DnD5e Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old May 27th, 2021, 10:04 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 296
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
well I don't know how this site does the 4d6 rolls as I'm just learning. but the 27 point system may work although if someone could teach me how to do the 4d6 it is my preferred type of ch build.
Also I see a lot of neutrals so far of course the chaotic might work as well as they go on personal code rather than general codes. It might not be as big a issue as in 2e.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; May 27th, 2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 10:22 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
FCastor FCastor FCastor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
well I don't know how this site does the 4d6 rolls as I'm just learning. but the 27 point system may work although if someone could teach me how to do the 4d6 it is my preferred type of ch build.
Also I see a lot of neutrals so far of course the chaotic might work as well as they go on personal code rather than general codes. It might not be as big a issue as in 2e.
I think the following should be a big help.

Cwick me pwetty pwease...

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old May 27th, 2021, 12:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
To all applicants—I have edited the original post to include the information below.

Some of the Baldur's Gate character backgrounds assume you are from Baldur's Gate or have been there before. If you would like to choose one of these backgrounds for yourself, please view them at this link. You will need to filter the options to only show those from Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus.

You do not have to choose one of these, but you can receive a special feature for doing so. If you have already applied and would like to change your application to fit one of these backgrounds, you are free to do so.
Old May 27th, 2021, 02:30 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 225
DebiRedHair DebiRedHair DebiRedHair
Looked at the new backgrounds. None of them fit Deanna so I will leave her as she is.

On phone at weekends so shorter and less frequent posts.
Old May 27th, 2021, 02:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Motjaba Motjaba Motjaba
Character Application
Character NameMelisandra Moonmeadow
Class Bard
Race Stout Halfling
Appearance

Meli is only 3'5" but her personality is 10 foot tall. She carries a large tome with her that she will right and draw in given a spare moment. She often gives an air of clumsiness with her large array of books, instruments, and adventuring gear clattering around her, but when in battle the randomness seems to make sense, as she beats her drum and fends off monsters at the same time.
Personality Annoyingly curious Meli is interested in everyone and everything. She loves a good story and her unimposing nature generally allows her access to them. She will always try and stand up for the little guy and thinks the more people know the better.
Alignment CG
Background Researcher
Personality Trait 1 There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Personality Trait 2 I’m used to helping out those who aren’t as smart as I am, and I patiently explain anything and everything to others.
Ideal No Limits. Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence. (Chaotic)
Bond My life’s work is a series of tomes related to a specific field of lore.
Flaw Most people scream and run when they see a demon. I stop and take notes on its anatomy.
Backstory
Meli grew up in a library that her mother tended. Well library may be an exaggeration, her mother collected books in their small cottage. People from the surrounding village would come to study and read the books. Meli learned how important information was when townsfolk would rush to the hut with a problem, and everyone would band together looking in the books for the answer, She became obsessed with finding answers, and soon the small collection her mother had spent a lifetime collecting seemed inadequate.

When a group of adventurers travelled through town she begged them to take her with them. She learned to take care of herself, and found began writing tomes of information she had learned. Her ambition is to create her own library, grander than the one she grew up in but with the same open and welcoming spirit.

How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate?
The party Meli had left her village with is planning a long and arduous sea faring journey that would greatly impede her personal mission. Meli has said goodbye to her companions and is desperate to find new friends who she can adventure with.

What do you expect of me as a DM?
A fun story with lots of opportunities to explore characters and settings.

Last edited by Motjaba; May 27th, 2021 at 03:03 PM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 03:13 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
unless there's some special way idk to do this by roll my ch would make a daddy long leg seem like a god.... so what am I not doing right?
Done in dice roll practice thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210527-141005.png
Views:	31
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	91144  

Last edited by BlackDragon0; May 27th, 2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 03:25 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
FCastor FCastor FCastor
Quote:
unless there's some special way idk to do this by roll my ch would make a daddy long leg seem like a god.... so what am I not doing right?
I am not sure what you mean. You seem to have done it correctly, even if your rolls are a bit on the unlucky side.

As for this particular game, unless I am mistaken, any ability score dice rolls will take place after the actual group is selected and I think there will be a separate dice rolling thread for that. And if you are chosen and end up rolling badly, you still have the option of using Standard Array or 27 Point Buy.

Old May 27th, 2021, 04:50 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 891
Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo Desteplo
I believe Dupet is done.. but I’ve been wrong before!

Old May 27th, 2021, 04:53 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
@ Fcaster ty at least I got the practice rolls right. Just trying to figure out if that was how to do it or should I have done each die seperatly. wasn't sure.. so dm if we roll that many 1s do we get to reroll? ss from dice roller practice thread.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; May 28th, 2021 at 02:11 AM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 05:54 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5703
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Welcome to your first foray into DM'ing here! Also congrats on your third child! We stopped at 2 when we realized how over our heads we were as it was! :P

I would be interested in trying this. I got to play like the very first part of this adventure in an IRL game, but our gaming group had a fall out wit the player who was running it so I never got past level 2 I think. I will put together an application for this game in just a bit.
Old May 27th, 2021, 08:41 PM
Amateur Vivisectionist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
dr kekyll dr kekyll
BlackDragon0, if you put use "4d6kh3" for the roll, it will automatically drop the lowest roll and tell you the sum of the three highest.
Old May 27th, 2021, 08:43 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
ok I'll check that out. ty I'll write that down.

Last edited by BlackDragon0; May 27th, 2021 at 08:48 PM.
Old May 27th, 2021, 10:03 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15156
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Character Name Sabine De'Morne
Class Wizard (Evocation)
Race Human
Appearance: Sabine has long salt and pepper hair and a mocha complexion. She often braids her hair with a black thread in it. She wears dark colored clothing and her green eyes stare at the world as if it is missing something she wants. When close to her you might smell a hint of almonds and jasmine. Her skin tends to be cool to the touch and when she casts a spell it is almost invariably hinted with darkness.

Personality: Cynical and pessimistic. She trusts nearly no-one and tries to keep people at arms length or further. There may be a soft center somewhere within her but her walls are high and laden with spike traps.

Alignment: N

Background: Criminal
Personality Trait 1: I am always calm no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Personality Trait 2: I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.

Ideal: I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals, and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care.

Bond: Someone I loved died because of me mistake I made. That will never happen again.

Flaw: I have a “tell” that reveals when I’m lying.

Backstory: Sabine was once a middle class woman living a decent life working as a herbalist until her husband died. Sadly, for her, there were people she bought her poisons from who knew that she was the one who killed him. The law wouldn't care that he was an abusive louse, they would just care that she had killed him and she had her child to think about. So, when she was brought in to make and distribute poisons to the people the criminal group wanted dead she did it. Over the years she made what they wanted to her make and bided her time until a chance came to bring the entire organization down. Words to the right people, combined with evidence in the constable's hands brought the criminal enterprise to a screeching halt.

Unfortunately she made a mistake and at least one of the criminals was missed by the law. Sabine found him at her house where he killed Sabine's daughter. The same place Sabine was found by the constables over his dead body. She served her time in prison, long years of solitude with just herself for company. When she was finally freed from prison the world was not very kind. Too many people knew her as the woman who had been a poisoner for hire, too many people saw her as a monster. She left and went to Baldur's Gate looking for work and hoping that she might forget the past.

How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate? Looking for work and a place where her criminal past is not as well known

What do you expect of me as a DM? Keep the story moving along. Hopefully not disappear into the aethyr...

Last edited by Ysolde; May 30th, 2021 at 10:51 PM.
Old May 28th, 2021, 07:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ysolde View Post
Class Wizard (Chronurgy or Evocation)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chronurgy Magic is specific to Wildemount/Exandria—is that right? I've seen a little bit of Critical Role, but I'm not super familiar with all of the content. If so, I'm hesitant to allow it as this campaign is in the Forgotten Realms setting. That being said, the School of Evocation is certainly fair game.
Old May 28th, 2021, 08:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@BlackDragon0
Quote:
@ Fcaster ty at least I got the practice rolls right. Just trying to figure out if that was how to do it or should I have done each die seperatly. wasn't sure.. so dm if we roll that many 1s do we get to reroll? ss from dice roller practice thread.
I do not plan on re-rolling 1s, because again, some players like RPing the low stat/high stat. For example, on the array you rolled, if I was making a Barbarian I would love to put that 19/16 in STR and CON or DEX, and wouldn't care so much about the 9 and 10s for my other stats. But I'm one that enjoys that. If you're not, or if you roll an array you're not happy with, use the standard array or point buy.

Edit: Didn't realize you didn't drop lowest, which I should have from the 19. But the above still applies.

Last edited by thefeywild; May 28th, 2021 at 11:22 AM.