RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Mar 1st, 2020, 09:55 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30578
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
@Drachen

I think my character is done, sheet as well. Let me know if something missing.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18061
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
@MoonZar - App is completed and marked as such in the table. On the terrain, it's hard to say. Grasslands fits where she is trained, so it's as good as any. If we're all still in this by the time characters hit 7th level, they'll have been through Forests and Mountains as well, so it'd be hard to pick on that note. If it were me, I'd pick Grasslands as that's where she was taught her skills.

@GobBob - The link is there, but the sheet isn't public.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:13 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
I will go with grassland since it's where she was raised and trained.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:30 PM
Likely up to no good ...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5502
Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie Oakie
Usaden ibn Basi Application
right-aligned image

Character Name: Usaden ibn Basi
Race: Human (V)
Class: Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)
Alignment: Lawful Good
Description: Most outside the Sword Coast port cities gawk at Usaden, a man with dark brown skin, dark brown beard, and outlandish clothing. He wears a long tunic over immensely baggy pants and boots, a cloth wrapped elaborately around his neck and head, and has an exotic, curved dagger tucked into his waist sash. He speaks with a challenging accent.
Personality: Hesitant and stilted in the Chondathan tongue of the Sword Coast, Usaben is polite and charming once he opens up, easily making friends and assuaging enemies. That is, unless a bargain must be struck, and then one will not find a more formidable opponent. He's also far too fond of strong wine and other intoxicants, and gambling!, and too often smells of his latest indulgence.
Background: Far Traveler (Zakhara)
Characteristics:
Trait 1: I honor my deities through practices that are foreign to this land.
Trait 2: I have a strong code of honor or sense of propriety that others don't comprehend.
Ideal: Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn.
Bond: You have a secret. You once were a gold dragon who served Bahamut. You were too proud and vain, to the point that Bahamut decided to teach you a lesson. You have been trapped in a weak, humanoid body, with your memories of your former life but a dim shadow. You remember only one thing with perfect clarity: Bahamut’s command to go into the world and prove your devotion to the cause of good. If you prove worthy, on your death you will return to his side in your true form.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the new intoxicants and other pleasures of this land.
Character History: Born into a wealthy merchant family of Huzuz, Zakhara, Usaden's life seemed destined to follow in the family business. But in his late teens, he began to manifest certain tendencies for fire magic, and shimmering, golden scales grew on certain parts of his body. His father hired a wizard, Zigza, to tutor him, but as Usaden's magic was inborn, what he could learn was limited.

At the same time his powers manifested, he was plagued by the sense that his soul is that of an imprisoned gold dragon and by a lucid memory of standing before Bahamut, whose scales shimmer like ice from the high mountains. About a year ago the memory became more detailed. He remembered Bahamut commanding him, wordlessly somehow, to "seek what is greenest," "devote yourself to good, prove worthy," and then "you may join me again in death." Usaden sought wisdom from the Oracle of Kor, who told him, "Seek what is greenest to the north, where the sword cuts the sea." After reading, consultation with Zigza, and prayer, he traveled to the Sword Coast, whereupon he learned of the city, Greenest, and made haste.

OOCDeleting Fosco Tarfoot application in deference to MoonZar and to create a magical damage dealer. I read the two wizard applications as controllers.

Last edited by Oakie; Mar 2nd, 2020 at 02:22 PM. Reason: update Secret Answer
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:32 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Cool app Oakie!
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:38 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
oakfed oakfed
Added a draft character sheet for Ophorio, https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=83926

He might have met Usaden - they share a common interest! Perhaps he also swindled someone at some point...

Last edited by oakfed; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Add possible character links
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:48 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31568
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
left-aligned image

Character Name: Vorjurn Norixius
Race: Dragonborn
Class: Paladin

Description: A large copper dragonborn who stands at almost seven feet and weighs 270lbs. He has a menacing presence that would make anyone second guess a direct approach.

Personality: Vorjurn is conflicted with inner turmoil trying to pit his own feelings against those that have been expected upon him. He is loyal and brave and will take a sword for any one of his allies or for the sake of his duty, but coming from a lineage that has blindlessly served dragons he has begun to wonder if his path is the right one. Coming from a culture born out of slavery serving honorably and being a slave seem to be a difference of circumstance. Vorjurn has become suspicious of serving the dragons as his family has since they arrived from Abeir, but weighs it against his honor to follow his duty.

