Game Thread A New World Order - Page 14 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: N-R > New world order
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 1st, 2019, 04:19 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Brendus
Ha! I wonder all the time! My mother was a sorcerer, magic flourished innately in her. I have been fascinated with it since a young age. His face gains a serious note and whiskers give a little twitch as he continues. There used to be more of us "surface dwellers" who could use magic, but this guy running the show, he's some unification hero or something, has recently dropped the hammer on all arcane magic users in the kingdom. The serious note turns to anger. I'd sure like to give him a piece of MY MIND! Sanga punches the wall as hard as he can, trying to release the anger.
Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 05:14 PM
Barbarian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40
Volcanis
The pale mage is deep in thought when the cat screeches and assaults the wall, startling Valkin enough to drop his spellbook. After his initial scramble, he quickly picks up the time and brushes off the cover. A sudden idea stuck him, as usual, casuing him swap his book with another, followed by ink and a quill. With all items in hand, he swiftly sits on the floor and begins to write.

OOCI should have been doing this before, but just had the idea to chronicle his findings.

Sanga.
Bipedal feline.
Quick on his feet, and seemingly equally quick tempered. Sensitive about his mother and those who suppress magic.
Good in a fight. Does not seem deceptive.
Valuable ally.

I hope to travel more with this one and study his behavior. I have not seen such a creature, but most on the surface are foreign to me.

With the same swiftness as he began, he closes his book and stows the writing items away, retrieving his trusty spellbook.

I see this is a sensitive subject. Are you able to proceed? Is your hand injured? He asked with genuine curiosity, but it sounds like more for academic research than medical investigation. Then again, that's normal for him.

Now, where was I... Valkin returns to the doors in front of him, running his hands along the surfaces. Let's see... Odd door. Sturdy frame, but no runes or levers. Manual entry. Odd design, too, with one opening and the other closing, from this side... Hinge visible with- He suddenly stops. His attention span that of a caffeinated squirrel.

Sanga, I require yourassistance. He speaks without looking at the recipient of the monologue. I believe I have found a way through the gateway. How are you with small devices? From the looks of this design, we should be able to remove the central rod and remove the door, allowing us to unlock it appropriately. We could then reinstall the rod and door, allowing us entrance, and subsequently safety within.

Last edited by Volcanis; Apr 2nd, 2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 10:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Brendus
Heheheh, sorry bud. I'm fine. It just gets to me sometimes... I never was much of one for the fiddly bits. Opening locks, disabling traps, that sort of thing. I'm a hell of an acrobat, but I don't do tedious. We can try though...

OOCI'm not sure what to do here, not sure what to roll. I can't use any disable device or open lock check untrained, so I'm just going to roll a d20 and let you decide what to add.
Dice Roll:
1d20 9

Last edited by Brendus; Apr 2nd, 2019 at 10:38 PM.
Old Apr 3rd, 2019, 08:57 AM
Barbarian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 40
Volcanis
For what it's worth (if anything):
Dice Assist:
d20 18