User Statistics
RPXP: 50
balan
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Arabella Undamere
Race: Variant Water Genasi
Class: Warlock (Genie)
2nd Class (If Gestalt): Bard (College of Glamour)
Background: Entertainer

Old Feb 24th, 2021, 02:24 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1314
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
Pravus, Tiefling Warlock
right-aligned image
Name: Pravus
Race: Tiefling, Bloodline of Dispater
Class: Hexblade Warlock
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Hillsfar Smuggler
- Feature (Secret Passage): You can call on your contacts within the smuggling community to secure secret passage into or out of Hillsfar for yourself and your adventuring companions, no questions asked, and no Red Plume entanglements. Because you’re calling in a favor, you can’t be certain they will be able to help on your timetable or at all. Your Dungeon Master will determine whether you can be smuggled into or out of the city. In return for your passage, you and your companions may owe the Rogue's Guild a favor and/or may have to pay bribes. Note: This feature is a variant of the Sailor feature.
Personality Traits:
- I love a good insult, even one directed at me.
- I don't pay attention to the risks in a situation. Never tell me the odds.
Ideals:
- Aspiration. I'm determined to make something of myself. (Any)
- Free Thinking. Inquiry and curiosity are the pillars of progress. (Chaotic)
Bond: I do as the Raven Queen directs, as she seems to promise me a better life by doing so.
Flaw: I left a dangerous illegal smuggling operation over a thousand miles east with no warning to the ones in charge, and they most likely want me dead for that.

Appearance: Pravus is a violet-skinned tiefling of toned, slender physique standing about 6'1" and weighing 175 pounds. Pravus has blue hair, fully red eyeballs, pointed ears, and two dark purple horns extending forward and upward out of the edges of his forehead. His facial features are quite angular and somewhat feminine, but objectively attractive to anyone with sexual preference. Pravus wears two large gilded ear piercings, and a labret piercing that is gold as well. He wears a suit of skin-tight dark purple leather armor with a large smooth rock of gold in the middle of the chest for some reason, with two handaxes on his left hip, two daggers on his right hip, and a backpack on his back. When the weather calls for it, Pravus has a winterized leather trenchcoat/cloak stuffed into his backpack.

Backstory:This is but a summary to leave lots open for disclosing in-game, but Pravus, a 23-year-old tiefling, is a hexblade warlock who hails from Sembia, where he used to make a living smuggling drugs to Hillsfar (albeit unable to enter the city-state himself) before he came in contact with the Raven Queen. He is a descendant of the Iron Duke Dispater, as his mother was a human sorcerer who had gotten romantically involved with a man who turned out to be a polymorphed bearded devil, and she ended up being a sacrifice in an occult ritual when he was hardly a decade old, causing him to have to live on the streets by less-than-honorable means. Pravus' mother's magical blood, being around a spellcaster from birth, and having his own small well of innate magic within himself, Pravus took interest in magic from a young age before his mother's soul was sent to the Nine Hells in that horrible, deceptive ritual, and this interest in the arcane would last the rest of his days. Fearing religion for what he understands it can do to people and lacking any real formal knowledge of wizards or the ability to teach oneself magic, Pravus pleads with the universe for purpose, for a magic-infused life full of good chances, and maybe a little bit of fame and fortune like the warriors and spell-slingers of lore. As he reaches adulthood, visions and strange signs in his daily life lead him to the Sword Coast, and upon reaching there, the Raven Queen makes her abstract self clear to the tiefling in a dream on his first night there. He remains in the area looking for answers and to further his magical understanding with the guidance of the Raven Queen, and because of how dangerous it is to leave a highly functional illegal smuggling operation and go 1000 miles west out of the blue, and him not being the most intuitive tiefling of the realms.

Last edited by ChiefDisbelief; Feb 25th, 2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonKlaussen View Post
The name of the world is Viator. Information for the application: race, classes, background, and a one or two line brief on the character. Just to get a basic idea what they're about.

I'll post some of my briefing docs here in a moment, once I dig them up.
Would you like me to post a character brief or is the link to Garl good enough?
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 11:57 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 55
VonKlaussen
ChiefDisbelief I'm sorry but I just don't use Kenku.

Candide3693 you're all good.
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief ChiefDisbelief
I'm really good at playing him even though he can't talk lol i played him for about a year so far. But ok we can use my tiefling.
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 10:11 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693 Candide3693
One last quick question; as you are using milestone leveling instead of experience points, should I take Garl to level 3 or leave him as is?
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 10:20 PM
Hella Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 516
Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking Thesandwichking
Would you allow a Rune Knight Fighter from U.A.?
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 11:37 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Milestone leveling is a yes (mostly because I frequently forget to calculate XPs, not gonna lie <.<; )

I just looked over the rune knight and it's fine by me. I'll run the lore a little different but mechanically I have no problems.

The applications are severely lacking in healing power at the moment.
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 11:53 PM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
OK, I moved Garl up to 3rd level and updated the character sheet if you want to take a look. I am working on updating his backstory to incorporate elements from the campaign material you provided. Let me know if I need to make any changes to Garl.
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 11:56 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Once I settle on a party we'll do a 'Session Zero' and make sure everyone's all lined up with the setting.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Prince of Avolition

Tools
User Statistics
I'll update Pravus to 3rd level on the sheet if he gets chosen, which i'm eagerly hoping for; i've never played in a not-D&D world before. I have played Pravus before though.

Last edited by ChiefDisbelief; Feb 26th, 2021 at 03:52 PM.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 10:20 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VonKlaussen
Let's talk about motivations. Why are your characters adventuring and what do they want out of it?
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 10:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
James Skeeter would be adventuring to find out whatever he can, and (hopefully) make a Great Discovery of our Age, and earn the recognition/fame that would go with it in the field of Academics.
He will leap on any new (to him) form of magical lore or spell. Even if a spell he discovers seems useless at first, he will want to add it to his spellbook anyway, as every spell he learns lets him understand even more about the fabric of magic itself.
He knows first-hand that Academia is something that you spend money on, but rarely get any out, so he will be looking for funds (Gold) to continue his research.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 11:46 AM
Kaor!

Tools
User Statistics
Garl's original motivation for adventuring in his new player solo game was a sort of pay it forward philosophy and search for companionship. The backstory I created for him accounted for both a solo adventure and his low INT and even lower CHA attributes. He was the only survivor of a raid on the small village where he lived and suffered a severe head wound that impacted both his appearance and his intelligence. He was found and rescued by strangers and taken to foster with a forester who raised him. The injury left him with a scar running in an arc from his lower left jaw back through his left ear and forward to terminate above his left eye. He has reduced hearing in his left ear and problems forming new memories, so he carries a small notebook and makes notes of important details during conversations, and sometimes has to ask for things to be repeated so he can hear them clearly or get all the important details written in his notebook. He also does not face people directly during conversations, instead turning his head to the left so his right ear is facing whomever is speaking. His isolation is exacerbated by his self-consciousness about his scar and mannerisms. It is true that his appearance and memory problems make being his companion difficult, and has led to some awkward and painful situations in the past when people he had thought potential friends simply disappeared and abandoned him, but Garl is also so fearful of rejection anymore that he just travels, helping out where and when he can, yet keeping people at arm's length despite desperately wanting friends and hoping to someday find his place in the world.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 12:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
James could have seen Garl with his notebook and approached him, assuming that he was a fellow scholar, then offering to help him with his notes when he found out the truth.