DnD5e Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jun 8th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7
BullBeaver
New to RPGX but not to pbp. Consider me interested. Application to come soon.
Old Jun 8th, 2021, 10:13 PM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 296
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
deadlines coming up
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 12:16 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5012
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
@thefeywild
The add says you allow some content from UA, on a case by case basis. I'm interested in playing a shifter, and I know there are shifters in UA. I'm not sure if the Wildhunt subrace is there though. It might be only in Eberron? Anyway, would that be an option, or is it too far outside the forgotten realms for this campaing?
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Doors are cruel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1127
catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl catsquotl
Character Name : Sundar Vangrelissian
Class : Wizard
Race : Human
Appearance : A thin, nondescript, somewhat frail-looking human. A simple brown tunic covered by a long dark brown hooded robe.
Personality : A bit shy at first meeting, but as soon as Sundar feels comfortable he will talk about anything that catches his fancy. Often telling things he shouldn't have.
Alignment : Chaotic Good.
Background : Sage (wizards apprentice)
Personality Trait 1 : I’m willing to listen to every side of an argument before I make my own judgment
Personality Trait 2 : There’s nothing I like more than a good mystery.
Ideal : Logic. Emotions must not cloud our logical thinking
Bond : I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands.
Flaw : I can’t keep a secret to save my life, or anyone else’s
Backstory : From an early age Sundar asked everything he wanted to know. His inquisitive mind drove his parent crazy. But seeing the boys thirst for knowledge would not be contained, they sent him to candlekeep where an apprenticeship was negotiated.
Sundar loved his studies, the work, and sneaking off to roam about in the silent halls of the library. A few weeks after his 17th birthday he found a manuscript hidden in a book he had taken to his room from the "forbidden" section. As the librarians reprimanded him. His teacher had had enough. Nullifying the paid-for contract, he sent the boy on his way. When they came to take the book, Sundar had taken out the hidden manuscript, kept it, and with his backpack set out to learn more of the world's secrets.

How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate?: After being sent away by my master I followed the main road down to Baldur's gate. I have spent about a week here at a somewhat squalid tavern. Earning my keep writing letters for the illiterate.
What do you expect of me as a DM? : First and foremost I expect you to have Fun. Provide the structure for the game so we can have fun too. this means outlining the game, where we should roll, where to go for OOC questions and banter etc. To say which information you need from us in posts to make a pbp game run smoothly.
Also, I expect to see player action rephrased in DM posts as in my experience that helps to bind all the loose posts together into a coherent whole..

Last edited by catsquotl; Jun 9th, 2021 at 08:10 AM.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 09:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 767
thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild thefeywild
@anamiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamiac View Post
@thefeywild
The add says you allow some content from UA, on a case by case basis. I'm interested in playing a shifter, and I know there are shifters in UA. I'm not sure if the Wildhunt subrace is there though. It might be only in Eberron? Anyway, would that be an option, or is it too far outside the forgotten realms for this campaing?
It's a little too outside Forgotten Realms for this campaign, as they're primarily an Eberron race.

Last edited by thefeywild; Jun 9th, 2021 at 09:29 AM.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 10:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5165
DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer DemonSlayer
Ooh, the deadline's today! Good luck everyone !
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 11:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5012
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeywild View Post
@anamiac

It's a little too outside Forgotten Realms for this campaign, as they're primarily an Eberron race.
I was afraid of that.

Best of luck to everyone.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 11:14 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Jumil Jumil
Good luck everyone!

I hope there's a rose ceremony, like in the bachelor.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Bulwark
Good luck!

@Jumil: Don't believe it. The roses are mimics!
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 02:49 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 848
Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd Demandredd
Good luck everyone!
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 05:41 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Cnolan0714
Character Name: Uhtred Geodetic
Class: Cleric (Life Domain)
Race: Hill Dwarf
Appearance: Uhtred stands exactly 4 1/2 feet tall, is young for a Dwarf, and well muscled. He has light skin, only barely tanned and fiery red hair and beard. His beard is well groomed, with a few sections of it platted and clasped with gold beads.
Personality: Uhtred is headstrong, direct and implacable. He believes strongly in the difference between right and wrong, and thinks that doing the right thing is always easy to determine and should be done immediately.
Alignment: Good
Background: Baldur's Gate Soldier (Healer)
Personality Traits: 1. Can stare down a hellhound without flinching.
2. Face problems head on; a simple, direct solution is the best path to success.
Ideal: The Greater Good; Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others.
Bond: Fighting for those who cannot fight for themselves.
[B]Flaw:[B] Rather eat his own armour than admit to being wrong.
Backstory: Uhtred was born to Hill Dwarf parents who'd lived in Baldur's Gate for several generations. He grew up being taught that cities like Baldur's Gate were built on the sweat of the brows of the common folk; that those common folk were often taken advantage of by both the aristocracy and criminal elements (who often enough were the same thing) and that those common folk deserved good happy lives. That they deserved to be protected. And that regardless of legal right and wrong, there is most definitely a moral imperative to do the right thing for the betterment of the common folk. As such, he joined the city watch and having dedicated himself to Helm, decided to be a soldier/guardian/Cleric/healer.
What is expected from the DM? I have little in the way of expectations. A good story, and following the guidelines of RPGX.
Old Jun 9th, 2021, 06:39 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
Jumil Jumil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulwark View Post
Good luck!

