The Silent Tide - Continuation - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jan 25th, 2014, 11:59 PM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
"Aye, the lass out there jus tell'd us there'd be some underground dwell'ns. She say'd one o' tha chil'ens er siblin's died." Pogar mutters, stepping closer into the entrance of the corridor. Turning towards Belros with a slight glint in his eye, Pogar smiles through his thick bushy beard.

"I be know'n tha answer, but, ye wanna take a we peek?" he says with a nod of his head towards the stairway.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
Molrim nods to the carriage driver has he hands him the Ill pay for this one someone can get it next time =)copper coins and then turns his mind back to the docks. This is quite a vast area with, with so many people someone is bound to know something about the war hounds. Molrim looks about and sees the various building across from the docks. "Looks like there is an inn and a tavern over yonder, little bit of a walk. Probably going to be our best chance of finding information. In my experience the common folk tend to be loose with their tongues after a few drinks.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Captain K Captain K is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 3rd, 2014
RPXP: 4666
Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K Captain K
Posts: 1,777
Morton smiles at Molrim.

"Yes", he says, "common people do like to have a drink. Please don't say that in there.

Right. The 'Crimson Coin' it is. Let's go inside. I'll play some cards, lose a few silver, we can sniff around and show whoever is inside that we are interesting people. Get their attention. Coax them, don't go in shouting."

Last edited by Captain K; Jan 26th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,195
Faunra was happy Pogar answered Tham's question. It freed her to step carefully aside the half-elf to investigate the now-not-so-hidden passage. Seems Amolas had already taken that initiative, and now wizard and familiar peer together into the darkness. Amolas Special ability: Scentsniffs about the immediate area while Faunra, a bit more perceptive familiar ability: gains Alertness featwith her feline companion at her side, uses her keen senses to examine the darkened corridor.

 

 

__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 26th, 2014 at 02:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggius View Post
"Aye, the lass out there jus tell'd us there'd be some underground dwell'ns. She say'd one o' tha chil'ens er siblin's died." Pogar mutters, stepping closer into the entrance of the corridor. Turning towards Belros with a slight glint in his eye, Pogar smiles through his thick bushy beard.

"I be know'n tha answer, but, ye wanna take a we peek?" he says with a nod of his head towards the stairway.
"I believe we should," answers Belros to Pogar. "We can't have someone or some 'thing' come up behind us while we are trying to work and gather the books. What say we all take a short walk down this corridor before deciding how best to proceed. I don't want us to get too far away from one another in case trouble shows up.

Looking at Faunra and Tham, he then adds, "But I leave the decision up to you. We could always try and barricade this section or block it some way... He trails off as he tries to think of ways to do that, knowing that Pogar has probably already thought of a half-dozen ways to effectively do such a task. The priest doesn't immediately notice that Faunra has already sent her companion to investigate.

Last edited by Belros; Jan 26th, 2014 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain K View Post
Morton smiles at Molrim.

"Yes", he says, "common people do like to have a drink. Please don't say that in there.

Right. The 'Crimson Coin' it is. Let's go inside. I'll play some cards, lose a few silver, we can sniff around and show whoever is inside that we are interesting people. Get their attention. Coax them, don't go in shouting."
"Of course i would never tell them that! I plan to show them instead, few human stomachs can match that of an Elf's!" "I plan on drinking one of them under the table to get my information" Molrim thought has he began to walk in the direction of the 'Crimson Coin'.

Last edited by Totentanzen; Jan 26th, 2014 at 03:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jan 26th, 2014, 10:25 PM
coldmug's Avatar
coldmug coldmug is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 5th, 2014
RPXP: 272
coldmug coldmug coldmug
Posts: 175
Finding Nessian
Quote:
Molrim thought has he began to walk in the direction of the 'Crimson Coin'.
Reyd smiled at his fellow travellers. Of course the best information does not come from dunkards He started walking towards the Crimson Coin. He took a
Dice Basic Perception check +8:
1d20+8 (15)+8 Total = 23
trained look around the docks, looking for something familiar or unfamiliar, or out of the way.

