Notices

Old 07-12-2018, 04:53 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 206
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Ruanpala

Ivyian and his band of Reavers barely escaped from the fens around the village of Midgepoor and the nasty Naga led folk who had taken over the village, killing and eating most of the inhabitants. Ivyian himself was bit by some foul snake like thing that's poison sent his flesh to rotting. He smelled like gangrene for weeks afterward, even after he was healed the smell was there. It was only in the last few weeks the smell had left and he started regaining the twenty pounds he had lost. His friend and ally, Leonor had left, heading out for the ruins of Paris. Ivyian stayed behind, resting and recuperating with a number of the others. His friend and patron, Sir Danyon Dufour had paid for more healing and allowed them to stay in one of his hunting lodges well away from most roads, villages and towns. It was a quiet place, close to the Magewood. Ivyian and his band rested, healed and trained, joked and drank and ate as they grew stronger and recovered from the ordeal in the fens.

After two months of that, when most of them had fully healed, they started growing restless and wandering, two of them, Herick and Odmun became lost in the Forests and apparently died of exposure. Voraiya found their frost covered bodies one morning. She told Ivyian privately she doesn't think they died, she thinks they somehow angered the spirits of this place and paid for that with their lives. After that, most of them didn't wander far and kept mostly to the Hunting lodge and a small farm half a mile down the road. That is when a courier arrived with a letter from Sir Danyon, asking Ivyian and a few of his companions to meet at the Wriggling Wyvern Inn and Tavern in the village of Vitry. Ivyian decided to go and take Hegru his Frisian warrior friend, Siofra the priestess of St. Silvanus, the experienced welsh archers Devan and Ewen Hardbow and Voraiya of the Dancing Moon.

Ivyian waited calmly in the cellar of the Wriggling Wyvern Inn and Tavern. Sitting quietly next to him, Siofra has her hands folded in her lap, looking all around with wide eyes. She is doing a good job of not showing her fear as she patiently waits. Hegru stands in the corner, arms folded across his chest, impatiently tapping his foot against the ground. Hegru does not like waiting. The young Frisian stops tapping his foot and glares around the room before letting out a deep sigh, Ivyian, when is this man coming, this Danyon Dufour? That doesn't sound like a name of someone I want to follow. Why can't we follow someone like Roald Boar-Cleaver or something? Gods Ivyian! the man hasn't even sent refreshments yet. What can we expect from a dandy with such ill manners?

Last edited by Rasgorn; 07-12-2018 at 04:55 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:47 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 106
donsr donsr
Ivy sat on a Keg, a silver coin walking across his fingers, as he looked around, he would change hands from time to time...

Sir Dayon Dufour, is a friend, as well as the fellow who sends us coin and supplies, from time to time. It is he, who aids us in being a resistance..rather then Highwaymen....

he smiles a bit,..not that I would not want to be up above, slitting a few purses, or checking out items in people's rooms. But.. we also must watch what type of guests we are. In Case we needs, meet here again.

..I am most certain, we have not received and food and such, since..My friend, we are not supposed to be here.. barmaids who walk into a cellar with food and drink, would bring a few questions to the patron's eyes....aye?

.besides, My friends... his Blue eyes glint with the silver flecks,..Sir Dayon has his own role to play, and thus , must not be seen with folks whom might be considers...dangerous.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:33 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Hegru blows out a strained breath and smiles as he nods in agreement with Ivyian, That sounds most sensible, but still, this does not sit well with me. We could be looting in Paris with Leonor....Hegru stops speaking as they all hear the creak of a door opening, followed by light footfalls coming down the steps. Hegru quietly slides his scramasaxe blade from it's sheath, holding it under one of his folded arms. Siofra stands and turns towards the stairs, waiting and watching not the stairs themselves, but Iyvian, looking to him for direction.

Ivyian hears two sets of footsteps coming, someone, probably a woman and his friend Danyon. He is surprised when not two people but three come into view as they walk down the stairs. Leading is his friend Danyon, followed by a woman with bright red hair and sharp, discerning green eyes. Those two he heard, the third member is a dwarf of all things, the one he didn't hear....

Danyon smiles when he sees Ivyian and opens his arms to greet his friend, It was good of you to come. I am most grateful as always to have your company. It is most unfortunate we do not have more time to simply enjoy ourselves if not for need and duty pressing us so. Danyon will hug Ivyian and give him a kiss on the right cheek before turning to the his companions, Ivyain, this fair lady is Brinna and after her is Eisen Hammerhand, who I have known all of my days.

Ivyian notices Brinna grimace when Danyon called her "lady," and when he is done speaking, she steps forward offering her hand to shake,Just Brinna will do, I am not one for fancy, unless it is called for. The dwarf, Eisen is more collected and patience, watching, looking, assessing Ivyian and Siofra and Hegru. Eisen's stare focuses on Siofra more than Ivyian or Hegru. It is hard to tell why though, the young dwarf's face gives nothing away, just like his footsteps.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:47 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
donsr donsr
The elf chuckles softly,...pretend we are lying by some logs for a Reeve to come by... he stops as well, the coin slips easy into his belt pouch.