@Jumil: Don't believe it. The roses are mimics!
"They look fine to m-" Sudden agonized screams as he is eaten alive by a beautiful rose mimic.
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 01:19 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 347
Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon Dyerdon
Unsure if this is still open, but if it is, I'd love to be in! I tried to get into an Avernus Campaign once with this same character PbP in Discord... five sessions in and we had gone maybe 20 feet from where we started. Would love to get into a full campaign with this dude.

Varis CorunaCharacter Name: Varis Coruna

Class: Rogue (Eventually Assassin)

Race: Drow

Appearance: Usually keeping his appearance hidden in dark hoods and masks, leathers from head to toe to keep his appearance a secret. When his features ARE revealed, he's strikingly beautiful as all elves are, with angular features, long white hair, and red eyes that glow in the darkness.

Alignment: Lawful Good

Background: Acolyte
Personality Traits: *I am tolerant of other faiths and respect the worship of other gods.
*I can find common ground between the fiercest enemies, empathizing with them and always working toward peace
Ideal: Charity. I always try to help those in need, no matter what the personal cost. (Good)
Bond: I owe my life to the paladin who took me in when my parents died.
Flaw: My piety sometimes leads me to blindly trust those that profess faith in my god.

Backstory A shadow in the dark, hunter of those who would harm the innocent, red eyes, burning like coals in the dark, a lasting nightmare for those few who have survived. Varis's story is a bit simpler than the creature he has become. The son of a Priestess of Lloth and a drow warrior, they were part of a small campaign. It started as a series of raids on the surface world, the Priestess acting as the healer for the soldiers and mages who swooped in. But there was talk of glory, and a dream... they wound up camping on the surface.

The small army held a small bit of success, striking out at small villages and hamlets... the Priestess eventually giving birth to a boy during this campaign... but the people called out for aid, and they were answered. Troops marched from Athkatla, bearing the banner of the Morninglord, Lathander... and after two days of protracted battle, the drow incursion was crushed. The bodies were looted, and the troops about to head home, when they heard a cry.

It was Captain Jonathan Coruna that found the infant, and brought him back to the temple... unsure of what to do with such a creature, the order Coruna worked for wished the child removed from the mortal plane, but Coruna pointed out that he was free of the sins of his parents... and it was still an infant. The Order of the Dawn made Coruna swear he would train the boy, and he swore to it.

As soon as he could hold a sword, he was trained, taught to listen and kill... the shadows were his domain... he would have become cold and distant as many of the others in his Order, had it not been for Coruna. His one bit of... humanity. It was through Coruna that he had some semblance of a childhood when he wasn't in training, and it was his teachings he took to the easiest. Temper his blade with mercy, destroy only the wicked, and praise Lathander. It became his mantra. But the Order of the Dawn only saw in him a weapon, so they continued to try to temper his compassion... but they could not. Still, he would kill for Lathander... he would then pray over his victims so that they could find peace in the next life.

A holy terror, most don't realize the gentle spirit that is Varis. Coruna knew it well, however, but he knew how the Order wanted to break him of that gentle side.. so he asked for a mission that Varis could take, that would send him far away, and after much argument, the Order finally relented, seeing this as a test. Coruna agreed. It was a test... a trial... Varis would be tempered like steel... or he'd break.

Varis swore to succeed, and the bit of hope that Coruna had was solidified when he learned that Varis had taken his name as if he was his father. A reminder, for Varis... that no matter how far he went, he would not change... he would not fall to the darkness of his people... but embrace the light of his father.

Coruna gave him a target and made him swear that he would find a group to help him with this task, as it would prove to be the most difficult he'd ever faced... he swore, and set off... Coruna praying he'd return better for it... hoping the Order wouldn't intervene...

How did you come to be in Baldur's Gate? Following the lead his adoptive father has given him, he pursues a traitor to the clergy of Lathander. Whether they are real or not can be up for debate...

What is expected from the DM? I expect little more than a grand tale and epic adventure. I look forward to being able to work with any DM, whether they want to make Varis's target a reality, or a falsehood is entirely up to them. As well as any potential missions from the Temple. Or none at all. I like writing backstories that can be used or ignored at a DM's leisure! I'm just along for the ride!

Last edited by Dyerdon; Jun 10th, 2021 at 01:21 AM.
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 07:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Dyerdon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyerdon View Post
Unsure if this is still open, but if it is, I'd love to be in! I tried to get into an Avernus Campaign once with this same character PbP in Discord... five sessions in and we had gone maybe 20 feet from where we started. Would love to get into a full campaign with this dude.
Since I didn't have a chance to post a close to this last night, I'll accept this app.
Old Jun 10th, 2021, 08:01 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application submissions are now closed!

Thanks everyone for the great submissions. I will be reviewing them and will post accepted applicants as soon as possible. Those in the game will also be contacted by PM.