The Silent Tide - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,198
Faunra had wrestled Amolas away from whatever prey he may have been hunting, placed him snuggly somewhere into her backpack and strolled freely through the door. She had half a mind to tip her door man, but since Pogar used her spell, figured they would call it even.

Faunra sees Yargo after lighting her torch, as do her other associates. Leaving the fine diplomats in her party to assisting their person of interest, Faunra has a look at the various books shelved in the room.

 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 13th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 06:23 PM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Finally! I was beginning to think we'd need a team of ogres.. Out of habit, Reyd
Dice Perception, traps:
1d20+8 (3)+8 Total = 11
scans his surroundings, checking for hidden traps or other menaces.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Captain K Captain K is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Posts: 1,777
"Yargos Gill. How d'you do. Morton Juniper.

I do apologise for bursting in like that but it was neccessary and ARE YOU DEAF?"




"Seriously.

They were bashing down that door with axes and you could sit here reading your book as if nothing was happening? What is wrong with you?

Anyway, due to your all-consuming bookworm interest, I can only assume the volume in question is the old code book relating to the Taldorian invasions. We need it. Defence of the realm and all that. Fellows down the Soggy Piper said you'd be good for it.

Also, we come on the recommendation of our new friend, John the Third.

Saved his live, y'know."

Last edited by Captain K; Jan 13th, 2014 at 06:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
Naum walks in last, quietly nursing his sore shoulder and bruised ego.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,534
While the others try to calm the strange little man down, Kria waits by the door, keeping an eye out. She seems to have little to no interest in Yargos, despite his threats. Her red eyes
Dice Perception:
d20+5 (10)+5 Total = 15
stare out from under her hooded cloak, alert to any possible dangers.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
As Skurvin and Mortin convivially entertain Yargos the man begins to speak as he turns his head back to reading and the important discovery he just found." Well if you are not with Nessian than I have nothing to fear. All of you can be on your way, now shoo! " with a flick of his left wrist wearing expensive jewlery and an explorers outfit, the man tries to wave you away without any response. It seemed that his road to fame has made him quite oblivious to the needs of others as if he always got his way and that there wasn't much weight in your words.

Then after a brief moment or two Yargos Gill raises his head and looks up and turns his head around once more and begins to speak again." I say, why are you still here? Do you not understand the common tongue? Is my accent too broken or maybe you do not comprehend the words I say. Whatever the case maybe, I care little for protection as I have the backing of a powerful faction who wants nothing more than to receive my accommodations. I know of Adril Hestram and his over sized bunch of societal adventurers but I must admit that they only want to take. See Yargos receives. He receives a lot of compensation for his work.

This work is crucial to the Loyalists Nobles who want a new Absalom. I shouldn't be telling you all of this so after I tell you my plans I will use the trap that is reserved for Nessian. See what I hold is crucial to Taldor's involvement as of late. This plan from Taldor is the first of many plans to recapture the once proud Empires old glory. This codex has the magic to animate the lost Naval Armadas used in Taldor's many invasion and siege attempts versus Absalom.

The book contains ancient magics used to summon ghost fleets from other worldly planes. The Loyalists have a secret pact with Taldor that if Taldor is successful, the Loyalists will put to the stake all commoners and start over in a newly formed daughter state of Absalom. The Loyalists will have full preview of functionality of this city state and live a more harmonious life without the capricious and fickle meddling of the Commoners.

The Taldorians are not the only ones interested in capturing a piece of Absalom. There are my benefactors who wish to append the near by Isle of Kortos for themselves, These aquatic beings are races of Saughaguin, Trogldytes and Lizardmen. Here you can meet them for yourselves. His name is Szaazz and he is King of the Water People."


Entering the room is a Lizardman accompanied by two pet lizards and four Trogldytes. Saliva and drool fall from their maws as an awful and odorous smell emanate from them. They smell of rotted fish and offal. Appearing from an underground entrance, they spread around the nine of you who are central to the room. They immediately knock the chairs and tables out of the way. This must be their entrance to the Inner Sea. Probably an underground cove that exits the Inner Sea. They look hungry and evil.

Out of CharacterI need a Fortitude Save from everyone or become sickened from the stench. Please roll initiative.

Last edited by Storm; Jan 13th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 09:40 PM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Reyd listens to the man's ramblings, and he becomes more and more convinced that he is a fool drunk with power. He has barely time to collect his thoughts on the subject when the hideous reptilian forms emerge into the room. Look sharp, boys. We have company. Reyd draws his rapier just as the first
Dice Fortitude save:
1d20+1 (14)+1 Total = 15
whiff of the awful odor reaches his nostrils.

With a
Dice Sleight of Hand:
1d20+8 (19)+8 Total = 27
flick of his wrist, Reyd
Dice Attack roll with dagger, thrown, +4:
1d20+4 (13)+4 Total = 17
launches his dagger, which sails through the air towards one of the lizards, hopefully
Dice Damage roll, only applicable if attack successful:
1d4+2 (3)+2 Total = 5
piercing its throat. He grips his rapier solidly
Dice Initiative roll :) for Drama's sake:
1d20+5 (11)+5 Total = 16
awaiting combat.

OOC
 

Last edited by coldmug; Jan 13th, 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:16 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 8266
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,534
Seeing that negotiations have ended, Skurvin prepares for battle. As the
Dice fortitude save:
d20-1 (15)-1 Total = 14
smell reaches him, he coughs out for aid. “Kria, I need you!”