Clapping Danyon on the back as he hugs with both arms, when he is introduced to the LAdy he was ready to take the hand for a kiss, but the Elf was a quick study, and took a firm enough shake , not to be condescending . He Nods to the Dwarf his eyes stare into hers just a bit as he Introduces his friends.

Hegru,Diven,Ewn,Voralya of the Dancing Moon..and Good Lady Siofra of St Silvas…. again his eyes search reaction from the Dwarf as she mentions, Siofra.

Turning to Danyon with a grin [COLOR="seagreen",..Now?.. My friend? there are a few more Normans out there then there should be, because we are here?. I am assuming this is of import..judging by our Lush Accommodations ?][/COLOR]

Last edited by donsr; 07-14-2018 at 06:50 PM.
Old 07-15-2018, 02:54 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
OOC-Sorry my mistake, i forgot to mention that the archers, Ewen is in the bar watching the room while Devan is just outside on the porch watching the street and Voraiya is out back watching the cellar door and stable yard.

IC - The normans and flemish are out for me. I am about to be put under "House Arrest," until further notice. Which is better than a jail. I can still conduct my affairs from home, just not as efficiently or in person. This is where you come in, if you are willing, would you act on my behalf as my agent? Right now it will mostly consist of courier work, getting information between various agents and folk working with us, or who should be working with us. A number of these people are already consider outlaws, so just finding them will have it's difficulties and then convincing them of our cause, well, I will leave that to you. While out there, every little bit helps, every action we take against them, helps, if you understand me. Danyon pauses for a moment, looking at Brinna for some sense of her feelings, she nods at him then looks at IvyianEisen and I would like to accompany you. We personally know many of the contacts you will seeking and we something of most of the others that could prove helpful. Eisen is more quiet than he is clean, but they have nothing on him as of yet, and I am already wanted in the Duchy of Brabant and the County of Hainault for robbery, murder, laughing during a sermon and raping a priest. Yea, that one surprised me too. If you would have us, we would more than grateful.

Last edited by Rasgorn; 07-15-2018 at 02:55 AM.
Old 07-16-2018, 08:48 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
donsr donsr
Well, Good LAdy , if you feel it will help Sir Danyon, By all means.... He waves a hand to his friends, We have no love for the Norman cross lovers, not the Flagellants who run amok... My do enjoy staking them to a tree, for their fellows to find....he looks down for a Moment, ..any who feel that they are tagged as outlaws and such, should have reason enough to want to strike back...It only leaves us , getting them to understand , many blades together, are more import, then many blades scattered about. If we are in luck, we may fall across some of these folks who have seen a Reeve and such staked to a tree....but one thing, that may change the whole flow , is to get the demihumans to unite... now are hounded more then us...so the joy of striking back should fulfilling enough to want to come together?
Old 07-17-2018, 05:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
As he is speaking, Ivyian notices Eisen Hammerhand raise an eyebrow and turn his gaze from Siofra, to Ivyian himself. Eisen is patient, letting Iyvian finish and then remaining quiet, giving others a chance to speak, before saying, You sound a bit extreme. I hope you are not trying to impress us with tales of 'staking' people to trees. If so, you have failed. If what you say is true and you take glee at the suffering of your foe, regardless of how much we feel they may deserve such treatment, we should take care not to become what we fight. That is how the 'enemy' wins. It has always been so. Eisen slowly turns making certain to make eye contact with everyone, There are many decent, true hearted people who serve in the Church of the West, others who serve in different capacity. There are also evil folk within the Church, this, we all know to well. These we must hunt out. The worst though, is when decent folk, whether of the Church or no, commit heinous acts in retribution or vengeance and thus lose themselves to the lusts of the true evil we must all fight. Before staking someone out Ivyian, I would hope you consider them and ask yourself, is this a good and decent person who has followed the commands of his superiors, as they should?And by doing so commit evil without realizing or even worse, knowing their act is an evil one, but they must obey the commands of their superiors? Siofra looks abashed and then indignant, Who are you to judge?she almost shouts. A deep red flushes her cheeks as she realizes she has raised her voice. Siofra calms and says in a steadier voice, We are all responsible for own souls. Whoever commits evil has committed evil, regardless of their obedience or intention and should be properly held accountable. I don't think you should allow people to hide behind this finesse of words and possible decency. You are either decent, or you are not. You know what is right and decent and good and follow through on that or you don't. This idea of someone just doing what they are told out of obedience or what not is just another falsehood, another guileful attempt to escape accountability. We are all responsible for what we do and what we don't. To think otherwise is naive and weak. By my faith and by the Saints, I swear I will never be either again.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:27 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
donsr donsr
Ivy nods his ehad at Siofra's words, even take a slight side step to her side....and.... if you are trying to impress us with you words and...'open'..view of those who lie, kill , steal and Enslave the people I try to fight for... you have failed..both to impress..and what it is worth in trust

Snickering a bit Coldly he adds,...becoming what we fight, is exactly what our foes fear.... it is alright to thump your chest for 'his lordship"... or Bow to some inane god...But that is just the shiled they use....My people have had a motto of sorts... the first part is, "...be the fire, that fights the fire"... the second part,"..leave no live enemies behind you.." The people we seek out to come together... aren't sitting in thier studies drinking fine wines, nor are they on thier knees praying to a god that worries more of what race, and what color coin you have...then anything?..... The People we seek are people. Much like my friends and Me... people who have been harassed....staking scum to trees.. not only puts the ripples of fear in the 'ordinary' folk who serve the darkness.... But gives hope to the same type of folk.

