RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 11th, 2021, 11:09 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1177
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Servlitzda's Legion

Game NameServlitzda's Legion
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeCinematic Play ( A One Shot), Tutorial, Bounty Hunting, Encounter , Perm Death
FlavourFantasy Adventure, Survival, Deadly, City, Realms

Plot Summary
right-aligned image

Servlitzda's Legion, A Bounty Hunting/ Mercenary guild, has set up shop in Baldur's Gate. Servlitzda has decided to retire from a lifetime of adventure. He always wished he could have asked for the help of a good mercenary or two on his travels. Well dependable ones that is. Unable to find a dependable group, He decided to retire and start up his own and now we have Servlitzda's Legion. He is determined to make a name from himself and his business by providing dependable, world class help. As well as rid the world of those who have outstanding bounties.

The Legion is now accepting new recruits.

Make money, acquire experience, vanquish foes. Do you have what it takes to make a name for yourself?

This job will require a lot out of you. Travel the world doing jobs. Meet interesting people. See sights you otherwise wouldn't see.

* Disclaimer - The legion is not responsible for any ill fortune that befalls you during a mission and upon joining you forfeit all abilities to hold the guild responsible for anything that happens to you.

Game Information
Players Needed: Multiple
Sources: All published WoTC sources. I will allow UA Revised Ranger, UA Gothic Lineages, and UA Folk of Feywild.
Starting Level: 1
Character Sheet: Not required for application
Ability Scores: Don't roll here.
Gear: Starting gear per background, and class. You can also ask for various non important items. ex.. Smoking pipe, tobacco, hair brush. Being based inside Baldur's Gate and going to other cities for jobs you will get money and be able to spend said money on downtime.

Application
Name:
Race:
Class:
Background:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:

Why have you joined the legion?

Other Information
Death: Your characters might die in the field or on a job. This will result in the permanent death of this character. You will be able to create a "new recruit" for the legion if you so choose.

Jobs will come from various published one shots, bounties, or mini-adventures as well as some that are created by me. Your characters will level up as the complete these jobs or bounties and will earn gold for these same completions.

Jobs will be posted on a "Board page" where all the players "Guild Members" can choose to accept the mission or bounty.

Jobs will have varying level of difficulty. I will also try to make bounties very dynamic and interesting being more than just someone you ran into on the street.
I swear upon the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Impaleddearan; Apr 11th, 2021 at 11:27 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 01:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 885
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Nkongho

Race: Human Variant (Chultan)

Class: Fighter

Background: Faction Agent (The Lord's Alliance)

Appearance: At six foot one inch and weighing two hundred and twenty pounds, Nkongho is an imposing figure. His complexion is dark. He has black short cropped kinky hair and coal black eyes. When he first traveled to the Sword Coast from Chult he was used to wearing short robes and not much armor other than a shield, he quickly adjusted to wearing clothing similar to what Chondathans wear and to metal armor. His favorite color is blue so much of his clothing is some shade of that color. He even lacquers the outside of his shield a royal blue.

Personality: Nkongho has a high sense of duty. He is amiable but prefers to work behind the scenes. The warrior has always been willing to 'sacrifice' for his companions. Nkhongo is accountable and prefers 'doing' rather than endless planning.

Backstory: Nkongho was born and bred in Chult. When the Sembians began to come, he hated them. But then other people from different countries also made their way and the warrior realized that there was more to the strange lands across the sea than money-grubbing merchants.

Nkongho met a bard, Petyr Blackwater, from Baldur's Gate that told many stories of the north. Intrigued, the well muscled fighter decided to travel to the sword Coast. On the sail to Baldur's Gate, Petyr started to recruit the warrior for the Lord's Alliance. Little by little, all of Nkongho doubts faded and he decided to join in ernest.

Nkogho was introduced to firearms by a half crazy rock gnome named Vordri Shadowstitch but who everyone called Vory. He wasn't enamored of Vory but the firearms he absolutely loved. He practiced as much as he could afford and is now a proficient shooter.

Why have you joined the legion? The Lord's Alliance wants to keep an eye on the Legion to make sure it doesn't turn into another Zhentarim.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 13th, 2021 at 04:50 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 03:50 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 352
Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers Chevaliers
I'm definitely interested in this, just getting some ideas together. Are you allowing the Gunner feat from Tasha's?
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 08:48 AM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan Impaleddearan
Yes
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 09:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Chevaliers

OOOOOO, a wicked idea
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
If you get someone else to take the Gunner feat, I could change my whole character concept to have the feat. We would then be 'The Three Musketeers'.

Seriously, who has never dreamt of being one of the Musketeers?

Last edited by Shula; Apr 12th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 10:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1237
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application Status=WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Auberon Leafweave
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger - Tasha Variants
Subclass: Gloom Stalker
Background: Hermit (Sub religion for Nature)

Back story:
Auberon, his father, mother and sister lived on a small plot of land in an elven settlement near a creek on the edge of the deep forest. Auberon has spent the majority of his life in the wilds. By day he Hunted, supplying sustanence for his family. He would also often guide game for rich nobles so they didn’t die or get lost in the forest. He also farmed, mostly to expand his skill set and diversify of diet. As well as kept a host of bees for making honey. Fishing was also abundant. He lives a simple life. By night Auberon explores. He hunts, stalks and dispatches larger predatory creatures and beasts of the night on occasion.

Once while on a guiding expedition for a nobleman, one of the clients was “accidentally killed” and Auberon framed for the mis hap.

It was not royal guard, or military pressence in which processed Auberons captivity. Rather It was a bounty hunter named Servlitzda who brought him in for justice. Servlitzda couldnt do it how ever, he felt a kinship with the young ranger. So, he bargained the court on behalf of Auberon, paid his bounty in full, granting him freedom. The catch though was that Auberon would have to repay his debt to the bounty hunter. He would have to serve under Servlitzda, work with him and become a bounty hunter himself.

Now though, years later and debt paid in full, Auberon finds himself still here. Still doing the work of the bounty hunter. An affinity for the work appeals to the ranger from the deep wood. He likes it, and so he stays.

Personality:
He has two sides to him. A calm caring independent naturalist who prefers seclusion, simplicity and peace.
On the other hand he is a thrill seeking anarchist who gets subtle pleasure from violent acts.

Description:
Despite his time in the city, Auberon still dons the attire of a forest walker. He stands of average height with a athletically slim build. He has dark brown unkempt hair, emerald green eyes and a patch of facial hair nestled upon his chin. He walks with a staff and is always in his own custom armor made of leather and woven patches of wood and nature. From a distance he does not look appealing, but up close one would notice the hidden beauty he bestows. A beauty very much appreciative of nature.

Last edited by Jrod; Apr 17th, 2021 at 04:48 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Maybe a Porthos wannabe:
normal image without text wrap
Fighter (Champion)-6/Rogue(Scout)-14
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1237
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
@DM- when you refer to the revised ranger do you intend to allow the additional “extra attack” at 5th, which is talked about among the community or no. Simply revised ranger as how it’s written.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 10:52 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
If you play ranger I will allow a second atk at lvl 5 with revised.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 11:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impaleddearan View Post
If you play ranger I will allow a second atk at lvl 5 with revised.
ooooooo, REVISED revised Ranger... so yummy
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 03:19 PM
The Dread Lord

Tools
User Statistics
I am in the process of making the thread but here is the link. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19382
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
So the DMG list a powder horn at 2lbs. Doesn't say how much gunpowder that is. I assume 1lb is the horn and 1lp is gunpowder.

There are 7000 grains of gunpowder in a pound. It takes 100 grains to fire a musket ball. So that's 70 shots in optimal condition.

I only bring this up because it's going to matter with firearms.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 04:11 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Impaleddearan I'll get my character application up tonight hopefully.

@Shula I like the way you think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
@Chevaliers

OOOOOO, a wicked idea
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
If you get someone else to take the Gunner feat, I could change my whole character concept to have the feat. We would then be 'The Three Musketeers'.

Seriously, who has never dreamt of being one of the Musketeers?

Old Apr 14th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Name: Amelia Ashboon
Race: Human (variant, Gunner bonus feat)
Class: Bard
Background: Soldier (Officer)
Appearance: A woman of average height, her sharp features and well groomed black hair set her apart from the often portly gentlemen that made up the rest of the officer corps she was formerly a part of.

Though her physical features are fairly unremarkable in society at large, Amelia easily stands out in a crowd given her uniform is her usual attire both on and off the field, the regulation deep black coat with red facings well looked after, as is the rest of her equipment.

Personality: Keenly aware that bellowing orders doesn't mean they'll get done, Amelia prefers to motivate others through inspiring words or daring actions, never shying away from a fight once committed. "Officers don't duck" is the mantra she was taught, a rule better kept to in spirit than letter. Providing the job gets done and no serious infractions committed, she is willing to take a somewhat liberal view of rules and laws.

Though not of any noble bearing Amelia strives to be courteous and amiable wherever possible, saving her harsh words for when they might prove useful in spurring an ally on.

Backstory: Coming from a small barony on the
Sword Coast, Amelia had the good fortune that her parents could afford to have her educated. Her schooling eventually lead to her acceptance as an officer in the local baron's militia, thoughts of adventure and glory driving the young woman to eagerly enlist. It soon became apparent, however, that other than drilling conscripts on the parade ground there was little else to do, with only discussion of tactics and wargames offering the occassional change of pace.

Such daily mundanity meant that when a band of roving orcs was spotted on the rampage she practically jumped at the opportubnity to drive them off, though in the ensuing battle she discovered firsthand that while convincing levied peasants to stand in a line and pepper their foes with bullet and bolt was simple enough, the same could not be said for keeping that line from breaking when the foe kept coming. It was hard fought for a skirmish, but eventually the militia emerged victorious. Realising how much more she had to learn in the military arts, Amelia requested the opportunity to gain experience with veterans elsewhere before returning.

Why have you joined the legion?

Having no battles to fight doesn't suit Amelia at all, so she's taken a leave of absence to ply her trade to gain some experience in military and mercenary matters. The Legion seemed a natural fit for her skills and would surely provide the type of knowledge she sought, so she applied as soon as she was able.
Old Apr 14th, 2021, 10:07 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Jharr332
I would love to play as a lizard-folk ranger if thats ok i can get a new race picked out this is my first game played by post

Last edited by Jharr332; Apr 14th, 2021 at 10:11 PM.