RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 19th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18890
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Four From Cormyr

Game NameFour From Cormyr
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeForgotten Realms
FlavourMelee and Mystery - 2E Module Conversion to 5E
Plot Summary
Plot Summary

Old Module Reboot:
Four from Cormyr is a series of four adventures set in the kingdom of Cormyr, exposing the adventurers to a range of challenges and opponents, some obvious, some a lot more subtle.
You are seasoned adventurers coming into these lands, or returning perhaps, seeking new challenges to continue to do what you do.

This adventure is set at the FR time of the Module, but it is not important to the overall campaign/series of adventures.

The Hook - Border CrossingAs your group travels along the road to Cormyr, you notice a small stone structure ahead of you, abutting a tower three stories high. Four soldiers in purple tabards casually walk into the center of the road and wait for your group to approach.
One soldier, a burly human man, holds out a hand and says, "Hail and well met. Welcome to Cormyr. What manner of business brings such an interesting pack of travelers across our borders?"

A large sign posted near the road's edge reads:
Laws of Cormyr
  1. All persons entering Cormyr must register with the officials of a border garrison.
  2. Foreign currency can only be used in certain locations. Please exchange your coins for Cormyrean golden lions at your first opportunity.
  3. Adventurers must acquire a charter before undertaking any operation as a group.
  4. All weapons must be peace-bonded. The only persons exempt from this law are members of chartered adventuring groups and members of mercenary groups that can offer proof of employment.
  5. Harming cats is forbidden.
  6. Bow your head to royalty and the local nobility.
  7. Purple Dragons have the right to search you upon request.
  8. Hunting on private land is forbidden.
On the second floor of the tower, a man sits by an open window and seems to be enjoying some
fresh air. He looks down at you and waves, and you notice a wand casually resting in his other
hand. Perhaps answering the soldier's question would be a smart idea.

Game Mechanics
How many Players are you looking for?
What is the characters' starting level?
Level 10 - Max Multiclasses is 2

What Races are allowed?
Any in the Approved Books.

How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Per pg 38 of the DMG: 5,000 gp plus 1d10 x 250 gp (Roll HERE), three uncommon magic items, one rare item, normal starting equipment.

Are there any particular character “things that you want... or do not want?
Only Good Alignments will be chosen (LG, NG, CG)

Is a character background/History required? Are you looking for anything in particular?
Yes. Character is from the Forgotten Realms

Are your Players restricted to particular rule books and supplements?
Yes. These are the books that are allowed.
-Player’s Handbook
-Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
-Xanathar's Guide to Everything
-Tasha's Cauldron of Everything
-Volo's Guide to Monsters
The Application - Character Submission:

Mandatory Requested Viewing:
All players are requiredasked to watch or listen to the video at THIS LINK. It's about the worst character creation Taboos, and I find it very useful. It is provided as an "aide", and nothing more. If you don't watch it, fine. If you start watching it and don't find it useful, and stop watching it, that's fine too.

Character Name:
Race:
Class:
Description:
Personality:
Background:
  • Trait 1:
    Trait 2:
    Ideal:
    Bond:
    Flaw:

Character Sheet:

Character History: Your character will have known the others for at least a year at minimum; longer if you prefer. Joint player applications may be accepted, but not promised. Please be sure your character stands on their own.
Substance: If you paid attention to the video, one paragraph will do, two should be enough. That said, I'm a sucker for a good story, so more may not hurt you.

Game Posting Requirements:
Once per week.
DM reserves the right to "ghost" a character if 7 days have passed without a player posting since last DM "update" post.
As for content in your Game Posts, at least a decent paragraph in a post would be appreciated. Yes, sometimes combat can’t be too meaty, but it can be “descriptive!” So, c’mon folks, we’re writing a story, and adventure together. Let’s have fun out there!

Character Generation Method
No ability over 15 before applying racial bonuses. 27 Point Buy.
HP is Max at 1st Level. Take Standard, or Roll once/if your character is accepted

About me the DM
I have been on the site for several years, taking a hiatus at one point, and even a break once when the RL Dragon tried to take me offline. My style is collaborative, with DM and players alike policing the rules. I'll have the final ruling just so the crazies aren't running the asylum, but I am somewhat new to 5E, (just over 3 years), so on that front I'm sorta green. Overall, this is meant to be a good time and good distraction from RL, so I hope you find it the same way.

