RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old Yesterday, 12:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2484
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quick question: If I chose not to drag my focus when translating to Ardeyn do I absolutely need to pick another? The opening post says something about choosing or at least thinking about the aredyn focus, but I kind of like the idea of not knowing what I will get and then adapting to whatever it is.
Old Yesterday, 01:25 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28535
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
@Phettberg, that's absolutely fine! I've made the mistake in the past of trying to surprise players with things and I arrived at the conclusion most players don't mind a *little* surprise, but not if it impacts their character build. The best game idea I think I've had crashed badly because I took too much liberty and some players were definitely not cool with that. We live and learn! Thanks for letting me know! Right, draggable focus isn't mandatory. It just means you CAN translate it. You can pick a new focus when the time comes, or be really adventurous and be surprised and have a real "origin story" hehe!

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw

Last edited by ItsaVerb; Yesterday at 01:25 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1378
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
... I think I found Helena's ride. Just imagine a Panel Van - instead of a Pick-up Truck - With a mobile crime lab in the back.

...and then this for her wheelchair.

Old Yesterday, 03:15 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb ItsaVerb
A wheelchair you can go MUDDIN' with! hahaha!!! "I'm gonna do a double backflip off the mound... hold my Glock."

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." ~George Bernard Shaw
Old Yesterday, 04:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2484
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaVerb View Post
You can pick a new focus when the time comes, or be really adventurous and be surprised and have a real "origin story" hehe!
Sounds good, though at the moment I'm still pretty sure I'd like to be surprised. Effectiveness does not worry me as much, as long as it's a focus that is still in the vector ballpark and has a relation to the characters essence (even if it is the exact opposite). It does not have to totally go with the moves I picked or whatever - I'm not about maximising.

But that's just the fun of it - I think there are very obvious foci that would go with the character as I see him, but if I end up getting another because others (well, you, in that case) saw it differently I'd be forced to confront these facets of the personality that I may have subconsciously been putting out. Or you could throw me something slightly off just for the challenge - I certainly wouldn't mind that either. Anyway, that's something that really excited me about the setting initially.

Looking at the extended list out of in translation I don't think there are any that I would absolutely hate in concept. Having said all that, a paradox focus (or any intellect pool based focus) would cramp my style in terms of how often I could work my stuff - that's certainly true. Just being objectively worse while at the same time infringing on the territory of the paradox/spinner of the group would not be as fun.
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Aeth I, Queen of Discord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31675
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
You guys are tempting me... motorized wheelchair is one thing, the whole loadout is another! If we start before we've picked up our baggage in SD, though, she'll have a regular wheelchair, just because the motorized one won't fit in the passenger compartment on the plane. Depending on how liberally I can work around that, we'd have to see. Nobody carries Haley.

I'm sure whatever Verb picked would still be vector-related, Phettberg, just based on the fact that no matter what we get for a group "balance", I imagine the vectors still need to kick butt.

EDIT: Oh, and purplerook, she'll be walking in Ardeyn. That's half the reason she wants to go.

Last edited by Aethera; Yesterday at 05:52 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22237
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Tanks have wheels and chairs...
Old Yesterday, 06:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Averner, there are a few wheelchairs out there with treads. I avoided them, because of the issues getting them in/out of the truck. Off course, a remote controlled wheel chalr would be able to load/unload itself from the trailer attached to the truck.

Plane? Overhead? I am hearing road trip... a Strange road trip . It’s not that far from Seattle to Soiux Falls and how else can we get all of Helena’s gear there. Besides, some of us have things that are not ‘check-on friendly.’
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22237
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Are there??? Haha never challenge the internet

It got better....

Last edited by Avner; Yesterday at 08:59 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
Tanks have wheels and chairs...
Honest-to-goodness fact, yo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerook View Post
Averner, there are a few wheelchairs out there with treads. I avoided them, because of the issues getting them in/out of the truck. Off course, a remote controlled wheel chalr would be able to load/unload itself from the trailer attached to the truck.

Plane? Overhead? I am hearing road trip... a Strange road trip . It’s not that far from Seattle to Soiux Falls and how else can we get all of Helena’s gear there. Besides, some of us have things that are not ‘check-on friendly.’
Now, I had entirely intended to start this game ON the plane--and I'd really hate to deprive the players of this particular flight... but having said that, I could get the same content across in a roadtrip scenario, too, and the idea of it makes me giggle a little. 22 and a half hour drive according to google...

Old Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Certified Rapscallion

Tools
User Statistics
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Application Deadline changed to Thurs 7/26. That's a week from this message. (This is a sign things are going better than I planned!) Huzzah!

Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsaVerb View Post
Now, I had entirely intended to start this game ON the plane--and I'd really hate to deprive the players of this particular flight... but having said that, I could get the same content across in a roadtrip scenario, too, and the idea of it makes me giggle a little. 22 and a half hour drive according to google...
22 hours, that's just Google. We have a character with 'Learns Quickly' Focus:

There’s Your Problem. You are trained in tasks related to figuring out how to solve problems with multiple solutions (like the best way to pack a truck, calm an enraged customer, give a cat a shot of insulin, or find a route through the city for maximum speed). Enabler.

They will be able to use all of their skills in one trip - packing the truck, calming the enraged PCs and finding us a faster route there...uh, the cat that's just some stray we picked up at a Truck Stop.

...after all a group of PCs packed into a truck for 24 hours, what could possibly go wrong.