twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 4th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6688
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
A Masks Debut Adventure

Game NameA Masks Debut Adventure
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeEarly Adventure of a Teenage Super Hero
FlavourBronze/Modern Age Comic Story With Teenage Drama
normal image without text wrap
Team

Current open slots: 2

Welcome to Masks the teenage superhero RPG. Normally this game works best with 3-5 players and a GM, but I am currently running a solo option. Some mechanical adjustments are made, especially with relationships and starting influences, but everyone that has tried it so far says it works well for a 1-shot adventure!

I will be accepting players as open spots become available, and currently I have open spots. Will keep this thread updated as empty slots fill and become open after games finish.

If your playbook depends on you having other players in your team (such as a Rival or a Mentor, for example), you can choose to make an NPC for them OR you can hold off until the adventure starts. The game will have you meeting other potential heroes, villains, and civilians. You will get a chance to assign influence to them as we play, rather than in character creation for the teamwork. Just let me know if you have any concerns unique to your playbook.

For the solo adventure, your hero character is currently going solo (naturally). You can be part of a team if you wish, but they will probably not be showing up for the adventure. Also the game starts out on a high school fieldtrip, and it is assumed that you are a student on this trip. So please keep this in mind for your character.

Teens

ApplicationsCharacter Applications:
Hero Name: What are you going to call your super self? You can submit a mild mannered alter ego as well if you want. Not every teenage hero has one, so it is not necessary. But your super hero name is a must!

Playbook: Characters in Masks have playbooks instead of character sheets. A playbook helps define who a character is and what they can do. You do not have to have a completed playbook (in fact, do NOT complete your Relationships, Influence, or "When Our Team First Came Together" sections), but I do want to know which one you are planning to use for your character.

Description: Each playbook has some guidelines for this, but I would like a brief summary here. Include not only your appearance and costume but also your personality and general attitude. This is where my interest is most likely to be piqued! Bonus points if you can find pictures! Remember, ALL characters are teenagers.

Goals: Why does your character want to be a part of a teenage super hero group? Why are they a hero and not a villain?

Background: Backgrounds are also a part of the playbooks, so use those as a guideline and fill in some details. Tell me about your character's past before they met the team. What was life like before they became a teenager?

Roleplaying Sample: You can link to any thread or post on RPG Crossing or write up your own. If your sample is from this application's character's point of view, it will help give a better perspective on the sort of character you are wanting to make!

Why: This is from a player point of view, not your character. So why do you as a player want to play this game? What sort of story narratives are you hoping to explore with your character?

I am not accepting applications that are not teenagers or want to play custom playbooks. If you have any questions about content, please let me know.

Last edited by Homestarbaby; Jun 14th, 2021 at 03:27 PM.
Old Jun 5th, 2021, 02:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14312
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Application
right-aligned image
A perfectly normal high school student. Honest.
Hero Name:
The Cavalry has arrived
Cavalry
Legal Name: Ryan Munroe Jr.

Playbook: LABELS
  • Danger [-1]
  • Freak [+1]
  • Savior [+2]
  • Superior [+1]
  • Mundane [0]
  • Soldier [+2]
ABILITIES
  • Superstrength and Durability
  • Mechanical Limbs (legs)

MOVES
  • Before we get started
  • More than a shield
The Soldier (Secrets of A.E.G.I.S.)

Description: Ryan might be exactly what one pictures when one thinks of an American teenager... if one's only actual experience with them was from watching the CW. Just a little too wholesome, clean-cut and white bread apple pie to be real. He has just a touch of Korean ancestry (from his maternal grandmother), which has gifted him with fine black hair and dark eyes. His build does not entirely reflect the power that lies inside, but he still appears reasonably athletic, muscles toned rather than built. His clothing only adds to his casting-call appearance, standard Americana with very little in the way of individuality or personality reflected. He is still very much adapting to his new lifestyle as a high school student. When (rarely) left to his own devices, he favors close-cut, utilitarian clothing in block colors. He never wears shorts, always jeans or pants, with high boots or socks to completely conceal his prosthetics.

When operating as Cavalry, he does not yet have a uniform, which is a small point of contention he has with A.E.G.I.S. He feels he is ready to join them openly, operating as a true superhero, but the agency is reluctant. In the past he has been given standard issue agency uniforms when working on missions, but nothing unique to him. As he is currently supposed to be living entirely as a normal teenager, he does not even have that available to him and will be forced to improvise.

Goals:
  • Prevent Harm to Innocents - Having lost his family and been injured himself in a supervillain attack, Cavalry is unwilling to stand by and watch others be hurt while it is within his ability to protect them.
  • Bring Villains to Justice - From a young age, Ryan idolized his father and his father's work. Ryan Munroe Sr. was killed in an attempt to obstruct the path of justice. Now Ryan sees it as his duty to continue his father's work, albeit in a slightly different way.
  • Prove Himself - Given free choice, Ryan would not want to join a teenage superhero group. He wants to be serving on the front lines as part of an A.E.G.I.S. Response Team. But the 'powers that be' have judged him too green, too untested. He wants to show the agency and the world just how much help he can be right now.

Background: Ryan Munroe Sr. was a prosecutor, specializing in trying super-powered crimes. Often supervillains were able to escape custody, or battled to the last, unwilling to accept defeat. But in those cases where they could be brought to trial, Munroe wanted to make examples of them, to prove to himself and the world that the justice system was still capable of handling even the most sensational of criminals. He worked closely with A.E.G.I.S. and other organizations with similar goals to ensure that evidence and testimony were collected in the proper manner to ensure that no villain would get free on a technicality.

Unfortunately, these high profile cases did tend to draw a lot of his attention. Munroe did his best to keep his personal life separate, living in a quiet, unassuming suburban home with his wife and son, Ryan Jr. Despite confining his work to the office, Monroe was always sure to instill in his son a sense of fair play and attention to detail, the kind of things that had served him well through his career.

The trial of Doctor Maltonium was going to be one of Munroe's biggest ever. The mad doctor had been captured as part of a joint effort by no less than three superhero teams. She was considered incredibly dangerous. But behind bars, bereft of her inventions, creations, henchmen and organization... she was just another human. Or so everyone believed. Nobody was ever able to pin the attack on the doctor herself, and she was, of course, watched constantly in her cell. But the devastating blast that struck the Monroe family sedan as they drove into town one Saturday morning had all of the hallmarks of a Maltonium attack. The front half of the car and its occupants were vaporized almost instantly. Twelve year-old Ryan Jr. was flung free by the resultant explosion, and the rear half of the car tumbled after him, crushing his legs.

Ryan Monroe Jr. lost both legs at the knee. The weeks of pain and trauma that followed are best left in the past, but the boy was eventually fitted with a pair of prosthetics so that he could begin the long process of rehabilitation. After the second pair shattered under the strain of use, A.E.G.I.S. was brought in to consult. The leading theories were either that his newfound abilities were a direct result of the weapon that was used in the attack, or that the stress of the event itself had awoken some latent ability within him. Regardless of how it happened, the agency began development of a special pair of legs that could match Ryan's newfound power and durability. When he was eventually released from the hospital, he went to stay at an A.E.G.I.S. facility where they began training him to become the next generation of agency-sanctioned superhero.

Roleplaying Sample:
"High school?" Ryan repeated the words and blinked uncertainly at the Chief. He'd known the man for years, even before the... even before. He'd always trusted the Chief's wisdom and knowledge implicitly. But this latest assignment seemed more than a little strange. "You want me to go... to high school?"

"Yes." The Chief rummaged around on his desk for a moment and came up with a piece of paper. "You have been enrolled as a junior at... Eastern Valley High. Classes start next month. You'll have to take a few placement tests and those sort of things." He shrugged a little and looked back up at the young man standing stiffly in front of him. "Just formalities. Given your aptitude scores, we expect no difficulties."

"I'm afraid I don't understand, sir. Is there a problem at the school? A latent super you need me to be watching?" The Chief's implacable gaze stared back at him and Ryan began grasping at straws to avoid grappling with the inevitable. "A doping ring? Cheating? A rash of graffiti?"

The Chief sighed, set the paper back down on his desk and sighed, folding his hands in front of him. "Look, son..." Ryan hated it when anybody called him 'son'. "The agency has invested a lot of money in you, both hardware and training. We are convinced you will be an invaluable asset... in due time. But there are... concerns. Concerns that raising you in this environment has... stunted your development in certain areas. Dr. Hanson feels that you need to spend some time with your peer group, interacting with them and experiencing a relatively normal teenage life. Get out, have some fun!"

"Fun." Ryan repeated the word dully, the jaws of a trap closing around him.

"Yes, dammit. Fun!" The Chief's composure was beginning to fray around the edges. He was no more adapted to this kind of conversation than Ryan himself was. "Hang out at the mall. Go to parties. Meet a girl... or a boy. Whatever."

"Sir, I'm sorry, but I must refuse. My time would be much better spent..."

"Agent Munroe." The words cut Ryan's protest off instantly. "You seem to be laboring under the misapprehension that this assignment is some kind of suggestion. In three weeks, at 7:30 AM sharp, Monday morning, you will report to Eastern Valley High School. Do I make myself clear?"

Ryan stopped and drew himself up sharply. "Yes, sir!"

Why: I've found myself drawn to Masks every time I see a game come across the forum, but the timing has never seemed to work out quite well. But I always look at the ads and browse through Playbooks and character art for a few hours. I just had a couple of games die, and I'm feeling the itch for a new game, and here's your ad. I do feel myself drawn to some of the stranger Playbooks, though, and I think the solo game format (or starting out that way) might help from a narrative standpoint. As far as stories to tell, some of my favorite superhero tales are the ones where idealism has to come to grips with realism. I think there's an intrinsic conflict there that it's interesting for characters, particularly younger characters, to explore.

Last edited by hafrogman; Jun 5th, 2021 at 09:23 PM.
Old Jun 5th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Motjaba Motjaba Motjaba
Character Application
Hero Name: Arc

Playbook: The Delinquent

Description:
right-aligned image
Dominique

Dominique is the perfect daughter. Born to an elite family she has been groomed for Ivy League education, and balances ambition with flattery to get ahead in the world. Her mother is a politician and her father is the CEO of a tech company. She has never wanted much in life because of her family's wealth and power. If you met Dominique you could guess she was just your regular run-of-the-mill rich brat. Her dark hair is often curled and bouncy, her makeup soft and natural. She wears bright clothes in all the latest fashions, pumps and a purse. She could be an Instagram influencer if she upped her social media posting, but she is oddly, some may say mysteriously absent from social gatherings of others her age.

Arc looks like a goth girl at 4:00 AM in the Denny's parking lot. She wears black cargo pants with many pockets and a black tank top. She draws the Eye of Horus as a symbol of her commitment to heal the wounded and protect herself from evil. She has pockets filled with tech gadgets and seems to be able to distract people with tricks. Arc is defiant towards control and believes in free choice. She despises the systems because they are unfair and they keep people down. She will be sarcastic and flippant and though she is only 15, she seems to have confidence to spare.

Goals:
1. Crash the System: "I've seen behind the curtain, and the people running the levers are idiots, or worse just plain evil."

2. Expose the Truth: "Corruption is deeper than your worse internet fear. We can do things you could never imagine, and those ruling give you bread and circuses"
right-aligned image
Arc

Background: Raised with a silver spoon in her mouth, Dominique didn't understand what real struggles were. Her father's company had taken off when she was still a baby and the good times kept coming. Her mother started her political career in earnest when Dominique was two and she spent most of her time with governesses, nannies and tutors. It was during a take your daughter to work day that the wool finally lifted from her eyes. Dominique's father was giving her a tour when an alarm went off. In the urgency Dominique was fully forgotten and she watched as people rushed around a testing room. The man inside was testing some wearable tech that was melting his skin. Dominique frightened ran and hid in an abandoned hologram testing room. Everyone left the man for dead and evacuated but Dominique was left behind. As the generators were shorting and the man's life was leaving his body he locked eyes with Dominique. She was frozen in fear as electricity crackled around them. Then she blacked out.

The next thing she remembered was waking up in a private hospital room alone. She saw the obligatory gigantic poster board card from her Grade Five class. Miss Jessup probably made everyone write something "nice". She looked around and realized she understood the machines connected to her. The television and how it worked was all of a sudden obvious to her. Then her father's assistant ran through the door.
"You're awake! Thank god!" He said more at her than to her. Then he got on the phone presumably to summon her parents. They didn't arrive until the next morning as they were at an event, and Dominique "Needs her sleep, in any case."

The PR nightmare of the situation was all her parents could talk about for weeks. They were glad Dominique was "perfectly fine" and doctors said she was miraculously unharmed. I guess they don't have tests for emotional trauma and the entire dismantling of your world view. The man who died was painted as a deranged terrorist who wanted to kill the Dominique. Though she knew the truth Dominque felt powerless to speak up, her father planted material in the man's apartment to tie him to Russian Agencies.

From then, at the young age of 11 on when she noticed her ability to work with tech, Dominique has been discovering how deep the rabbit hole goes. She realized that people are willfully ignorant and chose a costume that seemed so antithetical to her expected image, that even without covering her face she could fool those "closest" to her. The use of makeup and clothes to hide her, is a statement on the superficiality of the world. She experimented with her disguises until she settled on Arc's final look around the age of 14.

The short list of people who don't think Dominique should be a superhero is her parents, her friends, acquaintances and pretty much anyone with a secret, especially a digitally held one.

Dominique read a book about Joan of Arc, a woman who saw something no one else did and fought for it. She knows how this might end, but since watching a man die, with no one there to help him, she knew she has to do something. She believes in truth and justice and believes that those in power won't give it up, they must be forced.

Roleplaying Sample
The second hand on the clock crawled forward. Dominique could hear the distant chatter of her gal pals as they discussed the upcoming start of the year party.
A manicured hand grasped Dom's chin and swiveled it away from the clock and refocused her gaze on the gaggle of sophomores all staring at her. "So you coming to mine?"the owner of the hand repeated loudly in Dom's face. It was Jessica, the Queen B of Queen B's, and B doesn't stand for bumble.

"That would be great but," Dom had to think quick, she used a fake date excuse last week, and visiting her grandparents the week before.
"But, I... (cough), think.... (cough), I'm coming down.... (cough) with something."

Somehow the whole group rolled their eyes in unison. She knew she'd have to go to something soon, but Frosh Week Party really wasn't her scene.

"But I can try and get my parent's lake house next week?" She offered to placate the group. Jessica nodded indicating to the rest the offering of peace was acceptable, and at that very moment the bell rang.

Sighing as the classroom emptied Dom, prepped for a real fun Friday night.

"I'm heading out with the girl's" Dom shouted from the front door, to the glowing faces of her parents. The light of the screens they stared into gave them both a ghostly look. "Batman was lucky" Dom joked to herself, and then felt a pang of guilt for the terrible thought.

Neither of them looked up but her father grunted in recognition of her existence. As she headed out the door, she wondered why she even bothered to lie, to dress like she was going to a party. Why didn't she just sneak out her window? Then they would notice., she thought. As soon as she reached the end of her block she swapped her heels for a pair of Converse. She hid the heels in Mrs. Wangen's back garden. Feeling more mobile, she headed down out past the guard station that gated her neighborhood. Seeing the Ford Taurus parked by the hut she knew it was Anthony working. He would be watching endless TikTok videos and so she didn't even need to make up a lie.

Finally she reached the park bathroom she found two years ago, and claimed as her own personal change room. There was an electronic lock on it so that only members of the tennis club which was attached could get in. She changed quickly from her dress, put her make up on and stashed her dress and purse in the maintenance tile which has a main function of giving a plumber access to the pipes.

Heading deeper into the city mainly using public transit Arc arrived at her destination. An ATM in one of the poorest areas of the city. She attached her burner phone to the port in the back. Quickly she tapped away. Jessica's father was the Senior Vice President in this bank and they seemed to have money to spare. She set the ATM to just dispense money without lowering people's account totals. Arc moved on spotting her movements around the city in a randomized manor, but only hitting the hardest and poorest neighborhoods. Using the Senior VP's Employee ID Arc gifted just under 1.4 million that night, to unsuspecting citizens all over the city.

Why: I love group storytelling and would love to explore some anarchy style justice. I often play very lawful characters so vigilante justice seems really fun to me. I also like the idea of feeling hurt by a system even when you are receiving many benefits from it.

Last edited by Motjaba; Jun 5th, 2021 at 03:50 PM.
Old Jun 5th, 2021, 03:23 PM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1285
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
Joel PereiraHero Name: Silvertongue

Playbook: The Delinquent

Description: Taking after the detective novels he likes to read so much, Joel has taken to wearing a long duster for a coat... but underneath he still has on jeans and the sweatshirt of a rock band or some brand logo like anyone else. He keeps his long, messy brown hair tied haphazardly back in a ponytail, his teeth are slightly yellowed from smoking. His dark freckles pop out against his pale skin.

Joel doesn't advertise his powers, preferring to keep the illusion that he's just a genius, teenage detective of sorts. He enjoys annoying others and sparring in witty banter, advertised by his playful eyes and a smile that is always on the verge of breaking out. He's cocky, to boot, and absolutely believes he is the smartest person in the room at any given time.

With emotion manipulation, Joel can can essentially command someone to feel a certain way, which he uses to pry loose information and secrets that they otherwise would closely guard. Despite presenting an air of apathy towards others, Joel is careful to minimize his use of this power, not only to continue pretending that he is powerless, but also because he knows how dangerous toying with emotions can be.

Goals: Joel played the villain once and only once, after he got his powers. Only twelve when he developed them, and being both selfish and reckless, he used them to manipulate his mother into getting everything he wanted... until the strain of it caused his mother to have a mental breakdown and be admitted to the hospital.

It was a hard lesson learned, and Joel won't forgive himself for it, but he learned it. Now Joel uses his powers to aid him as a sort of detective, so he can earn some money on the side to help his mom. It allows him to kill many birds with one stone: He can slack off at school, make cash, and feel hypocritically superior to his clients and their messy lives.

Background:

Roleplaying Sample:

Here's a sample from another game

Why: Round 2! My reasons haven't changed much from your last ad; I'm still interested in trying the system, I like that it isn't bogged in mechanics and gets right to the meat of what's fun.

As for narrative... I want to play a character that is an underdog, and something of an unlikely and/or mildly unwilling hero. I like the idea of playing a character that has, compared to other supers, incredibly weak powers (in the context of a fight) and has to rely on guile to muddle through. I also like characters that are too curious, too nosy, or too ambitious for their own good, and this one hits two of those three points

~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Solid Snek; Jun 10th, 2021 at 05:02 AM.
Old Jun 5th, 2021, 05:16 PM
Guac Chief

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2522
Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga Amarga
La Jaguar Dorada WIP
right-aligned image

Hero Name: La Jaguar Dorada (Jillian)

Playbook: Looking at Bull for a nice Luchadora theme.

Description: Jillian tall, powerfully built young woman with sun-tanned skin and a head of golden curls. A pair of thick eyebrows sit above her bright green eyes, though her mask normally covers these features. She typically dresses in wrestling ring attire with a jaguar-esque mask. She speaks honestly outside of important missions, and likes bold, flamboyant movements. When on a mission proper she’ll often put on her “Hero Voice” and speak in a dramatic manner to allies and enemies.
Jill avoids being “too gruff” as she thinks that conflicts with her high flying, heroic luchadora style, but is nonetheless fiercely stubborn. Having spent most of her time without anyone to talk to, she’s self-conscious about talking too much, but can get carried away over certain topics of interest (wrestling being one) and will gladly talk someone’s ear off if not careful.
She tries her hardest to maintain a heroic, high spirited persona, but due to her strict idealism she can quickly grow frustrated when things don’t pan out quite right or she fails to live up to her own standards. Typically Jill carries herself in a peppy, eager way, but never turns down a challenge honestly given and loves to demonstrate her skills whenever the chance arises.
Outside of her hero work, Jill prefers a simple pair of shorts and a tank top or short-sleeve shirt, often matched with a baggy, comfortable sweater.

Goals: Growing up lonely, and with a love of television wrestling dramas, Jill wants to be the hero she always wanted to be there for her when life was hard. She seeks to emulate the heroics of her favorite Luchadors.

Background: Born into the custody of a strange organization, Jill grew up with little socializing other than the scant few channels on the organization’s few entertainment devices. As she grew, being warped and changed by the experiments, Jill began to feel more and more capable of being like the characters in her dramas. One day the organization let its security slip for some reason, and Jill took the opportunity, breaking free from her containment and smashing her way to the outside world. Once out, somewhat wounded, tired and lost in a rougher section of the city, Jill collapsed.
When she came to, she was in the care of an old woman. So with her freedom, a place to stay, and the growing realization she may just be able to make her own choices, Jill got to work.

Why: I see this as an interesting opportunity to check out some classic superhero fun times. Whacky superpowers mixed with the drama of youth is always an entertaining scenario. I like the idea of a young person with superpowers coming to grips with the world outside of their superpowered bubble, being put into scenarios where sometimes the answer isn’t to just powerbomb it from 20+ feet in the air. On top of that I like the buildup of this unknown, fledgling hero beginning the path to being a fully realized hero in the world.

Last edited by Amarga; Jun 5th, 2021 at 11:35 PM.
Old Jun 8th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby Homestarbaby
Empty slots have been filled. Feel free to submit an application, however, if you are still interested in a game and I will continue taking new players as spots become available.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 04:44 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
...And just like that, another slot has opened up! Feel free to apply if you have a character you want to try out in this system! Just make sure you submit a COMPLETE application so that you can be considered!
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 05:06 AM
Nanomachines, Son!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1285
Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek Solid Snek
What timing... I just managed to find time to complete Silvertongue's application. Let me know if you've got critiques, comments, suggestions, etc

~ Oscar Wilde

Last edited by Solid Snek; Jun 10th, 2021 at 05:06 AM.
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 06:54 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Rezart
Hero Name: Material Girl (Louise Ciccone)

Playbook: The Janus

Description: Woman, White, boring clothing, distracting costume, heavy sunglasses
Louise's costume is somewhat makeshift, and looks it. She needed something to disguise her identity, and not having the skills to make a good costume, she raided her mom's closet for some old clothes and decided to just pile on the accessories. The heavy glasses obscure her face just about as well as a mask, and since her skin is often changed into different materials, it leaves her hard to recognize.

Goals: Louise feels like she's putting on a front, pretending to be the super-hero other people actually are. She doesn't know what imposter syndrome is, but it describes her to a tee. She's actually pretty confident in her powers, but she's worried that somebody's going to figure out she really has no idea what the hell she's doing with them, so she wants to hook up with some other people who are legit heroes and copy them.

Background: Louise didn't grow up with much, but she had two parents and a brother who loved her. Unfortunately, she was not great at appreciating what she had while she had it; she remembers her rude, selfish, and spiteful she was to her parents the day she lost them. The three on them were on the subway when a two-bit villain by the name of Alchemaster decided to delay the cops chasing him, using his transmuter gun to change the air into poison gas. Louise found her body shifting to match the metal of the handrail, screaming helplessly while her parents and a dozen others died. She's been looking for Alchemaster for weeks now, and is no closer to finding him. She's conflicted between wanting revenge, not sure if it's really the right thing to do, and feeling like she's betraying her brother by sneaking out at night. The roleplaying sample is from a time when he caught her but ideally at the start of the game he would have no idea. He's a paramedic who responds to the injured bystanders at a lot of hero fights; between his job and what happened to their parents, he has a lot of complaints about the costumed set.

Roleplaying Sample:

Why: Well, a big part of Why for me is that I love Masks. I think it's a brilliant game. As far what I want to explore with Material Girl, I see her as someone with a lot of insecurity and imposter feelings. This plays into her playbook and even her powers - she's always pretending to be someone and something else. In her case, her insecurity does make her shy and quiet, it makes her loud and brash; she acts tough and decisive to cover her uncertainties, and doubles down on even bad decisions. So I'd like her to gain confidence in her own identity, to the point where she can trust others enough to be vulnerable in front of them, and come out of both her literal and metaphoric shell.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MaterialGirl_transparent.png
Views:	12
Size:	671.0 KB
ID:	91311  

Last edited by Rezart; Jun 10th, 2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 903
Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis Aegis
Hero Name: Conduit

Playbook: Nova (could be a Janus if that's more interesting)

Description:

African american. Black hair, brown skin. Male.

Always wears glasses although he doens't really need them to see, just to see well. Usually wears jeans or chinos and a button down. Very well put together.

Not in great shape, he's about as fit as he has to be for class. Seeing as he's aspiring to be a super hero though, he's trying to whip his body into shape.

He's a little socailly awkward because he oscillates between being usually too earnest and forthcoming or being purposefully vague because he doesn't think anyone wants to hear what he has to say. He's affable and friendly, but has few friends. Those he does have, he cherishes. He's always happy to answer questions in class and class clowns and time wasters are a pet peeve of his.

Goal:
He wants to use his newfound powers to make a safe place in the world for people who need it. In his personal/mundane life he'd love to lead a charge and revolutionize energy collection and transmission as he sees that as a primary stepping stone towards a utopic society for everyone.

Background:
Before his powers, Miles was a lot other than average. Very smart, lonely, good natured, all of the above. He spent most of his afternoons in his garage, tinkering around and trying to develop a new kind of battery.

His parents were in the military so he lived all over the country and moved a lot. This has opened his eyes to how people are people everywhere and most people are pretty similar. It also hasn't allowed him much time to practice maintaining developed relationships, seeing as he has to start from scratch all the time. He just moved to the city about 3 months ago and is looking to explore and get to know more people in school.

Both parents are around and active in his life, but have fostered a sense of independence and toughness in him, so he's happiest on his own.

Roleplay Sample:

Why:
Masks is great. I've run a game couple of games of it but never had the opportunity to play it. I love super heroes in general, especially the dynamic of teen heroes so the game really speaks to me. Also, I like he fact that this is solo because on some of these games, it can be hard to keep up with all of the different styles of posts and knowing when it's your turn again, so I think a solo will be good for pacing.

Thanks for the opportunity
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 03:49 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Had 2 more games end, 1 drop out and 1 happy ending! So we are back to 2 open slots for this game!

1st post still has all the details for submitting an application!

If you have already submitted an application but have not gotten a PM from me yet, please reply to this thread so I know that you are still active and interested in playing!
Old Jun 14th, 2021, 06:04 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Rezart
I'm still interested!