Old Apr 6th, 2021, 07:43 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 180
Inverse Null Inverse Null
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakfed View Post
Huh. The Dragon 319 version of the pterran is radically different than the athas.org version - especially for druids. Dragon version makes terrible druids - instead of +2 wisdom LA 0 (athas.org) they are -2 wisdom LA 2 (Dragon 319).
Yeah, it's sort of a weird coin flip as to which version benefits which races more, made even more confusing because the DRM319 rules essentially say to spot everyone 1 point of free LA (representing, I guess, the idea that the Athasian races are more battle-tested than random commoners on paradise worlds with luxuries like water). Pterran definitely comes off better in the athas.org version, but on the flip side, half-giant is a really tough sell with +2 LA and brutal mental modifiers (but is pretty fine in its DRM319 iteration).

I'm good to go with whatever. And actually, I guess most of the rest of everything is present in the athas.org supplement. Just wanted to know if there were any other options out there.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 12:15 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5318
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Athas.org was probably the more official source but both sets can work. I can testify to the Athas.org version myself, it was a Darksun PBP that brought me to this site to begin with, using Athas.org and Pathfinder.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 11:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1528
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
How will we be determining ability scores?

And how much would a pair of bone daggers cost?

Last edited by Ermine; Apr 8th, 2021 at 03:47 AM.
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 02:06 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10662
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
@Ermine: Per the doc bone daggers are gonna cast you the equivelent in CP that metal daggers would cost you in GP so should be 2 for a pair. If you wanted metal daggers instead that would run you 200 cp or 2gp.

Also Lightscale is done outside of mechanical bits. Ran a little long due to wanting the background in the style of a personal narrative and can shorten it if I need to.

Last edited by MundayKnight; Apr 9th, 2021 at 02:07 PM.
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 09:00 PM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5704
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
There are a lot of great apps. I might be able to move the deadline forward. But in the meanwhile keep ‘em coming.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 03:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 495
Shula Shula Shula Shula Shula
Application- WIP
right-aligned image

Name: Uglúk
Race: Half-Giant
Class: Psychic Warrior
Alignment: Good [Chaotic, Neutral, Lawful]

Description: Uglúk is a hulking creature that stands close to 12 feet tall and weighs about 1,600 pounds. He was born with no hair. Uglúk's eyes are a coal black and his complexion is a mixed pallid and tan. He doesn't care much about clothing and wears whatever is available- sometimes to really garish results.

Background: As a child in Tyr, the half-giant child heard someone call him ugly looking and mistook it for Uglúk, so that was the name he chose for himself. Even at a young age Uglúk exhibited psychic powers.Not being able to handle him themselves, his owners apprenticed him to a psychic warrior for training. When his studies where done, Uglúk was returned to his masters whereupon he worked as a bodyguard to the family.

All was well and good until the rebellion which took the lives of his owner. As a freed man, Uglúk was confused. In his own words:

"Everythin good. Everythin good till bad men fought. Kalak was sorcerer-king-god and then he wasn't. My owners good to me, now they gone. Kalak gone. Owners gone. Me in this big mess in Tyr. Me no like. Make my head hurt. Too much to think. Thinkin too much bad. Maybe leave Tyr. Maybe job with someone else. Uglúk good protector. Yes, new job. New people. No ugly business."

Needless to say, Uglúk hit the road and found new companions to replace his owners. They guarded a caravan to Balic. Intrigued by this new city, he left his party and served as a foot soldier in the army of Balic for a time. Afterwards, he mostly worked as a freelance bodyguard. Bored with the work, Uglúk was very excited when a group of people started talking about adventuring. He happily joined the party to see if his new companions and himself could find sparkling treasure and deadly abodes.

What would become of the half-giant only time would tell.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 12th, 2021 at 07:32 PM.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 03:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Is this pre-Tyr rebellion or post-Tyr rebellion... affects my app background.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 08:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image
left-aligned image
Can't make up my mind between these two pics.

Anyone have a comment on either one?

And yes, I'm going with the Half-Giant even if it's suboptimal for certain reasons.

Last edited by Shula; Apr 11th, 2021 at 08:50 PM.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 08:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
ScalingThe scaling of a Macahuitl to large damage is 2d6

The scaling of a Javelin to large damage is 1d8

The scaling of a Maul and Great Maul to large damage is 3d6

The scaling of a Mekillot Sap to large damage is 3d8

Are these correct?

AttributesAre we going with:
  • Elite Array
  • 28-Point-Buy
  • 32-Point-Buy
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 09:36 PM
Now a Wizard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10662
MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight MundayKnight
@Shula, picture on the right for barbarian/ranger/druid/elemental cleric, picture on the left for non-nature focused classes would be my vote. I believe your scaling is right but I just checked your first and last and not the middle two. If javelin is 1d6 (M) then you got it right, if the maul is 2d6 (M) you got it right. Don't think attributes have been given out yet.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 06:10 AM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5704
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shula View Post
Is this pre-Tyr rebellion or post-Tyr rebellion... affects my app background.
Post-rebellion. Kalak is gone.
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 07:14 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1715
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
Alder
right-aligned image

Name: Alder
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Alignment: True Neutral (tending towards Legal, tending towards Good)

Description: In his early 40s, he looks twenty years older due to having worked under the scorching sun all his life, with tanned wrinkly and skin. Toned and tall, Alder has the body of someone that struggled to eat regularly throughout his life, while still keeping an active lifestyle. He's usually good humored, with a big smile on his face, even when distrustful as he often is.

Background: Alder worked most of his life with livestock, one of thousands citizens providing food to Balic. His dream was always to get into selling Crodlus, being signed in to a Merchant House and make a fortune. Unfortunately he never managed to even be considered by House Ardien, the smallest Trading House that operates in Balic. For a couple of years, after he got married, he found work as an entertainer, playing in taverns, always trying to put away some money for a great investment. After another failed venture, his wife Lydia left him, tired of all the fights about his big dreams that always left them broke.

Desperate and hungry for coin, he decided to enlist in the army. There, Alder learned how to fight, but luckily, his skills with the flute helped him getting promoted to military musician, guiding the rythm of the unit through the march with his flute, especially during parades. When his contract with the army came to its end, Alder discovered by pure chance that they were about to kill one of the cavalry-crodlus as it was getting too old for the military regulations and was on its way to become military rations. Spotting that the animal was still in excellent shape, Alder gave some of his last paycheck to the soldier that was about to kill the animal and walked away with a well-trained, smart Crodlu.

I think it's still a bit WIP.. was thinking at the Wild Cohort feat that grants a weaker version of the druid Animal Companion.. if a Crodlu is too OP I could change it into a Erdlu and change Alder into a Halfling..

I thought of getting him a level of druid, but the're quite rare (and being a real druid it's serious business) and I didn't really care about the spells, I just wanted my merchant (eventually Dune Trainer) to have a special bond with its creature.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Apr 12th, 2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old Apr 19th, 2021, 03:11 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Morganth
the 3.5 Dark Sun is designed to be compatible with DnD 3.5. What sourcebooks will be permitted as part of character creation?