DnD5e Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 26th, 2021, 02:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus

Game NameBaldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeEpic adventure through Avernus, first layer of the Nine Hells
FlavourEpic, Dark, Planes, Published Module
Plot SummaryWelcome to Baldur’s Gate, a city of ambition and corruption situated at the crossroads of the Sword Coast. You’ve just started your adventuring career, but already find yourself embroiled in a plot that sprawls from the shadows of Baldur’s Gate to the front lines of the planes-spanning Blood War! Do you have what it takes to turn infernal war machines and nefarious contracts against the archdevil Zariel and her diabolical hordes? And can you ever hope to find your way home safely when pitted against the infinite evils of the Nine Hells?

Game DetailsNumber of Players: 6
Setting: Forgotten Realms
Starting City: Baldur's Gate
Starting Level: 1
Ending Level: 13
Level Advancement: Milestone
Equipment: Standard starting equipment or purchase with starting gold. If you choose to purchase your equipment, starting wealth is determined by your character class. I will tell you what to roll if you choose this option.
Starting HP: Max at level 1, rolled subsequent levels
Allowed Sources: All published 5e content (Forgotten Realms), Unearthed Arcana at DM's discretion
Pantheon: Non-evil Forgotten Realms deities
Alignment: Evil alignments don't really work well with this campaign module, so please avoid evil character builds. LG, NG, CG, LN, N, and CN are all fine.
Feats: Allowed
Multiclassing: Allowed
Post Rate: This is a long campaign, so I would like each player to have a post rate of 2-3/week
Application Deadline: Friday June 18 at 11 PM EST, subject to change based on interest Due to what seems like high interest given the number of applications so far, the application deadline is now Wednesday June 9 at 11 PM EST Applications are now closed!

Once the party is selected, you may either roll for stats, use the standard array, or use 27 point buy. If you choose to roll for stats, roll 4d6 and keep the highest 3. Do this 6 times to get your array, then assign each roll in your array to an ability. Only roll for stats once, please. If you aren't satisfied with your array, you are free to use the standard array or 27 point buy method so that no one ends up significantly underpowered. Rolling for stats will be done in the game's dice tray thread.

Please do not roll dice in this thread.
Character ApplicationWith your application, please include:

Character Name
Class
Race
Appearance
Personality
Alignment
Background
Personality Trait 1
Personality Trait 2
Ideal
Bond
Flaw
Backstory
How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate?
What do you expect of me as a DM?

There is no need to post a character sheet or roll stats yet.
Campaign FeaturesBaldur's Gate Background Feature: This module has some unique features, one being character Background additions specific to Baldur's Gate. If you are in the party, I will post your special feature (if your Background has one), which you are free to use or not use.

Edit: Some of the Baldur's Gate character backgrounds assume you are from Baldur's Gate or have been there before. If you would like to choose one of these backgrounds for yourself, please view them at this link. You will need to filter the options to only show those from Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus.

You do not have to choose one of these, but you can receive a special feature for doing so. If you have already applied and would like to change your application to fit one of these backgrounds, you are free to do so.

Dark Secret: Each member of the party is involved in a dark secret that ties them to each other. I will allow the party to vote on what type of secret they want this to be (conspiracy, murder, theft, or failed coup), and we will roll to determine each party member's role.
About the DMI have been a DM for 3 years, but this will be my first campaign as a DM on RPGX! I am also new to RPGX in general, so please have patience with me as I am still learning the ins and outs. I currently DM two campaigns in-person, including this module.

Also—my wife and I are about to have our third baby! I may have some days over the next month that my post rate slows down, but I will still continue to post. Post rate should be back to normal by July.
Applicants
CharacterClassRacePlayerStatus
Dupet of the Daylight MoonWizard (Order of Scribes)Forest GnomeDesteploComplete
WIPWIPWIPChylopanWIP
BeastRangerDragonborn (Red Dragon)BlackDragon0Complete
Ronan Chadwick CaldwellBard (College of Eloquence)/Warlock (Archfey)Half-Elfdr kekyllComplete
Roland StoalArtificer/Cleric (Forge Domain)Variant HumanJrodComplete
WIPWIPWIPEarth TravelerWIP
Vigilant LiamPaladin (Oath of the Crown)Variant HumanGrouchyComplete
Deanna DannanDruid (Circle of Spores)FirbolgDebiRedHairComplete
Melisandra MoonmeadowBardStout HalflingMotjabaComplete
Sabine De'MorneWizard (School of Evocation)HumanYsoldeComplete
Wellby UnderboughMonkStout HalflingDemonSlayerComplete
Orson SacristanCleric (Grave Domain)Variant HumanJumilComplete
Gaston BrokengulfBarbarian (Path of the Ancestral Guardian)Half-ElfPaernielComplete
WIPRogue/SorcererTabaxiKshnikWIP
Davavor BellasWarlock (Hexblade)Half-Elfchri2mComplete
Rowan ShaedRogue (Scout)Half-ElfBulwarkComplete
Nue YaiSorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)HumanDemandreddComplete
WIPPaladin (Oath of the Watchers)WIPZangulWIP
Jarldin MirrorbreakerWizardStout HalflingL0stTh0ughtComplete
XalithaWizardHigh ElfRossNComplete
Jacquelyn de la HortaBardHalf-Elf (Moon Elf)ChrystromComplete
Gore BlisterBarbarianOgre*IrishKattComplete
Dr. Philippe BrightonArtificer (Alchemist)Variant HumanHiruma KohakuComplete
Irene WindsorFighterHumanRyanfromstatefarmComplete
Mindartis HornravenSorcerer (Psionic Soul)GithzeraicalandrisComplete
Sundar VangrelissianWizardHumancatsquotlComplete
Uhtred GeodeticCleric (Life Domain)Hill DwarfCnolan0714Complete
Varis CorunaRogue (Assassin)DrowDyerdonComplete

*IrishKatt spoke with me privately about submitting this character, for anyone wondering about the ogre. I have allowed this submission based on rules from DMs Guild.

Last edited by thefeywild; Jun 10th, 2021 at 08:04 AM.
Old May 26th, 2021, 07:38 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 891
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
Character Name: Dupet of the daylight moon
Class: wizard (scribe from tashas)
Race: forest gnome
Description: Forest gnome, grey eyes, short green hair, woody brown skin, turquoise robes

Personality: she has an undying urge for knowledge and needs little reason to hold back. Though at the cost to her social interest. Has a hard time listening past bullet points. But she’s nice and kind hearted unless she has little reason to be, that’s just a waste of effort
Alignment: N
Background: Sage (baldurs gate: rumor monger)
Personality Trait 1: okay, you said a bunch... I was thinking louder than you and didn’t hear you
Personality Trait 2: i mean... who hasn’t summoned a demon or two.. did you not go to college?
Ideal: The path to self-improvement is through knowledge and experimentation
Bond: I work to study and improve on the minor amount that’s written about other realms
Flaw: Most people scream and run when they see something so incredibly interesting, such as a screaming ghost in the bathroom mirror! I have so many questions!!
Backstory: Dupet was a recluse in college. She had been on a deep dive studying almost frying her brain until her brother slipped some alcohol in her coffee. She’d partied and experienced a revelation that expanded her curiosity to experiences as well as her ink. She’s summoned a few minor demons when she realized there was a lack of books on the topic. Mordenkainen’s Tome only being a rumor she’s started her own tome of sorts to channel her own curiosity. Her particular interests Lead her to baldurs gate where she’s been tutored under several wizards with things to teach on the matter of the lower and higher planes. During which she’s writing her book and learning all the magic she can.
How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate?: to expand on her magic, knowledge in general though the lower and higher planes being of most interest. She’s currently still attending college though she’s doing some offsite research and working through to pay off her debts.
What do you expect of me as a DM?: incorporating backstory into campaign and indulgence in Dupets many curiosities (to a limit of course, a carriage rides nothing without a few bumps)
RP sample for fun: “Okay okay, I see your mouth moving... I’m writing something... okay, you have about 20 seconds before I get bored, bullet points please.” Dupet closes her spellbook and her senses come back to her, she starts to hear yelling outside as well as carriages bumping on the stones outside. The heat of the room hits her and she realizes she’d been sweating. A smell invaded her senses shortly after, “oh pens... what is that?” Realizing the smell was her she blushes to herself and gets her spell pouch. She lets dust drip out her fingertips like the middle of an hourglass and lets it swirl around her cleaning herself in a few moments. She looks back at the man at the other side of her desk looking like he was waiting a response. she responds with confusion, “oh you’re still here?”

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Desteplo; May 27th, 2021 at 10:04 PM.
Old May 26th, 2021, 08:01 PM
Modron Manager

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3027
Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan Chylopan
Also expressing interest.

Leaning towards Barbarian.

Will update this post with application / concept.
Old May 26th, 2021, 08:08 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 296
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0

Last edited by BlackDragon0; Jun 10th, 2021 at 07:28 PM.
Old May 26th, 2021, 08:40 PM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Ronan Chadwick Caldwell, III
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bardlock (College of Eloquence/Archfey Patron)

Description: Ronan is a handsome half-elven lad, though you might not notice that he's anything more than a particularly comely human as the tips of his ears are often covered by his raven locks. He has ice blue eyes equally capable of freezing your blood or melting your heart and is very aware of the effect his smile (often described as 'disarming') has on others. In fact, he does not hesitate to take full advantage of this in pursuit of his personal desires. Though quick to dismiss insult in public, privately, Ronan is not one to allow a slight to go unanswered, and he is very thorough in constructing the demise of those who cross him.

Background: Baldur's Gate Noble
  • Personality Trait: Flattery is my preferred method for getting what I want.
  • Personality Trait: If you do me an injury, I will crush you, ruin your name, and salt your fields.
  • Ideal: Misdirection. I work vigorously to keep others from realizing my flaws.
  • Bond: I will face any challenge to win my father's approval.
  • Flaw: Don't expect me to save those who can't save themselves. It is nature's way that the clever thrive and the foolish perish.
Backstory: Ronan was born and raised in Baldur's Gate. His extended family owns many, if not most, of the art museums in the city and the name Caldwell carries quite a bit of weight. His father, a popular and influential member of the Gate's Parliament of Peers, was a present but distant figure, and his role of aloof patriarch made Ronan desperate for his approval. To that end, Ronan has refined his social skills and become quite the skillful orator in his own right.

What do you expect of me as a DM? I expect you to remember your own fun. I can have fun with less than I ask for, so feel free to say no to me. Don't get burned out trying to do too much cause then none of us get to have fun.

Last edited by dr kekyll; Jun 9th, 2021 at 11:32 AM. Reason: minor phrasing, formatting, and syntax; added generational suffix to name
Old May 26th, 2021, 10:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1237
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Application WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Roland Stoal
Race: Variant Human
Class: Artificer / Later Forge Cleric
Background: Clan Crafter
Feat:Warcaster

Appearance:
Roland is of middle age and as such shows well the evidence of time. He is grizzled, rough cut and abrasively handsome with his short white hair and wrinkled skin. He is stout, solid looking with thick powerful arms from banging on hot steel for over three decades.
Roland is a man of his work, donning thick protective leather, gloves and high boots. At his side is his most trusted tool, a long shafted and well balanced war hammer. On his body he carries numerous other tools as well as pouches of specialty material for invention or craft.

Personality:
Like the forge herself Roland is slow to temper, but when at peak heat has the raw power to devastate. Usually a calm and soothing presence but when provoked or threatened, quickly changing tunes.
With age comes maturity, and he plays no exception of the rule. Roland is voice of reason, full of level headedness and when needed can confidently navigate dictation or delegation. His personality resonates well with the “father figure” or even “fun grandpop” due to his ability to connect well with others younger than himself.
Roland is adept at all Things repair, harnessing a high level of mechanical aptitude. Wether it is fixing what is already damaged or creation from new, he takes pride in his work and his ability. He is very proud man, appreciative of himself and what he is capable of.

