Other [7th Sea] - Blades, Betrayal, and Brotherhood - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Feb 26th, 2021, 03:52 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
DBCowboy DBCowboy
Sweet, I can definitely work with that.

By the way, I really like Arisocrats' quirk:

Earn a Hero Point when you prove there is more to nobility than expensive clothes and attending court.

Oi lad, yer damn right there is...
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 04:21 PM
Peace was never an option

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31568
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
haha I am liking where this is going already.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 06:43 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2382
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBCowboy View Post
Nah I think noble could be fun, I like the image of him I'm building in my head so far.

One question though, not that I want to build the character sheet but so I understand how backgrounds would fit to bring him to his current situation...

I understand I'll pick 2 backgrounds for the character . Aristocrat seemed appropriate for one and I'm considering what others might work for his 2nd. Thought about Knight Errant but don't think we'd need more than one in the group. Is there any concerns on ones that would not work?

Given the description in text about Highland nobles being involved in work (not sitting in their mannor being dainty like those prissy Montaigns, bah!) I could see him having anything from Farm Kid so one of the sailing professions especially if his estate is on one of the islands in the channel.
Don't feel like you have to shy away from Knight Errant on my behalf. I won't feel like you're stepping on my toes if you decide to go that way. In fact, that could be the hook that brings our characters together. If you decide not to go that way, the Marches-specific background might work for you. They are respected by the community, versed in law, and warriors.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 01:07 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DBCowboy DBCowboy
Still a work in progress....
Highland Aristocrat
right-aligned image

Name: Lachlan MacQuarrie

Nation: The Highland Marches

Starting Story: Friends in Strange Places
  • Goal: While in exile Lachlan secures a powerful ally
  • Reward: Patron Advantage - 3 Step Story
  • Step 1: Lachlan frees himself from bondage in a foreign land
  • Step 2: TBD
  • Step 3: TBD

Arcana:
  • Virtue: Glorious
  • Hubris: Hot-headed

Backgrounds:
  • Aristocrat
  • Sidhe Squire

Background: Hamish MacQuarrie ran his lands with a practical, balanced hand for all of Lachlan's youth. Hamish had fought the Castille invaders and then his countrymen during the civil war which follow and managed to hold on to the lands of his ancestors through all. The MacQuarries held a sizable area but though beautiful it was fit only for sheep or cattle and some small farms. Cash poor compared to others of their station, the MacQuarries were known for getting their hands as dirty as their tenants which earned them secret jibes from other clans but respect from those that called their acreage home. This also fostered a rougher, wilder side in his son and Lachlan was known to have a shorter fuse than most when stymied.

As his parents had, Hamish sent his child to University to become the well -rounded leader that their estate would require. To the surprise of many Lachlan did well, finding talents outside the physical that few would have suspected. He returned home refined with some of the rougher edged rounded but definitely not gone. But suddenly the Graal was returned to the Glamour Isles and with it came the Sidhe. Reports of the aftermath of the attack at Ballorwick and the Cursed Prince's reprisal forced Lachlan to return home where he found his father embroiled with other lords attempting to develop relations with their new "neighbors". Joining his father and a small delegation of Highland lords to the Sidhe stronghold of Dagna sought terms of peace, the Sidhe were remorseless but fair. They were here to stay and if the Humans wished for peace then they must first be peaceful and the Seelie would do the likewise. To make this so the Sidhe would instruct some in their ways and these chosen would then help to serve as intermediaries for the Sidhe, better to mitigate disputes between the races. Though Lachlan held no love for the Færie the destruction of wrought by the Cursed Prince demonstrated that any war with the inhuman beings would be costly. Held held high in defiance, he stepped forward.

Taken under the tutelage of a being known as The Leanansidhe, the Marcher learned of the beings: their ties to the Land, their terrible power....and their equally terrible beauty. But also he found a belief that if in fact a peace could be achieved it did not need be at the continual surrender by the Humans. The Sidhe were different but not unreasonable and misunderstandings could be resolved.

And even since the day Lachlan has stood for the good of the Marches and the good of the Sidhe. And it is a hard thing for a Marcher to do at times. While other areas of the realm have prospered since Elaine returned, the Marches have not. Many a Highland gathering is rife with arguments and grumblings and Lachlan has spoken for calm or shouted down (even beaten down on two notable occasions) these voices to lay out convincing reasons why the alliance must be preserved. Yet his greatest personal triumphs are when he is able to find a mutual agreement between the races or, on rare occasion, broker an acquiescence on the part of the Seelie. Many have been calmed by his words and his action but others secretly enraged by them...

Knox MacNab was nearly a brother to Lachlan in youth; both travelling to University together. But while presenting a trusting façade Knox held poison in his heart. In truth he always considered the MacQuarries as lesser nobles, he looked down on Lachlan and privately resented the man's successes. Knox had coveted Lachlan's wife Marcella and though his interests would have likely waned he secretly resented that she had chosen his friend instead. Add then his anger at the decline of the Marches under Elaine and the nightmares their king and queen allowed in their court and to take from his land and here stands his trusted friend abandoning him in his need, speaking words in defense of these beings? Now stands in league with them?

Any love Knox held for Leland died quietly then and malice filled the void that remained.

Physical Description: Lachlan carries himself well with the swagger Marcher's are know for. A stranger may see the fine clothes and assume a dainty nobleman, but the Highlands breed a tougher sort and those hailing from the cold interior of the island no less so. For those families with ample land but fewer resources for trade even the wealthy are not free from toil. Years of hard work to maintain their estate left Lachlan no stranger to manual labor with knots of muscles to persevere from sun up to sun down.

Personality: Lachlan loves the Marches and is a proud supporter of King MacDuff though there is no question that life has been increasingly difficult with the arrival of the Sidhe.

Personal Goals: Restore his reputation. Regain his lands. Improve the lives of his people and the Marches. See Unseelie banished from the lands, including the Red-Eyed King and
Cursed Prince.

Player Goals: Would like to see Lachlan develop into a leader of others, able to make the hard decisions. I'm also good if he dies at the end of the main story arc; if so hopefully he takes Knox with him in one way or another but as long as it's a good story then I'm happy.

Contacts:
  • Knox MacNab - once the closest of friends at University and after, now Lachlan's most bitter enemy. He's taken everything Lachlan has. Only death can balance these scales.
  • Cáitín Murchadh - A tough-as-nails Innsmore lass Lachlan met in a sea-side village in his youth. The two got in a handful of scraps and became good friends. A sailor on one of her father's ships, Cáitín took to privateering for the Queen while Lachlan was away at University.
  • The Leanansidhe - Lachlan's tutor of the Sidhe. At times she still presents him with tasks, either for his further education or for issues the Sidhe have with humanity. Perhaps she is a friend, at times she certainly professes good intent but....her means are not always pleasant.

Secret: Lachlan hates the Sidhe and is none to fond of Queen Elaine either

Last edited by DBCowboy; Mar 15th, 2021 at 11:08 PM.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 08:51 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Okay, so this sounds great and something I'd like to be apart of. Is there a list of backgrounds and arcana I can choose from? or am I blind and missing it in the free pdf?

I've got an idea for a lovestruck, large ham, swashbuckler type character
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 09:42 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29
O2CXt3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf
Is there a list of backgrounds and arcana I can choose from? or am I blind and missing it in the free pdf?
I'm also new to the game and had the same question. I've been using this to play around with character options:

https://7thsea.neocities.org/#twentyQuestions

I'm not sure how accurate it is, but I've been using it to get a sense of what the options are.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 09:59 PM

Tools
User Statistics
The quickstart rules have pre-gen characters, so there is limited information in that regard without mining it from the ones that are created. There is a wiki however.

https://7th-sea-2e.fandom.com/wiki/7th_Sea_2e_Wiki

This site might help as far as explaining character creation.

https://adventurerules.blog/2020/05/...a-2nd-edition/

I would of course recommend grabbing the book if you like what you see in the quickstart.

https://www.chaosium.com/7th-sea-cor...d-edition-pdf/
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 10:26 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avner View Post
I would of course recommend grabbing the book if you like what you see in the quickstart.

https://www.chaosium.com/7th-sea-cor...d-edition-pdf/
No! I must resist the siren song of more game books, I cannot justi- ahhh I'm just lying to myself. I'm going to buy it, this game does look great
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 08:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
DBCowboy DBCowboy
I've gone pdf-only for my RPG collective addiction. It's usually bit cheaper and always available from my Google Drive
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 10:55 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
A Lovestruck Fool
right-aligned image