The dark facade of the small tavern rose before the party. A solid wooden door greeted them with a swinging metal sign in the shape of a coin hovering over their heads. Reyd pushed against the brass knocker and the door smoothly swung open on its obviously well-oiled hinges. Loud boisterous laughter mixed with a potent soup of smoke and fumes assailed his nose. Reyd stepped inside the moderately sized, dimly lit yet warm room. The bartender looked busy and the wenches looked harassed. Just a regular day on the docks then.

As the party followed him inside, Reyd nodded to them Let's try to get as much information we can. He lowered his hood and So I want to look, so that would be perception but I'm hoping to find someone I know like a contact or something so that would probably be Knowledge: Local? Or maybe you want them both in succession? I'm gonna roll both and let you decide.
Dice Perception:
1d20+8 (17)+8 Total = 25
and
Dice Knowledge:Local:
1d20+8 (13)+8 Total = 21
looked around trying to see if he could find anyone looking guild related or perhaps a contact.


Last edited by coldmug; Jan 26th, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,195
Basement Beneath The Library, or something like that
Quote:
"I believe we should," answers Belros to Pogar. "We can't have someone or some 'thing' come up behind us while we are trying to work and gather the books. What say we all take a short walk down this corridor before deciding how best to proceed. I don't want us to get too far away from one another in case trouble shows up.

Looking at Faunra and Tham, he then adds, "But I leave the decision up to you. We could always try and barricade this section or block it some way... He trails off as he tries to think of ways to do that, knowing that Pogar has probably already thought of a half-dozen ways to effectively do such a task. The priest doesn't immediately notice that Faunra has already sent her companion to investigate.
The brief “search and sniff” action completed, Faunra leans her head slightly back towards Belros. Well...there’s definitely something down there. The elven mage ooc, per Drama’s post: Amolas scent and alertness has picked up a whiff as strong as something rotting. Not sure if it's more Trogs or something else. relates her general findings to the group. I would assume this leads down to the sewers, or at least to somewhere that our wet nemeses may be hanging out. I wonder if I can gauge how far down this passage goes, where it might end-up, and what obstacles we might anticipate along the way.
Dice Knowledge, Dungeoneering:
1d20+10 (19)+10 Total = 29
Hmmm.


After giving the corridor Deferring to future DM post for a description of what, if anything, the aforementioned Know,Dungeoneering check might've gleaneda wizardly-good look, Faunra looks back to her group. Having sniffed around for anything that might interest him, Amolas moves away from the passageway too and just looks up at his mistress - in the curious, questioning way that cats often do. The elven debutante hesitates but for a moment, and then smiles cunningly. Seems she’s allowed curiosity to get the best of her. I say we get ourselves downstairs for a quick look-see. We can always come back and close it all up later. She again turns and looks at the secret staircase, inquisitively. I also wonder if we couldn't rig some sort of trap of our own, maybe give our reptilian friends a bit of a surprise when they eventually decide to come back through this way? Those thieving sneakster-types in our group, out on their own mission now of course, would probably be better-suited for helping us do something like that I suppose; I'd have to take an inventory and see what I'd have to offer in that regard, but such could be quite an amusing prospect.

Amolas scurries back into the wizard's backpack. He's clearly had enough of the chattering for now. Right, then. Down the staircase we go! I actually have some +9reasonable stealth skills and could scout-ahead a bit, if that would be helpful; why Amolas and I could sneak ourselves right down there a short-ways, come right back and tell the whole lot of you what I see so we can set ourselves up properly and all like that. And, I can blow on my handy signal whistle holds up the signal whistle she wears around her neckhere if gods forbid I get into any real trouble. Any other thoughts on this matter before we go forth?

Wizard and feline were anxious to get downstairs into the dark, dank basement for a quick look-about. After all, would could possibly go wrong?
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 27th, 2014 at 09:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Library Labyrinth

Belros listens quietly as Faunra relates the findings of Amolas after its search. Not for the first time in his life the cleric is impressed with the bond and abilities shared between wizard and familiar. It seemed a strange concept to him, however, and he wondered what it would be like to communicate with the animal. Putting aside the thought for now though he turns his attention back to the matter at hand. The knowledge that there was something rotting in an abandoned tunnel could mean anything but he was certainly hoping it wasn't something large and something waiting to be animated and harass them.