Backstory:
Roland has Earned an honest living as a black smith. Carrying out various duties such as ferrier, armorer and weapon smith to his village. He apprenticed under his father, who too was a man of the forge. Roland has every intention of passing on the Tong and Hammer to his son, who seemed to show prowess and passion for the craft as well.

With his spare time and to earn extra coin, Roland repaired damaged equipment from nobles and merchants, Having a kean knack for invention, mechanics and insight. This boded well for him, as his name grew in popularity his business flourished. Roland was also a studious man, reading plenty of book and scroll. He often found comfort reading the ancient books of elder forge masters, and if he was lucky enough, tales of the gods themselves. Depictions, inventions and tales of Gond being of his absolute favourite.

Tragedy struck the quiet village and it came in the form of darkness. Beasts of the night, of all ungodly shapes and sizes ravaged the unsuspecting village. With Their defences over run they tore through the town with ease. The hearty blacksmith did his best to fight off intruders, and was surprisingly victories with his smithy hammer and a shield he had just finished repairing. Unfortunately though, once the dust settled and the aftermath calculated it seemed as if many bodies were uncounted for. Roland son being one.

After his son was presumably murdered, or at the very least abducted, Roland spiralled into a world of darkness. He become angry, drunken and degenerate. It seemed no authority would put any weight into his sons disappearance, which only drove him more mad. He closed his business and wouldn’t see visitors.

One lonely night Roland contemplated ending it all. Finally indulging the darkness with Alcohol on his breath and knife in hand. It was at that moment the light shawn brightest, and from his cold forge shawn a radiance of warm light which filled the room. A presence of faith, hope and positivity swelled within the honourable black smith. All of a sudden things were not so dark and so lost.

He now refuses to accept the tragic fate of his son and spends his days searching. Guided by the light, uncovering truth from mystery and good from evil. He has made his way to Baldurs gate by rumour this is where the information he seeks lays.

Personality trait 1 - I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.

Personality trait 2 - I am prone to telling stories of my past crafting achievements, even to people who have heard the same stories many times before

Flaw - I am quick to assume that someone Is trying to cheat me

Ideal - Creativity. The world is in need of new ideas and bold action. (Chaotic)

Bond - I will get revenge on the evil forces that took my son and ruined my life

Last edited by Jrod; Jun 1st, 2021 at 12:06 AM.
Old May 26th, 2021, 11:40 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
FCastor FCastor FCastor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
intrested but I've tried to do the class thing before without rolls and wound up with a barbarian that couldn't lift a dagger and couldn't shoot a bow. was the Steve erkle of a party and died in 3 seconds of first fight....
Seeing as how there is the option to use the Standard Array or go with the 27 Point Buy if the dice rolls are not to your liking, I can only assume what you described will not be happening here.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by FCastor; May 26th, 2021 at 11:40 PM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 12:10 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39192
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@BlackDragon0 - Steve as in Steve Urkel from Family Matters. As in the genius neighbor kid? He lasted over two hundred episodes and has millions of fans around the world. And had a victorious Bruce Lee inspired fight scene.

Your barbarian, as described, doesn't sound quite like that.

But hey, no worries. Point buy would work just fine for your ranger.
Old May 27th, 2021, 12:14 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 39192
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
@thefeywild- Your ad looks fine. Are all non-evil Faerunian deities allowed for Clerical considerations?
Old May 27th, 2021, 01:36 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 296
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
@ Fcaster & Zevovian. I see it as a good possibility that which ever I take it will work.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; May 27th, 2021 at 01:40 AM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 01:54 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 102
Earth Traveler Earth Traveler
Interest
Old May 27th, 2021, 03:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5883
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
Character Concept
right-aligned image

Name: Vigilant Liam
Class: Paladin of Helm (taking the Oath of the Crown)
Race: Variant Human

