RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 21st, 2021, 01:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3682
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
I dont feel that adamantine weapons are worth the cost, they auto-crit objects but have no extra effect on creatures (other than gargoyles and golems, where they can bypass damage resistance). How many objects do you expect to get angry with? :-)
Well, I have magic weapon that will work fine. I also have a non magical weapon, a war hammer that is adamantine just in case we need to break down a door, a wall or what have you. Then a dagger is adamntine, because you just never know.
Old May 21st, 2021, 02:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10816
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
When you’ve got money to burn “just in case” makes perfect sense. :-)

I’ve ended up buying two warhorses, two riding horses, a mule, bridles and saddles for them, a tent, a spyglass just because. All this even though Drach said much of the campaign will be in cities, etc. So, yeah, adamantine weapons makes more sense than most of that. :-)
Old May 21st, 2021, 02:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
LOL, I got a spyglass too. You just never know.
Old May 21st, 2021, 03:48 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 296
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jun 1st, 2021 at 05:08 PM. Reason: ...
Old May 21st, 2021, 11:12 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5165
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
I bought a carriage and two horses to draw it. I have a class feature that allows me to hide inside a lantern for eight hours and let you guys carry me around, but I decided I needed a horse-drawn carriage.

@Drachenspirit: Thank you for allowing the proficiency training! I added it to my character sheet and wrote it into my background. Also Numen suggested we'd work together on our application, which is why you'll see his name pop up in my character's history. Still finalizing things, though!

Also I switched out some spells known and an invocation. Level ten gives you a lot of abilities, and I needed to double-check in case things overlapped. For example, there's not much point in me taking an invocation that lets me levitate, if I have a class feature which lets me fly .

Last edited by DemonSlayer; May 21st, 2021 at 11:13 AM.
Old May 21st, 2021, 11:24 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sir Goswin Prendergast - Cavalier
right-aligned image
Goswin Prendergast
Character Name: Sir Goswin Prendergast
Race: Human (variant)
Class: Fighter - Cavalier
Description: How you would describe Sir Goswin depends on when it is that you meet him. If he is working and wearing his full armor he is a hulking metallic juggernaut with a snow-white tabard, who will most likely be Most would describe it as "shouting".singing loudly and joyfully as he thrusts his great pike into the faces of his foes.

The rest of the time the first thing people will usually notice is his warm and infectious smile, quickly followed by his wavy black hair and his chiseled good looks. His clothing is always immaculately presented and fit for whatever task he is undertaking, whether that be entertaining a noble, trekking through a dense forest, or lopping heads off of a tribe of orcs.

Personality: Sir Goswin is irredeemably positive, and he can't understand people who are not. He will try to talk sense into them at any opportunity. He believes in living life as though it is a game, because how else would you describe it? He drinks, he sings, he gambles, he chats with everyone he meets. He will delight equally in beholding a beautiful sunset, an early-spring bloom, or an unusually attractive maiden. He is well-mannered and courteous, and expects the same of others, although he is also quick to forgive people their transgressions.

All-in-all he's a genial and likable chap, although he has made peace with the fact that some people find him a little bit annoying. He's sure they'll come around eventually, anyway.
BackgroundBackground: Knight
Trait 1: I am not one to complain. Ever.
Trait 2: When I see somebody looking glum I go out of my way to cheer them up, even if they don't want me to.
Ideal: Honour. The code of chivalry is the finest guide to good living ever conceived.
Bond: I must prove myself worthy of becoming a member of the Everwatch Knights.
Flaw: I always think the best of people, even when they might not warrant it.
Character History: It had truly been a grand adventure! Sir Goswin had travelled far from his home, righting wrongs, making friends, and putting evildoers in their place (that place being, the ground). But the best part? It wasn't over yet!

Born the heir to the barony of Ithal Pass, which had long been a bastion in the east of Tethyr, young Goswin was taught in a martial tradition from the moment he could walk. He drank in the tales of great heroes and took to heart the lessons of courage and chivalry, aspiring to one day be esteemed as a member of the Everwatch Knights, whose mission it was to protect the worthy and the good.

In order to prove himself worthy he, along with a small entourage, set off into the world to make a name for himself. He slayed many monsters, battled the forces of evil, and One of the other PCseventually met someone who seemed worthy of his protection.
The EntourageThe Squire - Terese Mordelet
Terese would have liked nothing more than to be a lady, ensconced in a castle, seeing to the provisions, perhaps dabbling in some crochet or sponsoring a play or two. She would have been adequately frugal in most respects, but would occasionally have splurged on an exotic dress or a particularly fine piece of jewelry. Unfortunately, as the second daughter of Baron Grint Mordelet of Kzelter, and since he had not begotten any sons, Terese had been forced to follow tradition and become a knight. She abhorred trudging through the countryside, hated having to cut her hair short to fit in a helm and absolutely loathed the idea of having to kill. Her father had recently appealed to Goswin to take her on as his squire in the hope that some of Sir Goswin's positive outlook might just rub off on her.

The Armorer - Elbig Marblesunder
Elbig is an able smith, so it seems remarkable that he has chosen to spend his time following Sir Goswin around and buffing out scrapes or hammering dents, rather than at a forge where he could create fine armor of his own. The dwarf will scoff at the idea, though, saying "ach, plenty of time for that kinda thing. It's good ta see the armor in everyday use; let's ye know what's important."

The Attendant - Thessalia Adlamin
Thessalia has been attending to the Prendergasts for nearly two hundred years, ever since she was a young maiden. She has brought generations of the family into the world and watched them grow old and die, so she is as much a part of the family as anyone. She has chosen to follow Gos (as she calls him) because she knows that without her he would fall apart in no time. He would never have clean underwear, he would be eating random toadstools and drinking pondwater, and he would undoubtedly promise his hand to the first bountiful maiden that looks his way.

Last edited by Lazer; May 24th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.
Old May 21st, 2021, 12:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18840
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
ok well this with all the rare magic and buying with gold that I have no clue where or what guess this game is way out of my league. to bad I had spent all night working on a ch... could have done my share art post way sooner. enjoy the game ...Ill wait till I have a ch that makes it that far.
When I first jumped into 5E, straight from 2E, I was a little overwhelmed at first, especially with any character over level one I needed to create and didn't advance in a game.
I've found it's quite easy really, and moving up from some levels to the next may just be a bump up in HPs.
If you still want to submit something, put up a character what whatever level you're comfortable advancing them to, and I'll see the ways it can from from there. I'll give you options to make it to level 10. Of course, it's a whole lot easier if you go single class if you're just starting out.
Old May 21st, 2021, 12:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazer View Post
How much would it cost to buyAn efficient quiver (aka Quiver of Ehlonna)
Potion of Healing (Supreme, if possible)
Potion of Heroism
potion of superior healing - 787 gp
Quiver of Eholnna - 1750 gp
Potion of Heroism - 525 gp
Old May 21st, 2021, 12:50 PM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
idk if maybe you missed him, but I noticed Eadric isn't on the list.
Old May 21st, 2021, 01:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
potion of superior healing - 787 gp
Quiver of Eholnna - 1750 gp
Potion of Heroism - 525 gp
You peeked!

But on another note, nice! I can afford all of them, even if I roll a 1!
Old May 21st, 2021, 02:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4338
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posting interest. Will have a character up soon.
Old May 21st, 2021, 02:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr kekyll View Post
idk if maybe you missed him, but I noticed Eadric isn't on the list.
I just checked a Eadric is on the list.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; May 21st, 2021 at 02:15 PM.
Old May 21st, 2021, 02:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5012
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
So, Im about half done with my character write up, but Im waiting, hoping that tonight well find out what kind of creature shes getting reincarnated as. Could be next week though.
Old May 21st, 2021, 05:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
ok well this with all the rare magic and buying with gold that I have no clue where or what guess this game is way out of my league. to bad I had spent all night working on a ch... could have done my share art post way sooner. enjoy the game ...Ill wait till I have a ch that makes it that far.
Yeah, it's a lot different than other versions, but if you have the DM Guide and/or the Xanther's Guide to Everything, just look where the magical items are and there will be a list. Then see what you want. If they are the uncommon items or rare items, then you are allowed to get that.
Old May 21st, 2021, 05:20 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5703
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
@Drachenspirit: I did the thing, did you have any insights to share about my character? I don't know what to do about cash, but otherwise everything is done.