PF-1e Parsantium - City at the Crossroads - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 4th, 2021, 04:41 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2566
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xildur View Post
What could you tell us about race composition of the city?
Is it high magic or low magic? Does it have magical academy or equivalent?
What is the import export of the city or the largest economy generator of the city?

I will try to find Parsantium first to know better about the city, but a general information would be nice.

That's straight from the sourcebook, I'll be using that as a guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
Do you plan to stick with the deadline of Jan 25th? If so, I am posting interest.
At this stage I see no reason not to have that deadline changed
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 09:05 AM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5152
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Oh great, thank you.

Now could we define "bring down Parsantium"?
Is it changing hand? Total destruction?
Or do we define it by defining our own sponsor? Like Caliphate of Aqhran might sponsor us to take down the existing government and replace it with someone who would obey them, but Malephar might sponsor us to convert as many as followers as we could and replace current ruler with fiendish tyrant, etc.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 09:10 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1042
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
I think it's more like each character has their own sponsor.

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 4th, 2021 at 09:25 AM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5262
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Are the sponsors our own devising, or is there a list of choices as part of the campaign
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 04:36 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xildur View Post
Oh great, thank you.

Now could we define "bring down Parsantium"?
Is it changing hand? Total destruction?
Or do we define it by defining our own sponsor? Like Caliphate of Aqhran might sponsor us to take down the existing government and replace it with someone who would obey them, but Malephar might sponsor us to convert as many as followers as we could and replace current ruler with fiendish tyrant, etc.
I know the answer isn't going to help much, but the answer is yes. Changing hands to complete destruction to simply murdering the rulers, it doesn't matter the method or form but the end result must be the city can no longer function properly as a beacon of good and hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
Are the sponsors our own devising, or is there a list of choices as part of the campaign
Entirely player choice, go nuts and make it interesting
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 06:56 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
TheYell TheYell
Quote:
Changing hands to complete destruction to simply murdering the rulers, it doesn't matter the method or form but the end result must be the city can no longer function properly as a beacon of good and hope
Changing my character to Neutral Evil then, with the limitation mentioned secretly. And then I think it ready.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 07:18 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 72937
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Placeholder: interesting, you don't ask for class. that is a marvelous way to get us to describe our PC's... without one major stereotype.

Name: Self-Explanatory
Race: Maximum RP of 15
Age: Don't forget to take into account age modifiers here
Alignment: Any alignment is fine, but good characters will need some justification
Traits:
Description: What does your character look like, a picture would be much appreciated

Background: Where did your character come from? What do they do? Give me an idea as to what your character's life is all about and where they've come from before now

Your Sponsor: Please tell me this in secret. Who sponsored you for this job? Why were you sponsored? What makes them think you're worthy of this undertaking? And whats the penalty for failure?

The Plan: In secret or not, tell me your initial plan for bringing down this city. It can be as grand or as simple as you like. But how are you going to break the Free City of Parsantium?

The Line: You're evil and are undertaking a great evil plan but is there a line you won't cross? Some act that will stop you in your tracks and cause you to go home and rethink your life? Tell me in secret if and what that line is.

What do you, the player, want: Again, in secret or not, what do you the player want out of this game?
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 07:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3682
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
app is done, hope you approve
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 08:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
TheYell TheYell
Page 48 of Parsantium City at the Crossroads says
Quote:
“At the lowest end of the scale, a dirty tenement apartment in the slums of the Dock Ward costs 2–4 gp per month, a leaky houseboat in Flotsam costs 3 gp, and a basic apartment in the Poor Ward costs 5–10 gp. Average residential accommodation in the other wards of the Old Quarter, the Mercantile Quarter or the Imperial Quarter’s Victory and Harbour wards costs 10–40 gp per month. Large homes in wealthy districts such as the Grand Ward and near the Garden Mausoleum of Hulieman in the Garden Ward cost up to 160 gp per month.“
Kaven Tengs, through intermediaries, will rent a two-courtyard compound in the Tiangao Town of the Temple Ward.

It will look like this.

I think a fair price for the rental, given the above quote, is 125 gp a month. He will pay 1500 to engage it for the year.

He will hire 4 NPCs for household staff, a valet, 2 footmen, and a hobgoblin guard for the Gatehouse entrance to the compound. These will not be adventuring cohorts just hirelings to round out the household in a manner befitting a wealthy gambler.

That provides stabling for 24 horses or mules, 8 bedrooms for the party and a bedroom for the servants. We avoid an inn and cooking our own meals. More importantly we’re not overheard and we have private storage.

Last edited by TheYell; Jan 4th, 2021 at 08:07 PM.
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 09:18 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22344
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron

- Lord Byron
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 10:23 PM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
so... when is the deadline then?
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 11:19 PM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf
I'm looking to have between six to eight players by January 25th Australian Eastern Standard Time, depending on interest. I'm not too fussed on party composition or exact numbers, I'd rather have five players with great stories than a eight player perfectly rounded team

- Lord Byron
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 01:03 AM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf View Post

At this stage I see no reason not to have that deadline changed
(emphasis mine)
Old Jan 5th, 2021, 01:06 AM
Wraith

Tools
User Statistics
Yikes! My bad. I totally misread that!

- Lord Byron