RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 25th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18840
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Everyone - I have just updated the First post with the announcement of the Deadline.
Deadline to have all applications completed is Thursday, May 27th, CST. If yours is tagged with WIP and you need more time for some reason, send me a PM.
-D
Old May 25th, 2021, 04:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1833
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
application
Character Name: Fry Tucker
Race: Half Elf
Class: Divine Soul 5/Hexblade 5
Background:
  • Trait 1: Nothing can rattle my positive attitude. I see portents in all things.
  • Trait 2: The gods attempt to communicate to us, we just need to pay attention.
  • Ideal: Charity: I always attempt to assist those in need, regardless of the personal cost. (Good)
  • Bond: Everything I do is for those less fortunate.
  • Flaw: I hold others to a high standard, and myself even higher.

Description:
Tucker is an unassuming half-elf dressed in well-worn clothes and only carries a shield (although he does wear a breastplate under his clothes). Oddly, he does not carry a weapon. Although his brown hair is short, it is kind of on the messy side, as if he just woke up. Despite his disheveled appearance, his emerald green eyes twinkle and he always seems to be in a good mood. Another odd thing about Tucker is that he has a pet owl that follows him everywhere who he named Robin.

Personality:
With a happy disposition, Tucker is always smiling and friendly towards others. He wears his heart on his sleeve and would be willing to give the shirt off his back to someone in need. He sees signs from above where ever he goes and that reassures him he is on the right path. Tucker is Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Character History:
Tucker grew up in a small poor village, but was loved by his parents and that made all the difference in the world. He grew up happy and content and feeling blessed. Dedicating himself to the church, the young half-elf became an acolyte and worked hard at his studies, dreaming of becoming a cleric and traveling around the forgotten realms helping other people.

Tucker worked hard at his studies, but it soon became obvious to his teachers that his was gifted as a divine soul. Although it is a little disappointing not to be accepted to train as a cleric, his new teachers helped him see his true gifts and how they could be used to help others. He maintained a positive attitude, becoming a shining example for others to work hard with the gifts you have been given. He was both excited and nervous when he was commissioned to go out into the world, but looking back, he could see all the signs that led him to that point.

Going out into the world was both a rewarding experience as well as a rude awakening to what evils truly roamed the lands. For better or worse, he made a pact with a hexblade that once belonged to a cleric of old. With his new found power, he feels even more supported in his efforts to help other people. Because he so often gives to others what he has, his own gear and equipment often suffers. But he always seems to have what he needs, and therefore is content with what he has.

During his travels, he was given a stone of good luck from a village where he healed their children from an outbreak of a disease that targeted the young. He was given a Mithral Breastplate from a dwarven mining camp after helping rescue and heal several miners trapped in a cave in. He was given an enchanted shield from a very thankful armor smith after saving his daughter after being ran over by an escaped criminal. (He also helped recapture the escaped criminal as well.) A group of elves gave him an enchanted cloak for rescuing them from an orc raiding group. But his most memorable possession is his magical rod that he keeps attached to his shield. That one he took from an evil warlock after defeating him in battle. The only item of value he bought was his enchanted bag, which he got a discount after healing a traveling merchant's mule that had been hurt after a bandit attack. But even that Tucker considers a sign that he was where he needed to be when he was needed to be there. Everything he owns he considers a gift from above.

When approaching Cormyr, he was asked to state his business. Without hesitation, he replied, "I am here to help others, to lend aid where I can, and to battle evil in whatever forms it might take." Although it is the truth, his friends still find it humorous, but he has proven himself capable to handle himself when the time arises.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; May 27th, 2021 at 03:23 PM.
Old May 25th, 2021, 05:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3682
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Well... just about every environment there is.

The Campaign consists of the group doing the following:
  • delving into a few dungeon complexes
  • engaging in Cormyrean politics by attending the festivities of the King which includes dressing up and attending a ball
  • Solving the murder of a well known figure
  • Tracking down some "bad people" through a swamp, and
  • dealing with loose ends from the time of Gondegal "The Lost King" and his rebellion of 1352 DR which takes the group to the Stonelands.
The last one should be interesting for my character since he was there at the time.
Old May 25th, 2021, 09:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4338
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Things to purchase for my character outside of the 4 items:
Alchemy jug (water)
Adamantine Breastplate
10 vials of healing potion 2d4 +2 type.

Last edited by Kshnik; May 25th, 2021 at 09:10 PM.
Old May 25th, 2021, 09:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Tucker the Humble is complete.

I know what I said before, but I had some time to kill while waiting on a test to run.

How much would these rare items cost:
  • Amulet of the Devout
  • Rod of the Pact Keeper (+2)
Old May 25th, 2021, 09:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshnik View Post
Things to purchase for my character outside of the 4 items:
Alchemy jug (water)
Adamantine Breastplate
10 vials of healing potion 2d4 +2 type.
The 2d4+2 Healing potion is in the equipment list in the Players Handbook at 50gps each
Old May 25th, 2021, 09:51 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4338
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Seekr34 thanks.

Dont have the book and thought I read that Drachenspirit would roll for the prices.

My character app is done but I am sure I will tighten it up some before deadline.
Old May 25th, 2021, 10:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Kshnik,

No problem. Drachenspirit does roll for prices for the magical items. Even though the healing potion 2d4+2 is technically an magic item, it's weak, which is probably why it's under the equipment list. A lowly cleric could make it.
Old May 25th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18840
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@Kenjitsu rolls for Magic Item Prices - (Oddly high, but that's random for you)
Amulet of the Devout - 8,031
Rod of the Pact Keeper (+2) - 16,899 GP
@Kshnik rolls for Magic Item Prices -
Alchemy jug (water) - 1,245 GP
Adamantine Breastplate - 925 GP
Old May 25th, 2021, 11:13 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6778
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekr34 View Post
Kshnik,

No problem. Drachenspirit does roll for prices for the magical items. Even though the healing potion 2d4+2 is technically an magic item, it's weak, which is probably why it's under the equipment list. A lowly cleric could make it.
Whom you calling lowly?
Old May 25th, 2021, 11:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
Whom you calling lowly?
He must have been talking about Tucker, the humble healer.
Old May 26th, 2021, 12:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1850
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
Ugh! That will teach me to roll for hit points instead of take the average. 2 bad rolls for d12 barbarian.
Old May 26th, 2021, 03:02 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5165
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
So, cutting it kind of close here, but could you set a price for me for the following items?

- Cloak of protection
- Goggles of Night
- Stone of Good Luck

Thank you!
Old May 26th, 2021, 07:03 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5703
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Speaking of random stuff, Drachenspirit, if I offer up a specific amount of my starting cash, can you random gen some magic stuff that my character could have picked up along the way? (Thinking 4k of her 5k starting cash)

No pressure if you'd rather not. I'm just very inexperienced with 5e and have no idea what I should be getting or avoiding getting, so perhaps '4k in random magic swag' would be for the best.
Old May 26th, 2021, 08:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Price check:

Uncommon Stone of Good Luck
Uncommon Cloak of Protection
Uncommon Shield (+1)
Uncommon Mithral Breastplate
Rare Cloak of Displacement

Last edited by Kenjitsu; May 26th, 2021 at 01:11 PM.