"Don't go too far ahead," Belros responds in answer to Faunra. "Porag and I are not made for speed or stealth so perhaps you are best suited to the task at hand. But stay close enough that we can come quickly if need be.

Bel checks his shield and readies his hammer. He looks to see if Porag has any other thoughts or advice to add. Otherwise the cleric will get settled and ready to aid Faunra if need be.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 10:14 AM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belros View Post
Library Labyrinth

Belros listens quietly as Faunra relates the findings of Amolas after its search. Not for the first time in his life the cleric is impressed with the bond and abilities shared between wizard and familiar. It seemed a strange concept to him, however, and he wondered what it would be like to communicate with the animal. Putting aside the thought for now though he turns his attention back to the matter at hand. The knowledge that there was something rotting in an abandoned tunnel could mean anything but he was certainly hoping it wasn't something large and something waiting to be animated and harass them.

"Don't go too far ahead," Belros responds in answer to Faunra. "Porag and I are not made for speed or stealth so perhaps you are best suited to the task at hand. But stay close enough that we can come quickly if need be.

Bel checks his shield and readies his hammer. He looks to see if Porag has any other thoughts or advice to add. Otherwise the cleric will get settled and ready to aid Faunra if need be.
Library Labyrinth
As Faunra begins to head into the darkness, Pogar hisses. "Ye'd best ta be lett'n Belros an' mesel' go ahead o' ye, lassy. Dinnae wanna git yer fair skin color'd wi' yer blood er nae a thin' like that." he says and throws the elven wizard a wink. Turning towards Belros he smiles.

"Lad, me name'd be POGAR, nae Porag. Though, once I met a lad name'd Porag. Lad was a wee lippy, an' a lesson had ta be shown. So, 'e's now wish'n 'ed ne'er met tha like o' ole Pogar." he quips with a snicker.

Without another word, Pogar steps down the stairs. He pauses for a second, smelling the fouls stench, he recoils and harshly whispers "Death 'as pass by this way. On yer toes, lad." One would expect him to thump down the stairs, but he moves with uncharacteristic patience and grace that belies the bellacose dwarf.

Reaching the bottom of the stairs, he
Dice perception:
1d20+2 (6)+2 Total = 8
peers into the darkness and moves to allow room for Belros and Faunra before moving onwards.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Belros's Avatar
Belros Belros is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 17th, 2015
RPXP: 2935
Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros Belros
Posts: 1,835
Library LabyrinthBelros how do you account for a typo when relating a mistake? ha! sorry.blushes slightly at messing up his friends name. Belros generally had a bad time with names. He could remember so many other small and inconsequential things, historical tidbits from centuries before, but he had the hardest trouble remembering names and putting with faces of his acquaintances. He remembered an instructor from the monastery that was particularly difficult for him to remember. And it was such a common name at that...Jon? Tom? Jim? Even now he couldn't remember...

"Begging your forgiveness, Friend Pogar. Please do not hold it against me. I've probably been hit against the head by dwarven hammers too many times as it is."

Belros is impressed as Pogar quietly and gracefully makes his way down the stairs. He isn't sure that he'll be able to move with near the stealth or grace so he waits for Pogar and Faunra to get a bit ahead of him before he heads down. He decides that it might be best for him to bring up the rear. Looking at Tham he asks, "You staying here or coming with us? Your choice but I certainly can't swear that something particularly mean or nasty won't come and find you up here. If you come with us, stick close to me and you'll be safe."

As he heads down, Belros does his best to keep his eyes open and try to find anything that perhaps Faunra or Pogar missed.