Name: Tonto Gol Peado Por Elamor III
Nation: Castille
Starting Story: Vengance: A Love Story - beaten, mocked and then shipped off for daring to love a women. Tonto seeks vengeance and eventually vindication
Arcana:
Virtue: The Lovers
Hubris: The Hero

Physical Description: William Riker is the best description to work off. A wry grin, full head of brown hair and a think beard. Tonto is well built but not muscled to the point of absurdity, he is in fact quite lean. His eyes hold the look of a constant joke and sparkle with curiosity and he walks with a jaunty step. But if you look closely at his walk, his smile and his eyes there's a coldness. A hollowness to his smile, a hardness in his eyes and a jitter in his step.

Personality: The short version is imagine Errol Flynn with the blind confidence of Gilderoy Lockhart mixed alongside the hammery of Brian Blessed, the sheer charisma of a WWE wrestler and the mindset of Antonio Banderas' Zorro all wrapped up in a package that looks like William Riker

Personal Goals: To win the hand of his lady love by becoming the most renowned man in all the land

Player Goals: As a player, opportunities to be a large ham and really chew the scenery. In terms of actual story though, I would love for there to be scenes of reality hitting Tonto and him realising that his goals and dreams are fool hardly and literally impossible for the most part.

Contacts: List three people who are tied to your character somehow. At least one has to be friendly, and one hostile.

Contact 1: Clarament Malvado
Attitude Towards Tonto: Neutral
A University librarian who promised to show Tonto the secrets of the world and the ancient magics it possessed. Unfortunately, when the troubles with Tonto occurred he was nowhere to be found and left his pupil hanging out to dry without a word or care

Contact 2: Cabeza Vacía
Attitude Towards Tonto: Hostile. Very Hostile
Vacía is the reason Tonto was beaten, broken and shipped off. Jealous of Tonto's and simply incredulous over his plans to try and wed the Queen (something he views as down right treasonous). Vacía took it upon himself to remove this stain upon Castille's honour. Skilled with a blade and with the backing of money and lacky's to boot, Tonto didn't really stand a chance against him

Contact 3: Amorosa Elamor
Attitude Towards Tonto: Friendly
Tonto's mother and main positive influence in his life. Even after the university scandal, she has stood by her son and hasn't cut contact unlike her husband. She continues to encourage Tonto to pursue his quest and dreams while trying to dissuade him from vengeance.

Secret: Tonto's love interest and reason behind his quest is Queen Elaine. He strives to prove himself worthy of her and her hand in marriage.

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Mar 26th, 2021 at 07:13 PM.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 01:51 PM
Black Lives Matter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1886
slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick slapstick
I won't have time to get a proper application up for a week or more, but think I've decided on a Sarmatian losejas, sorely tempted by power and ambition, who has a ~complicated~ relationship to her dievas.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 01:58 PM
Captain F-in Magic

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21937
PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard PopCultureBard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapstick View Post
I won't have time to get a proper application up for a week or more, but think I've decided on a Sarmatian losejas, sorely tempted by power and ambition, who has a ~complicated~ relationship to her dievas.
The Sarmatian Commonwealth was such a cool addition to the new edition of the game.

I will also be putting together an application, and it will show up here either before Thursday or after Sunday. My current inclination is a character from Numa as presented in the Pirate Nations book, cause I love what they did with that. Likely a thinker with some scholarly inclinations and a bit of daring swordplay.

Coming June 2021 - Monster of the Week: Generation Gap
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 03:11 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Looking forward to both your apps. Don't worry about rushing a post up, take your time to do it right, I'm giving times for apps for a reason.
Old Mar 2nd, 2021, 05:03 PM
Is Everything.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2382
Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude Attitude
Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureBard View Post
a character from Numa as presented in the Pirate Nations book
Ahh, I wondered if they ever came out with more info on Numa. I knew there is a tidbit at the end of Heroes and Villains I. I never got the Pirate Nations book though. Good to know.
Old Mar 4th, 2021, 06:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5545
ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka ihinka
It looks like I might not have the time for this one after all. Too bad, I enjoyed the setting. Another time maybe. Good luck to all the applicants. And to Avner come selections time.