Background: Inheritor
Trait 1: I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Trait 2: When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
Ideal: Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people. (Chaotic)

Bond: You and your family were members of the Cult of the Dragon, until your rivals in the cult arranged to wipe you out. Though they slaughtered your kin, you survived, but they think you’re dead. Now is your chance for vengeance! Your hit list consists of three names: a human cultist named Frulam Mondath, a half-orc named Bog Luck, and a half-dragon named Rezmir. You have arrived in Greenest, knowing it’s next on the cult’s list of targets.
Flaw: The tyrant who rules my land will stop at nothing to see me killed.

Character History:
Vorjurn was once known by another name, Rathkran Raghthroknaar, a family known as servants of the Cult of the Dragon. Having served Dragonkind since more generations than he could remember it seemed like the natural order of things to be serving the dragon masters within the cult. Other lines of his kin had been said to gain freedom from their dragon oppressors, but from what Vorjurn had been taught since he was just out of the egg that was merely a child's fantasy, best to be loyal and hold to your honor. That of course all came tumbling down when his father had garnered too much attention within the cult.

A half-dragon by the name of Rezmir had become jealous of his father's growing station within the cult and with the help of two others had set out to eliminate the competition. They came to their nest in the middle of the night and slayed his family in their sleep before setting the place ablaze. His father was the first they killed stabbing him in the back completely disregarding his honor before killing his mother and sisters. Vorjurn had stuffed his nest with a body pillow to sneak out and get some more training in as we was known to do. As he saw the smoke he ran to the nest but was only in time to see the cultists responsible leaving. There was no chance to save his family... all he could to was plant the seed for revenge.

Last edited by Avner; Mar 2nd, 2020 at 01:32 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:55 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1333
GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob GodBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
@GobBob - The link is there, but the sheet isn't public.
Ugh, I always do that haha - it should be corrected now!
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 10:57 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Wow... Since yesterday, there's already 12+ apps.

We can already make two good groups.

Last edited by MoonZar; Mar 1st, 2020 at 10:58 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 11:51 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1810
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Brody should be complete. Fingers crossed and standing on one foot that he makes it into this campaign!

As a side note, this is an original character that I created specifically for this campaign. I've had the picture in my "DnD" album for a few months but I've been looking for the right inspiration to use it! LOL

Last edited by Treble83; Mar 1st, 2020 at 11:52 PM.
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 11:54 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6587
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Also, if anyone wants to connect your character to another player's character, by all means reach out to that other player. Given the "Bond" requirement, it is probable that of those that make the cut, some will know some others; especially those that have live in, or have been to Greenest before.
Estrada could certainly use a buddy type. Especially someone who could Or Both!either:

Help her survive on the road:
  • Could be wilderness survival, living off the land
  • Could be small town drifter type, helping her find gigs and lodging

Have been a manager/valet type:
  • Would have arranged fighting bouts
  • Would have been Estrada's brains while on the lam

Also, Drachenspirit will be familiar with what I'm adding to the end of my application. I wrote a couple lines about what Estrada would think of all the co-applicant characters. While obviously not everyone is going to be her best friend, I tried to 'yes-and' their personalities together. If you feel like I misunderstood your character, let me know and I'll adjust.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 12:21 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
oakfed oakfed
Part-time manager of a pit fighter sounds like an interesting sideline... certainly plenty of opportunities for making a little extra money by various tricks.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 06:10 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
@Totentanzen

Eleanore is in town since 4 years. As part of her class she has favored enemy dragon, she needed someone to teach her draconic and about dragon. I can write about that in my application if you'd like. Maybe that's how they became friends.
Works for me! It fits with my character having no "next move" at the moment and being a good aligned cleric he would be happy to oblige.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 06:27 AM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
ok i will add a couple of lines in my app that he taught her.
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 08:52 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 994
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Hi there,
I have finished my application. I believe myself to be quite flexible, so if you need anything else please just say so.