Appearance:
Vigilant Liam is a broad shouldered man of average height, with short oily black hair and brown eyes that stare with a raptorlike gaze. He has a groomed full beard and a wide flat nose, with pockmarks on both of his cheeks and a small whitish scar on the left side of his chin. He has a stony expression on his face, and does not appear to be the type of man who smiles often. He wears a well polished suit of chain mail armor with a blue and white tabard that has the symbol of a gauntlet with an eye on the palm. A thick brown leather belt is cinched around his waist where he carries a dagger and a small pouch. He carries a massive two handed sword easily in his hands, and he carries himself with the ramrod discipline of a trained soldier.

Personality:
Honor and duty are the most important things to Liam, and he has little time for games. Deep down he feels immensely guilty for his past indiscretions, and although he treats others with empathy he is unusually hard on himself. He knows Helm has chosen him to do great things however, and is looking to make himself into a man worthy of respect once again. He is incredibly persistent and stubborn, and once he sets his mind to something he will do his best to accomplish his goal even if he dies trying. Steadfast and laconic, Liam is a warrior with lots of courage who has vowed to stand up for those who cannot defend themselves. Liam struggles with his pride, and would rather set himself on fire than ever admit he was wrong about something.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Soldier (Everwatch Knights)

Personality Trait 1: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
Personality Trait 2: I am my harshest critic, as I remember the kind of man I used to be.
Ideal: Aspiration. I'm going to prove that I'm worthy of a better life. (Any)
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong.

Backstory:
A reformed alcoholic, Liam was raised in poverty in Helm's Hold and had an abusive father who often used to beat him when he was drinking. Liam avoided being at home as much as possible in his youth, and would frequently roam the streets with other wayward youths and getting themselves into trouble. Liam took to the drink at an early age, and just like his father he had a short fuse when he was intoxicated. He soon became known as an aspiring street tough, willing to fight anyone over anything just to prove a point. When Liam was twelve summers old, he was large enough that when his father began to try to attack him as he had before, Liam fought back and beat his own father senseless. Shocked at what he had done, Liam ran off to get drunk and try to forget.

Liam's father wasn't the same after that, and soon at his wife's urging he began going to temple services at the Cathedral of Helm and swore off drinking. Liam didn't believe him, and even seeing the positive changes in his father's life from his new faith and sobriety did little to sway the troubled youth. It wasn't until he was in his fourteenth summer when his father was murdered in the streets protecting a young woman he didn't know from a group of thieves. This rocked Liam - his father was never that type of man before, and he died nobly defending someone else. Perhaps there was something to this religion stuff after all.

Out of respect for his late father, Liam began attending temple services at the Cathedral of Helm and soon he found a worthy aspiration in the God of Guardians. Liam swore off drinking and began helping his mother around the house, and soon he was an energetic zealot for the Helmite faith. He tried out for and was accepted into the Everwatch Knights, a group of professional bodyguards working for the Temple of Helm who would hire the bodyguards out to earn coin for the Cathedral. Liam proved to be a steadfast soldier as he saw a second chance at an honorable life and jumped on it with both feet. He showed himself to be a promising bodyguard, and on his third protection detail is when the Watcher chose Liam for his own.

Liam and a handful of other Everwatch Knights were escorting a diplomat from Helm's Hold to Luskan when they were attacked by a group of would-be assassins. The Everwatch Knights managed to fend off their attack, but as they were fleeing one of them shot a poisonous arrow at Liam. To this day, Liam swears he felt an otherworldly presence as his sword turned perfectly to meet the arrow in flight. The assassins were just as shocked as he was, and they fled into the night. It was then when Helm spoke into both his mind and his heart, calling on him to perform his duty and to fulfill his destiny as one of the chosen protectors of Helm himself. Liam returned to Helm's Hold a newly chosen man just a few months ago, and he was subsequently reassigned to the Vigilant Eyes of the God and underwent more basic training. He is now fresh out of his training, has had the title Vigilant bestowed upon him, and is ready to follow the path Helm has laid before him.