 

Last edited by Belros; Jan 27th, 2014 at 11:06 AM. Reason: corrected a typo + added noteset
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is online now
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,195
Library Labrynth
Unless stopped by Tham having anything important to say, Faunra makes her way down the stairs, speaking quietly to her group regarding anything pertinent her last Knowledge Dungeoneering, Post #38cursory examination might’ve revealed. In any case, she makes her way down the stairs behind Pogar, allowing Belros to take-up the rear of their adventuresome line-up. Amolas scurries back out of the backpack and into the fray once again, as Faunra gathers her things. The elf gives a quiet Wand of Mage Armorwave of her wand, and finally
Dice Perception check:
1d20+7 (4)+7 Total = 11
cat and wizard take one more look for anything they may have missed, as she and the ever-intrepid Amolas wander forth into the filth and stench below.


 


__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jan 27th, 2014 at 12:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jan 27th, 2014, 11:18 AM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
Pogar waves his calloused hand dismissively. "Aye, think nae about it, lad. I've made me own flubs in tha pas' he says. Remembering how he mistakened Porags name for his own, which caused the lippiness and why Porag holds bad thoughts towards Pogar, with the massive beating Porag took.

Turning, he looks at Tham and shrugs. "I's up ta ye, laddy. Me thinks twould be bes' if'n ye stay there, though. Ye'd call down a warn'n if'n somein' tries ta sneak behind us, eh?" he says to Tham.

[spoilebuttonr=about stuff]
Think nothing of it, Belros. I must admit, I've had to double check your name a couple of times, to make sure I've gotten it right. Though, it did provide a nice little moment for role playing. [/spoilerbutton]
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
Inside the Crimson CoinSooner than expected, a large white flag embellishing a red cross with the same colored circle is hung over the large central bar area showing loyalty to Chelliaxian features. There was no discounting this Tavern swore fealty to Cheliax, diabolical lands controlled by believers in Asmodeus, infernal diety to the darker arts. Boisterous laughter is heard as Reyd, Morton, Naum, Kria, Molrim and Skurvin enter the taproom. A few hushed whispers are heard upon your entrance as some turn to see your entrance, a few continue their drinking. There are a few closed tables of card playing with minimal bets between middle aged men vying for the better hand. The place is crawling with beautiful woman with full curves, black and brown hair and lush bodies that are simply breathing taking to behold and quite the eye candy. Mara and Kyra come to great you.

Kyra has burgundy hair that is short but long enough to pull up. It is either a beauty mark blemish on the left side of her cheek or a studded small diamond piercing that denotes her love of piercings. Mara has long brown hair and brown eyes to match. She is giggly and quite sincere in finding you a table to sit upon. The two maidens wait for your seating arrangement and begin to wait on each of you. They serve the finest port wine and mead this side of the city and tell that the Crimson Coin has a lot of noble backing from the Chellish Embasy located in Ascendants Court. The two woman begin to leave you to your drink and wait on some more of the Crimson Coins patrons.


The Basement Under the Old LibraryDescending down the stairs, slowly and cautiously, the darkness is all consuming. No light save the illumination from topside can make out faint silhouettes of ghastly figures creeping towards your position. The smell of un-death, not like the odor emanating from the Troglodytes but these apparitions were stalking creatures of deadly intent. Once caught in view of the small patch of light coming from down the stairs, you know of these types of creatures, they are called ghouls and one is moments from attacking the four of you. They bare yellow razor sharp claws, teeth that are crooked and blood stained from a recent meal and bulging eyes that are hazed over in a milky film. There greasy black hair and green skin is taught as they hunch over in gaiting shuffle. Lumbering over to you, there is no telling how many are in this room or what has happened.

Last edited by Storm; Jan 29th, 2014 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jan 29th, 2014, 10:06 PM
doggius's Avatar
doggius doggius is offline
The Bumbling Fool
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 4th, 2022
RPXP: 3173
doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius doggius
Posts: 3,493
The Basement Under the Old Library
In the dim illumination, Pogar grows silent at the slowly moving shadow figures. He cringes at the foul odor and comes to a stop. When the shadowed figure finally reveals itself in the light from upstairs, Pogar recoils. "Bloody spawn from tha pits o' tha abyss!" he barks. At their closeness, Pogar instinctively
Dice attack:
1d20+7 (18)+7 Total = 25
swings his with a
Dice damage:
1d12+6 (11)+6 Total = 17
sudden heave of his coiled muscles, both hands grabbing the axe as he grunts with effort.


 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:13 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB