Notices

Old May 20th, 2021, 12:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
@Drachenspirit
Do we pick the starting three uncommon items and one rare item, or are they determined at random by you?
Old May 20th, 2021, 12:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18840
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeywild View Post
@Drachenspirit
Do we pick the starting three uncommon items and one rare item, or are they determined at random by you?
Starting equipment that is listed - to include magical items - are chosen by you, the player.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; May 20th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.
Old May 20th, 2021, 02:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
@Drachenspirit
Anwen Pembroke's application is complete.
Old May 20th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 325
A7ice A7ice A7ice A7ice
I withdrawn Aelhira submission, the game has restrictions in alignment that are a deal breaker for me

That said, I hope you'll have great fun guys!
Old May 20th, 2021, 03:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5165
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Hey Drachenspirit,

This looks like it's going to be a fun game! I thought I'd write up an application, which is mostly finished- just need to finalize purchases (I'm sort of at a loss what I'm going to spend all that gold on, which is something I never thought I'd complain about !).

Quick question, accoring to the DM's Guide it is possible to learn a new tool proficiency by spending 250 days and 250 gold. Would you mind if I spent those 250 gp on learning the Jeweler's Tools proficiency? It's not much of an in-game benefit, but I feel it fits my character (who grew up in an underground mine), so I thought I'd ask if you'd be ok with it. Done, thank you!

Also I am currently working with Numen Wraith to collaborate on our backstory, so that part of the history isn't complete yet.

Regardless, thank you for considering my application. Any and all feedback is welcome!

Application
right-aligned image
  • Name: Ibrai Siofin
  • Race: Variant Human
  • Class: Warlock (Genie (Dao) pact)
  • Background:
    • Personality trait: I will not eat meat from an animal which produces milk, eggs or the like (because that would be wasteful!)
    • Personality trait: I detest those who think themselves the betters of others.
    • Ideal:Adventure. I'm far from home, and everything is strange and wonderful! (Chaotic)
    • Bond: I was once a slave of the Dao who is now my patron- I had to struggle to be given a measure of freedom, and will not see it taken away from me again.
    • Flaw:I have a weakness for the new intoxicants and other pleasures of this land.
    Far traveler
  • Alignment: CG

Description: A tall, olive-skinned man with a jovial smile hidden underneath his impressive, greying beard. Ibrai's dark, sparkling eyes peer out into the world with eager curiosity, and his easygoing manners effortlessly puts most people at ease. His physique is somewhat rotund, as a result of indulging in all the finest delicacies Faerun has to offer- yet this slight overweight only highlights Ibrai's pleasant, agreeable nature.

Hailing from far-off Zakhara, Ibrai still clings to the traditional costume of that far-off land, even after a decade of roaming Faerun. An off-white turban sits upon his head, a single red and black feather sticking out to the side. He prefers long, flowing robes of silk and cashmere, which fit even his bulk comfortably. These vestment are often coloured in bright reds and yellows, contrasted by soothing blues and whites. Ostentatious jewelry adorns his figure- golden necklaces and belt buckles, sporting small gems and strange runes. These he keeps wisely hidden beneath a concealing blue cloak when travelling in less than scrupulous company.

Personality: Ibrai is a kindly, jovial figure, who endeavours to make friends of all those he meets. Boisterous and animated, it is a cold heart indeed which can resist the Zhakara warlock's charm. Ibrai's penchant for winning others for him, however, stems from a dark past- a childhood spent in slavery, indentured to the mighty Dao, Ukkirad the Spectacular. From an early age Ibrai learned that it was best to avoid making enemies- among his fellow slaves, and especially among his masters. Life for a slave, after all, was hard enough without earning the enmity of others.

At times, a nervous anxiety breaks through Ibrai's cheerful mask- usually rising to the surface when his responsibilities to Ukkirad are endangered. While the talented, cunning warlock usually has little trouble earning tribute for his patron, the Dao is a cruel master who brooks no delays in claiming his due. While Ibrai normally manages to suppress the fear of disappointing his master, sometimes the stress of working for the demanding genie will have him on edge.

Having experienced the hardships of a life subjected to the whims of a cruel master, Ibrai's warm smile quickly turns cold when he encounters those who would mistreat their servants. In such instances, the Zakharan is quick to anger, and happy to seek vengeance on behalf of the downtrodden. While he himself is a servant of the Dao, he accepts no other master- he has fought hard to claim a measure of freedom, and will not surrender his autonomy to please the whims of would-be tyrants.

Character History: Hailing from distant Zakhara in the south, Ibrai was born a slave in the mines of the might Dao, Ukkirad the Spectacular. There he was forced to perform hard labour, carving endless tunnels to dig up nuggets of gold and rare gems for his greedy master. As he grew up, Ibrai proved his worth to the overseers, and was eventually allowed to work at a gemcutter's station, fashioning rough gemstones into beautiful works of art, for his master to admire. Eventually he caught the genie's eye, and through a combination of skill, charm, and a great deal of luck, was offered a deal. Ibrai was granted command of great magical powers by his Dao master, and would be sent out into the world, allowed to remain there as long as he periodically offered up treasure to his master.

To this end, Ibrai was given a magic miner's lantern, which would act as a vessel and safe haven for the freshly empowered warlock. In addition, the lantern would serve to funnel gold, gems and other treasures directly into the Dao's treasure chambers. Thus equipped, Ibrai set out into the world, freed from the direct control of his master- though a spectre of the Dao's influence dogged the warlock's every step.

Ibrai left behind the country of his birth and travelled north, amazed at the unfamiliar sights. The people he met were strange to them, and their customers stranger, yet the Zakharan warlock marvelled at the myriad of experiences offered along his path. Eventually, he came upon a small mining town, Glister, having heard rumours of a newfound vein of emeralds. These, the warlock felt, might prove worthy tribute for his master- and perhaps he could learn a thing or two about gemcutting from those who had worked with such things for most of their lives.

In Glister, the warlock found that all was not well. Constant raids by tribes of orcs, ogres and worse threathened the mining community. Amid their number, Ibrai found a priest of Ilmater named Drystan. The priest, while distrustful at first, was a kind-hearted man who pitied the miners' fate, and sought to improve their lot in life. When the orcish tribed attacked, he had taken up weapons against them, fighting at the forefront of battle against the savage raiders. Impressed by this pious warrior, Ibrai worked hard to gain the man's trust, lending his magic to the defense of Glister.

For almost a full year, cleric and warlock remained in Glister, protecting its people while Ibrai was taught the gemcutter's craft by local experts. Eventually, the savages of the cold north withdrew, most likely in search of easier prey elsewhere. After ensuring the town recovered from its ordeal, Drystam and Ibrai decided to leave together, in search of others who might need their help. In the months following their departure, the pair came across a wandering band of adventurers and decided to join their group. To this group of heroes he lent his warm smile, his cunning intellect and his prodigial magic. Together they performed mighty deeds, protecting those who could not protect themselves, and vanquishing the terrible foes who threathened the innocent. It was a lucrative existence, and Ibrai dutifully offered part of his treasure up to Ukkirad, as per the terms of his contract. Then, the plan was made to visit Cormyr, in search of new adventures...

Last edited by DemonSlayer; May 26th, 2021 at 04:49 PM. Reason: fixed tags
Old May 20th, 2021, 04:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3682
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
I've never made a lv 10 pc.is there a guide to that. when do stats increase from starting point. when do you get extra specialization and proficiencys. do you get special weapons or just normal starter weapons?
Just look at your player's handbook. The ability stats increases at 4th & 8th level for all classes. The Exps you start with, it will show +4 proficiency for your character. For your class, it'll show you all the abilities you get as you increase in level. Pretty easy, the book will give you step by step. As for starter weapons, you get what your class starts with, then if you want special weapons, you look at the DM guide and pick what you are able to have.
Old May 20th, 2021, 06:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
I think my app's complete. Let me know if there's something I'm missing or glaring flaws in my build!
Can I get a link to your character Sheet?
Thanks.
Old May 20th, 2021, 06:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer View Post
Quick question, according to the DM's Guide it is possible to learn a new tool proficiency by spending 250 days and 250 gold. Would you mind if I spent those 250 gp on learning the Jeweler's Tools proficiency? It's not much of an in-game benefit, but I feel it fits my character (who grew up in an underground mine), so I thought I'd ask if you'd be ok with it.
I am fine with that, but... include a short paragraph in your character's history about when this happened and how. (Worked for a Jeweler for all this time as his/her bodyguard? Adventured with a trained jeweler for this time or longer?)
Old May 20th, 2021, 06:46 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5703
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Can I get a link to your character Sheet?
Thanks.
Oh! I didn't fill out a character sheet thing on the site. My apologies. I had put the stat block in the application, but I'll get to filling the character sheet out soon as I can. Here it is!

I don't really know what to do with my money, to be honest. I couldn't find any prices for magic items and regular gear is pretty cheap comparatively. What should I be spending it on?

Last edited by Runetide; May 20th, 2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old May 20th, 2021, 09:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
I spent mine on what I think my character would use. I spent a total of 3,886gps. Spyglass is 1,000gps and putting adamantine on my weapons costs 500gps each. Also spent alot on healing potions. 1,000gps for 20 potions.
Old May 20th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
my app for Zion is done, hope it's all that you needed.
Old May 20th, 2021, 09:38 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6778
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
DemonSlayer spent gold and backstory space on training up in a tool proficiency. Check that out if you really have a problem finding a place to spend your gold.
Old May 20th, 2021, 09:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1237
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
@DM- are you handling any variants to Armor material. I.E bone, scales, wood or other? Example medium armors of bone.
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:07 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10816
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
I spent mine on what I think my character would use. I spent a total of 3,886gps. Spyglass is 1,000gps and putting adamantine on my weapons costs 500gps each. Also spent alot on healing potions. 1,000gps for 20 potions.
I donít feel that adamantine weapons are worth the cost, they auto-crit objects but have no extra effect on creatures (other than gargoyles and golems, where they can bypass damage resistance). How many objects do you expect to get angry with? :-)
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:40 AM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
Application
left-aligned image
right-aligned image

Character Name: Sir Eadric Lancaster
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter (Cavalier) 4/Paladin (Oath of the Crown) 6
Alignment: Lawful Good
Character Sheet:

Description: Eadric's short brown hair is swept back exposing his mature hairline. His short, neatly-trimmed beard is beginning to gray a bit around his chin, but his kind eyes still shine as brightly as they did in his youth.
Personality: He is a noble-hearted knight of the crown whose father was dishonored. He's been on a quest to redeem the family name and feels a mixture of excitement and anxiety at the prospect of returning home.

Background: Noble (Knight)
  • Trait 1: The common folk love me for my kindness and generosity.
  • Trait 2: Despite my noble birth, I do not place myself above other folk. We all have the same blood.
  • Ideal: Respect. Respect is due to me because of my position, but all people regardless of station deserve to be treated with dignity.
  • Bond: My family is shamed, and I would do anything to restore our honor.
  • Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

Character History:

(Magic) Items: Uncommon: +1 Weapon (Longsword), Adamantine Armor (Full Plate), Sentinel Shield; Rare: Amulet of Health

Last edited by dr kekyll; Jun 9th, 2021 at 09:18 AM. Reason: just saving some concept changes for later reuse