twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 5th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38
emanb29
I have updated my bond to better frame Orryn's idealism, and added something of a "mission statement" to the end of my background.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 07:56 PM
Attack Shrub

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 266
JustcallmeArby JustcallmeArby JustcallmeArby
Completely Complete and all that entails.

Sigurd
Name: Sigurd 'Longscarf'
Race: Human
Class: Rogue-1 / Monk-2
Background: Folk Hero

Appearance:

Image:

Personality:

Personality Traits:
I Misuse long words in a attempt to sound smarter
If someone is in trouble, I'm always ready to lend help.

Ideal: There's no good in pretending to be something I am not.

Bond: My scarf is a symbol of my home and I carry it so I never forget my roots... And Tanngrisnir. She's a good sheep.

Flaw: Some of the bandits who remember my stabbing days got my name and aren't happy with the 'little tyke' who sliced their shins at night.

Backstory
Sigurd grew up in a small farm town and spent his younger years shepherding sheep with his father. A rising wave of banditry lead to a need to defend the live stock and that was when Sigurd was given a knife. Sigurd used his rather small height for that age and a very sharp knife to defend the sheep and shortly after learning how to use it, a rumor spread among bandits about the "Sheepskin Cutter" who could see the bandits in the night and cut them down.

A little bit of fame under his belt, Sigurd resumed their sheep herding until a wandering monk by the name Magnus came by and noticed a interesting trait with the lad. His eyesight was not natural. Seeing this potential, Magnus took Sigurd under his wing.

Leaving his town was... Less than fun, but he always found comfort in the knitted scarf he carried along during his training. Magnus taught Sigurd about the fundamental concepts of ki, though his methods of teaching were particular. He was a strange fellow but as far as Sigurd was concerned, he was teacher.

Once the basics were taught, Magnus went his own way and Sigurd was forced to pick a path for himself. He listened to that instructions but doesn't exactly know where that will take him or what it would mean to pick a path. Well at least he has some money making skills and a very comfy scarf.

Player IntroHello, Just call me Arby. Anyways I am a fan of fun and zanny stuff. I haven't really watched any of the particular anime quoted but I understand the themes and like that kind of light hearted fun. Not to mention I mess around on some writing server stuff so new worlds are always fun for me to see and think about, therefore being apart of the world is even better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigurd Greyscale.png
Views:	82
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	90489  

Last edited by JustcallmeArby; Apr 6th, 2021 at 07:29 PM.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 11:56 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar briar
@JustcallmeArby
No issues, go ahead.

@Everyone
Tomorrow night is when I plan to close the advert and choose players. If you have been considering applying or if you are still working on your character, note that I will need pencils down some time later in the evening. Players who are chosen will be able to expound more on their characters thereafter.

Thanks to all applicants for their interest in this endeavor. You've all been splendid, and regardless of the results, I'm pleased to have gotten to work with everyone. I wish everyone only the best moving forward~
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 12:38 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38
emanb29
I believe the application for Orryn is completed, unless you have any further requests for changes or I missed something

Last edited by emanb29; Apr 6th, 2021 at 12:39 AM.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 02:48 AM
Attack Shrub

Tools
User Statistics
@briar I will say that the app is basically complete at this point. Think I got most of the standard gist settled and typed down.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 05:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4180
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Horace is done, appreciate feedback if you have the time. He's a bit different compared to other characters I've made, hope you like him.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 06:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1079
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Oh boy! Here we go! Biting nails time!
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 07:26 PM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get to the computer any earlier, so I won't be able to offer any further feedback before I need to do my picking. That said, from a brief glance, earlier preconceptions are right, you all are not making this easy on me. I'll have my results posted before the night's end and links sent.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 07:32 PM
Attack Shrub

Tools
User Statistics
Best of luck to all the other applicants. Now we all wait eagerly for the results.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 01:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1079
WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi WildJessi
Anxiety!!
https://youtu.be/sXatoCG13tw
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 04:32 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2389
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
fingers crossed
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 04:54 AM
Inter-dimensional Witch

Tools
User Statistics
Excellent musical choice. Oh hey, that's Nurse Dunstun! She sure plays a lot of nurse bits...

Well then, I suppose I've made you all suffer long enough. Without further adieu, allow me to introduce the members of the next Chronicle of Nevermore...

Quentin West (hafrogman), Human Fighter
A strapping young adventurer who is clearly destined for greatness, Quentin is out to make a name for himself and prove he's not just a magic academy wash-out. That is, of course, so long as his luck manages to hold out...

Delaclya Moonwhisper (WildJessi), Sylvan Druid
A member of an ancient tradition that has thrived in the secluded forest groves of the Ashrimari heartlands, Delaclya is only just beginning to see the wide-open world beyond her wilderness home. What exciting discoveries await her?

Volien (Maestrosity), Centaur Ranger
A centaur originally from the deep flatlands of the Ashrimari Basin, Volien left his tribal life in search of new and inspiring things, and later, answers to the nature of the curious powers gifted to him by a mysterious elven wanderer.

Horace Bashiri (NoQuarter19), Vedalken Artificer/Wizard
A strange man who woke up under mysterious circumstances and no knowledge of his former life, Horace delights in the strange and mystical nuances of his new existence and seeks to find his place in the world of Nevermore.

...and yes, I am accepting 4 characters rather than the previous limitation of 3 due to the fact that the aforementioned 4th player whom I had pre-accepted before I posted the ad isn't currently able to take part. He'll likely be joining us further down the road.

With that, I conclude this advertisement thread. I appreciate all the interest, as well as commend everyone on an excellent set of characters. Those of you who got in will be receiving links in your PMs to the new forum where you'll be able to chat and strategize. To everyone else, I thank you again for your work, and hope we get to play together later in the future!

Cheers!
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 04:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Congrats to those that made it!
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 495
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Have fun everybody...