RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 7th, 2021, 10:04 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19920
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Indeed. I had a basic idea of how I wanted to go in mind but I still went as random as I could. I just admit that I would have fudged the numbers a bit if my rolls had made my idea impossible. :P

I also noticed that the Wall of Champions got an Update. Thank you all, means more to me than I thought it did in hindsight.

And like I said, I'm open to jumping over the Judge's table but I'm operating under the assumption that it's too late for this year, y'all got it handled.
Old Jun 7th, 2021, 10:14 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25963
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
And like I said, I'm open to jumping over the Judge's table but I'm operating under the assumption that it's too late for this year, y'all got it handled.
It is too late this year. But, when we get the Outplay Feedback that up, feel free to mention there that you would like to help out next year, and that will that whomever organizes the event will see it. (Might be me, but we don't know for sure yet)
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 08:33 AM
Barbarus sum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17911
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Sent my PM for mechanical review: exciting stuff!
Dad mode: leveling up! Still busy with baby but learning all new things I can do with only one hand, such as making coffee, making more coffee, drinking coffee, injecting caffeine directly into my eyeballs... Not sleeping much. Gradually getting back to posting.
Maps for Wrath
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 09:21 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25963
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Loving the characters so far! I have had several of you request reviewers, or have been having back and forth conversations about mechanics. I think one theme that comes up a lot, which I will add in my own words to the Q and A:

Adventuring Gear - This is just something your character knows how to use well. You do NOT need to define mechanics for it, or list the special cases where it can be used. Anything you do during the adventure that uses the piece of gear benefits from the 1d6. For example - if my character has a Well Trained Duck as a piece of adventuring gear, I can just describe what it is, and maybe list a few tricks it has been taught. In play, if I choose to use the duck to cause a distraction, to impress a merchant to give up information, or trick a guard into thinking he is going crazy, these are all things using the duck that would get the extra roll. I don't have to list those use cases in the mechanics section though.

Signature Moves - This is the special thing your character does exceptionally well, above and beyond, using a piece of their gear. Using the example of a Well Trained Duck, maybe my signature move is called 'The Waddling D', which is a special attack my character makes by waddling in unison with my duck. When he makes this attack, he gets 1d6 for using the duck, and 1d6 for doing the Signature Move.

A couple of notes - No action will benefit from more than 1 piece of adventuring gear at a time. So, I couldn't benefit from both my Well Trained Duck, and a Signature Baseball Bat (if that was another piece of gear) in the same action, if say I was using the bat to boost my duck up high enough to spy over a wall. Narratively I use both, but the roll only benefits from one.

Likewise, a Signature Move, if it makes sense, could potentially be done with either piece of gear. If you had two different types of weapons, and the signature move was a special over-head attack, you could potentially do it using either one. But, Signature Moves are done using at least 1 piece of adventuring gear on the roll.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 07:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16541
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
The Waddling D signature move with my Well-Trained-Duck vs. Gate.
No contest.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Well Trained Duck.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	91303  
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 07:53 PM
Playin' Dungas and Dragos

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20301
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
That gate stood no chance at all... There may be room for a direction-finding duck and a teapot of truth here somewhere too!

Have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Outplay 2021 is live!
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 09:03 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 200
JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy JustSomeGuy
I'm going to need a short story starring a boy, his well-trained duck, and his lucky baseball bat. Just... whenever you can get around to it.
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 12:14 AM
All men perish...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11477
Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv Qiksilv
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
I'm going to need a short story starring a boy, his well-trained duck, and his lucky baseball bat. Just... whenever you can get around to it.
All you are getting from me is 1 chapter. Feel free to keep it going though; could be a good warm up for the competition proper. (Of course, so is writing your app so you can play :P)

Old Jun 10th, 2021, 11:19 PM
Distanced, Socially

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18726
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Random aside: my friend's parents were in a D&D campaign for a good 20 years, and one of the things they had with them for most of it was a duck that was exceptionally lucky. Not mechanically or anything, but they kept using it to bait out traps and the like and it kept surviving. Literal decades or rolling lucky enough to stay relevant and alive.
Been crazy busy, sorry for any delays
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 03:07 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39242
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Hey all you cool cats and kittens that have subscribed to the Outplay Everything. Just remember that if you see any of that obvious no-good SPAM, feel free to smash that Report Post button. Pew pew pew!
Old Jun 11th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6335
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
Hey all you cool cats and kittens that have subscribed to the Outplay Everything. Just remember that if you see any of that obvious no-good SPAM, feel free to smash that Report Post button. Pew pew pew!
I just want you to know that I don't think I've ever seen any spam on the site, so you must be doing a great job!
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 09:04 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 346
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jun 12th, 2021 at 12:55 PM.
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 11:42 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7471
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
Does that mean I can mark all as spam!!!!????����������
Good Sir. Please take the advice of someone who owns and runs his own discord server. Please do not challenge the staff. Do not make passive aggressive remarks or statements in response to staff. It will not end well for you. Please downsize your text and apologize to Zev (taking this to PMs with staff would probably be preferred) before they silence or disqualify you from Outplay or they temp or perm ban you from site entirely.

~GodRosen

Edit: Here is the site rules on spamming. This is what they will consider spamming. I hope this helps as well.
Quote:
a.5 - "Spam" is icky, and its creators are treated like lepers. Spam is one or more messages posted by the same person within a small time frame that have substantially identical content. Double-posting, asking the same question in several places, and similar actions makes a "Spammer." Spam also includes senseless "bumping" (posting solely to push the thread to the top of the forum again), particularly when a question is being asked. A forum is not the best place to get immediate responses.
"You are a smart man." Admin Dirk to GodRosen 4/24/2021 @6:05AM
My PM Thread. It is whatever you or I want it to be.
I am not a DM or GM I am a G.O.D.=Game Operations Director.

Last edited by GodRosen; Jun 12th, 2021 at 12:32 PM.
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 12:25 PM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17104
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
My free time got ate this week, but its looking better over the weekend.
Old Jun 12th, 2021, 12:54 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 346
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
that was a joke sorry if you didn't get it.