Lastly
No Die Rolling in this thread according to Site Rules.

Application Deadline
2-3 weeks from date of this post, longer if need be

Explanation/ApologyIt has been brought to my attention that my original request to make it mandatory that all applications watch a video on youtube about character creation might have come off with the wrong impression. It may come off as me telling anyone that looks to apply that I don't trust them to be able to make a good application that doesn't have these "taboos".

By making that mandatory, I did not mean to infer that potential players do not have the capability to make an acceptable application unless they get some "schooling" first. My intention is to only avoid the pitfalls of those characters that don't get along well with others and won't work well in a group, specifically "This Group" that will RP in "this" game. My apologies if anyone was slighted in the least bit.

Application List Thus Far
CHARACTER
CLASS
RACE
PLAYER
APPLICATION STATUS
Anwen Pembroke Fighter (Battle Master) Human (Variant) thefeywild Complete
Acraganes Rogue-2/Fighter-8 (Champion) Variant Human (Mulan) Shula Complete
Zion Runningblade Paladin Aasimar Seekr34 Complete
Baroness Suzerain Von Schild Sorceress (Dragon, Green) Yuan-Ti Pureblood Runetide Complete
Drystan Twilight Domain Cleric 5 / Monk – Way of Mercy 5 Human Variant Numen Wraith Complete
Ibrai Siofin Warlock - Genie Pact Variant Human DemonSlayer Complete
Sir Goswin Prendergast Fighter - Cavalier Human (variant) Lazer Complete
Kasimar Ventrillox Warlock Tiefling Dyerdon Complete
Demouse Dragonblade Fighter(archetype champion) Half-elf(drow) BlackDragon0 Complete
Ashele Orome Rogue 3 (assassin), fighter 7 (Samurai) Drow Anamiac Complete
Ciridan Nightstar Wizard - Conjuration Moon Elf Blackout Complete
Auberon Leafweave Druid - Land (Forest) Wood Elf Jrod Complete
Tucker Cleric (Life Domain) 6, Warlock (The Hexblade) 4 with Pact of the Tomb Half Elf Kenjitsu Complete
Catherine Hexen Warlock, Hexblade. Pact of the Blade Human (Variant) voodoozombie Complete
Alexandra Lightfoot Bard (College Lore) Human Motjaba Complete
Marius KovSmyth Eldritch Knight 8/Artificer 2 Rock Gnome Kshnik Complete
Malfor Linsiel Rogue (Arcane Trickster)/10 Pallid Elf (Wildemount book) Hiruma Kohaku Complete
Aorio Arfificer, Battle Smith Halfling, Stout Arachobia Complete
Balgruff Torvaldsen Cleric Dwarf Jab Burrwalky WIP
Volka Wild Magic Barbarian (4)/ Fey Wanderer Ranger (6) Wood Elf Draiden WIP

Questions Asked/Answered

DeadlineMay 27th Midnight CST

Last edited by Drachenspirit; May 27th, 2021 at 03:17 PM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 03:18 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2422
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
Definite interest
Old May 19th, 2021, 03:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5012
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Definitely interested.

Would there be any problem if I submitted a 10th level character who I leveled from 1 - 10 in another game, but who died and will be leaving the party permanently as soon as she gets reincarnated? It was a forgotten realms game, and I don't anticipate any problems with her abiding by the rules you've set out.
Old May 19th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
Definitely interested.

Would there be any problem if I submitted a 10th level character who I leveled from 1 - 10 in another game, but who died and will be leaving the party permanently as soon as she gets reincarnated? It was a forgotten realms game, and I don't anticipate any problems with her abiding by the rules you've set out.
That's perfectly fine.
Old May 19th, 2021, 04:10 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 325
A7ice A7ice A7ice A7ice
Submission withdrawn, have good fun guys!

Last edited by A7ice; May 20th, 2021 at 02:38 PM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 04:58 PM
Daytime Denizen

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 602
Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky Jab Burrwalky
PLACEHOLDER/WIP
Character Name: Balgruff Torvaldsen
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric
Description:
Personality:
Background:
Trait 1:
Trait 2:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:

Character Sheet:

Character History: Your character will have known the others for at least a year at minimum; longer if you prefer. Joint player applications may be accepted, but not promised. Please be sure your character stands on their own.
Old May 19th, 2021, 05:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
Application
right-aligned image

Character Sheet

Character Name: Anwen Pembroke
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter (Battle Master)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Description: Anwen Pembroke comes from the small town of Daggerford, to the southeast of Waterdeep. She is twenty five years of age, but passes for a woman in her mid-thirties, weathered from her years adventuring throughout western Faerûn. She is able-bodied and athletic, and takes great pride in her strength and endurance. Anwen has thick, red hair, which she wears loose, with messy braids throughout—one of her most notable features. Her left eye was lost in a harrowing encounter with a wyrm, and she was left with a terrible scar.