No sooner are the words out of his mouth than his total defense, +4 to ACguardian places herself between her master and the threat. The
Dice fortitude save:
d20+6 (12)+6 Total = 18
eidolon readies her claws and lets out a deep threatening growl as Skurvin touches her back and whispers, Shield spell, +4 shield bonus to ACShield from harm
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:21 PM
Captain K Captain K is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Posts: 1,777
Morton immediately draws his sword and steps up to the reptilians.

He shouts lustily, as is his way.

"Fellows! Look what the tide dragged in! Be up and at 'em, lads!

Fear not, our victory is assured! Our enemy has just announced his evil plan to us before unleashing a flawed trap. If I know anything about heroes and narrative structure, we should prevail!

Mr. Gill! I hear you are a commoner yourself, you just want to pull the ladder away from under you? Typical arriviste politics. Learn some economics before you try to decimate the working class, you moron.

You'll be able to dwell on your folly at leisure. Someone grab him, I'm taking down the smelly things!"


OOCwe already have an initiative roll in the OOC thread. I only have a +1, can't beat it so no point rolling.

Dice Fortitude save:
1d20+3 (15)+3 Total = 18


Swift action: Draw sword
Move: get in to block against the lizard man
Standard: Start Bardic Performance Inspire Courage.

Everyone getsAn affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Jan 13th, 2014, 10:56 PM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
Pogar bristles at the contemptuous way the bejeweled man dismisses the group, but Pogar holds back from lashing out at the fop. He quickly regrets that thought as the strange human babbles on and on. During the mans tirade, Pogar hacks deeply from his chest and spits a dark gob of mucus heavily mixed with decades of stone dust that splats on the ground loudly.

While looking around, Pogar detects a faint scent and he sniffs the air, then he stops moving. A curious look is on his face and he sniffs two more times. Without moving his head, he looks to one side, then the next as if he's thinking. "Uh, tha'd nae be me." he says, then adds "I think."

At the appearance of the Lizardmen and troglodytes, there is a visible relaxation on Pogars face. "Aye, smelt a wee flowery afer me smell." he exclaims. Turning his attention towards the newcomers Pogar turns towards them.

"Fate'd nae be yer friend today." he says with a glint in his eye and bellows out a challenge.

 
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by doggius; Jan 13th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Kainti's Avatar
Kainti Kainti is offline
Pissant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 300
Kainti Kainti Kainti Kainti
Posts: 1,696
Men of great ambition do have the most productive mouths. Naum reflected, moments before the lizardmen made their entrance. His focus changed to the memory of
Dice fort:
1d20+6 (12)+6 Total = 18
mildew and honey in an effort to keep his lunch.

With a gulp he swallows down the stench and locks his hands together in tight grip. "To my aid, summon nature's ally II, wolfraith usilr raith."

 

Last edited by Kainti; Jan 14th, 2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: because bards are pretty a'ight
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
Molrim cringes as the
Dice Fort:
1d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16
smell drifts its way to his nose. "I hear lizard tastes great when cooked to perfection! So try to avoid the meat! Molrim says as he chuckles to himself. "And the sooner they are dead the sooner we can get out of this room and into the fresh air." Molrim Move action: Retrieve bow and Knock an arrowdraws his bow,aims at one of the lizard men not blocked by an ally and lets the arrow I am assuming we are within 30ft which gives me a +1 bonus, if we are not then I only get the +8
Dice Attack:
1d20+9 (20)+9 Total = 29
Dice Damage:
1d10+2 (6)+2 Total = 8
I get a +1 to confirm critical rolls
Dice Critical:
1d20+10 (14)+10 Total = 24
If critical hits it deals x3 damage. Also add 1 to hit on both dice and 1 to damage do I deal a total of 27 damage.
fly

Last edited by Totentanzen; Jan 14th, 2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Got a critical!
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 24th, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,198
Her cursory search of the ancient tomes interrupted by ugly lizards and such, Faunra turns to face her adversaries.
Dice Fortitude:
1d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
The stench was overpowering. Meanwhile Amolas softly utters a minor encouragement before burying himself a bit deeper into the solace of the elf wizard’s backpack. Don't mess this up, you Sorry Lot!May-r-l.

Hmmm, well these here are green and nasty indeed. While glaringly obvious, such a firm statement was nonetheless true. She moves some distance away from her opponents; and then, extending her right arm, forth the elf sends her quarterstaff into the air like a missle - its destination being the noggin of the beast closest to her. And then just as quickly, the staff returns and falls to the ground before her. What fine magicks indeed!

 
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 14th, 2014 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Belros stood horrified as he listened to the arrogant words of Yargos. He could hardly believe that the man would have anything to do with the wicked plan of the Loyalists or be in league with lizard men and troglodytes. The man obviously only cared about wealth but seemed oblivious to the reality that he might not be around to spend it!

Choking
Dice down:
1d20+5 (7)+5 Total = 12
the bile that rose in his throat, Belros readies his shield and warhammer and prepares for battle. Stepping forward he closes on one of the lizardmen and attacks. His warhammer swings through the air with a speed that belies the man's size but comes down with a crashing blow that showcases his strength.

 

Last edited by Belros; Jan 14th, 2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Edited the text to reflect attack target and possible hit.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Jan 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
 

Last edited by Belros; Jan 14th, 2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Made adjustment for Inspire Courage from bard.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:38 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB