PF-1e Parsantium - City at the Crossroads - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 08:01 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2566
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Parsantium - City at the Crossroads

Game NameParsantium - City at the Crossroads
Game SystemPathfinder
ThemeAn evil campaign about dooming an entire city
FlavourIntrigue, Combat-Lite, Player Driven
Plot Summary
Name Parsantium - City at the Crossroads

Game Summary An evil campaign in which the players will attempt to bring down an entire city. Aiming for a combat lite, intrigue filled, player driven campaign. Leaning more towards sandbox style rather than railroading you to your objectives.

Dungeon MasterPreacherwolf – I've been an eternal tabletop DM for about ten years, mostly playing D&D 3.5, D&D 5E and Pathfinder, but this will be my first time running a play-by-post game.

Game Details and Expectations We'll be using Pathfinder 1E and Parsantium - City at the Crossroads source book. Although I am more than willing to chop and change things if the players want to add or remove things. In terms of what will be allowed for characters, you can pick almost any race or class that isn't third party, but please be aware the anything goblinoid is going to face severe push back from the local populace. This includes occult classes and the gunslinger, although only early firearms will be available for the game and I can't promise that they'll be a lot of encounters from the occult rule books. We'll also be including the elephant in the room feat tax house rules.

I'd expect players to post at least once a week. There will be a DM post at least that often as well, maybe up to twice a week when appropriate. I would also like heavy player input into the direction the game takes. While I have a plan as to how I'd completely subvert a city, I want my players to insert their own methods, ideas and flavor to the plan and campaign as a whole. I don't expect this to be combat heavy but also that really comes down to the players. Actions have consequences and you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes and all that. If the players want to fight, who am I to say no after all.

DescriptionYou've all been called together from different walks and stations of life by way of a scroll that appeared one night. On the scrolls was written the following in a fine dark red flowing script:

The Free City of Parsantium must fall. The ruling family, the Triumvirate and the Tribunes must be either removed or otherwise compromised so as to be ineffectual or incapable of ruling. You have been selected for this task at the behest of your sponsor.

If you aren't up to the task, say so now and that will be that, we will inform your sponsor of the decision and leave you be. But, should you accept and once you're in the city we would consider you under contract and in our employ and will expect nothing less than success. If you wish to be part of this undertaking, please present yourself in a months time to The Lanced Hog Inn, twelve miles south of Parsantium.

The scroll offered a near impossible challenge. Corrupt and break a city? Was such a feat even possible? Whoever sent it had high expectations and you had better not disappoint.

Background The Free City of Parsantium has stood for 1500 years. Its a bastion of purity and a symbol of prosperity of the region. Once under the thumb of a cruel tyrant, a people's revolution saw to it that tyranny and oppression never menaced the city again. Despite a brief occupation by Hobgoblins just over one hundred and fifty years ago, the city has held up to that vow and refused steadfast to fall back into the ways of tyranny and evil.

The City is ruled by the Basileus (Sovereign) Corandias XVIII The Lion-Blooded and his wife Thecia. Below them are the Triumvirate (The Perfect, The Royal Exchequer and The Strategos) and below them the Tribunes who each run one of the three city quarters. These nobles govern almost every aspect of life in Parsantium and while there are whispers of discontent and political scheming within the noble houses and royals, the people of Parsantium can rest easy as they know that these people will do anything to protect the city and its way of life.

Characters
- Players will be starting at level 8 with the normal starting gear plus 33,000gp with which to by magic items and other gear.

- Players can be any Paizo race up to a maximum of RP 15, but be warned if you are a race that is completely out of the ordinary or goblinoid the locals will treat you with hesitation, disdain or out right hostility

- Players can have up to two traits, but no flaws or drawbacks

- Players can be any Paizo class or archetype. This includes Core, Base, Hybrid, Alternate, Occult, Prestige and Unchained. Players cannot have more than two classes plus one prestige class, and players cannot have more than one archetype per class

- The technology level for guns is emerging, with only early firearms available

- Anything else third party/Non-paizo is not allowed, but otherwise I'll accept pretty much anything so long as you have a good story/idea behind it.

- Alignment: This is going to be an evil campaign, so while I'd expect evil alignments, I won't lock you into it. But if you have a good alignment, I'd like a good explanation as to why you're actually here

- We'll be using the 30 point buy method of stat generation, with a maximum point buy of 18 before racial modifiers

- We'll be using the elephant in the room feat tax house rules

Application
Name: Self-Explanatory
Race: Maximum RP of 15
Age: Don't forget to take into account age modifiers here
Alignment: Any alignment is fine, but good characters will need some justification
Traits:
Description: What does your character look like, a picture would be much appreciated

Background: Where did your character come from? What do they do? Give me an idea as to what your character's life is all about and where they've come from before now

Your Sponsor: Please tell me this in secret. Who sponsored you for this job? Why were you sponsored? What makes them think you're worthy of this undertaking? And whats the penalty for failure?

The Plan: In secret or not, tell me your initial plan for bringing down this city. It can be as grand or as simple as you like. But how are you going to break the Free City of Parsantium?

The Line: You're evil and are undertaking a great evil plan but is there a line you won't cross? Some act that will stop you in your tracks and cause you to go home and rethink your life? Tell me in secret if and what that line is.

What do you, the player, want: Again, in secret or not, what do you the player want out of this game?

Deadline I'm looking to have between six to eight players by January 25th Australian Eastern Standard Time, depending on interest. I'm not too fussed on party composition or exact numbers, I'd rather have five players with great stories than a eight player perfectly rounded team

Current Applications

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Jan 24th, 2021 at 05:24 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 08:30 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1042
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
I'm interested in joining. Will come up with an application soon.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 12:36 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Fallen Hero
right-aligned image
Name: Cecil Livicius

Race: Silver-Tongued alternate racial trait. This racial trait replaces skilled. Gains a +2 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks. In addition, when they use Diplomacy to shift a creature’s attitude, they can shift up to three steps up rather than just two.Human

Class: Tyrant archetypeAntipaladin

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Traits: You gain a +1 trait bonus on Intimidate checks, and Intimidate is always a class skill for you.Bully You gain a +1 trait bonus on Bluff or Intimidate checks and one of these skills (your choice) is a class skill for you.Convincing Liar

Description: Standing at 6'1", Cecil is a tall man. His pale skin and white hair are deeply contrasted by the color of his armor, which is black. He often presents a disinterested expression on his face, that expression belies a calculating, devious mind. As a former paladin of Themicia, he seems to have kept his martial prowess from his time as a holy warrior, which can be clearly seen by the way he presents himself. But, when he has to, he is capable of presenting a mask of geniality to others, which is something that he learned back then as the paladin of Themicia.

Background: Cecil belongs to a very minor noble family in Parsantium, House Livicius. Like many nobles, he received proper education befitting his station, but his family soon fell from grace as his father was found to be a diabolist who secretly worshipped the devil and the lord of hell himself, Malephar. Being a very minor noble family, House Livicius couldn't maintain a good standing among other noble families, unlike the infamous House Tzittas, one of the major noble families in Parsantium that still remained a family with good standing despite them being devil-worshippers as well. Cecil became a subject of mockery as a result.

Even so, Cecil persevered, hoping to one day redeem his family's name. His father died soon after, and with that, Cecil became the head of House Livicius. He even joined the Platinum Knights of Themicia, becoming a paladin with good standing. Even so, he was aware of people talking behind his back, calling him the son of diabolist. For years, Cecil tried to endure the mockery, hoping to harden his resolve in the face of adversity. But as the mockeries continued, his mind began to wander as darkness started growing inside his heart. Despite his accomplishment as the champion of good and justice, he simply couldn't help himself but wonder about what was it that made Malephar so enticing.

One day, Cecil heard some whispers as he was minding his own business. At first, he tried to ignore those whispers, but soon enough, he was unable to resist them, and he started listening to those whispers. The whispers urged him to embrace the notoriety that his family had garnered, telling him that the teachings of Themicia didn't bring him peace, nor that it could restore House Livicius' reputation. From there, he began learning about Malephar secretly, and due to the growing bitterness in his heart, he started to slip. His attitude began to change, and soon enough, he found himself falling from grace and was disgracefully discharged from the Platinum Knights of Themicia. But at that point, Cecil's heart was already filled with darkness, and he sought to use this fall from grace as his opportunity to restore his family's reputation.

The growing darkness within him also made him greedy. Not only that he desired to restore his family's reputation, he also wished to have Parsantium all for himself. He wished to reshape and remake the Free City to his liking, even hoping to become the Basileus who would rule Parsantium with iron fist and tyranny. He even wished to make the worship of Malephar as the state religion of Parsantium. But for the time being, he would bid his time, keeping his transition into darkness a secret, waiting for the right opportunity to make his move. Sure enough, he received a scroll, telling him that it was about time for Parsantium to fall. Thinking of this as his opportunity, he made his decision, and he was determined that Parsantium would be his to rule.

Your Sponsor: Cecil has his own sponsor.

The Plan: Why use a sword if a dagger will do? Cecil plans to take over Parsantium through subterfuge and intrigue. His primary objective is to take out the ruling family, the Triumvirate and the Tribunes. All methods are acceptable, from diplomacy to outright violence. Cecil wishes to rule Parsantium after removing all obstacles that stand in his way, and he is willing to do anything to achieve such goal.

The Line: Being Lawful Evil, there is a certain line that Cecil won't cross.

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 4th, 2021 at 02:31 AM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 01:32 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5262
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
I got some major Count of Monte Cristo vibes from this ad, and it made me want to push the social aspect of my character to 11 (which I consider positive growth for me since I didn't go with my original plan of the sorcerer who topples the town with nothing but arson). Anyway, this is my placeholder post for my changeling mesmerist, which I will try to have up in the next few days.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Lady Gwyneth Ralston-Mueller-van der Wahl

Race: Hag Magic alternate racial traitChangeling (Green Hag ancestry)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Traits: You have often seen lawbreakers go free when they demonstrate they have friends in high places, and so you put special effort into befriending powerful people yourself. Whenever you are in an area in which you have used the Diplomacy skill to gather information, you gain a +1 trait bonus on Diplomacy and Intimidate checks. This bonus increases to +2 when dealing with government officials.Friends in High Places, Blessed with good looks, you’ve come to depend on the fact that others find you attractive. You gain a +1 trait bonus when you use Bluff or Diplomacy on a character that is (or could be) sexually attracted to you, and a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of any language-dependent spell you cast on such characters or creatures.Charming

Description: Picture a face. Picture the eyes, the hair, the cheekbones, the smile, the skin. Open your eyes. Do you see the face you just saw?

No. Where once was an elderly woman, or a fair maiden, or a heavyset washerwoman with mousy locks and tired eyes is now someone entirely different. Close your eyes again. Who will you see next?

Lady Gwyneth Ralston-Mueller-van der Wahl is a changeling, but aside from having one green eye and one hazel, she could be anyone. Born to a human father she never met, Gwyneth has only recently reconnected with her hag mother, the green hag Lyzet. The reunion was... complicated, coming as it did in the dead of night, but it confirmed something she had begun to suspect years before. With time and patience, and a fair amount of blood, Gwyneth has become skilled at disguising herself into nearly anyone. When she is at rest, she resembles a middle aged-woman, a dark haired, pale skinned beauty. So beautiful. And when she turns her eyes on you, when she looks you right in the face, you find her... most captivating. You find your will to resist her beauty just drifting away. And you know in your heart of hearts that, even though you just met, even though she is just another stranger, you know you'll do whatever she asks. After all, when you look into her eyes, you just know... she's the one.

Background: "Tell me, darling, how do I look? No, you're not looking. Look at me. Aren't I beautiful? Tell me I'm beautiful, and that you'll do everything for me."

Lady Gwyneth, as she likes to introduce herself, is a middle-aged woman with a spotty past. Orphaned at an early age, Gwyneth was shy as a girl, shy but pretty. The other children in the orphanage made fun of her for her multicolored eyes, but they weren't laughing so much when she was adopted by a wealthy noble family while they remained behind. Gwyneth never found out why her adoptive parents came to pick her that day, and when she asked them later, they both got faraway expressions on their faces, as though they could not remember ever deciding to adopt her. She later suspected her mother had compelled the two into adopting her and caring for her specifically, and she recognized it as a sign that her mother cared for her. On the other hand, she had been given up - abandoned - and for that, she will always hate her mother. Her upbringing was less than pleasant. For all of the wealth her noble adoptive parents had, all of their social status, their feelings towards young Gwyneth went only skin deep. She was presented as their daughter, and was taught how to be a proper noble girl. Etiquette was drilled into her. She was forced to dress in increasingly expensive and uncomfortable garments for social functions, enough so that she grew to hate whenever her family was entertaining other wealthy nobles. She began to prefer how she was treated when it was just her and her adoptive parents, when they turned hateful and treated her like a slave, forcing her to clean their stately home long into the night. She was fed meager rations so as to keep her thin and attractive, and so she began to hate her beauty.

And then, she flowered in her fourteenth year, and everything began to change. Her body, skinny and awkward, began to take the form of a beautiful woman, with an ample bosom and shimmering dark hair, pale skin and pouty red lips, and eyes which, although multicolored, were entrancing. Gwyneth began to find that her eyes could draw the attention of anyone. Man or woman, old or young, rich or poor, her gaze could fall on them all, and she held them rapt. Even her parents. And with that, her days of being a slave to them came to an end. Suddenly, she was the highlight of their social gatherings, and men and women both found themselves coming back again saying they couldn't get the young woman out of their heads. Her parents, who had been mesmerized more than once, began to fear for themselves, and cast her out. In response, she used her wiles to charm a violent thug to stage a break-in at her home and, once there, she forced him to bludgeon her adoptive parents to death while they slept. As he stood there numbly, blood dripping from a length of pipe, it was easy enough to shove a letter-opener into the back of his neck. And from there, it was simply a matter of summoning a town constable and showing him the body of the man who had killed her parents in cold blood.

From there, her position in life was secured. She had a stately home, jewels aplenty, and many suitors who fell on their hands and knees to please her. She was thrice married, and thrice divorced, according to what she would tell people - "once for love, once for lust, and one for the money," as she is fond of saying. She gave herself a title as fake as her marriages, and enjoyed stirring up gossip, or more often, fabricating it out of thin air. And who was to say where these stories came from - after all, most of the people she told her lies to never remembered her telling them in the first place, and in turn, became the source of gossip themselves.

And then her mother - her real mother - came back into her life. And everything changed.

Your Sponsor:

The Plan: Gwyneth plans to use her skills in diplomacy and deception, with more than a hint of seduction and eroticism, to literally and figuratively bring the leaders of the city to their knees.

The Line:

What do you, the player, want: I just want to get into fun situations which rely on using the social skills of the game. I've never built a purely social character before, so I'm really curious to see how this will play out, should I be accepted.

Character Sheet, very much in progress

Last edited by Noquarter19; Jan 7th, 2021 at 06:31 AM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 05:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3682
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Drake Tomb
Race: Dhampir
Classes: 4th level Rogue Unchained/4th level Shadowdancer
Alignment: LE
Traits: Couragous +2 vs Fear & Spirit Sense +2 Perception to avoid surprised and detect invisible or incorporeal creatures.
Physical Description: He stands at six feet even, jet black hair just past his shoulders, at times he may have it in ponytail. He has dark brown eyes, his skin has a dark complexion, almost an exotic look to him. Medium build, athletic. Dressed in all black, with a chain like shirt & vest and matching black pants designed for simplicity and mobility. High boots. Bow at his back and a sword sheathed at his left hip. A dagger sheathed at each thigh and at each side.
right-aligned image

Personality: He carries himself well with confidence, gets along well with others just fine, although he has trouble trusting them. Seems many are friendly for a price. He doesn't get overly excited, staying calm through most situations. An even-tempered man, although on occasion, he must fight for control, with so many people see him as evil as treat him as such once they found what he is, he fights against his rage, knowing that to give in to it, the people win. He hates losing with a passion. He didn't ask to be born a dhampir, but here he is.

Roleplay: Five men were sitting in a room in the Thieves Guild, discussing a certain individual and what to do about him.
“He killed Ty, he knew he worked for us, I don’t know how, but he did.” The first man spoke.

“Damn right he did, he is not going to forget us, it be only a matter of time before he decides to come after us.” The second man chimed in.
“Hah, let him, he’s only one man.” The Third man exclaimed.

“Don’t be a fool, have you heard about him? His reputation? He’s grown in skill, he’s become a powerful man. I sent some assassins after him months ago and never heard back of any updates except from the Assassin Guild, who themselves haven’t heard back and assumes they are now dead.” The fourth man replied, looking at the third man like he was an idiot.

"Well, it was a bloody mess, but at least half-drow is dead and we gotten rid that human vampire. Never liked those two, creepy. We still have to deal with the drows, but we'll get through it."

The 2nd man nodded. "Aye, they still only come up at night, both Guilds has men at watch, so they won't try anything. Not sure why we have to deal with them in the first place, they can't be trusted, worse that the half-drow bastard."

A 4th man entered the room during the conversation. "Wouldn't worry about the drows, they're leaving. For good too I think."

The other two men turned to him with shocked look and the first man spoke. "Seriously? What happened? Drows don't back down from nothing. So what got them to leave?"

The 4th man let out a deep sigh. "That brings us to another problem. Vampires. Two of the drows are dead, one claimed it was from a ripper."
The 2nd man looked confused. "What's a ripper?"

"A ripper is a vampire that can't control himself, goes into a frenzy. Worse type of vampire."

