Information Hints of Hugga (Ask me stuff!) - Page 105 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2008 > Hero's Gauntlet > hvg3's House
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of my games should permanently house "hints of hvg3"?
Hero's Gauntlet
34 44.16%
The Three Evils
21 27.27%
Trouble Runs Deeper
14 18.18%
Gang Warfare
13 16.88%
Going to Other Planets
21 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 17th, 2018, 06:26 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Vincifer
mystfickle

if you could create your own class in a fantasy setting, what would you make?
Old Aug 17th, 2018, 09:50 PM
1 Peter 2:24

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35323
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Hello Vincifer! Welcome to the boards

If I could make my own class...that's a hard one! Personally, I've always been fond of physics and engineering, and whilst most fantasy setting could probably benefit from classes on those topics, I'm not sure I'd really be suited to create such a syllabus. I do think, however, it would be fun to have a class on game theory - to create and build your own games. Sure, they probably wouldn't be computer games, but creating interesting board or card games in a fantasy setting should be possible! And after all - such a class would allow you to create a game within a game, and the meta-feel of that definitely resonates with me
Old Dec 6th, 2018, 04:29 PM
Stingy Black Mage

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1687
loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic loganic
That was definitely a teaching moment.

I'm going to assume viscously, and ask, how has wargaming influenced your (smaller scale) RPG experiences and vice versa?

Last edited by loganic; Dec 6th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old Dec 7th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Tools
User Statistics
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Welcome loganic!

An interesting question...Kill teams not so much, as it's fresh. Other wargaming....well, I have tried to run mass battles at some times in campaigns, and I borrow ideas from wargaming. I guess its more subtle normally, in that when I play wargames, I tend to play more story-based ones, or at least build my side around characters and themes (not around simply the best numbers for the field).

How about yourself? How do you see the two influencing each other?
Old Jan 3rd, 2019, 05:59 PM
Is it nap time yet?
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5685
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
What up Hugga?

Not really a question, just a greeting but heck, lets ask it -- whats up....aka above you right now?

Edit: Oh! Second question.....ever consider running another hero's gauntlet? :-P

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Jan 3rd, 2019 at 06:00 PM.
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 10:44 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Howdy MoM! Fancy seeing you drop by

Not much - just another unit and then a lot of hot sky. But on a more serious note:

Not much - just trying to get back up to speed after our summer holidays. How are you doing?

I have considered it (as well as another battler royale, even if people would think *i'm* copying the new fad of the day!), but the big issue is system. I really haven't grown to like the newer systems, and new players clearly don't go for the older systems, so that makes things difficult!

Are you back here to play? Or just popping through?
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 10:51 PM
Is it nap time yet?
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
I am great! I am back to play, as I have invested in a new PC and have return to school for software development and App design, I will be on my computer often!

A battle royale would be interesting, and another HG or TRD would be awesome as they were, but it does seem like 5e is the system of choice as I looked around. I am starting up a pathfinder game myself, but I could see I was not in majority.

What brought me back is I miss DMing, and got the urge to run a game, but I am always down to play a game or two, so I can itch that scratch here as well!
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 11:38 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I still have three games running: The Three Evils is going through Epic levels; Heroes of Fallcrest is midway through Paragon, and my Curse of Strahd game, Vally of the Vampyr, changed from 4e Heroic to 5e.
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 09:40 PM
Is it nap time yet?
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Man, I recognize two of those names! T3E is going on what.....34th year of running? xD

I might have to start reading along, maybe knock a little rust of my brain!
Old Jan 13th, 2019, 11:16 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Feel free to jump back in if you want
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 01:05 AM
Is it nap time yet?
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
Oh my, I'll have to start working on that! My people will be in touch with your people
Old Jan 15th, 2019, 07:50 PM

Tools
User Statistics

(We're level 24, but are using a 'condensed' system)
Old Sep 9th, 2019, 08:54 PM
Very Young Gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
GNOME GNOME
I already asked this once, but I need to know how you people feel about gnomes? I am serious, please don't troll.
Old Sep 10th, 2019, 02:46 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Howdy GNOME! I have to say, initially, trolls and gnomes are very different. One's, like, really big, and the other's real tiny and all.

Personally, Gnomes are ok, but I don't think they have the same character as halflings. Or strength as goliaths. Or general grace as elves. So I have kind of lacked knowing what to use them as. How do you prefer to run your gnomes?
Old Mar 29th, 2020, 10:01 AM
Game Operations Director

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9923
GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen GodRosen
I was asked a bunch of questions. Before you read my responses to them how would you have answered them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson 0M3N View Post
I love the idea of a PM thread. I'm might completely rip off this idea.

So God, what is the meaning of life? Does your chewing gum lose it's flavor on the bedpost over night? Should I take the promotion? Which came first: the chicken, or the egg? How will the court case turn out? Paper, or plastic?

How would you say our answers compare? Were my responses better than what you could have thought up? Lol

Last edited by GodRosen; Mar 29th, 2020 at 10:02 AM.