Personality: Anwen is, first and foremost, a protector. She grew up on a farm in Daggerford to a loving father and mother, and has a cheerful younger sister, Ceri, of whom she is fiercely protective. She is a strong believer in fate, convinced that little in life happens without purpose. In the face of adversity, she is brave, and prefers action to discussion. Her sense of morality is rather black and white, and she speaks her mind freely, but is not rude or insulting. She is not without flaw, however. She is inclined to the bottle, and drinks regularly, if not to excess at times. It has become a necessity, and she struggles if too much time has passed since her last drink.

Background: Folk Hero
Trait 1: I’m confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others.
Trait 2: If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help.
Ideal: Destiny. Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond: I protect those who cannot protect themselves.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Character History: Anwen, the oldest of two children, was born in the small town of Daggerford in western Faerûn. She spent her childhood and early teen years among the fields and pastures of the family farm, which was sizeable, with her younger sister, Ceri. Though carefree as a child, she was no stranger to hard work, and spent many summers as a farmhand, bringing in crops and caring for livestock. Her father had hoped that one day Anwen would take over the farm, but alas, her destiny lay elsewhere.

Anwen dreamt of adventure and exploration. Away from the farm, she would spend hours at the drill fields, watching the Daggerford militia perform rigorous exercises and battle maneuvers, longing for the day she would be old enough to join. She vowed to one day see greater Faerûn—the grand cities, forgotten ruins, and ancient forests that she had only heard about in legend. With a broken tobacco stick, she would practice swordplay in the barns, attempting to remember the precision strikes of the militiamen, fighting imaginary dragons and ogres. She would fall asleep at night dreaming of what waited for her beyond the limits of her homestead.

Now, as she walks among her five companions, her years at Daggerford seem like a lifetime ago. The memories of those summer days flood back often now. Ceri among the wildflowers. Her mother calling them for dinner, barely audible over the sounds of the crickets and cicadas at sunset. Her father, recounting the legends of old around the hearth in the common room. It makes her heart ache. She pulls a small flask from her belt and unstoppers it. She drinks, allowing the burning liquid to slowly soothe the sorrow, like it does without fail. Adventure, as she has come to discover, is not all excitement and glory. Adventure is half a tenday without a proper meal. It is shivering in your bedroll on a winter's night come too early. It is glaring at a wyrm over the crest of your shield, only to have the beast gouge your damned eye out. And Anwen wouldn't trade it for all the gold in Neverwinter.

Last edited by thefeywild; May 20th, 2021 at 02:17 PM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 06:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 885
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Application
right-aligned image

Character Name: Acraganes (lit. the god Assur has begotten a son.)
Race: Variant Human (Mulan)
Class: Rogue-2/Fighter-8 (Champion)
Description: Acraganes is tall and thin with a sallow skin tone and hazel eyes. He prefers to wear a keffiyeh and a facial veil to hide his face from the non-Mulan. Like many of his people Acraganes shaves off the little brown hair he has.
Personality: Acraganes is a bit bitter about not being able to return to Chessenta due to the incident with his wife. Otherwise he is warm and sensitive, an unassuming type. Acraganes is a good team member and is in touch with himself. His time in the army has made him wary, he is always looking for threats wherever he goes.
Background: Soldier
  • Trait 1: Every mile is evaluated for potential threats. Vigilance never rests.
    Trait 2: This was never my fight... …yet my comrades are worth fighting for!
  • Ideal: Wanderlust. There's a voice that keeps on calling me, down the road is where I'll always be.
  • Bond: I know that I am strong, I will teach others that they are strong too!
  • Flaw: The scandal surrounding my marriage prevents me from ever going home again. Trouble seems to follow me around.

Character Sheet:

Have 490gp to spend and have to put weight to equipment, otherwise charsheet done.

