twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 8th, 2021, 09:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1853
Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco Thaco
We don't seem to have anyone playing a Chimera yet. I'd be interested in filling that particular niche, but I'm not sure I'm clear on their nature. In mythology/popular culture, chimeras can be any sort of 'hybrid' combining attributes of two or more creatures...but I would assume you're looking for something more toward the 'person-like' end of the spectrum than the 'beast-like' end for PCs. Can you give me a bit more info on what you're looking for?
Old Jun 8th, 2021, 10:33 PM
His divine shadow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5760
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
I don't think it's quite as long as that, but it's not far off. It was my make the half dragon template work damnit phase. Fun times.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1961
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomon777 View Post
Andor: I don’t see Dubhshláine involved in the fledgling trade talks, but I do see him interested in solving the question about bear-dogs, usually a beast that stays as far as possible from the hominid. Dub does know of the fey burial sites that are nearby, and though the village of Pendragon has stayed in its locale, the introduction of these bear-dogs may spark further exploration and discovery of the burial locations.
I don't see him as much of a negotiator, either...his attendance would more likely be along the lines of 'keep an eye on everyone' and 'it's gonna be funny when they all start arguing'. The bear-dog would definitely catch his interest, as well as figuring out why it was so close to Hominids...hopefully before the humans begin asking too many questions (even if he has to make up a reason).

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 12:19 AM
The Chaotic Swirl

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3350
Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777
Thaco: Certainly, I'm glad you asked. I apologize for the confusion on them as they are indeed a culmination of whatever. This culmination can be two or more creatures with dominant humanoid traits, and their appearance can be anything from almost human to not human at all (hominid/fey-ish to full-on animal). Consider it the place where undead and any man-beast combinations are found. Some mainstream examples would be any undead, any lycanthrope, minotaur, centaur, half-man/half-beast, or whatever fits the players fancy. Just confirm the choices of the Chimera's composition with me, so we can get a clear idea of how it fits into the world of Pangaea.

Last edited by Solomon777; Jun 10th, 2021 at 12:32 AM.
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 05:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
https://www.deviantart.com/beacascabel/art/Chakpol-669174338

Name: Izamatl
Race: Chimera (Nahual)
Skills: Survival, Acrobatics, Knowledge (Nature)

Concept: Izamatl is a shape-changer; alternating between human and jaguar form. He was sired in a small hominid village deep within the temperate forests in the foothills of a vast mountain range. He served as a protector for the village, tasked with keeping the people safe from natural predators and rival tribes. Many generations ago, his ancestor was rescued by the folk of the village, and in thanks vowed to protect them. The village prospered and grew, and after some time a group of villagers split off to found a new settlement; when they did, the ancestor sired an offspring to serve as protector for the new village. Since that time, whenever a new settlement is founded, a new nahual is sired to serve as their protector.

Izamatl has served his village for decades, until just over a year ago. He was accompanying a small hunting party when a terrible storm blew through the area; the storm triggered a landslide which buried the entire village, killing all but Izamatl and the few hunters that were with him. His companions made their way to a village some miles away to join their cousins there, but Izamatl did not join them; having failed in his responsibility to protect his village, he felt compelled to isolate himself from civilization for a time.

After several months of solitary wandering, Izamatl once again felt the calling to rejoin society, but he cannot bring himself to call any one place his home; that has been forever lost to him. Instead, he roams the countryside, looking for ways in which he can aid the people, in a never-ending quest to atone for his failure.

Last edited by Thaco; Jun 12th, 2021 at 05:33 PM.
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 08:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 805
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Shouldn't Izamtatl have a hybrid form:
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 01:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
Shouldn't Izamtatl have a hybrid form:
You know, that's a good question. I actually went back and forth as to whether he had a hybrid form (part man, part jaguar) at all times, or whether he shifted from man to beast. I'm still not necessarily married to the current concept; I just didn't find a 'hybrid' image that I liked, so ultimately went with the one I posted.
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 02:22 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Motjaba Motjaba Motjaba
I'm just going to say it these characters are so cool! I love the setting and it's fostered such cool creations. Great work everyone!
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 04:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 805
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
You know, that's a good question. I actually went back and forth as to whether he had a hybrid form (part man, part jaguar) at all times, or whether he shifted from man to beast. I'm still not necessarily married to the current concept; I just didn't find a 'hybrid' image that I liked, so ultimately went with the one I posted.
I like the pic you picked as it has the Central American Indian feel to it and the jaguar feature's prominently in their mythology.
Old Jun 13th, 2021, 05:18 PM
The Chaotic Swirl

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3350
Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777
Hello everyone, thank you for all the interest. The game forum is here, so please feel free to pop in a say hello.

I love the characters and we can certainly proceed with the group we have.

Thaco: Awesome concept and backstory for Izamatl! Perfect for a hunt.

Last edited by Solomon777; Jun 13th, 2021 at 05:22 PM.