How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate?:
Liam has just finished a protection detail, traveling to Baldur's Gate as part of a merchant caravan to protect it from bandits along the road from Helm's Hold to Baldur's Gate. They had no trouble at all on this assignment so he is looking for bodyguard work to preferably head back to Helm's Hold.

What do you expect of me as a DM?:
A good story and involving the PCs in that story instead of just as outsiders looking in is huge for me, those usually end up being my favorite adventures.[/B]

Last edited by Grouchy; May 27th, 2021 at 06:27 AM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 04:00 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 275
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Character sheet linked to name
right-aligned image

Name: Deanna Dannan
Race: Firbolg
Class: Druid
Subclass: Circle of Spores
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Faction Agent (Harpers)
Role: Combat Cleric
Personality Trait: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideal: Aspiration. I seek to prove myself worthy of my faction’s favor by matching my actions against their teachings.
Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
Flaw: I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them

Backstory:
Deanna was raised in the forests of the north and grew to love them. She was taken mushrooming by her uncle who taught her all he knew about them, and that turned out to be a lot. She grew to love them as they meant so much to someone whom she admired and who spent more time with her than her own parents. She also learned that there were others in the world who were not in tune with the land and sought to control it rather than live with it. This led her to take action against them, and through her uncle she was introduced to a group who seek to bring harmony to the lands. She was drawn to the Harpers and became one of their agents. She has been travelling the world, doing her best to aid the Harpers in their aim of keeping evil at bay.

Description:
Deanna has red hair and green eyes and dresses in the rough clothes of her people, which are green and brown to blend into the forest. 7'5" tall and at only 200 lbs, she is short and slender for a Firbolg. She carries a quarterstaff.

Personality:
Deanna is a shy person, who makes friends slowly and carefully and is not a good conversationalist. She has a strong belief in what she does and dislikes the way that human societies treat their disadvantaged members. She believes that she can have a positive effect on the world providing that she keeps her head and works to rise within the Harpers. She is not afraid to bend the law to achieve the right outcome, which will be the best for those who cannot make the change happen themselves. She despises those with power who do not consider those without.

How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate? The Harpers sent her here as part of a mission to identify some evildoers who have been causing trouble to the north. She has just arrived in town and is settling in.

What do you expect of me as a DM? To help me have fun, and help me to tell Deanna's story.

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.

Last edited by DebiRedHair; May 27th, 2021 at 10:16 AM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 07:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@BlackDragon0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCastor View Post
Seeing as how there is the option to use the Standard Array or go with the 27 Point Buy if the dice rolls are not to your liking, I can only assume what you described will not be happening here.
@FCastor is correct—that shouldn't be an issue since standard array or point buy are allowed if you don't like your rolled array. I give the option for rolling because some players prefer it, it has the potential for better rolls, and it also has the potential for a more contrasted spread (<8 and >15 before racials), which some people like for RP (a low INT Barbarian or high INT Wizard, for example). I think players who enjoy min/maxing should have a chance for better than average rolls, and players who enjoy RPing with whatever the dice gods give them should have that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
also I can't see how anon evil alignment is supposed to be part of some evil act.... that's called going against alignment and creates a whole new alignment.
I'm assuming you're referring to the Dark Secret here. Without too many spoilers, it's technically supposed to plunge the characters into a moral grey area, regardless of how honorable they are. For example—if they're involved in a murder, they may not be a murderer, but perhaps they witnessed a murder and chose not to report it. Or maybe they did take a life accidentally during a bar fight. That kind of thing.

Last edited by thefeywild; May 27th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 07:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@zevonian
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
@thefeywild- Your ad looks fine. Are all non-evil Faerunian deities allowed for Clerical considerations?
Yes, indeed. All non-evil Forgotten Realms deities are fair game. There's a comprehensive list here. Original post updated to include this info.

Last edited by thefeywild; May 27th, 2021 at 07:38 AM.