The other two just stared at him. "Bloody hells, you think that Drake brought his vampire friends?"

"I don't know, where Harrel and Kory? They should have been here by now."
Then a knock came at the door, the first man got up and went to the door. "Finally, maybe it’s them. Who is it?"

"A message!"

Bit steamed, figuring the other two wasn't going to make the meeting, he opened the door. "What's the message?" His eyes then went wide when he saw the messenger. "Drake!!"

Drake stood there with a cold dead smile. "Message is, your turn to die." he said with a calm even but gravel voice.

The other two stood up as they heard a sound of a blade swoosh and their friend's head flew at them. They screamed out as Jett dove after them. There was a ruckus and sounded like a tornado was inside the room. Then a sound of a window breaking. A few minutes later, the door burst open and the other guild members entered the room to find the 4 men, dead and decapitated and a breeze was coming in from the broken window..

Your Sponsor: Please tell me this in secret. Who sponsored you for this job? Why were you sponsored? What makes them think you're worthy of this undertaking? And whats the penalty for failure? (posted in secret)

The Plan: In secret or not, tell me your initial plan for bringing down this city. It can be as grand or as simple as you like. But how are you going to break the Free City of Parsantium? Will have to study the city and people to get an idea for the best plan of strategy.

The Line: You're evil and are undertaking a great evil plan but is there a line you won't cross? Some act that will stop you in your tracks and cause you to go home and rethink your life? Tell me in secret if and what that line is. (posted in secret)

What do you, the player, want: Again, in secret or not, what do you the player want out of this game? As a player, just fun of gaming with others.

Last edited by Seekr34; Jan 4th, 2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 08:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 08:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
TheYell TheYell
Application to Join -- Kaven Tengs

Name: Kaven Tengs

Race: Human

Class: Crossblooded Sorcerer (Psychic / Rakshasa)

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Traits:
Ascendant Recollection, Wicked Leader

Description: 5’ 5” 123 lbs, grey eyes with short peppery beard and hair. Keleshite. Dresses like a courtier of Henry VIII in black wool floppy beret and gown and breeches. Carries a dagger openly at all times. Expressive face with constantly shifting moods, except when he plays. Wears opals-in-gold jewelry for luck. Has crossed daggers tattooed over each thumb.
Speaks in a lisping nasal baritone like Humphrey Bogart.

Background:
Kaven Tengs is an elderly Keleshite of Golarion. Although a pirate in his early life, for decades he has been a successful upper-class gambler in the Aqhrani Caliphate.

In the early years of his career on the Corsair Seas, Kaven Tengs helped his crewmates rampage in the name of the Devourer, a sharklike god of the Outer Planes.

One day his pirate ship captured a nobleman’s yacht. Kaven saw to it that a young noble soldier was spared gang rape. Kaven Tengs has no use for rape.

While the soldier’s ransom was being negotiated, he became quite friendly with Kaven Tengs, and taught him to play many tabletop games favored by Parsantine nobility to pass the time.

The soldier was ransomed, and returned with a taskforce that destroyed the pirate ship. All but Kaven Tengs were put to death. His life was spared by his friend, who put him ashore miles from civilization, and warned him to find a new life.

Kaven Tengs obeyed the warning, becoming a simple sailor who became known for his skill at playing games. He played them to a wider crowd, and eventually drew the attention of wealthy sportsmen and nobles. Kaven, although an inferior, found a welcome place among them. Yet he never forgot his more ruthless and desperate origins.

Kevan Tengs speaks six languages and owns a dhow, Dark Heart of Osirion, berthed at the Old Docks, and has bought a multistory siheyuan compound house in Tiangao Town in the Temple Ward of Parsantium. He bears no arms but a long quartz-headed dagger. At first glance he wears rich courtier’s clothes: a black wool gown, a floppy black wool beret, black wool breeches, a cloak, opals-in-gold jewelry, and a gold pocket watch. Expert inspection would reveal several magical items.

Kaven Tengs is fashionably indifferent to human suffering. He has always had the power to shape magic with his thoughts, and enjoys abusing his powers to take advantage of others. Yet he is fond of children and has never yet directly hurt a child.

Kaven Tengs retains his lifelong devotion to the Cult of the Devourer. Although he has learned self-discipline and restraint of his passions, he still looks to satiate the Devourer with human blood sacrifices.

Kaven is Neutral Evil because he is indifferent to the consequences of his actions on others, although very mindful of the consequences to himself. Kaven sees himself as superior to others and above their laws which are just silly rules made by idiots to go along with each other. He conforms to social fashions in order to profit, but does not respect the laws.

Kaven Teng’s personality type is ESTP. An Entrepreneur (ESTP) is someone with the Extraverted, Observant, Thinking, and Prospecting personality traits.

ESTP’s are bold, rational and practical, original and perceptive, direct, and sociable. But they can also be insensitive, impatient, risk prone, unstructured, may miss the bigger picture, and defiant. Kaven also has the flaw of forgetting there are more intelligent, more subtle, more powerful forces than humans in the world.

RIght now Kaven knows himself to be ignorant of the pieces on the board in Parsantium. He will use his Charisma to get to know them, and then, play chess with real people. His magic is for special situations.

A subtle, ruthless, suave intriguer, Kaven Tengs has heeded the call of his sponsors to topple the government of Parsantium.

The Plan: Games! Tengs has a great many games of skill to play for a price. His first idea is to get some high-ranking people into debt, and then blackmail them for access to higher people. But he will obey the Syndicate of powers that are being assembled.He will ensnare the elite gamblers of Parsantium in a web of debts and intrigues.

Character Sheet

I am sorry for being such a newb and failing to post an image link below. I cannot view the edit button anymore to delete all that, if someone could r"eport the post to a Mod?

Last edited by TheYell; Jan 23rd, 2021 at 02:07 AM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 10:23 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7295
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posting interest!
Application
Name: Azasael

Race: Shabti (13 RP)

Alignment: NE

Traits: Eye for the Wondrous (magic) & Bruising Intellect (social)

Description:

Background: Where did Azasael come from? He was at the beginning an angelic being who served a deity whom he prefers to leave unnamed. We'll just say that the two eventually had a falling out. He was cast out of the heavenly planes and told never to return. Azasael has said on numerous occasions over the millennia that he trusted a god once but 'never again'. The man believes that the unnamed god cursed him to live an untold number of lives. He has lived and endured and watched everyone he has ever come to care about grow old and die. After the first hundred or five-hundred lifetimes he has grown quite jaded or even misanthropical. He's lived lives on numerous worlds with different stars and different races and different gods. He'll usually spend a few hundred years on each world before waking to find himself on a new plane of existence.
What does Azasael do? He knows things. He uses a shortbow, whip and a longsword when he needs to fight. Sometimes he uses magic but mostly he uses his knowledge, intuition and glibness to get out of sticky situations. He likes a good drink and a fine cigar now and again as well as the company and conversation of a lovely lady. He doesn't mind a game of chance from time to time if he can find an honest gamming hall. They're like a frogs hair... tough to find.

Your Sponsor: Please tell me this in secret. Who sponsored you for this job? Why were you sponsored? What makes them think you're worthy of this undertaking? And what's the penalty for failure?

The Plan: In secret or not, tell me your initial plan for bringing down this city. It can be as grand or as simple as you like. But how are you going to break the Free City of Parsantium?

The Line: You're evil and are undertaking a great evil plan but is there a line you won't cross? Some act that will stop you in your tracks and cause you to go home and rethink your life? Tell me in secret if and what that line is.

What do you, the player, want: Again, in secret or not, what do you the player want out of this game?

Last edited by ricktur63; Jan 24th, 2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 10:25 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
I dunno what the hell happened, but you should scroll to the side and press the edit button. Then, you can delete this post.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 10:55 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
TheYell TheYell
It was bigger than my browser would support, it wasn't displaying the Edit button no matter how I minimized things or zoomed out. I apologize for the error.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 11:05 PM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Eh, at least it's gone now.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 02:10 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
What could you tell us about race composition of the city?
Is it high magic or low magic? Does it have magical academy or equivalent?
What is the import export of the city or the largest economy generator of the city?

I will try to find Parsantium first to know better about the city, but a general information would be nice.

Last edited by Xildur; Jan 4th, 2021 at 02:11 AM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 02:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I found the pdf of Parsantium on Scribd site. Interesting city
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 02:33 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Let's think of Parsantium as a mixture of Byzantine empire, the Ottoman sultanate and Hindi kingdom, or something along the line.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 02:55 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22344
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Tyrant

left-aligned image
Name: Aamon Gauth
Race: Human
Class: Asmodean Advocate ClericTrickery Domain* 8
Alignment: Lawful-Evil
Deity: Asmodeus

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Human Aamon Gauth.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	89285  

- Lord Byron

Last edited by LeoByron; Jan 25th, 2021 at 08:17 PM.