Notices

Old 07-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 97
SpookySkeleton
Hey guys...

I'm completely new to roleplaying, so I'm a bit nervous about joining this community. It's something I've always wanted to try, but can never seem to gather the courage to actually do. I'm hoping that joining this forum will change that. I'm really looking forward to starting this journey and hopefully make a few new friends along the way....
Old 07-13-2018, 07:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7783
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Don't worry about being new, we were all new once! I suggest you head over and sign up for your new player solo game. You'll select your system (I suggest D&D5) and be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. It's a great way to see how we do things while having a little fun.

So what made you finally take the plunge? Have you been listening to podcasts or listened to friends talking about gaming?

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Caption Contest: *Your words here*
Old 07-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SpookySkeleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Welcome to the club chummer!

Don't worry about being new, we were all new once! I suggest you head over and sign up for your new player solo game. You'll select your system (I suggest D&D5) and be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. It's a great way to see how we do things while having a little fun.

So what made you finally take the plunge? Have you been listening to podcasts or listened to friends talking about gaming?

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Thank you! My main inspiration has been "Critical Role" on youtube and I've also been listening to a few DnD podcasts. I'll go check out the solo game right now...
Old 07-13-2018, 07:44 PM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50906
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
welcome!

there's nothing to be nervous about. Most of us don't bite, and those that do, have had their shots. Mostly.

Hope you have fun gaming with us!
Old 07-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SpookySkeleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkoth View Post
welcome!

there's nothing to be nervous about. Most of us don't bite, and those that do, have had their shots. Mostly.

Hope you have fun gaming with us!
Thank you! I'm excited to be here!
Old 07-14-2018, 12:45 AM
walks by me to get to him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10511
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
welcome to the site. It's great that podcasts and actual streaming has brought so many new people into the hobby. I've been playing for years and I have even been encouraged to enjoy the game more by following those sorts of things.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:37 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SpookySkeleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatmeal View Post
welcome to the site. It's great that podcasts and actual streaming has brought so many new people into the hobby. I've been playing for years and I have even been encouraged to enjoy the game more by following those sorts of things.
Thank you, goatmeal! I was unaware they even existed until about a year and a half ago. Now I'm addicted to listening to them haha... I just wish I had a local group to join. Living out in the middle of nowhere sucks, I'm so glad I found this site.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:04 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15978
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning SpookySkeleton,

- fun username, love it -

No need to be nervous about being new to the site, seriously each and every player over here was new once and we all had to learn to create our first character. Have you decided on a game mechanics yet, what system of roleplay you want to use?
Has someone told you about the awesome Solo games yet? ;-)

Most important though, welcome over here and I hope you have fun
(if you have questions feel free to ask them in here and we will try and find/provide answers)
Old 07-14-2018, 11:03 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SpookySkeleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning SpookySkeleton,

- fun username, love it -

No need to be nervous about being new to the site, seriously each and every player over here was new once and we all had to learn to create our first character. Have you decided on a game mechanics yet, what system of roleplay you want to use?
Has someone told you about the awesome Solo games yet? ;-)

Most important though, welcome over here and I hope you have fun
(if you have questions feel free to ask them in here and we will try and find/provide answers)
Thanks! I've signed up for a solo game, but thats about as far as I've gotten. I'm not entirely sure what my next step should be.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:13 PM
DnD Grognard. Look it up.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50906
dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth dirkoth
next steps... pop around and read some of the threads, especially the stickied ones. they often contain good info, or advice.

Go look at games seeking players threads, and look at how the DM's and application process works. Get a feel for what looks good, how things seem to flow, and the feel of the site.

Head over to open role play, and join in one of the games, just for some fun, and to get your name noticed a bit. the more you play, the more active you are, the more likely you will make friends, and get involved with the community.
Old 07-14-2018, 08:19 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SpookySkeleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkoth View Post
next steps... pop around and read some of the threads, especially the stickied ones. they often contain good info, or advice.

Go look at games seeking players threads, and look at how the DM's and application process works. Get a feel for what looks good, how things seem to flow, and the feel of the site.

Head over to open role play, and join in one of the games, just for some fun, and to get your name noticed a bit. the more you play, the more active you are, the more likely you will make friends, and get involved with the community.
Thanks dirkoth, I'll start checking around.
Old 07-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 170
blackhawk blackhawk
Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here, I'm new to, just jump in a solo game you will get all the help you need.
Old 07-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
SpookySkeleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawk View Post
Welcome and I hope you enjoy it here, I'm new to, just jump in a solo game you will get all the help you need.
Thanks, blackhawk.