broken lock picks in the keyhole and then the subsequent failed efforts of his companions to break the door down and let's out a hearty laugh. "Well aren't we off to a great start!" he says with another chuckle. "Here, let me have a go at it."

The large cleric loosens and tightens the grip on his warhammer as he sizes up the door once more. Setting his jaw he then attempts to smash the door and knock it off its hinges at the least.

 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Reyd walks over to the door. This is fine. We scared off the War Hounds only to be bested by a door!. Chuckling at the ridiculous situation they had gotten into he tried to im trying to find weaknesses, or at least figure out the mechanism so maybe I get a bonus to disable the hinges. GMs discretion of course.
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (15)+7 Total = 22
see if he could find a weak spot in the hinges. He used what was left of his tools to the masterwork tools gave me a+2 so I basically removed that, if you want to give me a penalty of 2 use a +6 instead here.
Dice Disable device:
1d20+8 (18)+8 Total = 26
try and loosen the hinges.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,198
As Reyd works diligently on the door, Faunra scans the building for any windows that are perhaps in-need of breaking.
__________________
Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:09 AM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
Having been silent the whole time and seemingly disappeared from the group, Pogar says nothing but walks up to the door, takes his great axe and with a two handed swing, he chops at the door as if he was trying to split a log.

 
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
"I think we should follow in suit with Pogar!" As soon as Pogar moves from the door Molrim puts silvertip to the side and pulls out his elven blade. He takes it and
Dice Attack Roll:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
Dice Damage:
1d10+6 (10)+6 Total = 16
slashes at the door with all his might.

Last edited by Totentanzen; Jan 13th, 2014 at 10:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,198
Amolas continues his valiant quest for dinner, and Faunra scans the building for windows and other points of possible entry. If we can't get in through a door, maybe there's a window somewhere about? She looks up at the building to see if she can discern a chimney stack. Or perhaps one of our climbers can check the roof for an access point? She realizes this is easily-said indeed, for she'd not be the one doing the climbing.
__________________
Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
Molrim after his dismal attempt at hitting the door almost missing it takes Amolas advice and tries to redeem himself. Molrim
Dice Acrobatics:
1d20+7 (1)+7 Total = 8
climbs the building to see if any other ways could be seen.

Last edited by Totentanzen; Jan 13th, 2014 at 11:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,534
Skurvin, growing impatient, holds out a hand and begins acid splash over and over, using it like a welding torch.spraying acid around the edges of the door.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
With the aid of the enlarge spell upon Pogar and the acid around the door, the magic cast upon the dwarven fighter enlarges him to a size larger around medium as the dwarf clears the way and makes a running start while holding his axe above his head and swings down upon the door. The wood splinters and buckles underneath the strength of the Dwarf.

Then Pogar enters first with battle axe in hand and apparently alerting any inside to the presence of your band of adventurers. The large room is caste in dimly lit illumination as dust covered tables are covered with grim and soot from lack of care. The floor is in the same shape although the floor is dry but covered in dust as well. A few of you mostly magicians and spell casters light their torches with a spark of flint upon steel as the torches oil brightly burns showing more of the large room.

There are dimly lit candles across the room as a man has his back turned to you. He is sitting at a long table that has been cleaned off and keeps studying a book in front of him. He is incessantly flipping page after page as if he has stumbled upon something important. The man is oblivious to your presence as he talks and mumbles to himself.

There are book shelves lining the sides of the room which seem to carry tomes of ancient origin. A particular place of history, these books would make a fine edition in a library more suitable for viewing and reading. Making a mental note to move the books to a decent location, the man is finally aware of your presence and turns his head to see the nine of you standing there.
"
Oh my, if Nessian has sent for me, I will not go politely. I detest violence but I must admit that I was gold champion in my sparring class in training of the martial arts!"
The haughtiness of Yargo's voice was a bit shaken with fear. His feelings of impending doom kept him seated and un sheathing a small blade that would do minimal damage if any against any of you.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Quickly rushing in after Pogar as he splits the door asunder, Belros relaxes a bit as he sees no immediate danger in the room. Looking around at the books lining the shelves he longs to tuck them away for study later. He marvels at the secrets they might contain within their pages. As Yargos makes his stance, Belros lowers his warhammer and shield, holding his empty hands before him in plain sight.

"Easy Yargos. Nessian most definitely did not send us and we do not wish you any harm. Quite the opposite in fact. We are here to help and protect you." The cleric of Torag speaks calmly but clearly as he tries to still the man's fears. "No need for anyone to be stuck by that blade or test your sparring skills."

 

Last edited by Belros; Jan 13th, 2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Made bold the text of Belros speaking.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Even as he speaks the words to Yargos, Belros himself feels little in the way of comfort. His eight other companions behind him, weapons drawn and ready for blood present a far different picture than his words attempt to portray.

 
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,534
Skurvin offers a
Dice diplomacy:
d20+7 (19)+7 Total = 26
diplomatic smile as he puts his hands up in a placating manner. "Come now, Yargo, there is no need for that. I assure you we do not mean you harm. We simply wish to speak with you."

__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Jan 13th, 2014 at 03:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
Molrim seeing the situation and feeling the tension on the hairs of his neck trys to join Skurvin in coming the situation. Molrim takes a slow step forward as the wood creaks under his feet. He looks at Yargos with kind, eyes trying to remove any tension from his face and to seem relaxed. Seme takes his one hand and slowly opens his cloak to reveal his scabbard and proceeds to sheath his elven blade. He then looks back to the others and whispers "Put your weapons away we need to show him we mean no harm. Just like Skurvin" Upon doing that he raises he smooth but battle worn hands in the air as he
Dice Diplomacy:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
speaks directly to Yargos with a half smile"We mean you no harm my friend, we are here for quite the opposite reason, we want to lend you a helping hand and to provide protection.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
In his enlarged state, Pogar crashes through the door and trips over the splintered wood causing him to stumble forward. Realizing that his balance is about to fail him, Pogar tucks his head and throws himself forward, into a nice shoulder roll and he rolls back onto his feet, holding his large axe in both hands, prepared to swing.

He looks up, then realizes the different view and smirks to himself. "Aye, tha weather'd be nice up 'ere." he grumbles to no one in particular before he barks out a rough laugh, at his own joke. Once the threat assessment has been made, Pogar visibly relaxes.

He turns his attention to the seated man, drawing a little knife and smirks. "Lad, ye've ne'er met the like o' ole Pogar. Ye may be a decent 'and as a sparing partner, but tha smell o yer own blood 'n tha searing pain o' tha sword in yer belly'd make ye think different." he grumbles as the hard wooden haft of his great axe slaps into his open palm.

As the others speak their placating words of peace, Pogar looks at them all, then sighs. "Aye, ye'd be safe from me axe, laddy. Pogar'd nae hurt ye, unless'n ye'd be deservin it." he says as he takes in the surrounding environment.
 

Last edited by doggius; Jan 13th, 2014 at 08:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB