RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 21st, 2021, 05:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3682
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Under my completed app for Zion, I have requested costs for 3 magical items. Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2021, 12:26 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1287
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application=Complete
right-aligned image

Name: Auberon Leafweave
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Druid - Land (Grass)
Background: Hermit

Trait 1- I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplation, becoming oblivious to my surroundings.

Trait 2 - There is a solution to every problem, we just need to look for it.

Idea - Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit. (Good)

Bond - I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.

Flaw - I'd risk too much to uncover a lost bit of knowledge.

Back story:
A warrior veteran turned retiree after only a short career in the great elf legion.
He was not a lowsy soldier or a poor student, It was though that Auberon found the strife of war and duty to much for his gentle soul. It was with heavy heart he dismissed himself and left to find peace within and turned to a life of solitude. There he found his connection with the wild and harnessed it.

He now lives on a secluded acerage deep within the woods, out of sight. There he has spent his life offering kinship to other travelling men of the woods. He offers aid and medical attention to those who needed it, Both humanoid and beast alike. He trades and barters from time to time when travellers cross his path. More so though he is self dependant with a high skill of survivability. Here he harvests crops, hunts to better manage conservation in his region, fishes from the local water sheds and even cares for a host of bees to produce himself honey.

It is here in isolation though where duty calls his name again. Five of the surrounding villages and communities all relying on the forest walker for protection. Wether it is vanquishing vile beasts or purifying their drinking water, the forest walker provides.
With his powers grand, Auberon has taken on the mantle of guardian whole heartedly, and by doing so has ascended to powers he never thought possible.

Appearance:
Braided and loose brown hair combined, left messy and long. His face brandishes the same type of goatie.
He has Hazel eyes which almost seem to swirl with a dull shade of yellow. He is slender, but with broad supportive shoulders.
He dons bark and hide armor, fastenned by more of the same material with additions of carapace shell work throughout. He walks with an impeccably straight staff of magnificent craftsmanship in one hand and in the other a Carved trunk of a shield resting on his fore arm. A true manifestation of one with nature.

Personality:
Auberon is very positive but in a calm, quiet and jovial way. He is humble and reassuring to others, offering support, aid, and knowledge. He is a spiritual and soulful being, rooted deeply to the nature around him.
He knows himself to be a protector and to use his abilities for good as they have manifested to great strength within him. He appreciates and respects those powers, often murmuring thanks in quiet prayers.
You can often find him side tracked, off path and communicating with creatures, insects and plants.

Magic

Last edited by Jrod; May 25th, 2021 at 04:12 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 12:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5012
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
So, Im about half done with my character write up, but Im waiting, hoping that tonight well find out what kind of creature shes getting reincarnated as. Could be next week though.
Alright so um, the fateful roll didn't occur tonight, and the game's actually going on hiatus for a bit, so I went and made it in another thread so I could proceed with getting the character ready. Anyway, I ended up with... Drow. Quite interesting, as she was previously a high elf who hated Drow. That's gotta be a piece of humble pie for her.

I was wondering for my character sheet... reincarnation says that I get the racial traits of the new race, which makes perfect sense for some things like ability score increases and other things dependent upon the body (like darkvision, sunlight sensitivity). But what about elven weapon training? Cantrips? Extra language? Does getting reincarnated mean she forgets her high elf cantrip but suddenly learns dancing lights, faerie fire and darkness (Drow magic)?
Old May 22nd, 2021, 01:14 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 296
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
playing my Dragonborn Samurai for the first time in solo.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jun 1st, 2021 at 04:59 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 02:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Sorry for the confusion. Do you have the DM guide?
Old May 22nd, 2021, 03:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10816
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Levelling a Champion Fighter should be pretty straightforward, just using the table on page 73 of the PHB along with the features described under generic Fighter and under Champion. By level 10 he will have a +4 proficiency bonus and (if you’re taking average HP) 64 + <ten times his CON modifier> HP.

Fighters get; a Fighting Style (choose from Archery, Defense, Dueling, Great Weapon Fighting, Protection or Two-weapon Fighting), Second Wind, Action Surge, Extra Attack and Indomitable.

Champions get; Improved Critical, Remarkable Athlete, and an Additional Fighting Style (choose another from the list above).

You also get three Ability Score Improvements, each of which allow you to increase Ability Scores by two points (can be split over more than one Ability Score). Try to keep your scores even numbers.

Also, for choosing magic items I find this site very helpful.

Last edited by Lazer; May 22nd, 2021 at 03:50 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 04:29 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 347
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
I'm still relatively new to this site but have been playing for about 5 years with the same group, I really enjoy playing and would like yet another opportunity to do so, so if this is still open, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring.

Application
Character Name: Kasimar Ventrillox
Race: Tiefling
Class: Warlock
Description: Kas likes his colors. With his deep crimson skin and ebony horns curling backward on his skull, he always felt like the stereotypical tiefling. He often wears varying armors that had been dyed blue, purple... in one questionable case, bright orange. He is certainly fashion-forward... but his idea of fashion may not be everyones. While he tries to keep it practical, the one thing he swore he'd never do was wear all black... too many people do that already, and he's here to add a splash of color and life to any party.
Personality: Warm and caring, Kas often defaults to a dad or big brother of his friends. He, too often, has a joke or a quip on his tongue and is quick to help others. Friendly and personable, he wants to make sure everyone else is having as much fun as he is.
Background: Sailor
Trait 1: My friends know they can rely on me, no matter what!
Trait 2: I enjoy traveling to new places and making new friends over a flagon of ale
Ideal: Freedom. The sea may be freedom, but freedom to go anywhere and do anything is our right (chaotic)
Bond: The crew is my family. I would do anything for them.
Flaw: I am a bit of a hoarder, I can't help but pocket foreign coins and other trinkets I come across. I love my souvenirs.

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=88504

Character History: Most warlocks can be seen as edgy and dark... not Kasimar. He's kind-hearted and bubbly, full of light and mirth. His powers, however... he's not sure where he got them, but his story could shed some light.

His mother was a human, and she admitted to having a fling with what she had assumed was a tiefling, but was in fact a demon. A demon who was infatuated by the beauty of the prime material plane. And he found he couldn't resist the charm of some of its denizens either. There was no force involved, but one of mutual infatuation between a human and a demon named Yerek, posing as a tiefling. The union creating the child that would be Kasimar.

His birth was a difficult one, but his mother managed to survive, and showered him with love all his days. Kas was always enamored by the stories of daring and heroics of many a legendary hero. He wanted to be just like them one day. So despite his blood, and with his mother's undying support, he joined up with a merchant's caravan, hiring guards. He was found to be annoying by the more dark and brooding of the mercenaries that were hired alongside him.

They got into a few scrapes along the way, but during one such encounter against a bugbear and several goblins, Kas was separated from the party. Wounded and trying to regroup, he found himself being hunted by the goblins. Kas was never much of a fighter, so he felt as if he was doomed... that was until flames cleansed the goblins, and an older tiefling appeared before him. He claimed to be a being of great power, and told him that if he were to give Kas his name, he'd have too much power over him... so instead, he offered him a book, and told him to get stronger. If he wanted to be an adventurer, he'd be a great one... but only through study... and with that, the creature was gone.

Kas returned to the party, and assisted in getting them to their destination... he was hesitant to pull out the book, but its dark energies called to him, and eventually, he pulled it out and began reading. It told him a many great and powerful thing, and it called to his infernal blood. The secrets within gave him great and terrible powers... but he vowed to use it to help people... he'd still be one of those heroes he had read about.

Meanwhile, his patron... his father... watched on, proud that his son saw in the world the same thing he saw. The beauty and majesty of the world... yes, Yerek didn't want to destroy it, but maybe one day, he'd rule it... with his son by his side...

For a time, Kas found work on a cargo ship as security, his newfound magicks aiding them in any problems that could arise at sea. The best part about this was that he got to see the world! He made friends wherever he went, so excited to be having his own adventures at last. It was in his travels he met several other like-minded individuals. Fellow adventurers who had their own wants and desires, goals that drove them forward. When it was time for his ship to sail again, he stayed ashore. The sea was something he loved immensely, but something told him that his new friends would need him even more, one day... and frankly, his mysterious benefactor had been pushing for him to find a new family. People who appreciated him for himself, and not just what he could do for them...
Old May 22nd, 2021, 06:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7006
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
Ok, wrote up the backstory and stuff. I just need to put together a character sheet and I believe Aorio is done

Last edited by Arachobia; May 22nd, 2021 at 06:59 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 07:10 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 296
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jun 1st, 2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 05:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18890
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Requested cost for magical items: Bag of Holding, Potion of Healing 4d4+4, and Quiver of Ehlonna
Results - Bag of Holding - 2500 gp, Potion of greater healing - 181 GP, and Quiver of Ehlonna - 1,210 GP
Old May 22nd, 2021, 05:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Sorry for the confusion. Do you have the DM guide?
Yes, I have the DM Guide.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 05:46 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
Alright so um, the fateful roll didn't occur tonight, and the game's actually going on hiatus for a bit, so I went and made it in another thread so I could proceed with getting the character ready. Anyway, I ended up with... Drow. Quite interesting, as she was previously a high elf who hated Drow. That's gotta be a piece of humble pie for her.

I was wondering for my character sheet... reincarnation says that I get the racial traits of the new race, which makes perfect sense for some things like ability score increases and other things dependent upon the body (like darkvision, sunlight sensitivity). But what about elven weapon training? Cantrips? Extra language? Does getting reincarnated mean she forgets her high elf cantrip but suddenly learns dancing lights, faerie fire and darkness (Drow magic)?
I'd have to read up on the whole Reincarnation thing, so I can't answer your questions right now as I'm in the midst of a family weekend (my daughter HS graduation). It does occur to me that if you're treating this like a new character, then it will get everything Drow and nothing from what was Elf before. But... that's without reading anything on reincarnation.
Old May 22nd, 2021, 06:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
@Drachenspirit: I did the thing, did you have any insights to share about my character? I don't know what to do about cash, but otherwise everything is done.
You can share the below "insights" that are in a secret tag when you reply if you like.

Old May 22nd, 2021, 08:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Yes, I have the DM Guide.
Sorry, I was asking BlackDragonO
Old May 22nd, 2021, 11:02 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6778
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Sorry, I was asking BlackDragonO
Stop confusing everyone.