..so?.. speak not to me and mine, about 'good folk following orders'.... they have sold thier souls already, we will merely dispatch them, so they may catch up to those wailing souls..

His Eyes shift to Dayon,.. is this person a collaborator?... do they hold something over, so he feels the need to lay down excuses. If you want me to recruit, the type of folks you want to bring together... it may be wiser not... to have someone whose leanings are tilted the wrong way...
Old 07-18-2018, 03:54 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
OOC-roll for spot, an listen

Eisen sits back, still looking directly at Iyvian, but he speaks to Siofra first, Who am I to judge? You have missed the point Sister. Should I still call you sister, or have you forsworn your vows? It is you who are making the judgements I question when you decide who to slaughter and who not, without trial and seeming objectivity. Our foes commonly make themselves judge, jury, and executioner simply because they have the might to do so. I do not wish to become like them. I wish to have a Just Society where we all may find equity under the law. Ivyian and I will most likely never come to amicable agreements on the details of doing, even though we certainly agree on the ideas of what must be done. I am not a collaborator, but getting you to think me so is exactly what the enemy would wish. I try to remain honest in these desperate times. I have friends within the clergy who have committed small evils in order to remain close to their leaders in order to find information and help, "the greater good." This is not a philosophy I adhere to or agree with in the least. These are good souls like yourselves Siofra and Ivyian, and like you, I don't agree with their choices to solve our problems, but they are still my allies. As I hope for you to become. After this night, we shall not discuss philosophy or morality again. We shall instead work to defeat our enemies and once victory is attained, then we can discuss the kind of peace we desire. Is that agreeable?
Old 07-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
donsr donsr
Ivy gives a half-smile,."....Indeed, when peace has come, there will be no need for the ways of my people. Until such time, I will do what it takes to make, Killing, raping and robbing of my allies, a very painful, and deadly hobby. It will be easy for me to forgive a trooper with a spear, who is pushed out in front of his lords so he may die, instead of them..but?.. there is no forgiveness for that same trooper that bashes children heads and rapes and pillages..."

Turning to Sir Danyon"..Where do we start.. or should we just travel about and Hope these folks find us, or us then...". his right hand rests on the dirk hilt on his right side as he relaxes,."..and?...once we meet them, should the goddess of luck smile on us, how do they get in contact with you, or whomever is to rally these folk? "

Last edited by donsr; 07-18-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: quotes
Old Today, 04:42 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Eisen is now smiling, the first bit of emotion Ivyian has seen from the young dwarf. Eisen says nothing, but nods in agreement and looks to Sir Danyon, wondering, like Ivyian just how they are suppose to go about this courier business. Brinna is now also smiling and shaking her head, clearly relieved that Ivyian and Eisen have come to some accord. Sir Danyon rubs his eyes and then his forehead before looking up,That is the question isn't it? I don't know Ivyian, that is how disorganized we are and how we are easily exploited by the enemy.Sir Danyon sighs, rubs his chin and pulls his fingers through his hair, Let us start with this, find Lady Tailtu, a priestess of St. Silva and a hunter of lycans and deliver this scroll case to her. I don't know what is in it, but I know it is enchanted and warded against anyone but Lady Tailtu opening it. Secondly, try and find the Sea Griffons mercenary company, a Sgt Critias in particular, and deliver this scroll case to him. It is not warded and is from a message to Critias from Elberich, a mage who used to serve in the Sea Griffons company. Careful with them, Critias and the Sea Griffons are dangerous and wary. They have been excommunicated by the Church and suffer the pain of death and indignanty by any who come across them. That means anyone can do anything to those named in the Writ and no harm will come to them. These Sea Griffons helped rescue over a 500 hundred people from the city of Nijmegin and thwarted Duke Hugarn and his allies in trying to forcibly wed the Duchess of York and through that marriage control her and the powers of her inheritance. The Duchess is now on the run and in hiding, aided by several ex Sea Griffons.

As Sir Danyon is talking, Brinna looks up, her hand going to her dagger once again. Just as Sir Danyon finishes speaking, Ivyian hears Voraiya's voice in his head, Company, one flagellant priests, cohort Jordanite priestsVoriay is in back of the Inn, somewhere around the stable yards. Ivyian can respond with a seven word message of his own. Ivyian knows a cohort is a group of twelve men, usually nine soldiers led by a Deacon, a priest, and a reeve.