Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 687
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B
Erwin Hellamere

Character Application
right-aligned image
Erwin Hellamere, "The Conceited Wolf"

Name: Rewin Hellamere. (Character Sheet)
Ethnicity: Human Variant (Magic Initiate Feat)
Class: Monk (Way of the Open Hand)
Background: A gladiator is as much an entertainer as any minstrel or circus performer, trained to make the arts of combat into a spectacle the crowd can enjoy. This kind of flashy combat is your entertainer routine, though you might also have some skills as a tumbler or actor. Using your By Popular Demand feature, you can find a place to perform in any place that features combat for entertainment—perhaps a gladiatorial arena or secret pit fighting club. You can replace the musical instrument in your equipment package with an inexpensive but unusual weapon, such as a trident or net.Gladiator
Entertainer Routines: Tumbler, Actor, Instrumentalist. (Flute).
Unusual weapon: A straight single bladed sword similar to a Katana but with slender body and a long wood handgrip accompanied with a wood scabbard that gives the appearance of being a short quarterstaff when is sheathed.Kodachi (Monk Weapon). 1d6 Slashing. Finesse, Light. 3 lb. Kodachi Picture
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Character's Music Theme: River in the Desert

Personality.

• I'm always polite and respectful.
  • I am often calm. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. Unless when his sister becomes the subject, a theme that made him show his emotions pretty easily.

Ideal

• Family. Blood runs thicker than water.

Bond

• Nothing is more important than the other members of my family.

Flaw

• I would betray even my friend when it comes to protect my sister Sadia.
  • I have trouble trusting in my allies.

Backstory

Erwin's origin remounts to the once renowned family, the Hellamere. They were a powerful and wealthy family known by the commerce of Jewellery and connections with Elf race.

Erwin grew up in a less peculiar family than the most of the same status. With a stepmother Elf that raised him and lovely half-elf little sister that he adored. Surrounded with both cultures, elf and Human, he never have the need to know what xenophobia means until the fatidic day that Erwin's father ambitions clashed with the one of another wealthy and powerful family, The Garldorians. His Father wished to become a member of the noble families that rules the city after the fall of the last Noble family from disgraced.

What his father never realized was the price of his greed would become the ruin of The Hellamere Name and the Dead of Him and most of the Family in the hands of the cruellest force of the city, The Hawks. Accused of seditious thoughts based on his Stepmother's beliefs, the secret police organized a ambush to eradicate the Hellamere family from the map of the city.

That night, the fires consumed the house as the screams filled the mansion. His parents did what most parent do in the face of danger; secure a safe passage to their son and daughter could survive and it was though the Saj's family Aid, made it.

Erwin and Saria had to bear the spectacle far away in the ghettos while a tiny column of smoke raised form where it were their home before. Both found a safetly place in the worst and dirty inn he could paid with the little money the Saj provided as a loan and with just 13 years old, he realized the dark place that city was, bearing his pain and his only treasure that once connected with their happy life in that city, his little sister.

The life of a couple of orphans can be hard in Mulmaster and even more harder if you're an descendant of another race and it was for that reason, Erwin decided to accept the help of the Zhentarim faction and the promise of their protection. It was the incident of his sister almost being raped in front of him and the scene of being both saved for that big drunken man with only his fists that enlighten the path that Erwin would need to take to protect his little sister.

Though his training with Farlo, he began to gain strength he need while as Farlo's disciple he worked as his subordinate in the promise to find a chance to gain independence from Zhentarim. From being a simple brute or a guardian along with his Master, he silently learned anything he can and When he gained the trust of Zhetarim, They found a place to her little sister works as a singer in a renowned bar of the Zetharim.

His chance came a day when his master presented him the world of pit fighting and he realized that Farlo was martial artist know in the pit fighting as "the Blood Sanctuary" and when Farlo prepared his first fight he understood the reason why he trained him. He was a source of money for his master but to his family and Zhetarim too and understood that in Mulmaster every little help has a price.

Two Years After, Erwin became a renowned martial artist in the ghettos known as "The Conceited Wolf". He never knew why the nickname because he felt that it was a flashy name his master gave him. The truth is that with that name a letter came with a peculiar name on it.

One day he heard about Astrid Saj patry and He saw a chance to stand up from his adversary grip and moslty he felt in debt with Saj family. He knew that every favour must be paid, some in blood, some with money and others with a little service.

He went to the interview in secret because he feared that the resamblance of her sister with her mother would put her in danger again so he send her to visit his uncle Garih in the company of his master Farlo, hoping the family reunion took enough time to fulfill his plan.

Meanwhile, Erwin Revealed to Miss Astrid his Heritage and the debt of gratitude he had with her family. The desire to work with her and to point her at the Garldorian Fily as the suitable family to Dethrone from de lord chair and the help he will provide in exchange of the absolution and restoration of the Hellamere family.

Motivations

Erwin's Motivation is clearly his only family, his sister Sadia. Since the lost of every family member he had, he sees his sister as the only pillar to sustain a future fill with hope instead of despair and anger. She's his strength and his flaw at the same time, she's a door for hope and a new paradise to be found.

So he yearns to recover his old life with a new start, a stronger one. A new future where both can call a safe heaven, where his sister is safe from the xenophobia and the men that tries to puts their hand on her to harm her. Where he can look her back and not feel as a bad person though he knows that he is; He had to be in order to protect what is important for him in the end.

He knows that that day may come when the Garldorians will fall from the lord chair they occupied 7 years ago. He yearn for it but not for revenge or simple greed, mostly to hhave the change to vindicate His Family Name and have the change to bloom as a distinguish family once more.

OCCI hope it's not lack of something in my application. My character clearly will accept the job to help to Miss Saj and his main objective os dethrone the family that caused his nightmare.

Last edited by J2B; 07-17-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:44 PM
walks by me to get to him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10511
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
A couple of things with your application:
I generally tend to avoid the subject of rape in games because it is uncomfortable for a lot of people. Don’t feel like you need to change the backstory, but just know that it’s not something I want to have come up in the game threads.
Speaking of your character’s sister, I like that your character has this sort of bond to another person, but I think we need to be careful how that plays out in the game. I’d rather not have you start the game with the sister as someone else attending the party, simply because having an extra body could be a little O.P. So think of some reason why your character would be here for several days while she is elsewhere.
If factions become something in this game, whatever past you have with the Zhentarim will not show up as either a benefit or a penalty, simply for the sake of game balance. So you don’t need to change anything there, just realize it won’t have a mechanical affect on the game. We’ll figure out why that is if it comes up.
I like that you have this other weapon idea. We can call your weapon a Dashi if you like, but it should have the stats of a regular monk weapon, possibly a short sword. It’s not a huge difference, but I want to keep everything AL legal for the playtesting chunk of this so that it’s clear what it means. We can revisit once we get past that if you like.
Not sure if you intended to link to a character sheet, but I’m not seeing anything when I click on it.
Old 07-13-2018, 09:03 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B

Last edited by J2B; 07-13-2018 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:09 PM

Tools
User Statistics
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Old 07-13-2018, 11:44 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B

Last edited by J2B; 07-14-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 11:54 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-14-2018, 01:02 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B

Last edited by J2B; 07-14-2018 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Old 07-15-2018, 09:41 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B J2B

Last edited by J2B; 07-15-2018 at 10:04 PM.
Old 07-16-2018, 11:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics