Closed Valley of the Vampyr [Curse of Strahd] - now in 5e! - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 8th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 605
keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan
I'm a huge Ravenloft fan but have never played 4th edition of D&D. Do I need the books to play?
Old Oct 9th, 2016, 12:19 AM
1 Peter 2:24

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35323
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
It might be a bit difficult, as WotC have deleted their archive of free information...

They do have a "how to play" pdf here, which includes a few example characters. Have a read through, see if you are interested, and if you want to use one of these as a base, we can work something out!
Old Oct 9th, 2016, 10:15 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 605
keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan keylan
Reading over the pdf you told me about it seems that 4th ed and 5th ed are very similar. I have 5th ed., but if they are too different I would go with Dragonborn Paladin as my character choice if it is still available.
Old Oct 10th, 2016, 04:06 AM

Tools
User Statistics
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Sure, let's work with that Head over here, and we can start chatting about it.
Old Oct 14th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56
cyphre187
posting interest. should have a character up soon
Old Oct 17th, 2016, 02:20 AM

Tools
User Statistics
cool!
Old Oct 17th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
cyphre187
Hopefully will have a character up tuesday.
Old Oct 18th, 2016, 03:29 AM

Tools
User Statistics
no problem, looking forward to it
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
cyphre187
Here is what I have so far, I will finish up background ASAP. I am open to any suggestions on ways to improve.

NAME: Lucan

RACE: Elf

CLASS: Hybrid Rogue/Druid

APPEARANCE: Lucan is an elf of average height and weight, medium solid build, and tanned, light-olive skin. His face is long with a smooth forehead and hawk nose, large green eyes under arched eyebrows, dimpled cheeks, and a weeks worth of stubble covers his jutting chin. Lucan's double peirced Elven ears jut from his wavy, shoulder length, dark brown hair.

PERSONALITY: Lucan is sharp witted with a pragmatic outlook on life. Although he prefers the company of nature, he is friendly with most people, yet still guarded to a degree. He harbors no love for nobility and those of power, readily stealing from them and giving to the less fortunate.

BACKGROUND: Lucan was born and raised in a large metropolis, the son of influential metchants. He was a bit of a rebel, never having much interest in the family business. As a young boy, he spent most of his time with the more unfortunate youth of the city, preferring their company to those of his own class. This is where he learned to cheat and steal to survive. As a young man, he was took a job stealing a precious shortsword from a nobleman. The job was a setup, and Lucan ws captured, but not before hiding the sword. The magistrate, in order to save Lucan's family the shame and scorn, covered the incident up and banished Lucan, never to return, or face death. After gathering a few belongings, including the sword, hidden among his things, he left.
Lican wandered the wilds for a time, never staying in one place for long. After a couple years, Lucan met an old druid who taught him the ways of the wild, and druidism. He stayed with the old druid, learning what he could and honing the skills of both his crafts. One day, while returning from a foraging trip, Lucan herd a commotion and upon returning to their ahelter, found the old man dieing on the floor. The old man bequeathed Lucan special hide armor before passing which Lucan is never seen without.
Now Lucan wanders the lands, both in the wilds and in civilization doing what he must to survive and searching for those who killed his one true friend and teacher.

Last edited by cyphre187; Oct 20th, 2016 at 07:37 PM.
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
I am interested, but my rheumy eyes must have skipped over this little bitty piece of info somewhere in the act of reading (they do that once in a while)....What is the deadline or rather IS there a deadline?
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Card-Carrying Cleric Chum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10933
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
I'm always down for a Curse of Strahd game. And having never been the biggest fan of the base 4e game, I'm certainly open to trying a more trimmed down version.

White Token: None. Hanging on to it | Blue Token: Lv 3 secondary magic item | Red Token: Lv 10 primary magic item
Name: Arnlae Morrin
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Bard
Personality & Background: Arnlae was a strong-willed, bold individual. Always willing to belt out a happy song if he was in a good mood, to share his wealth if he had an abundance of it, and more than happy to put on a show to those who would watch. His adventurers had him heading into dangerous lands to battle against arcane threats and skilled monsters, always having a song to bolster his allies, a retort to deflate his foes, and a sharp blade to duel with. He's quick to make friends and allies, but slow to trust. He's... tolerant of other's religions, and doesn't hold himself to any specific god or deity.

However, after the getting on the bad side of an angry witch, he was a changed man. He would have mood swings, periods of where he would just mope and sulk in his home, and be less willing to venture outside for any reason. He would have days where he wanted to share in his misery with dower truths and depressing honesty, bringing others down emotionally. On a few rare days, he actually spent a good deal of time considering how he would quietly kill himself so no one would have to find his body. These periods of depression come and go seemingly at random. When he manages to shake off such dark fog, Arnlae seems like his old jubilant, inspiring self. Singing in the face of danger and ready to cross blades with the most skilled of foes.

Character Goals:
- Seeks a remedy to the curse laid on him by a witch he unintentionally insulted.
- Actively searches for sheets of music that make up 'The Aria of Silence'.
- Character interaction, the chance to utilize wits and foresight as well as brute force, and see him one step closer to collecting this supposedly dark, dangerous collection of music.

Important NPCs:
- Wizard Unlos: Arcane acquaintance in the Mage Guild. Met through the contract to close a portal to the Elemental Plane of Salt. Speaks to as an adviser on matters outside his experience.
- Thomlas the Tennor: Human Bard that he learned from. Taught him the finer points of song, poetry, and using his artistic talents to do more than earn a handful of gold and some free food at any given inn.
- Casvin Eriftal: Married to Arnlae. Elven Druidess, working through the ranks in the Circle of the Land (Weather).

Last edited by Tyeal; Oct 23rd, 2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old Oct 20th, 2016, 10:44 PM
Aged Cheddar
Newsletter Staff  

Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14960
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Hey there, ol chum! Guess who's modestly functional again?

I was looking at jumping back into one or two games again, andlow and behold, Hugga's running 4E Ravenloft. That's nuts.

Any objections to a relatively modern character on our Earth (built fully within 4E rules, of course) coming to party?
Old Oct 21st, 2016, 10:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
cyphre187 & Tyeal - great, I'll create private threads for you here

lydklein - no deadline, the game's already started, and I'm now looking for some replacement players (as it seems that players eventually vanish ). So if you're interested, jump on in!

sammichweasel - i had hoped you'd stop by when I saw you were back

A "modern" Earthling might be a bit out of character, but a "Victorian-Era" earthling would fit right in! (I'm running my home group through this too, and they all made characters with a Victorian-era feel.)
Old Oct 21st, 2016, 11:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Old Oct 22nd, 2016, 12:31 AM

Tools
User Statistics
I linked a quickstart sheet a few posts back here, have a read, and see if any of the characters interest you. We can work from them, adapt it to suit! Or, go from scratch!