Character History: Acraganes was born in Chessenta. When he came of age, he was constricted as a scout in the army. After serving his tour, the Mulan honored his commitment to a marriage arranged by his parents and another family. Acraganes was publicly humiliated when everyone in his town learned that his wife was caught in bed with another man. The wily fighter decided to travel and not look back feeling that he could never return because of the shame.

Acraganes traveled to the west into the lands of the chondathans. He first saw Aelhira Stormshadow when he stumbled upon a fight between her and a pack of orcs. While helping fend off the attack, the fighter was very impressed with the wood elf's skill in battle. The two agreed to travel temporarily for mutual protection since they were going in the same direction. The 'temporary' turned into a permanent partnership. In time, others joined the duo in their adventures.

Last edited by Shula; May 19th, 2021 at 08:11 PM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 06:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quick question: you want a charsheet but you don't list what attribute generation method we are using. So is it point buy, 4d6 or something else?

Never mind me. I missed it, duh.

Last edited by Shula; May 19th, 2021 at 06:50 PM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 06:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Motjaba Motjaba Motjaba
Application
Character Name: Alexandra Lightfoot
Race: Human
Class: Bard (College Lore)
Description: White Blonde hair, Curious icy blue eyes, pale skin and a thin frame with graceful long fingers. She is 5'7" but her slouch makes her look more like 5'5". She is 21 and has a youthful vibrancy and an air of naivety.
Personality: Alex is an optimist who believes people are inherently good. She cannot stand for injustice and will use her abilities to help the weak and underrepresented.
Background: Noble
Trait 1: I'd rather have hope than security and safety.
Trait 2: Work smarter not harder.
Ideal: Respect, I may have been dealt an ace with my status at birth but everyone brings something to the table
Bond: I love someone my family hates.
Flaw: I often say and do things that dishonors my family.

Character History: Alex is the second child and first daughter of a well off, politically strong family from the Sword Coast. Her parents noticed her talent for music at a young age and fostered this talent as a way to attract suitors. They imagined a life of formal dinners, masquerades and parties where her natural beauty and charm would further the families political aspirations. There was only one hitch. Alex finds it hard to hold her tongue especially when she sees injustice. At first it was a mere inconvenience, the occasional awkward laugh at a dinner, or scolding at school. When she skipped out on meeting a potential arranged suitor to try sailing with a pretty girl, Alex came home to everything she owned out in the courtyard.

The letter left a top her things read:
"Come home when you're ready to be a lady."

It's been three years since that day, and Alex is still not ready to be a lady.

(end to be integrated with other players where fits)

Character Sheet

[The final character type from the video was the lone wolf stereotype]

Last edited by Motjaba; May 20th, 2021 at 02:16 AM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3682
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88478
Character Name: Zion Runningblade
Race: Aasimar (Protector Aasimar)
Class: Paladin (Oath of Devotion)
Alignment: LG
Deity: Helm
Description: 6'4 tall, medium build, clean shaven with dark red hair and bright emerald, green eyes to match. His smile can be infectious when he enters a room. On the battlefield with breastplate armor and shield, a sword at his side and bow at his back, he looks confident and prepared for anything, showing no fear.
right-aligned image

Personality: Easygoing and polite. He shows respect for everyone, from a peasant to a king. Good natured, he takes the time to listen, making him easy to get along with. If there is a fight, he can be counted on, he is also the kind of man that would stop and help an elderly across the street.

Background: City Watch
Personality Trait 1: I'm always polite and respectful.
Personality Trait 2: Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Ideal: Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: The monstrous enemy we faced in battle still leaves me quivering in fear.
Character History: The youngest of three, he was blessed at birth, his bright emerald, green eyes proved that. The family was warned that an upcoming child would be special. Needless to say, the family were grateful. While his sister Zerina spent most of her time at the temple, becoming a priestess, his brother Zack, who was the oldest and he were always playing knights. Their father and uncles and grandfathers and their brothers were all cavaliers, knights, and paladins. They were a very well-respected family, a third of them were heroes. It was only natural that Zion and his brother took up the mantel. His brother Zack decided to become a cavalier, where Zion chose the paladin hood.

During his training, some of his fellows gave him a hard time because of the way he would treat others. His Angelic Guide was Tadriel, who’s nature was compassion and hopefulness. So, many of his fellow knights and paladins would look down upon others, thinking themselves above others. Zion wasn't like that. They all were good people, whether they were merchants, nobles, farmers, or peasants. Who or what they were did not define them, but their actions did. Because he always protected the weak and those that can not protect themselves, he had chosen Helm as his Deity. Sure, there were others just as good, Torm, Tyr, and a few others, but he chosen Helm. Some would call him too soft hearted, but he always believed that working together made you stronger and life more bearable, and a few would think him a coward for he would rather compromise, then go straight in for the kill. He always believed killing so be as a necessity, not the first choice, for a live should be precious. Steal? Item can be returned, but a live? Can never be returned. The person is a child, a sibling, a parent, a spouse to someone, so outside of monsters, he can avoid taking a life, he will. So when he was done with his knighthood, he went off on his own.

It was short lived, after a couple of years of him traveling, coming to the aid of a small villages, war came to his city of Arabel, Gondegal, who made himself King, had conquered some lands and because of his greed consumed with power, he was overreaching. His reign only lasted a few weeks at best. He escaped and left behind rumors of him still being alive and plotting or he was killed. Zion became part of the city watch then. Both his family and his guide persuaded him to get out in the world, for he was special and he needed to span his horizon and help others in need. He was not meant to stay in one place, not at his age anyway. He was glad to leave, the memories of the war was rough on him, the images kept coming to him when he slept and when he saw any battles.

So, off he went on adventuring with his belongings, supplies and a gift from his grandfather. He given Zion his Adamantine Armor. He was told not worry about his brother Zack, for the other grandfather gave him his armor as well. The traveling helped. The images didn't come as much and he finally felt at peace when he had come across a few would be adventurers like himself, and they teamed up on some missions and the group became close, sure there was disagreements here and there, that's only natural, but the comrade was there, they all knew they could count on each other no matter what the situation was. They protected villages from goblins, they rescued Duchy of Northane's daughter from Orcs. That also gave him bad dreams, for the Duke's daughter had been taken a month before they heard about the kidnapping. They found her a week later and after a heavy battle, they brought her home. Everyone heard about half-orcs and most folks know how they come to be born, but Zion's group got to experience it first hand, for the daughter was pregnant from the rape of the Orc leader. They had helped a town who's cemetery was plagued by the undead. A vampire using the Mausoleum as his base. They had traveled to Kings Forest and came across a battle between the wood elves and a band of orcs. Zion was more than happy to help the elves. Traveling a lot, the group stayed at the forest for a few weeks. Becoming friends with one of the elves, Zion was taught their language. It was hard at first, but he eventually got the hang of it and soon he was speaking their language smoothly instead of gutting it. The elves were proud of him, they were wondering if he would guy their language forever. Then they gave him a parting gift. A quiver, a special quiver, a s gift from Ehlonna, which many of their elven heroes have. To the elves though, she is called Ehlenestra. Their names began to grow in Cormyr, but it didn't last. The group later split, each one parted ways slowly. One needed to leave for some private business, later another left, then another, then soon, Zion was on his own again.

He went back home to see his family. It was a great reunion, his sister Zerina was a Patriarch now, she was a Priestess when he left. She would soon become a High Priestess. Their oldest sibling Zack, was also doing well. He was an Esquire when Zion left home, but now, he was a Chevalier. He was only one step below from becoming a Cavailier. His brother was quickly rising in the ranks. He was that good. Now Zion himself was no slouch either, he was a fine Protector when he left home and he's now a Chevalier as well, but while his siblings were one step below their ultimate goal, he was two steps behind. He didn't mind the ribbing from his brother. Zack was always competitive in everything he did.

The day came when he was ready to leave when his father, also named Zack, Zack the 4th actually, making his brother Zack the 5th Anyway, his father approached him, proud of his youngest boy's achievements, handed him a sword in his sheath. It was a sword he had years ago, but since he has the Holy Avenger, he never used it, but he knew Zion could use it until the day came when he would acquire his own Holy Avenger. When Zion took the handle of the sword and pulled it out of the shield, his father smiled as he stepped back and told him to say the word "Flame On" to the sword, saying what happened next won't hurt him. So, Zion said the word and the blade became inflamed. It was a like a sword of fire. Guessing the words, he said "Flame Off" and the flame disappeared, looking once again, like an ordinary sword, except it was more finely made. The sword Flame Tongue. The youngest son will always be grateful.

He went solo for awhile, helping a druid, then weeks later, he came across a monk and they stayed together for awhile. The monk was impressed how Zion, now an official Paladin, had treated the local people. He had treated everyone with the same respect. In return, the monk seem to have everything, but he only had a backpack and a sack for storage. A man of mystery, Zion wasn't used to being nosy, so he kept to himself. They went to Dalelands, the people there fell in love with the two men. They helped deal with raiders and roaming bandits. They entered Vesperin, hearing of trouble. There was trouble alright, a Cambion was making an army. With fighting going on, Zion and Caine went straight for the Cambion, knowing if they can take him down, then his army will disbursed. They did find him and a battle arose. At the end, Zion stood standing alone, though barely. Caine, the Monk and the Cambion laid dead, along with an Ogre, the Cambion's bodyguard. Zion healed himself and rested. He chopped the head off of the Cambion to make sure he stayed dead. Then, with tears, he buried his friend. He looked in Caine's backpack, seeing if there was anything useful. There wasn't much in there. He turned to the sack that was just lying there. Looked empty. Then again, it always looked empty. The gears in the mind began to move. He had heard of some bags that could hold tons of things and always appears empty. Could it be? He opened the sack and reached in and he laughed. A Bag of Holding. He then took a trip to Caine's hometown and met his family. They insisted that he keep the bag.

A year later, while traveling, he stopped at the city he came across and stopped at a temple and bought some higher grade healing potions. He then went to an inn and there, he saw his old group. They caught up on old times, swapping stories and news. Two days later, they were entering Cormyr, Zion’s home country.

Requested cost for magical items: Bag of Holding, Potion of Healing 4d4+4, and Quiver of Ehlonna

Last edited by Seekr34; May 24th, 2021 at 10:46 PM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 08:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
Definitely interested.

I can't reincarnate you but I'd gladly pick your pockets while your dead.

Just kidding, I'm NG.
Old May 19th, 2021, 09:13 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5703
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
I'll be interested in trying this. Will edit in application once I've done some reading.
I've tried making a number of characters for 5e but don't really have much experience playing the game, so please forgive me if my character is a bit poorly designed. I get the gist of mechanical stuff but have little to no knowledge of how it all plays out.
PLACEHOLDER/WIP
right-aligned image
Suzerain Von Schild"

Character Name: Baroness Suzerain Von Schild (Pronounced "Sue-zer-rain Von Shield")
Race: Yuan-Ti Pureblood
Class: Sorceress (Dragon, Green)
Description: A dusky skinned woman of great beauty and grace, her regal appearance only accentuated by the presence of olive-green scales scattered across her body. Dressed in fine clothing and adorned with jewelry, Suzerain bears the markings of someone accustomed to rulership. Her accoutrements are tailored, perhaps even tempered, by an obvious life of adventuring; her clothes are easy to move in, and even her jewelry choices prove that she is a practical adventuring noble.
Personality: Who can sum up a personality in simple terms? For most, Suzerain Von Schild is a confident woman with a strong backbone and an obvious will to accomplish her goals. She presents as a noble sort with a bit of a soft side for the downtrodden and suffering. However, she is also ruthlessly aggressive when things break down into violence, wielding highly dangerous magics to annihilate her enemies as quickly and effectively as possible.
This dichotomy could be seen as something two-faced, especially if one knew of her Yuan-ti origins. In truth, though, she's both a lover and a destroyer. Raised to care about others who may eventually fall under her domain, as well as trained to focus her latent magical powers into a sword for which to protect them.
Background: Noble (Baroness)
Trait 1:Flattery: Suzerain uses flattery and compliments to make people feel like they're important.
Trait 2:Fashions: The Baroness changes her style with the trends, so long as they're not impractical for adventuring.
Ideal: Independence: Suzerain loves her family and the care they put into raising her, but they are overprotective sometimes and her adventuring career is a long-standing source of stress for her father. She still keeps to it, in order to obtain the strength she feels she'll need to be worthy of her family's position.
Bond: Suzerain's family is incredibly important to her, for many reasons, and she will do anything to come to their aid if it be needed.
Flaw: Scandal: The Baroness has a deep secret about her origins that could wreck the family's reputation should it become public knowledge.
Character History: Armine and Sulia Von Schild had 3 children. The first 2 were boys, and would be raised to be fine nobles. However, tragedy struck during the 3rd pregnancy. Sulia was weakened by illness and had a particularly difficult pregnancy. To great dismay and grief, the only daughter, Suzerain, died shortly after birth. Sulia was unconscious at the time and did not know of what transpired. She was kept away from the world for days while she recovered. The house had been sworn to secrecy; for both the father and mother's sake. No one would know that the Baroness' daughter had passed. At least, not yet.
During this time, Armine was approached by a contact from a far away land, a Yuan-ti envoy whom he had dealt with on numerous occasions. They had heard some of the rumors about the lack of celebrations of the 3rd child and magically investigated, discovering the truth. While incensed at the invasion of privacy, the offer that the envoy made changed his mood considerably. The Yuan-ti had a child of their own, who had become parentless due to infighting among their kind. At the same age, gender, and even general appearance, this girl could be the daughter he had lost.
Perhaps grief, perhaps a fear of losing his wife in her weakened state due to the shock, Armine agreed. The child was swiftly replaced, and the lost baby was given a quiet, secret burial in the family tomb.
As for her reptilian characteristics, it was far less of a scandal to admit that Armine's grandmother had a 'relationship' with a now-dead green dragon that had once occupied the region. In reality, the child's family had been a strong lineage of dragon-sorcerers. In the end, only Armine and his daughter really knew the truth.
Since her arrival, Suzerain had been raised with little to want for and with every stop pulled out for her life. Showered with love and care, she eventually realized that there would be no chance of her repaying the investment in her that her foster parents spent if she simply remained in the family. Even marrying off would not be enough. So, she turned to using her own magic to adventure. Spending a few years out in the world had been good for her, and with it came new contacts, new friends, and a team she could rely on.
Character SheetBaroness Suzerain Von Schild
Female Yuan-Ti Pureblood Sorcerer 10
Medium , neutral good

--------------------
Armor Class 16
Hit Points 52 (10d6+10)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 8 (-1), DEX 14 (+2), CON 10 (+0), INT 14 (+2), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 20 (+5)
--------------------
Feats Fey Touched
Saving Throws Con +5, Cha +10
Skills Arcana +6, History +6, Insight +5, Persuasion +9
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 11
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Draconic, Elvish
--------------------
Magic Resistance. You have advantage on saving throws against spells and other magical effects.
--------------------
Actions
--------------------
Quarterstaff. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d6-1 bludgeoning damage or 1d8-1 bludgeoning damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.
Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1 bludgeoning damage.
--------------------
Equipment Quarterstaff, backpack, bedroll, broom of flying, cloak of protection, component pouch, mess kit, pearl of power, rations (10), ring of spell storing, rope, hempen (50 feet), tinderbox, torch (10), waterskin, 500 pp
--------------------
Spells Known
--------------------
Cantrip: Blade Ward, Fire Bolt, Mage Hand, Mold Earth, Silent Image, True Strike
First: Detect Magic, Disguise Self, Ray of Sickness
Second: Invisibility, Scorching Ray
Third: Minute Meteors, Slow
Fourth: Sickening Radiance, Vitriolic Sphere
Fifth: Enervation, Teleportation Circle
Natural-gained Spells: Animal Friendship, Poison Spray, Hex, Misty Step, Suggestion

Last edited by Runetide; May 23rd, 2021 at 02:45 AM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
So... mounts. There's a lot left unsaid in the mount rules. Most relevant to this process, where in relation to the mount's space, is a medium creature? and how does that affect lance use with Cavalier Fighter abilities that require the target to be within 5 feet of the Cavalier (the advertised mounted knight)? or just lance use in general considering you have disadvantage wielding a lance against enemies within 5 feet...?

Last edited by dr kekyll; May 19th, 2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old May 19th, 2021, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr kekyll View Post
So... mounts. There's a lot left unsaid in the mount rules. Most relevant to this process, where in relation to the mount's space, is a medium creature? and how does that affect lance use with Cavalier Fighter abilities that require the target to be within 5 feet of the Cavalier (the advertised mounted knight)? or just lance use in general considering you have disadvantage wielding a lance against enemies within 5 feet...?
I can tell you that there's only three times in this Loooooooooooooong campaign that mounted combat will even be an option. Two of those three times are negated if the party stays on a road. And the 3rd time would only be common beasties found out on the plains, and this is the only one where it specifically says the Party gets mounts/horses before continuing.
That said, on all of these occasions, it says "DM Option" to roll for an encounter. My option would be to not roll for an encounter if the party is mounted, so no mounted combat.